Vote. Don't Just Feel.

If you care about your country, VOTE. No "Age of Awakening"-type excuses are acceptable.

Americans, if you care about your country, VOTE. No “Age of Awakening”-type excuses are acceptable.

“I’m not feeling it.” What if people you know don’t plan to vote on Election Day 2016?

Talk to them, please.

Tell them, “Voter turnout is key for this crucial election. Voting all the way down-ballot.”

Or tell them, “Unless you exercise your right to vote, you have no right to complain about anything the government does.”

And maybe also tell them:

“Vote for the best choice you’ve got. Not the perfect choice

“Because effective politicians don’t have to be perfect. Realistically, we can’t expect that. Not unless YOU run for office, of course. ;-)”

Perspective from “The New Strong”

Here’s what not to tell your neighbors and friends who do not feel like exercising their right to vote.

Hello! This is the first presidential election in America since the Shift into The Age of Awakening.

Do you realize that there’s a connection between that and America’s craziest election in modern history?

Millions of good people are struggling to find their vibrational balance. How I wish they would read “The New Strong“! Since this how-to book clearly lays out what is happening, then offers a “Program for Easy Vibrational Balance.”

Most people think, “End of Mayan calendar in 2012. What a load of media hype that was! Afterwards, not a thing changed.”

As if! Something important did change, though not yet reported in outlets more fancy than my little blog. Sadly, relatively few people have any idea yet.

Although many of you Blog-Buddies have been following this part of this blog. You know, the change was vibrational, as “The New Strong” explains systematically. Vibrational change! That’s what happened. Leading to very understandable — and solveable — adjustment problems.

Today’s whiny, no-vote behavior is very much what we can expect. It will last as long as most people are still struggling to adjust to this Age of Awakening.

Struggling or not, we need to wake up and drink the coffee and… vote.

This U.S. Election Could Hinge on How Many Actually Vote

“Likely voters.” Have you heard that expression? It’s needed because so many millions of American voters do not vote.

They could. Only they don’t.

Voter suppression? That’s a serious problem. One more example of backlash against the very notion that Black Lives Matter. Grrrr.

Yet isn’t it equally terrible, all the voter-suppresion that people do to themselves?

How clueless: “I don’t feel like voting this year. Ever since Sanders lost. Sob!”

Or “I’ll write in a candidate.” Somebody with no chance of winning, obviously. But “At least, that way, I’ll express my feelings.”

For that last bizzare way to avoid serious voting, a poster child comes to mind.

John McCain, Poster Child for “I Don’t Wanna Vote.”

Senator John McCain recently told the L.A. Times that he and his wife, “will write in the name of some good conservative Republican who is qualified to be president.”

Well, that ought to show everyone. They’ll use their vote to vent their disgust.

From McCain, a former candidate for U.S. president! Somebody who ought to know the value of a real vote.

What doesn’t count as a real vote? Expressing your outrage. Voting for somebody you feel is “good.”

How Is a Vote Counted?

At the polls there is no Righteous Indignation Calculator.

Emotions are not tallied in the serious business of electing a U.S. president. Random emotions would be even harder to count than hanging chads.

And yes, I do see a connection between Americans who refuse to cast a serious vote and… the fact that all of us are living now, in The Age of Awakening.

Vibrational changes have not been reported in the media yet. Nor are adjustment problems described as such in the media. Not yet.

Yet these vibrational changes that are quite well documented, based on sessions of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES) conducted by me and other RES experts. The gist of these findings, with solutions, is published in “The New Strong.”

Really? Could Vibrational Changes Cause Extra Millions to Not Bother to Vote?

Think about this. This Age of Awakening began on December 21, 2012.

In America’s last Presidential Election, held the November right before that shift, 93 million Americans (40 percent) didn’t bother to vote.

What was occurring, vibrationally? Changes were accelerating fast. Adjustment problems were worsening. Since the Age of Awakening, those adjustment problems have grown much more intense.

I hope I’m wrong about this. But I think you can expect…

An Even Higher Percentage of Americans May Not Vote in 2016

Why? Talk about adjustment problems: Since the vibrational changes of the Age of Awakening have fully arrived:

Guess what? Folks in spiritual shutdown are likely to vote. Because it’s a survivalist consciousness lifestyle.

Whereas folks in spiritual addiction may well find themselves staying home.

Why bother to vote? Maybe they’ll wind up smoking some weed. Or having an extra-long chat with their spirit guides. Or, perhaps, spending more time than usual in meditation or prayer.

