God Gets What, Exactly?

God gets to give us our gifts in life? Or could our own growth help to give something back to God?

God gets what? To give us our gifts in life? Or could our own spiritual awakening give something back to God? Maybe both.

God gets what, exactly, from this nutty Earth School?  Have you ever wondered?

What a beautiful yet baffling world! A world in which Oxford Dictionaries selected “post-truth” as the new word for 2016. Lately, certain voters not thrilled with Trump or Brexit… might wish for an ice cream scoop or something to pry us out of bed in the morning.

Were you shocked to learn how popular it is now, wishing that God would install a control chip in your brain?

This Enlightenment Coach finds such an approach both puzzling and totally understandable. Just about every religion offers an option akin to “Obedience Training.”

Hey, at certain times, a person might long to drive around in one of the dual control cars used for Driver’s Ed. “Okay, God, would you please take me over right now?”

Hence the popularity of the slogan “God is my GPS.” Personally, I’m still recovering from the sight of those words on a bumper sticker, adorning my neighbor’s car, just a few houses down the block.

While the idea ricocheted around in my mind and heart, I wrote these articles:

Then, today, I received a guest post on this thread by KYLER FORD. Not only is she a professional writer. Among people I know, she’s one of my favorite writers. Which would undoubtedly turn her face a shade of pink verging on rhubarb. But too bad, you KYLER of the squeaky clean heart!

What else can I say by way of introduction? As some of you know… this year KYLER moved into Enlightenment. That doesn’t mean she knows all of life’s answers. She’s just well connected to the Divine, as she humanly asks and asks, listens and listens.

Spiritual awakening happens on the path to Enlightenment and, even more, after someone moves into Householder Enlightenment.

So go, KYLER. Wake us all up more and more!

God Gets WHAT Out Of This System?

One of the things I think about a lot is what God gets out of this system. [While trying not to blush at the presumption of thinking about it from that perspective…]

I’ve spent years wondering how God could allow this much suffering to happen. It’s so tempting not only to ask for guidance but to blame and thank Him for what is mostly under humanity’s control. When tragedy strikes, it’s “God’s will.” When someone wins an Oscar or a gold medal, it’s “God’s gift.”

Really, was it?

Part of the answer I’ve come to is that our evolution is valuable to God as well as us.

God Gets Joy, Even When We Don’t

Why do I think that Got enjoys our evolution?

1. This is not to imply there is something about creation that is not joyful to God. Oneness, surrender, being home, and simply channelling God is one kind of joy.
  2. Leaving home, standing apart, co-creating, and suffering through separation is a different, also joyful option, believe it or not.

The cool thing about Option #2 is this:

Instead of just basking in glory, we can stand separate as creators in our own right, bringing a richness to God’s creation that would not have been the same without our uniqueness.

The hitch is, uniqueness precludes oneness. What we create, we are responsible for, even if it causes harm or hurts us terribly.

My Personal “God Gets” Theory

Admittedly, it’s just a theory on my part.

Perhaps when I return to oneness, I will ask or more likely just know…

that to God…

the rewards of co-creating with your own creation — and not just merging…

are worth whatever suffering separation engenders.

Could that explain it? Otherwise, why does it happen that, when we pray for something, things don’t just appear? Why else can we seek aid, but not solutions?

I imagine Ascended Masters hearing our prayers and scratching their heads saying, “But you wanted to do it yourself!”

But You Wanted To Do It Yourself

The sacredness of spiritual evolution — I like turning over that possibility in my mind, turning it over and over.

If our free will counts, and God gets enjoyment from that, doesn’t this add an extra sacredness to our relationships with each other?

Because, consider this:

If all people are one with God, they are also merged with each other.

It is quite another thing to love someone unknowable, different, and separate from yourself. And then build something together.

What you build is greater than the sum of both of you. And sometimes it’s also really, really hard. Which means real love is another benefit only available to beings who stand alone.

What God Gets.

And Also What We Get.

It’s why I think doing things that thrill your soul count for a great deal. Not just a nice perk, but sort of the whole point of being human.

