Be Yourself! Vital in The Age of Awakening.

Give yourself this gift today: Proudly be yourself.

Give yourself this gift today: Proudly be yourself.

Be yourself. Although that has always been true, stakes are higher now.

In The Age of Awakening, being yourself will protect you as nothing else can.

What do I mean, stakes are higher?

First I’ll share a story, related to a rather shocking session that I facilitated yesterday.

Then I’ll introduce a simple yet practical way to protect yourself.

Something simple. Very relevant to The New Strong. I’d say, also vital to personal growth in The Age of Awakening.

Be Yourself. Needed for Self-Confidence, Right?

When “Joe” began his session of aura healing, his intention was to have more self-confidence.

That wasn’t surprising. You can be yourself and still have STUFF. (STUFF means energies stuck in your aura and subconscious mind. There are many kinds of STUFF. Any one of them could make self-confidence difficult.) And that STUFF can sabotage self-confidence.

Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES) includes many ways to help people solve problems:

• First of all, Energy READING Skills designed to work well in The Age of Awakening
  • Second, Energy HEALING Skills designed to work well in The Age of Awakening
  • Third, Empath Empowerment® Skills designed to work well in The Age of Awakening
  • Fourth, Enlightenment Coaching for The Age of Awakening

For that second one, Energy HEALING, we have a motto: “STUFF can always, always, always be healed.”

STUFF Removal Can Help You Be Yourself

So I thought this would be a routine session with STUFF removal and then PUT IN to wake up Joe’s soul more than ever.

Well, not quite.

While doing a Skilled Empath Merge, I discern which kind of STUFF is the priority for removal. Next I introduce the related “Healing Centerpiece” to my client. Afterwards the rest of the session follows accordingly. And usually what happens is mostly expected, though hardly predictable.

Well, not expected at all. Not this time.

Incidentally, in recounting this story, I have changed details to protect Joe’s identity. Paraphrased our conversation, too.

Be Yourself? Hard with This New STUFF.

Joe was having a problem with a new kind of pull towards extreme spiritual addiction. Something I hadn’t seen before. This was making it hard for Joe to feel like himself. Or trust himself. Or have even his usual degree of self-confidence. (Let alone gain more of it.)

A variation was needed on other skill sets in RES. And thus a new RES skill set was born. For Astral Static.

Facilitating this new Healing Centerpiece went fine.

Joe noticed results right away, too.

New Healing Centerpiece? Okay. What About the Be Yourself?

An RES practitioner  can always translate from energy talk to human-type talk. That’s what we do.

So here come some human-type examples of what shifted for Joe, as a result of that healing.

And yes, I will get to the practical point about what YOU can do to prevent this very problem. To me, the “What to do” requires context. Helping you get the point in a human, visceral sort of way.

After the Healing Centerpiece in his session, Joe noticed three immediate differences:

Be Yourself #1: Joe Felt Like Himself Again.

Not spaced out and vaguely weird. Back to “Me,  Joe.”

Be Yourself #2: Headache Gone

For four days straight, Joe had suffered from an annoying headache.

No, he didn’t tell me about that until the end of the session.

Partly because energy spirituality is not energy medicine. Thus, we don’t address health problems.

Mainly, though, why did Joe told me about that headache towards the end of his session? Because after his Healing Centerpiece, guess what? That headache was gone.

Be Yourself #3: More Comfortable in His Own Skin

After the Healing Centerpiece, I went into more detail about what happened, technically.  Describing this particular kind of STUFF, as it was for Joe, I mentioned that it had an itchy quality.

“Funny you mentioned that,” Joe told me. “For the last four days, I all felt itchy all over. Although not in a way I could scratch.

“Come to think of it, that’s gone too.

“I definitely feel back to normal. There’s more confidence, which I was hoping for.

“But now I see, some of that need for more confidence really was my way of saying that I didn’t feel like myself.

“Being myself. Now that’s back to normal.”