“I’m Not Feeling It” Is Soooooo Age of Awakening

So early in the Age of Awakening, anyway.

Because now… what are so many people substituting for reality? Feeling talk and energy talk.

As if becoming energy sensitive would solve the world’s ills!

Please, remind your friends that all the feelings in the world are no substitute for doing the job in objective reality called “Vote Responsibly.”

Voting isn’t about what you feel. It’s about thinking.

Which is why it’s very telling…

Do Media Have Any Influence on How You Vote?

A blog comment this morning really grabbed my attention. My Blog-Buddy CATHY made this comment at a blog post published in 2011: Revolting Media Aftershock from the Earthquake:

“Our media systems need replacing.”

Really? My favorite Post reporter these days is Paul Farhi. An alarming article by this insightful and stylish writer recently described how The press always got booed at Trump rallies. But now the aggression is menacing.

If You Can, Please Talk to Potential Voters You Know

Especially those who “just aren’t excited by the presidential candidates.” Or who have concluded, “It’s like they are both the same.”

Don’t say, “I suspect you’re having a rough time adjusting to The Age of Awakening. How about you get yourself a better grip on reality?” 😉

But do find your way to convey a message about reality.

• Speak up when friends tell you they are relying on their feelings that media are “bad.”
  • What if Facebook friends brag to you that “Lock her up” is an acceptable cheer at an American political rally? Ask for a factual explanation.
  • Dare to question if you’re told that a candidate can’t be voted for because “I don’t get a good feeling about her.”

Invite folks you know to do what I’m planning to do. Watch the Presidential debate this Wednesday. Listen to the actual words being spoken. Then go to a reliable fact-checking resource.

It matters that American voters make up our minds based on what is. Neither random energies. Nor survivalist fears.

Let’s make a responsible choice to improve the reality of America as it is now.

And then do early voting. Or else cast our votes on Tuesday, November 8, 2016.

Isabella Cates says:

Good advice, Rose. I’m glad I’ve never thought it was pointless to vote, or I might be pretty ashamed of myself right now.

It is really just about the most stupid stand you can take, in my opinion.

Isabella Cates says:

While searching for a good aura reading picture of Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, I came across this quote of his:

“Wasting your vote is voting for somebody you don’t believe in.”

Uhhhhh…. No.

ISABELLA, hilarious!

Cathy says:

Lovely perspective Rose, and yes, many people are struggling to find footing right now, with the New Age of Awaking, myself included.

Whether we are in a country that’s getting geared up to vote or not 🙂

Cathy says:

Let me explain my statement about our media, and you don’t have to post this if you don’t want to.

Yes, there are excellent journalists out there who are putting their lives literally on the line, to try and report what is actually happening.

Cathy says:

A prime example is the pipeline protest and everything that has happened with it.

And it is not being backed up by networks. At all.

Not in the US, not in Canada, not in the UK, as far as I can find.

Cathy says:

The journalist reporting, Deia Schlosberg, has been arrested on a variety of charges, and is facing 45 years possible jail time.

And who is covering this loss of freedom of speech?

No one. Crickets.

Cathy says:

I do not believe the national news outlets anywhere are free agents. imho.

So when I say our media systems need changing, I’m talking about the ones who only talk Kardashians and Trump, because this is all we are hearing up here.

This includes our Canadian networks. I think this is going to affect all of us.

CATHY, thank you so much for these thought-provoking comments.

The economic model of news-gathering is really a mess. Funnily enough, I heard part of an insightful interview today on Fresh Air, related to the editorial choices you are flagging.

“Author Tim Wu says that much of the content on the Internet is created by businesses that are on a ‘quest for clicks.'”

David B says:

Saw this today by a woman attempting to present a balanced perspective on the election issues but…

I notice a lot of commentary about Fox News and the the anger and dark perspective on offer. Seems media is contributing to the shadow.

Brianne says:

It’s hard when it feels like the establishment is working against what’s good and beneficial. There definitely are systemic issues that need to be addressed.

But “the media”, like “politicians” or “corporations”, is not some singular entity. Each of these groups is made up of individuals.

Brianne says:

Some of those individuals are not doing well vibrationally.
    Some of those individuals are taking advantage of the system for their own gain.
    Some of those individuals are just putting in time.
    Some of those individuals are doing the best they can despite bucking major trends.
    Some of those individuals are trying their best to be of service.
    Some of those individuals are doing a really good job.