Something as mundane as drinking sparkling cider instead of orange juice is your own distinct contribution to the universe today.

Let alone the big stuff like creating a marriage, a child, a song, or a book.

The pain of separation, and suffering, and the joy of creation, and love… stem from the same cause.

Rose calls this Earth School, but recently I’ve started to think of it as Earth Lab. There is a lot of learning and mistakes and success going on, but it doesn’t feel to me like preparation or training for somewhere else, the way we treat school.

This is a vital and rich — if not the richest — part of creation.

How can it not be? When you have a bunch of creators running around falling in love, and making crazy beautiful things.

Things that not even God would have come up with on His own?

KYLER, I found your article today so thought-provoking.

More than usual, I’m seeing evidence of the irrepressible creativity of people.

Well I just came across a great quote, the last words of comedian Bob Hope. His wife asked where he would like to be buried.

Bob Hope’s response? “Surprise me.”

Amanda says:

The way I see it is that each of us IS God, a unique part of the whole, and deeply connected, no separation at all.

It’s separation-thinking that stops us from being that.

Thoughts like ‘God is my GPS’ and the thinking that sees our uniqueness as a negative that somehow holds us back from ‘union’.

But even those thoughts don’t stop us from being part of the tapestry!

They’re simply confused overlays.

Amanda says:

Thank you for your post, Kyler. I’m enjoying this whole thread. 🙂

Amanda

Amanda says:

The idea that God is something outside and separate from us, into which we will one day vanish and merge, is to me another confusion of thought.

Every person in this world is already SO merged by existing and being themselves.

Disappearance is not required of us.

It’s all so much simpler than our confusions would have us believe!

🙂

AMANDA, these are beautiful expressions of your state of consciousness. When other people don’t have that experience, I wouldn’t chalk it up to misunderstandings, though, necessarily.

Nor (seems to me) would understanding what you’ve expressed here so clearly, Amanda, propel a different person into that experience.

Like you, I’m enjoying this thread so much. For me, part of the enjoyment arises because KYLER has touched on so many possible experiences, all related to a person’s ongoing state of consciousness.

Even within Enlightenment, experiences can be very varied. I’m so glad you spoke up for this type of experience, because I couldn’t. My version is more like KYLER’s.

Primmie says:

Thank you so much for this post.

Amanda, I have the same sense of things. Each person is God. A tiny piece of the whole. So I think a sense of separateness from God makes no sense at all to me. Odd, but there it is.

Suz says:

Thanks, Amanda. You have said it very well.

We are already I AM, and I always thought the point of enlightenment was the conscious realization of that.

SUZ and PRIMMIE, I agree. AMANDA did put all of this very well.

Most important, this is her experience of consciousness. For her, it is not a theory.

It’s also true, SUZ, that you can read about Enlightenment all over the Internet and find many such descriptions.

I’d be a little curious, though, about the idea of a particular experience being a “point.” Is Enlightenment a theory? A way to win some sort of debate?

Not to this Enlightenment Coach. Besides, many teachers of oneness (or non-duality) can talk a great game about this. Yet what shows up in their auras? Sometimes spiritual addiction. Sometimes extreme spiritual addiction. And occasionally actual Enlightenment.

Usually when people emphasize oneness, they are experiencing (or talking a great game about) the Surrender Model of Enlightenment.

Well, hello! Because we live in the Age of Awakening now, a new kind of Enlightenment is available. As you know, I call it “Householder Enlightenment.”

From my perspective, including energetic literacy, AMANDA has moved within Householder Enlightenment to an experience of oneness.

You may know that I honored her experience, and its beauty, in a special blog post. This has become one of the most popular here at “Deeper Perception Made Practical”: Spiritual Evolution Post-Enlightenment. Aura Reading AMANDA.

You can find many articles here about Householder Enlightenment. Just search!

And I’d dearly love to share a systematic, book-length exploration about this. However, I don’t have one ready yet because I’ve been involved with other projects in 2016 — such as writing and teaching about “The New Strong.”

So what can I say in addition? Discussions of oneness are appealing. Yet the experience of Householder Enlightenment shows many advantages for bringing in the full potential of The Age of Awakening.

