Your Memo from The Age of Awakening: Avoid Drinking Alcohol

Drinking wine in the Age of Awakening? You might wish to avoid that.

Drinking wine in the Age of Awakening? You might wish to avoid that.

Wine, beer, cocktails — signs of the good life? Maybe no longer. In this controversial article, I’ll invite you to… gulp… Avoid drinking alcohol. Even if previously you’ve been fine with social drinking.

What don’t you know could hurt you.

Hints:

What has changed isn’t you.

Nor is it about the wine itself. That lip-smackin’ goodness of Jasper Hill Emily’s Paddock Shiraz — probably it’s just as good now as if it had been bottled a decade ago. Totally worth that $125 per bottle. Tastewise.

No, the reason to avoid drinking alcohol now isn’t the who or the what about drinking. It’s the when.

Ever notice? You’re living in The Age of Awakening. Therefore, wine (and all other alcoholic beverages) can impact you differently.

Feeling Bad: Reason #1 to Avoid Drinking Alcohol

“Every time I feel f—-d up, it’s because I’ve had a drink the night before.”

JOEY is hardly my only client to have told me that.

For example, here’s Comment #3 at a recent post, where EMILY T. wrote:

I had a work event in Friday, where we left early to go to the pub to meet other teams and socialise within our particular work community.

Despite me only having two (non-alcoholic) colas I noticed that two hours at the pub was a bad idea for me as the background noise of astral static ramped way up (even when I went back to the office afterwards).

While BRIANNE wrote in Comment #13:

[I] have never enjoyed alcohol very much. Since 2012, I noticed it getting so awful and icky so instantly that I stopped any drinking at all.

Why have JOEY, EMILY, BRIANNE and others begun to avoid drinking alcohol now? Independently they arrived at that choice, right? How come?

Let’s keep exploring.

Age of Awakening: Reason #2 to Avoid Drinking Alcohol

In The Age of Awakening, alcohol affects people differently than before. Drinking isn’t the same game.

Has this been your experience?

Before 12/21/12, drinking alcohol made you pleasantly high.

Sociability increased. Maybe not quite to the degree of life as pictured in certain beer commercials.

And you enjoyed that sweet little buzz.

Isn’t drinking liquor in any form supposed to make your life better? At least, so long as you’re not a problem drinker…

Except that, since the Age of Awakening started, the drinking game has changed.

Wondering “What Is The Age of Awakening?” Read this article immediately, and you’ll start to be in the know.

What about The Age of Awakening is most relevant to our question about alcohol consumption?

Just our new vibrational freedom.

Our New Vibrational WHAT?: Reason #3 to Avoid Drinking Alcohol

As described in my new book “The New Strong,” life on earth has always had three different types of vibrational frequency:

1. Human
  2. Astral (a.k.a. Psychic)
  3. Divine

And a psychic barrier kept those second and third vibrational frequencies far away from everyday human experience.

Used to be, drinking alcoholic beverages would move us past that psychic barrier… and into astral vibrational frequencies.

This shift to awareness was unusual. Seemed like a welcome change!

What’s So Appealing, Really, about Alcohol?

It makes us high. Vibrationally high.

You see, by definition, astral frequencies are vibrationally higher than human frequencies.

When slightly sloshed or severely tipsy, our vibrational positioning changes. Away from human and into astral. Consequently, we feel “high.”

What also can impact your vibrational positioning these days?

Remember just reading how, in The Age of Awakening, the psychic barrier disappeared completely? It’s all too easy to move into astral vibrational frequencies.

No cocktails needed, either.

But positioning awareness away from human vibrational frequencies causes human problems. Galore!

Already, without an ounce of alcohol, we’re now susceptible to moving in consciousness. Travelling far away from human vibrational frequencies,

Even one lovely glass of wine, drunk now, could make it easier to move into the astral… and then park there for a while… and later find it harder to come back to normal.

Vibrationally, “Normal” means this: Awareness positioned in regular human vibrational frequencies.