So Now That I’ve Got Your Human-Type Attention, Blog-Buddies

Let’s get practical.

Please don’t start monitoring yourself for headaches or vague itchy feelings.

And definitely don’t start monitoring your energies all day long.

Or frantically trying to “Ground and shield”

There’s an app for that. Kidding. There’s a how-to book for that. A book that helps you “Stop Fixing Yourself And Actually Accelerate Your Personal Growth.”

Actively Be Yourself. Your Human Self.

You see, Blog-Buddies, the Age of Awakening has brought a new vibrational freedom. Certain adjustment problems are common.

What brought on Joe’s problem? Most noteworthy was a certain kind of openness. (Consider yourself warned.)

Due to a pretty wonderful change in his everyday life, Joe’s went through thoughts like this:

“It’s a new beginning for me. I’m open to anything. Who knows what I’ll be like now?”

Before The Age of Awakening, no problem. Kind of sweet, really.

Now? It puts you at risk.

A Practical Note

If I had only written this blog post a week ago, Joe wouldn’t have run into the problem that worsened to the point of itchiness. Since he would have avoided that unnecessary degree of openness that led to space-out, etc.

Prevention is the purpose of today’s blog post.

To be clear: If you do wind up feeling a bit weird, you might wish to schedule a session with an RES expert. The sooner you have that appointment the better. Because we do have skills that go beyond the prevention that I am able to share with you here in this article.

That RES-techie part includes a new Aura Healing Skill of RES that I’m emailing to all my RES posse this very day.

I just love that RES includes a growing set of skills. That they are co-created with Divine help. Fortunately  that help is always, always available to us — skills that support our self-authority.

And speaking of self-authority and skills, what can you do right now? Less what? More what? To help you simply be yourself!

Whatever the Milestone, Be Yourself. Insist on It.

What if, like Joe, you have a milestone in your life? A marriage. Or a divorce. Maybe new home. Possibly a new gender orientation. Could be new lover. Amazingly, a new child?

Of course, you’re going to change.

But here’s the nuance: You’re still in control of your mind. Despite any changes, you’re still yourself.

So avoid any unnecessary whatever-ness. Like, “It’s all new now. I’ll go with the flow.”

Trust me, that much flow you don’t need. You can grow and change super-quick — and nevertheless insist upon being yourself.

Whether lifestyle changes are good or bad, don’t make them into an excuse to space out.

How about that sweet old platitude from the New Age Years? “Whatever, it’s all good.”

Practices from those New Age Years helped a lot — from 1980-12/21/12. Only now we’re in The Age of Awakening.  Different rules now, right?

Demand to Be Yourself. Feel Like Yourself.

Here are a few more examples of my simple advice to you: Be yourself.

• If a life coach or psychotherapist tells you to become a new you… Question that.
  • What if you’re at a workshop and you’re told to let the energy of the group carry you into spiritual awakening?  You’d better hope to God that workshop facilitator is very, very skilled. With the equivalent of strong energetic literacy and also skills to prevent or heal problems that come up.
  • Could you have been defining personal growth as, “I won’t be the old me any more”… Just say “No.”
  • Suppose you like relaxing with a glass of wine, a beer, or a kava. Perhaps this has helped you feel mellow in a very pleasant way, forgetting your usual problems… Or this has been the way you always socialize. Please reconsider. (I’ve already got a blog post coming on that one. Preview: Even moderate social drinking can be energetically risky in The Age of Awakening. Sorry. Unless this were important now, do you think I’d mention it?)
  • If an advisor or psychic encourages you to “Let the beautiful spirits guide you“… You might choose to run, not walk. Run in the opposite direction from that advisor or psychic.

By definition, authentic personal development will take you to the unknown.

Personal growth is wonderful. Just bring yourself along. And not as an afterthought. You can travel to the unknown as yourself.

You’re An Eternal Soul. Just About Always Able to Feel Like Yourself.

