Honoring the Late, So-Magnificent, Kira Heston

In memory of Kira Heston, loved by so many of us

In memory of Kira Heston, loved by so many of us

Many of you regular readers know quirky, smart, brave, beautiful KIRA.

KIRA HESTON has lit up my blog with hundreds of comments.

Some of you may know that she has been doing her very best to move through cancer. Now those struggles are over.

KIRA, may God continue to bless your so-brilliant soul. Sweet. Incomparable.

I will miss you in this form. So many of us got to know you and love you. And know that I will continue to love you, think about you, be grateful to have known you, Dear KIRA.

Ice cold tears.

I’m so sorry to hear it. Thanks for this post Rose. Although I never met her, I felt like I knew her from her many wonderful comments.

Isabelle says:

Dearest beautiful KIRA,

I never met you in person but always felt strong warmth for you…you were so inspiring, interesting, brave, encouraging and fun. One-of-a-kind.

May you be dancing and singing, like in…Xanadu <3

All my love.

Dana K. says:

What a surprise, Rose. I know she’s been sick, but by reading her blog comments she seemed quite vibrant. Without ever having met her, I can remember her as a Monty Python fan, super creative choir member, plus volunteer science fiction convention coordinator. Knowing all of that without having ever physically met her! I will definitely miss her at the blog but trust she has followed a path that is best. Compared to others here I know very little about the big picture of things, but I do know that somehow if we’ve found ourselves to RES and this blog, I personally consider that a bit of grace; so along with all that creativity and spunk, she definitely had grace, too.

Jnana says:

Very shocked to learn of this. Will miss her comments greatly.

Dana K. says:

What a surprise, Rose.

Dana K. says:

Knowing all of that without having ever physically met her!

Dana K. says:

Brianne says:

Such a vibrant, adventurous, welcoming person here in the community. I’m grateful to have known her. I will miss her.

Amanda says:

Oh, this is unexpected and sad news. I had no idea she was so ill.

I’ll miss her contributions and am sad to think we won’t get the fun of celebrating her recovery.

I am sure she’s chosen another kind of fun elsewhere: go well, Kira!

Amanda

Aww, Kira, I never got to meet you irl. Looks like you beat cancer in your own way. ?

Emily T says:

Really sad to hear the news.

I never got to meet Kira but I always really enjoyed her comments. Lovely tribute to her Rose.

Grace T says:

I am so sorry to hear this. I never met Kira, but I will greatly miss her bright personality, unique perspective, and generous comments here.

Sandra says:

Her kindness, her insight, and her unique perspective will be missed.

Lilian says:

This new has taken me by surprise as, through her comments, you can see how constructively she was dealing with her illness.

I know that she made sure she spent time doing things she loved, which is admirable considering how draining cancer treatment is.

Lilian says:

*news

I liked her comment on a recent blog post. These comments were so good I didn’t really want to add anything myself… It demonstrated how Kira was really living was Rose is trying to teach: that the true path to spiritual growth is to embrace your human life.

Lilian says:

My consolidations to you, Rose.

An Avid Reader says:

So sorry to hear this news.

I am sad to hear this. I always enjoyed her writing here.

Kristine says:

After meeting Kira and seeing her colorful expression and now reading this news, it really helps me better understand ways to live.

Understanding like “how to express yourself in ways that are unique to who you are” and “how to do what you can while you can.” Thank you for being you and leaving your words here with us to reflect back on.

Primmie says:

I’m so sorry to hear this Rose and so sorry for your grief. I loved Kira’s insightful comments here. It is a beautiful picture of her.

Jean says:

Thank you Kira – for being Kira.

Blessings to you, Rose.

Julie says:

I’m sorry to hear the news. I will miss her comments. I liked her spirit of adventure and willingness to engage.

Isabella Cates says:

We’ll miss you here, Kira.

David B says:

Wow – I had no idea her challenge was this great. Thanks for sharing Rose.

And thanks all of you for reminding me of some of what she shared. We had some great back and forths. She even visited my blog.

David B says:

Looks like her last comment was a couple of weeks ago on the Hugh Jackman post. (per search)

Will miss her. Xanadu. 🙂

Bev says:

I did have the wonderful privilege of meeting you Kira, at my very first RES workshop.

You, with your wonderful purple hair, which I thought was your own just dyed to match your free, playful spirit.

Bev says:

There and reading your blog comments, you appeared to LIVE the most of each moment with an infectious zest.

I thank you for being such a bright shiny example of how we should LIVE the most of our precious time here in community.

Bev says:

I see you singing and dancing still to your own magnificent songs of life.

But I send love to all of us who will miss your earthly presence.