Householder Enlightenment Model — Such A Powerful New Idea

Householder Enlightemment Model, celebrated

Householder Enlightenment Model, celebrated in a guest post by JEM

Householder Enlightenment Model — what a great thing to celebrate! Especially since tomorrow is the four-year anniversary of The Age of Awakening.

Here Blog-Buddy JEM shares a powerful guest post about her reaction to the Householder Enlightenment Model. It’s so different from the sacred and hallowed and traditional model for thousands of years. I call that the “Surrender Model of Enlightenment.”

And it’s really very, very different. Go, JEM!

Discovering The Householder Enlightenment Model

Gee, this is great news, this Householder Enlightenment thing.

By contrast, I’m used to the more traditional form of Enlightenment, the “Surrender Model of Enlightenment.” Where it was aaaalllll about divine bliss and consciousness. This different model really did a number on me energetically.

Why? In retrospect, it seems as though I deliberately set myself up as a teen, when reading about yogis and Buddhists and other monastic folk. (No doubt, I also was remembering playing that game myself in other lives.)

As a result, I set myself up to disregard human consciousness.

Fine if you happen to live in a cave. But not so good if your culture requires you to wear more than a loincloth. Not to mention, interact practically with other people, rather than spend your whole life gazing inward at your own third eye.

The Householder Enlightenment Model Frees me Up to Grow Faster

Discovering this model for spiritual evolution, I’m thrilled at the prospect of Householder Enlightenment.

Will I reach it or not? I don’t actually mind, not in this moment.

Maybe a lot of my intense striving was actually due to STUFF.

For sure, this info can help me to release the programs I installed in myself as a youngster. Ideals about what it takes to be close to God.

Illusions about what it would mean to be my best self.

New Permissions, Thanks To The Householder Enlightenment Model

What else does this Householder Enlightenment Model mean to me?

Merely enormous freedom. Because I can have:

• A new intent
  • New permissions
  • Less unconscious restriction
  • Self-actualization more than disowning
  • And a  different understanding of my relationship with life.

For Me, It’s More Natural To Pursue The Householder Enlightenment Model

Being able to do follow my path to Enlightenment as a whole human? Now that feels JUICY!

Woooooo!

Thanks everyone!

It makes sense to me that a more everyday enlightenment would be available now, in the Age of Awakening.

Because what better way to bring new love, new light and new divine presence to physical actual tangible earth?

I couldn’t do that as a lollipop.

[Note from Rose: Here, JEM is referring to some diagrams in the how-to book “Magnetize Money with Energetic Literacy.” This is

I’m not saying surrendered enlightened people are lollipops, I’m just saying that some tenets of the info around about how to reach enlightenment, encourage lollipopness.

Amanda says:

I really enjoyed reading this post, Jem. Thanks!

You’re right about the freedom of unconscious restrictions lifting.

There are a lot of enmeshed expectations embedded around the concept of spirituality.

They’re not necessarily true, just a set of ideas.

Amanda says:

I remember I used to love monkish martial arts movies like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

I saw it again recently and my main thought was ‘oh just get together you two and have a nice time instead of a nasty one’!

:0)

Amanda

AMANDA, that’s a fascinating observation. Talk about enmeshed (though not as you used it in your Comment 1).

“Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” had the most beautiful costumes. Glorious cinematography. An amazing female martial artist. And, of course, choreographed fighting to fascinate even the most jaded moviegoer.

All very physical appeals, right? Householder enticements, made more alluring than usual.

Yet still, underlying all the sensuous splendor, was that belief system of austerity, sactifice, and lack of love in pursuit of a higher… whatever it was.

So many influences upon us combine love of physical life and householder enjoyment with a renunciate-style ideal. Movies and more.

Amanda says:

Oh what a cool way to put it, Rose! All that fabulous artistry and humanity, selling the story that isolation is somehow noble.

Amanda says:

I definitely bought into the ‘noble romantic solitude’ thing.

Funnily enough, second time round I looked up the actors. They are very definitely actors, living normal and clearly successful lives and training hard as actors for their movie parts.

Normal. Actors. Parts in movies. Yet originally I was completely sold on the story :0)

Amanda

Yes, AMANDA. You’ve hit on something that goes so deeply into Western culture.

(Some of you other Blog-Buddies would know more about other cultural patterns that are Eastern. Australian! African!)