Yesterday I facilitated Soul Energy Awakening Hypnosis for a client, Gladys. She released major frozen blocks from a lifetime during the Stone Age.

Even then, she still felt like herself. THE. STONE. AGE.

Yes, this is true whenever a client experiences a past life in one of these sessions. He or she still feels like “Myself.”

Every incarnation, every identity that you wear as a soul, feels like yourself. That matters. It’s precious for evolution.

In The Age of Awakening, many of us have the privilege of a virtual reincarnation. Even this way, you will feel like yourself.

So insist on that. Be yourself. It’s good for you. 🙂

Brianne says:

Thanks for this post, Rose.

It’s one (of many) things that I love about RES – it’s so important here to be myself. My self-authority and individuality matters. And I can learn effective skills to live in the world now. It’s a wonderful combination. 🙂

Isabella Cates says:

Relieved you are finally going to talk about social drinking. Totally agree with you on that.

David B says:

Interesting Rose, especially about social drinking.

There are some subtle distinctions in here. Like going with the flow as yourself vs fighting life or losing yourself.

You’re going down a river in a boat. You want to work with the current but you don’t want to drift. So you steer and you row.

Jnana says:

Faulty cognitions can get in the way of being oneself.

Donald Clark says:

This is a good post, Rose. I’m interested in what you view as being yourself. I’ll be on standby to hear more about social drinking and its energetic impact.

DONALD, great question. A huge question for all humanity, “What does it mean, being yourself?”

For our practical purposes, the answer can be simple enough.

You are you. Accept, in theory, that it’s okay for you to have your own thoughts and feelings, to do things your way, to use the skills and knowledge you have learned so far.

You can keep learning and still be yourself.

You can develop new habits, that you choose, and still be yourself.

Being yourself doesn’t make you perfect necessarily. But it’s your reasonable best.

Reasonable best is good enough.

Because no human being can be perfect as if we were Divine Beings.

For instance, do you think that Jesus needs to shampoo his hair regularly, or he might even get dandruff? He’s an ASCENDED master.

For humans like you and me, DONALD, being yourself includes having whatever hair you’ve got. On a good hair day. A bad hair day. Whatever.

Even if your hair has thinned to the point where you wear a wig (sigh), you choose the wig. You fasten it onto your head.

“Perfect or not,” it’s still being yourself. Very human!

What doesn’t count as being yourself?

* Outsourcing to some spirit.

* Putting energies in charge of your life.

* Teaming up with astral beings to live your life.

* Giving up by getting drunk or stoned.

* Putting off something that needs to be done by deciding, “I’ll think about it tomorrow.” And that tomorrow never comes.

None of this helps a person to live in a whole manner, “Being yourself.”

Doing more than 20 minutes a day of Technique Time also detracts from being yourself.

Because Technique Time is all about IMPROVING yourself, right?

If this idea doesn’t quite make sense to any of you readers, might I recommend that you get yourself a copy of “The New Strong.” This how-to book is all about being yourself effectively in The Age of Awakening.

One more response to your excellent question, DONALD.

Here is the start of the mess that JOE used to have going on:

“I open up completely to whatever I need to become in order to move forward on my path.”

A deep surrender of your whole life to the Divine is beautiful.

But this attitude in his daily life is what got JOE into trouble. Back in The Age of Faith, it worked fine. But not now, in The Age of Awakening.

Make sense?

David B says:

It’s worth mentioning that childhood development involves discovering who I am, as distinct from mother, then of sibs and others.

Who I am is discovered growing up. Being yourself means not trying to be something you’re not.

Much easier if you’re happy with who you are.

Donald says:

Wow, Rose! I have a thorough understanding of what being yourself means now – or being myself, rather.

What really helped was your explanation of what not being yourself means. Powerful information.

I plan to get a copy of “The New Strong.” Thank you for your thoughtful response to my wonderment. I might have to visit one of your workshops soon. All smiles…

Eleanor says:

Thanks so much for sharing all of this, Rose!