Brianne says:

There are certainly issues that are not getting appropriate attention, but I would suggest that it’s as much a news consumer problem as a news provider problem. We need to show that we are interested in (and will pay for the journalism to report) these issues.

It is easier to simplify it all down to a big group complaint, or a one-click answer to all our questions, but real life is more complex than that. We need to look for the answers ourselves.

Brianne says:

We can advocate for what we want. If a newspaper isn’t covering what we think is important news, we can write to them or post on social media about it. We have a voice if we choose to use it.

Then we can back that up by paying money to support what we want.

Brianne says:

And we make the best decisions we can with the information we can find (and have time and resources to find and understand).

It might not be all the information. It might not be perfect. But we do the best we can do. It is enough.

Brianne says:

There are times in my past when I have not voted, when I felt like it was pointless and there’s “nobody good” anyway. I know better now.

It does matter. My one little vote matters.

Brianne says:

Generally I only agree with at best 60% of the platform of the candidate who gets my vote. But even if there isn’t somebody I fully support, I can still choose the least worst option.

Because there is *always* something that makes one candidate better in my opinion, even if only by a little bit. And that means it’s worth it to me to use my right to vote.

Wonderful comments Brianne. I only read news online and a couple of years ago it occurred to me to wonder if I don’t pay for the journalism I read, who does?

Since then I make contributions. I’m also conscious that what I click on or don’t click on no doubt has an effect on what stories the organizations produce.

I mean, the individuals within the organizations 🙂

Amanda says:

Great points, everyone.

I can understand that for many people not voting is a way to express their dislike for whatever they find unsavoury or hard to deal with.

But I completely agree. It’s more responsible to vote regardless of personal distaste. At the very least you can ignore personalities and vote on policies.

Amanda says:

Our UK referendum was conducted in the context of divisive campaigning, some fairly unpleasant auric modelling, and an underlying brute anger that I have never seen before.

Amanda says:

It was still possible to research the ideas, consider the options available, and make an informed decision – regardless of the many offputting elements of the debate.

Amanda says:

At that level, there were sound arguments on both sides of the question.

I’m glad I did that research partly because it allowed me to get past the emotive aspects of the debate.

By the time of the vote I was ready yo be reconciled to either result.

Amanda says:

I have never been interested by US politics before this election – or only at a headline level. My understanding of the issues is limited as a result.

But I personally very much enjoyed my referendum vote process – just because I did ignore the bombast and headlines, and got stuck in to working out what I genuinely thought was best for my country.

Amanda says:

So I’d add to your post, Rose, that voting is also rewarding, interesting and dare I say it, fun!

Amanda

Amanda says:

From my limited perspective, I would say that there are two issues in this election.

One is the normal issue of left vs right wing views on the direction on the United States.

The other and more unexpected one is what sort of person should be leading the country.

Amanda says:

We have a similar question here in the UK. It’s resulted in some unusual candidates rising to prominence.

It’s longer a given that politicians fit a defined mould.

We have our own Bernie Sanders-style politician who has become leader of the Labour party with huge grass roots support – to the revulsion and despair of his fellow politicians.

Amanda says:

We also have Nigel Farage, who is more along the lines of Donald Trump.

I’m fascinated by the parallels.

Amanda says:

Over here, Farage has sunk out of sight and we are left with a woman in charge.

May I just say that I sincerely hope the parallels continue! 🙂

Amanda

Isabella Cates says:

I think voting is fun too, Amanda. Thrilling!

Brianne says:

Kylie, re #19-20 – I also pay a lot of attention to what I click and like online, and where I spend my money.

There certainly are systemic issues at play, but the small things we do add up to quite a lot!

Brianne says:

I once worked for a company where there were definite systemic issues that I wasn’t in a position to change.

But I could clearly see how my own actions contributed to the problem, and also how the sum of everyone’s individual small actions made it so very much worse.

Brianne says:

If any one person started to call it out and push back, there would have been resistance certainly, but it also would have had a ripple effect. My coworkers and I weren’t invested enough in the success of the company to actually do that.

But when it comes to my country and the institutions in it on which I rely, I care enough to take whatever small actions I can. 🙂

Brianne says:

Amanda, so interesting to hear your practical experience with this in #21-30. What a great idea, using the exercise of diving into the facts as a way to manage the rhetoric and chaos being stirred up on the surface! 😀

Paying attention to what people say and do is such a great way to manage decisions like these.