If you’re ready to learn about something both new and true, keep reading this blog as the months go by and new discoveries are shared.

As one of the folks on my Enlightenment Life List put it to me yesterday — a person of impeccable integrity who knows what she’s talking about regarding the two different models of Enlightenment — “I’ve done the Oneness type of Enlightenment before this lifetime. In this incarnation, that doesn’t interest me in the least. Householder Enlightenment is what’s new on the planet, and this version is my preference.”

Food for thought, perhaps. Each of us gets to choose, at a soul level, which type of Enlightenment we will aim for, reach, even glorify.

Evgenia says:

Kyler,

Your post totally resonated with me. For a couple of years now I have been thinking that somebody is wrighting a dissertation. There is not way all of this is planned through details )))

I am really hoping everything is working out and the main direction is correct but this idea makes me feel as a contributor, I can make a difference. Every day and in every action.

Just like you said, enjoying a cup of coffee adds love to the world.

Suz says:

Rose, dear, I have to give up. I can NEVER seem to get across on here. I am not playing a game. I haven’t “read all over the Internet.” For the record, the kind of enlightenment I am talking about is not an “experience,” it is a state of being. And it’s a state of being I have enjoyed since 1982. If you wish to understand it as I do, the closest reading I can recommend is two sources — Davidya (our dear David) and Richard Rohr. That’s it, that’s all of it. I have to stay away from here from now on. *sigh*

Amanda says:

Thank you Rose! 🙂

I don’t see a dichotomy at all between our oneness and our humanity, so I agree there’s no need to experience it.

Being as cleaned up and internally free as possible is more than enough!

It’s something to take for granted, really. No big deal, no debate required.

Like having hands and heads, we’re also part of God.

Kyler, I also love this post. I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about enlightenment, I just enjoy it.

But once when I was talking about the joy I feel dancing to songs in my room, Rose said something about having a sense that God might be experiencing the joy of dancing through me. That thought caught my imagination, and since than I have noticing when I am particularly joyful, a sensation of extra glee, as if I AM making a contribution to the divine.

Amanda says:

I hope that clears it up a bit.

I want to be clear that there isn’t a dichotomy here. Something so innately comfortable doesn’t require being any kind of one side v. the other debate.

Amanda says:

Jack Kornfield has a good saying about spiritual life, that we go up the mountaintop and down into the marketplace.

There’s a great tradition of seekers being kicked out of spiritual seeking and back into real life – by their teachers.

Amanda says:

So even in the surrender model there’s been a thread of teachers and students pushing for the human.

🙂

I hope everyone’s having a great Christmas season!

Amanda

Well, SUZ. That was some comment! Perhaps you haven’t been able to “get across” here because this is a blog about Energy Spirituality, unlike the blogs you prefer.

Together this community is bringing a different kind of truth into the world. That’s what we’re about.

That’s lovely news about your state of consciousness. I’m not quite sure how you expected me or other Blog-Buddies to know that you were speaking from your experience rather than a theory.

Personally, to learn about a person’s state of consciousness I read auras. In session, I’ll read auras of clients (you’ve never been one) or from photos (you’ve never sent one, as some folks here do when writing a guest post).

Well, go in peace.

AMANDA and KYLIE, thanks for your comments as well.

KYLIE, that observation about extra glee is just delightful.

Julie says:

Thank you, Kyler. I enjoyed this post and it does give a lot to think about.

Especially the reciprocal nature of gifts. Being gifted, and expressing those gifts.

Giving to the world and receiving in turn. Feeling delight and delighting God as well.

It is a mutual relationship.

Julie says:

On the subject of glee and the universe taking delight in our expressing our gifts, I loved Rose’s aura reading from 2008 of tennis player Roger Federer.

From his soul expression while playing tennis at the High Heart Chakra, if I can quote a bit:

“Hitting that globe of a ball, he is brimfilled with celestial light. Playing tennis is his glory, exactly what he incarnated to do. And to do so brilliantly, it is a delight to the entire universe.

Coordination, senses, breath — all of it is focused completely. Tennis is Federer’s church, his surrender.

