Objective-Subjective Clarity

Objective-subjective clarity is an alternative to living in your head

Objective-subjective clarity is an alternative to living in your head

Objective-subjective clarity requires being able to tell two things apart:

1. What happens in objective reality?
  2. By contrast, what happens in subjective reality?

Can you stand with one foot on a mountain top while the other foot plunges into the depths of an ocean?

Not me, though I’ve tried. As it were.

How about you?

Being human does come with certain limitations, unfortunately. Certain either-or’s.

Including the need to distinguish what happens in objective reality compared to what is real enough… except only in your head….

Objective-Subjective Clarity Makes Life Better

Tempting though it may be to lie to ourselves sometimes, we can’t have it both ways.

• Subjective reality doesn’t become objective fact.
  • Noticing what happens in objective reality doesn’t mean everything. We don’t necessarily understand what makes somebody tick.

What else? Having clarity about a subjective experience is overrated. This won’t magically change objective reality.

Again, I’ve tried that one. Haven’t you? Oh well.

Of Course, We Seek Clarity

Many of us have learned the hard way, a vague embracing of “whatever” won’t make life better.

“I believe. I really, really believe” won’t make us rich.

“I’m energy sensitive” won’t necessarily make us effective in life. (Or even make us effective at reading auras, not until we gain decent skills of energetic literacy.)

I’ll be blunt. The kind of writing or speech designed to improve how we self-actualizing people can get outside our subjective smartie-heads and become effective in this world:

Lack of clarity, lack of honesty, lack of willingness to admit the truth — won’t help us one bit.

Clarity Requires a Choice

To live with clarity doesn’t mean, “Now I have had one whopper insight. So I can let that carry me through life.”

Clarity is a choice that every one of us can make, repeatedly, all day long. Actually, this can be fun. Clarity means naming things right.

• In this situation, am I standing in objective reality?
  • Or am I swimming in the delicious waters of subjective reality?
  • Choose one. Not both.

In that way, we can give ourselves the gift of simple clarity. In theory, all that takes is admitting to ourselves which is which, objective or subjective.

But in practice,? Not so easy.

Let this Enlightenment Coach will give you a few ideas that may help. Plus a bit, just a bit, of perspective from “THE NEW STRONG.”

Clarity about Objective Reality

What is objective reality? It means what happens that would show in a YouTube. Plus facts and figures, statistics.

In everyday life, objective reality means what people say and do, and what happens to physical objects.

As explained in my new book about how to thrive in The Age of Awakening, objective reality matters a great deal if you are human. Energetically, objective reality happens only at human vibrational frequencies.

Clarity about Subjective Reality

What is subjective reality? It means what how you feel and what you think about what happens in objective reality.

Although real. (And important.) Feelings are not facts.

In everyday life, though, subjective reality is often confused with what’s true in objective reality.

Subjective opinions do not make an appropriate substitute for the truth about what happens in objective reality.

In terms of “THE NEW STRONG,” subjective reality comes in three different flavors: Human vibrational frequencies, astral vibrational frequencies, and the Divine vibrational frequency.

This how-to book presents a Program for Easy Vibrational Balance that helps to bring clarity around objective life, in contrast to subjective experiences. In other words, skills for more clarity can be learned, and I’d love to teach you some.

Clarity about Clarity

Of course, smart people aim for clarity about objective life and subjective life. But smarts alone won’t bring that clarity.

Not for humans on this planet, anyway.

Unless you’re built like Mr. Potato Head, there’s more to you than one huge brain propped up by some cartoonish body parts.

What does energetic literacy tell us? Being human means that you have hundreds of chakra databanks. Each one matters.

In fact, if you cross the threshold into Enlightenment, all of your chakra databanks will be working properly. So you’re using the gifts that God gave you.

What Does Your Aura Show Now about Objective-Subjective Clarity?

When subconscious STUFF in your aura is a problem, the drive for mental clarity can be overwhelming.

When I facilitate sessions of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES), what do new clients ask for most often? Clarity.

As in, “Tell me who I am. Tell me what to do with my life. Tell me the meaning of life.”

Good questions all. And maybe it’s the work of a lifetime, answering those questions for yourself. And maybe those true answers change over time.

My motto: Gotta love Earth School! 😉

Clarity Doesn’t Fix Your Aura, Though

A reading is not a healing. That’s why RES includes sessions of energy HEALING as well as energy READING.

With less STUFF junking up the subconscious mind, it’s a whole lot easier to gain conscious clarity.

And as that dawns, guess what?

Spontaneously you will find that it’s so much easier to tell apart objective reality and subjective reality. Effortless clarity!

What Else Can Help with Objective-Subjective Clarity?

In everyday life, don’t aim for clarity. Strive for effectiveness instead.

Because of which of these is about objective reality? Versus the one that is sweet but subjective.

