Enlightenment Came After She Said NO to Alcohol

Can you say NO to social drinking? YES, if you aim for Enlightenment.

Can you say NO to alcohol? YES, if you aim for personal growth, even Enlightenment.

In today’s guest post, GLADYS from our RES Enlightenment Life List shares something personal. Read her candid account. Why did she come to say NO to drinking alcohol?

I’m touched that GLADYS was too modest to mention having moved into Enlightenment. But this Enlightenment Coach finds a connection. In what follows, you might notice this interesting sequence:

1. Drinking alcohol to the point of having blackouts.
  2. Graduating to alcohol only for social drinking.
  3. Paying the price for saying YES to that social drinking.
  4. Sessions of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES) — Which always include, in the background my services as an Enlightenment Coach
  5. After The Age of Awakening began, GLADYS said NO completely to drinking alcohol.
  6. Big personal growth.
  7. Reaching Householder Enlightenment.

Saying NO to Alcohol Can Help with Gaining Enlightenment

What else? Before you start reading, you might wish to read yesterday’s blog post. All about saying no to alcohol. And the connection between saying no to liquor and personal growth, even gaining Enlightenment.

Social drinking seems so lovely. But there’s a price to pay. As with so many, things in life, right?

In The Age of Awakening, that price of drinking alcohol is far more than a bit of a hangover.

Saying NO to Alcohol for Reasons that Didn’t Include Enlightement

I stopped drinking completely a few years ago. Before that, I had a long phase where I pretended to be a social drinker

I’d go out and get one drink. So that I could participate with others. I would sip that one drink all night long.

I’d Learned to Say NO to Heavy Drinking

Before pretending to do social drinking, I was a heavy drinker. In college, I used to have blackouts.

After drinking like that, I would walk home alone from bars. (Going through dangerous areas.)

I used to suffer all day long hangovers the next day, but it didn’t dissuade me from doing it again.

Why Did This Former Drinker Decide to Say NO?

From the perspective I have now, in Householder Enlightenment, that old phase of heavy drinking didn’t make much sense. Except that yesterday’s blog post helps me to understand why. Especially this quote:

“Used to be, drinking alcoholic beverages would move us past that psychic barrier… and into astral vibrational frequencies. This shift to awareness was unusual. Seemed like a welcome change!”

Yes, yes it did!

Drinking Alcohol Helped Me Cope with My STUFF

Another factor in my drinking was STUFF.

(As it is called in RES, “STUFF” means stored up energetic garbage in a person’s aura, problems that impact the subconscious mind and also keep a person farther away from Enlightenment. RES helps to remove STUFF permanently. This helps with personal growth, even Enlightenment.)

There was the fact that I had so much STUFF. So many difficulties interacting with other people.

Difficulties that seemed to go away when I drank. Of course the price of a hangover was worth it for me.

Ultimately, Why Did I Stop Even Social Drinking?

Why did I stop? There was a sequence that included doing sessions of RES. The sequence went like this:

• The more healing I did
  • And the clearer my consciousness got
  • The less need I felt for drinking.
  • I no longer needed the alcohol to feel good. To feel free. Or to be comfortable with other people.
  • Also I was no longer willing to suffer the hangovers.
  • Not when the drinking did so little for me.

In the past year I haven’t even wanted to eat a meal in places that also serve alcohol. I just don’t like the way those places feel, energetically.

Gladys says:

I drank heavily in college, as did everyone I knew. At that time, it seemed like practically required behavior.

Gladys says:

I stopped drinking long before my RES days.

Gladys says:

All through my 30s was the “pretending to drink” phase–because all of my coworkers and friends liked to drink.

I would say that as I became involved with RES even social drinking lost it’s appeal.

Gladys says:

The more that I learned about it’s effects on my aura, the less I wanted to even have one drink.

And also, the more clear and sharp I was inside, the less appealing it was to hang out with people who were drinking.

Emily T says:

Gladys I relate to not wanting to even eat in places where drinking is going on. Feels ickier to me now and I don’t enjoy it as much.

Kristine says:

Gladys, thanks for sharing. I’ve seen the “practically required behavior” often, even in professional settings. Especially if you want to make conections outside of work in certain arenas. You go to happy hour and unwind from a crazy day or talk work over a few drinks.

If you don’t drink, you become “questionable” in the eyes of some.

Anonymous says:

Thanks for the series of articles on this topic, Rose & guest posters.

I stopped having drinks several weeks ago and am only now noticing how frequent alcohol consumption truly is in my country.

Anonymous says:

I consciously declined alcohol on at least 15 occasions in less than 2 months – and these were only meal-type settings, not counting evenings out!

There is also considerable pressure for women to drink in the company of men, lest they be labeled “boring” and “uptight”.

Anonymous says:

I’m happy to say that since I’ve stopped drinking, other ladies feel more at ease to choose non-alcoholic beverages themselves when we are out socializing.

It has also helped me to be more productive in general.

Anonymous says:

Rose, have you done any aura research on wines or other beverages that are labeled “non-alcoholic”?

Most of these seem to contain around 0.5 % alcohol by volume. Would these be a safe option?

ANONYMOUS, thank you for your smart and important series of comments here.

Wine and beer count as TROUBLE, now that we’re in the Age of Awakening.

See this blog post for research on drinking booze, ANONYMOUS.

And also the one before it, linked to in the link I’ve just sent.

Useful, I hope, for anyone who has been thinking it’s okay to drink alcohol. (Wine included.) Now that we’re in the Age of Awakening. Either we can grow extra fast or we can get extra stuck. Very personal choice!