For this part of his aura, yes, I’ll definitely do an Empath-Merge.

Time stands still. A single tennis ball becomes the moving point in a silent, still world. The joy of moving to meet it makes all other pleasures pale by comparison.”

Julie says:

I would also wager to say that the universe takes delight in a person reaching Enlightenment.

In that moment of truth, of new experience.

The fulfillment of past efforts, the fulfillment of potential.

The joy.

Primmie says:

Thank you everyone for your comments.

I love Amanda’s description because it resonates with my own experience. I find that very funny, bizarre really, as I was an atheist for so long.

Primmie says:

Whether that means I’m Enlightened I pretty much doubt and it’s not from researching any kind of Enlightenment model. It’s just what has unfolded for me.

Perhaps it’s a theoretical or superficial understanding, if so that’s okay. I am so delighted to have any sense of God that is tangible, it’s all novel and lovely.

PRIMMIE, your transformation has really been amazing. I’ve been thinking of that today in the light of your earlier Comment #7.

In response to today’s Comments #29-30, to my thinking, there are actually several possibilities. I’ll summarize them, for you and any others who are curious.

First, there’s theoretical or superficial understanding. Obviously, for you that’s out. Because you’ve had direct experience.

Second, there’s belief based on need and aspiration.

I’ve read heartfelt comments, passionate writing, online where the writer — say JOE — had a terribly messed up aura. (As I knew from the little bit of session we had together.)

While elsewhere online, Joe was spouting oneness-talk as if that would make him whole. Or it actually was his direct experience.

Ah, more to come after my next session…

Third, there’s intellectual exercise — erudite and sometimes very complex.

This interest in oneness could involve swapping around ideas superficially, or believing, or having experiences of awakening (to be discussed soon) or to have an established state of consciousness, The Surrender Model of Enlightenment.

Fourth, experiences of awakening! These could include having moments or hours, or even days, with a sense of spiritual oneness.

If you read auras — which, of course, PRIMMIE and others you could definitely learn to do — Stage Three Energetic Literacy is your ticket to telling the difference between some awakening experiences versus something more lasting.

Skills as an Enlightenment Coach — in RES, at least — go a bit beyond being able to discern if there is an awakening experience being integrated.

So the Surrender Model of Enlightenment is the fifth possibility, if you’re keeping track of what’s being listed here.

While Householder Enlightenment is not a possibility, because state of consciousness is not personally defined as onenesss.

This Enlightenment Coach is still learning to research differences between Householder Enlightenment and the Surrender Model of Enlightenment. AMANDA’s experience is a fascinating exception to what I’ve found so far, and I’ll hold of putting that into a theoretical model until I’ve encountered more examples.

However, we can also tell a lot about oneness experience by how people subjectively describe living in Enlightenment.

There’s KYLER’s experience, like EVGENIA’s and KYLIE’s and JULIE’S. Clearly Householder Enlightenment.

And then there is the “We are already I AM,” etc. as submitted by nonduality experiencer Suz.
    IMO, it is important to know that these are different types of Enlightenment. Thus, it is to nobody’s benefit to “be nice” and say, “It’s really all the same.”

Actually, these two types of Enlightenment are not all the same.

Confrontation is different from making useful distinctions, at least if one type of Enlightenment is the traditional version, pre-Age of Awakening. While Householder Enlightenment is new on the planet, very tied in with The Age of Awakening.

If I make distinctions like this, it is not meant to rile up anyone.

More like how I use the system of 12 Steps to Cut Cords of Attachment(R), which is a specific procedure to produce results that can be verified by energetic literacy, plus human results.

To me, this is not just some theory for an interesting discussion.

Memorably I had a conversation with a sweet person, Joe, about cutting cords. He told my best friend Gladys that he was cutting her cord of attachment.

As reported to me, Joe had Gladys do a visualization. At the end of which, Gladys concluded, “I guess I still have my cord of attachment. And it’s blue. And that’s because I still love him.”

She told me about this with an air of great triumph. Hearing it, I reacted more with “Oy veh!”