Clarity? Effectiveness!

At a time of unprecedented vibrational freedom with our awareness, it’s all too easy to get lost in subjective experience. Objective striving helps us to pay attention to human life.

Isabelle says:

I like this blog post very much. Very important nowadays to know the difference between objective reality and subjective reality.

Isabelle says:

This is my favourite part:

‘In everyday life, don’t aim for clarity. Strive for effectiveness instead.

Clarity? Effectiveness!’

Eleanor says:

Mmmm… Ah!!

A very effective way to spark some new clarity for me, Rose. 😉 Thank you!

I had not realized just how similar some of my “seeking clarity” was to that initial drive to “find my purpose” or “find meaning in life”–an intellectual version of the so-called “spiritual” space-out.

Eleanor says:

Just very, very recently, I’ve started waking up much more fully to the ineffectiveness of using my intellect for certain things.

Like using a collander to serve soup! Seems like kinda the right shape, in theory–but totally ineffective for actually holding real soup!!!

Sarah Merchant says:

This is off topic, but I am a 54 year old woman who FINALLY has a name to describe why I am so different!

As soon as I took the Empath test and knew that was me, I had Become The Most Important Person in the Room over nighted to me.

Sarah Merchant says:

I am on Day 20 “Hold a Space Like a Skilled Empath” and find the Space Dial thing very sad and scary!

It has brought me to tears!

Sarah Merchant says:

I’m sad to finally understand how non-empaths FEEL.

I’m scared because I have always gotten by on intuition and the ability to look in someones eyes and instantly KNOW who they were, if I could trust them etc. etc.

Sarah Merchant says:

As I’m typing this I know that my feelings are probably normal.

As an Empath I am sad for and “feeling” all non-paths and scared to leave my comfort zone of always only trusting my instincts.

I realize that that is what this book is all about, teaching me how to use my gifts without getting lost in the process!

Sarah Merchant says:

I guess I just really needed to share my thoughts. I don’t really have a lot of people to understand what I’m going through right now.

Thank you for this book Rose! I’m looking forward to the next 10 days!

Thanks for writing, courageous SARAH.

Empath Empowerment® skills are totally on topic. They do bring great clarity.

Unskilled empaths live with habitual overwhelm, variations on subjective experience.

Skilled empaths notice objective reality more.

I think you’ll find lots of company here at this blog, including awesome ISABELLE and ELEANOR. (BTW, the style here is for pretty short comments. You can break them up yourself, by keyboarding them in as separate comments. Otherwise I will “aerate” them for you by adding extra space, changing nothing else.)

Some Blog-Buddies are interested in growing as empaths.

Others are interested in other specialties that you will see listed here on the left column. Many of these Blog-Buddies aren’t empaths.

I wouldn’t feel sorry for non-empaths, though I think you beautifully communicated the shock of this part of the “30-Day Plan for Empath Empowerment®” in “Become The Most Important Person in the Room.”

Yes, hello! We empaths are different. (Whichever empath gifts we happen to have.) We empaths are different from non-empaths. Only 1 in 20 people was born as an empath. So it could be pretty useful to stop assuming that 19 out of 20 people is “Just like me.”

Earth School includes many magnificent games for those who get to be human. Each of us plays some of them. Nobody can play them all, you know? 🙂

Eleanor says:

Congratulations, Sarah!! And welcome. 🙂

Yes, Rose I do agree with your comment #10 about how first developing empath skills can relate to this objective/subjective distinction.

Eleanor says:

I know for me, as I gained skills as an empath, I went from that initial shock (and some grief!) at losing what I felt had been a big advantage to me in understanding people, instinctively.

I remember when it first started to dawn on me how valuable the *objective* information–which I had previously been missing entirely and was now paying closer attention to–was!

After all, this was the information the non-empaths around me were paying attention to.

Eleanor says:

It was like learning a new language, at first, this “objective reality” language (haha!!) I mean, for sure I was always capable of basic human tasks like eating, I wasn’t *that* far into subjectivity-land.

But I felt like I had gained superpowers when I learned to turn my empath gifts off and focus on the objective reality. I didn’t lose any of my higher-than-average perceptiveness, but now I was able to perceive the details of what people -said and did- and not just how they felt or other subjective-level stuff.

Eleanor says:

People at work were wowed, telling me how perceptive I suddenly seemed to them–now that my gifts were OFF!

At first, I thought: how ironic! I’m much less perceptive than I was!

But not so. I had simply changed the -type- of information I paid attention to, from subjective to objective, and consequently my perceptions were far more relevant to my coworkers!

David B says:

Funny, Rose, I’m working on an article about exactly the same thing.

It’s become really clear what an issue this is thanks to your articles and others comments.

David B says:

For me, there was no grief in discovering my empath gifts. But I was shocked by the book as I had had no idea how much of an impact they’d been having on my life.