Energy Sensitivity: Reason #4 to Avoid Drinking Alcohol

What else has changed when this planet arrived at The Age of Awakening? Energy sensitivity became available to everyone.

Thus, we could tell more clearly when our awareness hadn’t come back to normal.

Even those who don’t have energetic literacy are sensitive now to the feeling (straight from astral-subconscious vibrational frequencies): “Something doesn’t feel right.”

The day after your night out, how weird does it feel to still feel parked in the astral? Not quite right?

That’s for sure!

Note: I’m Not Talking Hangovers

A little social drinking won’t exactly give you a hangover.

BTW, here’s The Rose Rosetree Definition of hangover: When you’ve done significant drinking. The next day, your body screams back at you, “Gimme back those brain cells. 😉

However, have you noticed? Something else is happening now, with drinking alcohol. Something vibrational. About your consciousness.

Unless you avoid alcohol, how do you feel the next day?

In a subtle way, you’re not quite right. Your consciousness doesn’t work quite right.

How can you tell? Because you are energy sensitive!

So Avoid Drinking Alcohol Now

At Least, If You Value Your Personal Growth

Mucking up your consciousness doesn’t help anyone to gain psychological self-actualization. Or Enlightenment.

So hear this word to the wise. Avoid drinking alcohol now, in The Age of Awakening. Today’s post wasn’t prohibition but admonition.

A follow-up post will share some aura reading research on drinking alcohol.

Shocking research, actually. But for now…

Your Turn to Share

And I don’t mean passing around the bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. 😉

Do you still participate in social drinking? Have you begun to avoid drinking alcohol altogether? Why?

Any of you Blog-Buddies drink a LOT? And you just can’t function otherwise?

Remember, our comments below can be anonymous. Just let me know in the first line what you’d like me to call you. (Anything but “Sommelier” would work fine.)

Adam McIntosh says:

Thanks for this, Rose.

Given what we now know about the Age of Awakening, this seems like a logical and inevitable conclusion to reach.

Binge drinking & alcohol abuse is so incredibly rampant, woven strongly into so many cultures around the world. I know it’s a firmly embedded problem here in Australia.

Alcohol seems like it would have to be significantly contributing to the adjustment problems people are having since the shift.

Adam McIntosh says:

I had to stop drinking back in 2008.

I always had violent hangovers from even moderate alcohol consumption. However it got to the point where I couldn’t even have a single beer without becoming immediately, violently and protractedly ill.

In retrospect I am happy that my body decided to aggressively disallow any and all psychoactive substances! But it was a painful lifestyle change at the time.

Grace T says:

I enjoyed reading this and connecting some dots!

Grace T says:

It is a bold thing to suggest people avoid alcohol, considering it is commonly accepted as harmless as long as one drinks responsibly.

Even at my workplace, amongst the sweetest and most tame ladies, drinking is commonly featured in jokes (“I could sure use a glass of wine or 3 after the day I had!”).

Grace T says:

It is good to know that when something becomes a bad idea for our growth, we will know about it from an energetic perspective here. I am looking forward to the aura research.

Grace T says:

I stopped drinking a couple years ago. I noticed prior to that that alcohol had started making me feel pretty bad. “Mucking up your consciousness” is exactly how it feels.

I can identify with Joey’s, Brianne’s and Emily’s comments quoted in the post under Reason #1.

Lilian says:

This coins the idea of getting “parked” in the astral.

That certainly described how I felt after experimenting with mediumship a few years back…

It’s easy to get high, but you don’t feel like yourself for love nor money…

Oh gosh, yes!!

I can relate to so much of what has been said here. I stopped drinking regularly after my first session with Rose. (Well, a few days before, actually. ;))

Eleanor Thomas says:

I went from drinking every day, at least one drink, and several if with friends to…

Having one half-drink every… six weeks? And every time I did, I felt HORRIBLE, similar to what others have described here.

I can count on one hand the total number of drinks I’ve had since that first session. And I stopped altogether after about six months.

I just said “to heck with this! It’s not working for me anymore!!”