Appalled, I spoke to Joe, informing him that there were different ways of cutting cords of attachment, plus a great deal of knowledge that he didn’t seem to be passing along to his client. As someone with professional experience with this type of energy healing, I invited Joe to learn more about the method I used.

Joe would have none of it. “It doesn’t matter that much,” was the gist of what he said. “Besides, you’re too rigid about cutting cords.”

You see, in this situation, too, I was making a distinction that seemed fussy… to Joe, at least.

But I stand believing in the co-created skills of RES and the work that I do on that basis. Therefore, no, I don’t think it is either kind or helpful to say that everything — about Enlightenment or cutting cords of attachment — is, in effect, one nice, happy “whatever.”

Back at possibilities for discussing oneness, a sixth possibility would be living in spiritual addiction.

People often report blissful experiences of oneness in that consciousness lifestyle. As they go farther and farther out in their consciousness, they get hooked on the oneness. This vicious cycle is entirely self-reinforcing.

Only it leads to not-so-great outcomes in personal life, as most of you Blog-Buddies know from other articles here.

Finally, PRIMMIE and any others still reading this thread, a seventh possibility is living in extreme spiritual addiction.

Today, off-blog, a friend reminded me about a certain spiritual teacher whom both of us used to revere. He was on my Enlightenment Life List.

Over the years, Sri Joe spoke more and more about oneness. And then he moved into extreme spiritual addiction, where he has remained. (And so I removed his name from my Enlightenment Life List.)

In short, I’m all for taking a casual attitude towards many things in life. But Enlightenment is not one of them. Nor is “oneness.”

I’ll keep on using energetic literacy. And teaching it.

Altogether, I’m so grateful to you Blog-Buddies who also find this to be valuable. 🙂

Jean says:

Thank you Rose for this post.

Kyler – I am glad you shared your thoughts.

Especially the following – which I have taken the liberty of copying here:

Jean says:

“Perhaps when I return to oneness, I will ask or more likely just know…

that to God…

the rewards of co-creating with your own creation — and not just merging…

are worth whatever suffering separation engenders.”

Jean says:

I also appreciate all the comments.

To have the perspective of all is indeed a great help for learning.

JEAN, thanks for your commenting. And for choosing that quote from KYLER which, to me, encapsulates the promise of Householder Enlightenment.

Learning and consciousness — sometimes I wonder if that’s what life is all about. Learning and consciousness and joy!

Amanda says:

Rose, I love your clarity. Your description of different approaches in comments 31 – 44 are so clear and make a lot of sense.

I remember reading my first meditation book and being SO intellectual about it!

Then for a long time I wanted understanding without having it, the idea became a theoretical belief.

Amanda says:

I can see why you want to point these different approaches out: so much potential for confusion.

I also like the rigour you bring to your research!

Amanda

Amanda says:

I also remember having experiences of spiritual awakening and thinking I’d done it.

It was quite a surprise to work out there was more evolving to do.

Now I think there is always going to be more evolving to do and more learning to have.

In any case, clarity and research are so valuable!

:0)

Amanda

Primmie says:

Rose, thank you for all of these comments. It seems worthy of a post as it’s great information and real food for thought.

How fascinating that Amanda’s experience is an exception. Somehow I’m not surprised. I love the uniquness that is Amanda!

Amanda says:

Primmie, I always think of you so fondly.

As far as I’ve seen from your comments on the blog, your evolution has been so quiet and beautiful and peaceful. There is such a sense of unfolding about it.

So many dear hearts here. I have really enjoyed everyone’s comments, and thank you for sparking them, Kyler!

🙂

Amanda

AMANDA and PRIMMIE, thank you so much.

It’s lovely to start a new work day with these appreciative words from across the pond.

Helen says:

Thank you for the lovely discussion, everyone!

I can always rely on this blog for insights and inspiration for being my best self and living a good human life!

Helen says:

Thank you Rose (I like to describe you to my friends as a female Gandalf), for your dedication to energy spirituality, and for always evolving, and generously sharing your learning with everyone who wishes to learn!

I have been applying techniques from several books, feeling so much more clearheaded, grounded, and powerful as I navigate my day!

Helen