Wow, especially the clarifications about what it means to “be yourself”. I see a common theme of CHOICE!

Eleanor says:

Whatever I choose is what I choose.

I don’t get to “choose” things which aren’t really within my control, but it’s also unwise to act as if I don’t *have* a choice about something where I really DO have a choice!

Eleanor says:

(Even if that something is a big deal something, like you mention marriage and divorce. Well, YEAH those are choices!! Usually, anyway!)

Eleanor says:

Celebrate the CHOICE to get married, or whatever.

Eleanor says:

Haha, it would appear I am quite passionate about this subject! 😀

Emily says:

Thanks Rose for this great reminder to be ourselves. Also looking forward to the post on social drinking. Especially since I recently decided to stop drinking alcohol completely.

Kira says:

Being myself was something I was very stubborn about growing up. It bothered me to be teased about things I liked, but I wasn’t going to give those up. I didn’t want to change to fit in; I wanted them to just accept who I was.

I guess it was good practice for now!

Leo says:

“Just because something is a really, really, REALLY good choice, maybe even with Divine blessing supporting it, it is a CHOICE and not a meant-to-be, and not wise to mix up some vague notion of surrender in that.”

Nice, Eleanor!

Kristine says:

Wow, this is a post to bookmark.

Jane says:

This is the second time one of your blog posts has got me singing a classic Morcheeba track.

Yeah, Be Yourself – for sure. Tho – I gotta admit, when I’m walking on a tight-rope or juggling sharp objects – its a different version of myself that can be seen. When the situation requires – I am still a chameleon. It doesn’t make me a fraud. It IS part of who I am.

Kira says:

I like comment #25, Jane. As a performer, I resemble that remark. 🙂

Julie says:

“To thine own self be true” – still such vital advice.

Worth a gentle recommit to being human, even when it is difficult.

To being myself, also when it is difficult.

Kristine says:

Julie, your comment just gave me new understanding of “to thine own self be true.” “To being myself, also when it is difficult.” Honoring my own truth even when it’s not popular, understood, or welcomed.

Eleanor says:

Kristine, <3 to your comment #28!

Since my last comments, I’ve come to see the other side of “be yourself”; related to making choices. Just because something is a really, really, really good choice doesn’t mean it is necessarily going to be FUN or EASY or even PLEASANT!

Eleanor says:

And part of taking responsibility for being oneself and making the tough choices is about facing the consequences.

Just because you’ve deemed something to be “the best choice”doesn’t excuse you from facing the human-level consequences of that choice! 🙂

Kristine says:

Yes, Eleanor – Taking responsibility and facing human-level consequences! This reminds me of the series of blog posts started from this one:

Brianne says:

You bring up a great point in #29-30, Eleanor. It echoes what I experience.

When I make the choice that is most in keeping with what my soul wants, things end up being more the way I want them to be. But that does not mean it will be all easy-peasy, fun and games along the way.

Usually those choices mean growth and that is sometimes uncomfortable, even though it is *exactly* what I want. 🙂

Kristine says:

I agree Brianne! I have to remind myself at times that I signed up for this, whatever “this” is. Until I choose to do something different.

Eleanor says:

Yes! Thanks for that link, Kristine. That’s exactly what I have been thinking.

Like you said, too, Brianne. Just because we decide that we don’t wish to pay the price of (say) long, drawn out discomfort and instead plan to take action NOW! … doesn’t mean there won’t be a different price to pay. Right now! 😀

Somewhat like purchasing a higher quality, more expensive item in favor of a cheap one which will need to be replaced next year (or next week!).

Julie says:

Thanks, Kristine. And great comments, all.

Eleanor, I have certainly been guilty of that last sentence – going for the short term fix rather than the bigger overhaul that would serve me better in the long run.

Much like trying to tape your car together with duct tape, rather than getting it fixed.

© 2017 Rose Rosetree. All Rights Reserved.