Deep ambivalence about being human. That’s the theme.

David B says:

Another multi-season example? The TV series Kung Fu.

Jem says:

Thanks Amanda. May I say, something so beautiful shines through your words.

I’ve noticed that in all the blog posts you’ve shared.

I haven’t seen Crouching Tiger!

Jem says:

To touch on another facet of Western culture:

My kid goes to a private Christian school not because I want the religion but because it’s genuinely the best school in this area.

In one way, the faculty’s obsession (and they are obsessed) with Jesus translates to kindness & decency being part of the curriculum and I liked that at the time of enrollment.

Jem says:

Kid is very happy there. He doesn’t believe in the Christian God but believes in an interactive, intelligent forcefield that is everywhere at all times.

He saw Raj describing it on The Big Bang Theory and was excited to be able to put his experience into words finally!

Jem says:

At the end of year service, the pastor read out a bit from the Bible, where Jesus said “blah blah blah repetetive Christian propaganda savior truth light, whatever it was, and I will be with you, EVEN UNTO THE END OF THE AGE.”

Jem says:

Ping! went my mind. I was finally paying attention to the sermon.

How interesting. Even Jesus was referring to different ages.

Jem says:

If Jesus truly did say he’d be the guide or ‘the way’ til the end of the age, was he referring to The Age of Awakening?

What are the implications of that?

Jem says:

The Christian model can be quite dehumanizing.

At its worst: you are born into sin, unclean, cast away.

God is not in the world or in you, but out somewhere far away in heaven. Yet watching and ready to punish.

Jem says:

The only way for salvation (reinforcing that earth and being a human is bad, and we need saving from it) is through another entity, Jesus.

You can’t do it yourself. You can’t even talk to God except through a priest.

Jem says:

You’d better learn a restrictive set of rules – pushing you further away from self authority and the impulses of your own unique, creative, original soul – and give all your power away to other celestial Beings and human authorities all the time.

Jem says:

You are at the mercy of outside conditions and forces.

The image of that religion is a man on a cross with a crown of thorns – intense suffering.

Jem says:

The image for this age of spirituality, for me, would be someone standing with arms outstretched in a state of total golden joy and expansion!

Jem says:

The New Age teachings are actually the same model but with different characters and names, a couple of slight variations, but essentially, often, the same underlying paradigm.

Earth and physicality are awful. Transcend. Ascend. Go UP and AWAY, reach HIGHER.

Jem says:

The way Oneness is often described makes it psychologically difficult for empaths to even WANT to get their auras together for their own benefit.

Jem says:

I think this whole picture is embedded into the collective psyche, which is why it shows up everywhere but here.

What are your thoughts on Jesus effectively saying “This is how we’ll roll til the end of the age”?

JEM, I find your observations fascinating. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Obviously, I do believe that this is a different age, the Age of Awakening. What matters most to me is that we have the option of choosing to be guided in everyday life by personal free will and common sense, with awareness positioned at human vibrational frequencies. (Except during Technique Time, for inspiration.)

Some paths do emphasize a Divine form of guidance in everyday life.

Other paths emphasize an astral form of guidance in everyday life.

Fortunate are we who can live with human emphasis — as PENELOPE wrote about so beautifully today. And as you have also written about beautifully here, from a different perspective.

Christine says:

Hmm. I have seen that movie (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) Now that you describe it that way I can see the whole isolation theme.

Thinking back on watching it the self-inforced celibacy of two of the main characters did puzzle me.

Amanda says:

Jem, thank you! That’s really lovely to hear 🙂

Christine, I saw nothing but the solitude! I really wasn’t thinking.

Amanda says:

However (and this ties in really nicely with this whole thread), the main problem was actually the pattern I was tying into – the romantic path of noble martial arts.

I was just starting on tai chi and that ideal drove my early practice.

Amanda says:

It has nothing to do with tai chi!

In fact it was tai chi that helped (and always has helped) me to clear that kind of pattern.

Amanda says:

Similarly, I am sure that clearing out our perceptions can make us understand a religion better.

Church can be a place of STUFF removal and for many people I think it is.

We went to a midnight service on Christmas Eve and it was lovely, very safe and clear-feeling.

Amanda says:

I wonder how many perceptual ‘ruts’we bring to different religions – ways that we think about them which may in the end turn out to be nothing meaningful to that religion at all.

Just misunderstandings.