Eleanor Thomas says:

Interestingly, I’ve noticed more conversation lately among my non-RES friends and acquaintances about drinking. More and more people are starting to question: “why do I even do this? It feels terrible, I know people with serious addiction problems, etc. I just do it out of habit!”

Many of them still keep *doing* it, out of habit, but at least they are waking up to the idea that it might not be totally harmless as once thought.

Eleanor Thomas says:

Whenever I catch one of these conversations, I try to add this perspective of “mucking up your consciousness”. It resonates for people, even if they don’t use those words typically.

Thanks for this post, Rose!!

Lilian says:

Thanks Rose, would be interesting to read your notes on the aura reading.

We’re off onto this new topic with such wonderful comments.

Consider, Blog-Buddies, The Age of Awakening is real. The new vibrational freedom invites us to much better lives. We gain beautiful support of nature.

But what if we resist? What if we ignore that vibrationally life on earth is different now?

New problems will assail us. Instead of “The New Strong,” new problems!

Some of them… maybe even leading to tragedy.

ELEANOR, your Comment #11 is encouraging for all of us. As appropriate, while speaking to your friends you too might find some way to speak up.

One follow-up you might do is to invite friends to check out whatever blog post is relevant.

For the more thoughtful friends, especially those who actually buy and read books — rather than settling for whatever random free content will fit on their mobile phones 😉

The New Strong” explains a lot. It’s a great introduction to RES, too.

Of course, something else you might do these days as well…

Invite your friends to enter our Diversity Face Reading Contest.

Entries are accepted through October 15.

In fact, at the Spiritually Sparkling Workshop last weekend, we spent part of a break having a Face Reading Party.

It was recorded to become a YouTube. (I’ll let you know when it’s posted online, of course.)

Anyway, it really was fun. Towards the end one of the participants said this…

What a comment in the context of this thread!

GLADYS told others in the laughing, happy group something like this, “I’ve stopped drinking alcohol six months ago. This is the first party I’ve been to where alcohol wasn’t served.”

Christine says:

I had a sip of beer last week while out to dinner with my boyfriend. Guess I’ll stop doing that now.

So is showing this and the other Age of Awakening a good way to persuade him to stop having a beer when we go out?

What if we are talking to people who are not into anything New Agey, energy spirituality related?

CHRISTINE, you’ve given an excellent question here.

What ideas do you Blog-Buddies have?

In case you’re wondering…

You know, folks, I welcome ideas for this sort of question. This is different from asking for tips at Empath Empowerment(R) or cutting cords of attachment or aura reading, etc.

CHRISTINE asked a practical human question, not how to do technical skills that are taught in a distinctive way.

Good question, Christine!

I had thought to mention showing people this blog post in my last set of comments, and Rose did, which is great!

But, you know, some of the people in my life just wouldn’t respond well to some of the rest of the language here. (Spirituality, Enlightenment, etc.) And some of these people aren’t people with whom I’m comfortable taking such big risks just yet. Coworkers, etc.

If they find it on their own, fine, but I choose to be careful how I introduce these topics with them when I’m volunteering my perspective.

Eleanor Thomas says:

Here are some things I’ve been playing with:

“I don’t feel all that comfortable being around someone who has been drinking anymore.”

Making it about me, my preference, rather than trying to forcibly change their mind.

Acknowledging that my opinion on the matter has changed.

Eleanor Thomas says:

Also, when asked about why I choose not to drink:

“I don’t like how it makes me feel anymore. I don’t enjoy feeling spaced out, less capable of thinking clearly, and I find I don’t recover as quickly as I used to. Even the next day, sometimes, I am less productive than normal, even after only one drink.”

Eleanor Thomas says:

I describe my human experiences.

Yes, *I* know about the Age of Awakening, the concept of consciousness getting “parked” in the astral, etc.

Eleanor Thomas says:

But what really matters are the human-level effects of all that, so I describe those things to other people.

This has gotten much easier for me with time.