I’d learned to ineffectively repress the whole thing and try to be invisible, as the title alludes to. Not just ineffective but it conflicts with social needs.

Kira says:

I like this post, and I really like the comments!

It’s always been a little hard to enthuse about gaining empath skills because I’ve been partially skilled for a long time, so becoming more fully skilled wasn’t the huge change for me that it has been for others. It’s always nice to be reminded how different it really is.

About that Comment #17, aw, thanks, DAVID B.

I look forward to reading your article.

Blog-Buddy IRENE inspired the one today. I was formatting her latest guest post and felt that some definitions were needed; she knows so much about RES that other readers here don’t necessarily know.

Aiming to post IRENE’s creation tomorrow!

Sarah Merchant says:

Thank you Eleanor and Rose! Seeing my comments broken up makes me realize they DO relate to the “objective-subjective” topic.

As the day is going on and I am working on my “Space Dial Settings” I don’t have the same sad/scared feelings. I do know one thing for sure, I will never be the same and that isn’t a bad thing 🙂

So glad I found this blog and your book, Rose!

Sandra says:

Welcome, Sarah!

I found Rose looking for help as an unskilled empath. Didn’t have those words at the time.

You’ve come to the right place, and your book selection is excellent.

Sandra says:

Strive for effectiveness–yes!

Thanks,for the helpful pistol, Rose.

Kristine says:

Yay to effectiveness!!! For people who are empaths and haven’t yet learned how to be skilled empaths, I’d say Rose’s method will make a big difference with being more effective in life. And if you’re already effective, it can add some oomph!

Getting lost in the subjective experience of others really can feel so worthwhile, but can produce some pretty horrible consequences over time.

Irene says:

I giggled at this part:

“Unless you’re built like Mr. Potato Head, there’s more to you than one huge brain propped up by some cartoonish body parts.”

Much as I’ve tried to live just from intellect, those pesky emotions and body sensations and spiritual longings just kept getting in the way 😉

Irene says:

Clarity doesn’t really happen unless and until I’m also integrating and living with more than just intellect. It’s kind of like happiness – pursuing happiness only kinda works. I’m much more likely to find happiness and clarity along the way if I’m more interested in just living more effectively.

Eleanor, I *love* your soup-serving colander analogy in #4!!

Irene says:

Sarah Merchant, welcome 🙂

It is an adjustment getting used to life without empath skills on all the time. I have found that my life works much, much better and I have *more* clarity and discernment in my relationships than I had before. Being able to notice objective reality, and being able to tell what was me and what was someone else makes a huge, huge difference.

Eleanor’s comments #14-16 expresses it really well.

Irene says:

And Kristine, #24, so true. It can feel really worthwhile and like you know a lot about the person because you’ve experienced their subjective experience.

For me, this is where the objective reality distinction really clicks in. I’ve found that I *didn’t* know nearly as much about that other person as I thought I did.

Irene says:

Once I started actually asking them questions and observing their actions in objective reality, it became clear that I interpreted their subjective experience in the light of my subjective experience.

While I did know some things about them, it was not the insightful clarity that I thought it was.

Irene says:

It is much more effective for me (and I have much more clarity, too) if I stay with empath skills off and in objective reality (except for using good techniques for deeper perception in Technique Time).

Eleanor says:

Ohhhhh, WOW, Irene!

Your comments here, and your guest post… My head is spinning (in a good way!). And I thought I understood these things pretty well before! 😉 Always room for more clarity, it would seem.

Eleanor says:

Especially your #29– “I intepreted their subjective experience in light of my subjective experience”.

I didn’t fully appreciate how important this was. I know Blog-Buddy DAVID B has sometimes spoken about the way increased consciousness affects how we relate to our own memories (I wish I could find those comments!). To me, this seems related.

Eleanor says:

It’s a bit like anthropomorphism… Except both are human 🙂 just different “versions” of human.

A skilled empath merge, seems to me, brings clarity around what it might be like for the one doing the merge… To experience what the other is experiencing. That’s not the same thing as knowing how they would interpret their own experience.

For that, gee… Back to objective reality type solutions: maybe ASK THEM! (Only if it’s any of your business to know, obviously.)

Eleanor says:

Also–glad you liked the soup analogy 😛 😛 I did think of you for some reason!! Haha.

Kristine says:

Ah, Irene your comment 29! Those interpretations! How they got me in trouble. I sometimes laugh out loud at myself when I think about how I tried to solve a problem that wasn’t mine to solve. And how often I would do this.

I’m reminded of lyrics to an old Soul II Soul song…”Back to life, back to reality, back to the here and now yeah!” Yep, back to objective reality. 🙂

I love this post and all the comments. Rose, you are really on a roll lately. So many brilliant posts.

And I wish I had time to respond to every one of these brilliant comments.