Eleanor Thomas says:

In some ways, it’s like when you’re an expert in any field, or you’ve at least studied it more than others.

You reach conclusions based on your knowledge, and then when you speak with others, you do the best you can to explain those conclusions without the technical details.

Eleanor Thomas says:

A physical therapist might, for instance, explain why some movements are more appropriate for you than others, without going into all of the muscles and ligaments involved.

Eleanor Thomas says:

I’m not sure if that’s a great example–I’m not a physical therapist! ;)–but I do hope it captures the essence.

Emily T says:

Eleanor that is SO helpful. I have one pushy colleague in particular who is all “but everyone feels crap the next day” as if that’s even an argument for drinking!

Emily T says:

I stopped drinking this year after taking the New Strong workshop. I didn’t drink that often before, mainly at birthday parties.

I would get drunk at the parties and the next day at least would be such a slimy trail back to my normal sense of consciousness.

Emily T says:

As I wrote in the quoted comment, just hanging out in the pub not even drinking I can notice the astral gunk.

In fact I went to a normal Italian restaurant recently and didn’t enjoy myself as much as if I’d cooked at home like I did the previous weekend, and my family wasn’t even drinking! Further, this restaurant used to be one of my favourites.

Eleanor Thomas says:

LOL, Emily T, yes exactly!

I have had people respond to me sometimes with, “Oh yes, me too, I keep doing it, though!” I usually laugh and say, “Ok!”

One person insisted that she really LIKES feeling terrible the next day. All right! Sure… hah!

Christine says:

Would cooking with alcohol be fine though?

CHRISTINE, by the time you cook through that wine, the alcohol burns off.

If you rinse your hair with beer, you won’t drink it in through the hair shafts.

I’m just suggesting that you’all experiment with not drinking alcohol… uncooked. And through your mouth!

Sophie says:

Hi Rose 🙂

Would Age of Awakening abstinence from alcohol, weed, and other consciousness altering substances also relate to our pets? In particular catnip for cats.

Mine enjoy having a roll and nibble in the catnip plants, but if it is opening them up to astral gunk then I would remove the plants from the garden.

SOPHIE, how lovely to hear from you. 🙂

You tender-hearted cat Mom. Fear not.

The problems with HUMANS adjusting to The Age of Awakening is not a problem for other animal forms on earth.

Best wishes to you and all those family members whom I’ve met in sessions!

Sophie says:

Thank you Rose for your reassuring answer to my peculiar question. The catnip stays then. 🙂

Best wishes right back at you. We are hoping for America to “go high” in the most human-based spirituality way in the upcoming election. Such an opportunity for auric role modelling on an unprecedented scale!

An Avid Reader says:

Dear Rose,

Those us of who read your blog and value the research and insight you share with us. We are fortunate in that we got the memo! Thank you so much for what you do and all you share on this blog.

Unfortunately, drinking after work is a common way to unwind and socialize. I realize that we can abstain, but what concerns me is that many of us have to work for and with those who spend a lot of time in bars drinking. 🙁

Not to worry, AN AVID READER.

You haven’t been an alcoholic for 30 years, like JOE I wrote about in a couple of later articles here.

Neither have you been doing self-growth practices that sound good but complicate your subconscious functioning with energetic subroutines…

All the while leaving the rest of the STUFF going on as usual. Sigh!

So, no worries. Drink that Perrier and socialize with the best of them, unwinding away. I didn’t mean to frighten any of you.

And thank you so much for what you expressed here. Of course you can find your way in all the current chaos.

Anonymous says:

Dear Rose,

What about allopathic or homeopathic medicines containing alcohol as a preservative – is it safe to take them in the recommended dosage (usually about a teaspoonful or less)?

Or is that already enough to attract astral gunk?

Glad you asked, ANONYMOUS. (And isn’t this your first comment here at the blog? If so, hertzlich willkommen!)

Not to worry. Of course it’s safe to take any medicine that is prescribed to help you function more normally; that is, function in a healthier.y manner.

Anonymous says: