New Strong Street Smarts. A Guest Post by LEO

Developing New Strong Street Smarts

New Strong Street Smarts! LEO got his start on developing them along with these other students from the first-ever New Strong Workshop

Can you develop New Strong street smarts? Sure you can. If you seek success and personal growth, you’d better.

Granted, your version of those street smarts may look different from mine. Or LEO’s. Whichever version you develop, once you see the need you’ll be on your way.

As the saying goes, “Necessity is the mother of invention.” Truth is, New Strong street smarts are essential for personal growth in The Age of Awakening!

What Are New Strong Street Smarts, Anyway?

On December 21, 2012, Planet Earth changed. Subtly. Vibrationally.

And, know it or not, humanity moved into The Age of Awakening.

Many of the problems you see all around you could be considered “Adjustment problems. Difficulty with adjusting to our new vibrational freedom.”

You may know, I’ve written a book with a Program for Easy Vibrational Balance. Besides the paperback, “The New Strong,” what else? I’ve developed a workshop. Blog-Buddy LEO attended the annual New Strong Workshop first time out. Now he’s finding his own way to live The New Strong.

I love the passion and personal clarity in LEO’s guest post for today. When reading, remember: You can find your own way to develop New Strong Street Smarts. You don’t have to be a Millennial like LEO. Nor is it necessary to live in Texas. Whoever you are, wherever you live, find your way and go!

Thanks so much, LEO, for describing your own way of living The New Strong.

Why Has LEO Needed New Strong Street Smarts?

Personally I’ve been finding myself less able to deal with others’ BS. By which I mean, a lot of dysfunction going on:

• Excuse making
  • Denial
  • Blame
  • Lack of taking responsibility.

Where do I see this? Both in my professional life and in other arenas, as well.

Have You, Too, Felt the Need for New Strong Street Smarts?

Seems like, people are less and less able to actually function as normal humans.

Exasperating! I mean doing simple, normal things adults ought to be able to manage. Such as showing up on time. Doing regular human things, like holding a job or completing a task.

But what does it take to get things done, simple things like this? Living in objective reality. Apparently, this isn’t happening as much as you or I would expect.

Enter a Technical Clarification from Rose

Blog-Buddies, I think LEO’s observations are right on the money. Why has “living in objective reality” increasingly become so hard for people? Whether living “post-truth” or substituting energy talk for regular, human conversation! Or the latest shocking statistics about alcoholism for American women! (Have you heard yet of “Drinkorexia“?)

With today’s new vibrational freedom, people appear to live in objective reality. Obviously, to some degree, they manage to get by okay.

However, millions of people are finding it hard to handle their new vibrational freedom. In their auras this shows. In their behavior as well.

I’d say, the root cause is not positioning consciousness appropriately. Sadly, otherwise responsible folks are breaking the Old Rules for living well. (Rules we were all raised to follow because we grew up in the past Age of Faith.)

While these good people aren’t yet following the New Rules for living well, as described in this book review for “The New Strong.”

Consequently, as LEO has noted, people are having difficulty with managing everyday competence at life. Okay, back to LEO’s guest post.

Instead of New Strong Street Smarts, Vibeeenesss Talk

Spiritual addiction is on the rise. Lately I’ve noticed a huge uptick in feeeelinggssss and vibeeenessss talk, as described in “The New Strong.”

Much more so than even three months ago, I’m observing an increase in all that energy talk.

Plus, sometimes, I’ll use some of my daily “Technique Time” for aura reading. Why use my energetic literacy skills? In order to figure out why did this person, whom I used to respect, start acting like such a dumb arse?

Seems to me, the slipping into dysfunction seems to be just as prevalent in liberals as in conservatives. Although it manifests in different ways.

So I’ve Been Developing New Strong Street Smarts

In response, mostly without trying (I think), how have I changed?

I’ve doubled down on my commitment to proactively engage in my human life ethically, eagerly, and earnestly.

Gone is my tolerance for childish behavior.

What about patience for behavior that is downright delusional, out of touch with reality? Withered.

Most striking, I’ve developed a never-before-seen forcefulness around speaking my truth.

If Only I Got to Speak Truth to Power.

Instead I Have Begun to Speak Truth to Laziness and Self-Absorption.

Not to achieve selfish ends, but to inject much-needed sanity. Responding to strange situations I’ve found myself in. Clearly, I haven’t set out purposely to call people on their spaced-out behavior. But under the circumstances…

I’m finding myself less and less able to “go with the flow.”

Refusing to hold back, I no longer care so much if I hurt someone’s feelings. With employees or friends, I will speak up. I will dare to rock the boat.

More than Anything Else, How I Live with New Strong Street Smarts

More than ever before, I’ll SHOW UP. In the spontaneous positioning of my consciousness and also my behavior.

To me, showing up seems more vital than ever before.

Sometimes I’ll show up apologetically, other times not apologetically at all.

Soberly, I’ll show up. Which contrasts with so many of my peers who are using alcohol and drugs.

Most of all, I’ll show up honestly. Because I’m determined to live and speak in a way that doesn’t stoop to the lowest common denominator. Have you noticed? That’s more and more en vogue.

Engaging in life with New Strong Street Smarts — that sure beats the alternative. Actually it feels pretty damn good.

And I’m amazed at the way the Universe repays my enthusiasm with more blessings and beauty.

Rose Rosetree says:

Note to your aura readers. About the photo at the top of today’s guest post….

Four of these RES students are living in Householder Enlightenment. Most of the participants in The New Strong Workshop were not in that casual snapshot.

Rose Rosetree says:

So I can’t show you a group picture. Not being a Pinterest kind of teacher.

But I can tell you that three more people from that group — not pictured here — moved into Enlightenment within months of taking the workshop.

Chloe says:

Great post-

I can do a lot more of what you are doing as i’m seeing the same detached from reality behaviours.

Chloe says:

I have been showing up as me more and more-not apologetically.

This has had some who have known me say “Hey you sure speak up more”.

Chloe says:

That feels great, however at times I have worried about hurting others and creating negative karma.

My loyalty as a friend was questioned recently because I was no longer willing to be ok with the lack of responsibility a person was taking for their situation.

Chloe says:

They perceived this as hurtful and being a bad friend.

I’m learning to live the New Strong and it isn’t always fun and easy.

Rose Rosetree says:

CHLOE, thank you for all this sharing. In particular, I’d like to acknowledge the last in this series.

Think about it this way. Other people you know are also having to deal with people who do shoddy work, don’t take responsibility, etc. Ever wonder how they manage?

In today’s Washington Post I was reading a story about the mixup with Best Picture Award at the Oscars. Where one of the key players from Price Waterhouse wasn’t paying attention. Instead he was busy playing with his phone, Tweeting away. Millions of people watching his show and as an executive told the Post, he was responsible for One Thing. Only One Thing. Except that he couldn’t do that.

Rose Rosetree says:

While there’s so much entropy, confusion, and what I’d call “Trouble adjusting to today’s new vibrational freedom”…

Think about it, CHLOE. What do folks do if they do NOT respond by positioning consciousness appropriately + speaking and acting with integrity?

Rose Rosetree says:

More weed. More alcohol. More prayer. More asking guides what to do. More space-out. More cult behavior.

What do all of these “solutions” share in common? The person who seeks refuge finds some degree of comfort.

You’re not doing these things. Therefore, due to no fault of your own, what? You’re finding that sometimes living The New Strong is rough?

Well, I say: Good for you!

Rose Rosetree says:

Really. Remember that.

Suffering is not required in order to live The New Strong.

However, self-inflicted suffering isn’t why you feel bad on occasion. Rather, you won’t lie to yourself about what happens in objective reality.

And sometimes you’ll break away from the pack so as to act with integrity.

Do that! Please! Model that bravery. CHLOE, you’ll impact collective consciousness.

Rose Rosetree says:

To paraphrase a marvelous comment made earlier this week by ISABELLA CATES, Divine Beings are proud of this kind of thing.

Sometimes your friends will thank you for appropriate, responsible behavior, done in integrity.

Sometimes friends will decidely not thank you.

Always, God knows. Divine Beings stand ready to co-create with you during Technique Time. They are proud of you. (FWIW, I am too.)

Chloe says:

Thank you for such a thoughtful response to my insecurity around standing on my own. Feeling braver already!

Isabella C. says:

Ooh, what wonderful comments from Chloe and Rose, 2-11. Thank you.

Gabrielle says:

The New Strong… I have new understanding that just continues to evolve.

To use speech and action instead of being complacent, to call out absurd behavior…that is strong.

To leave inadequate substitutes alone and instead choose real solutions…that is strong.

Gabrielle says:

I’ve admired people who spoke up even when difficult.

I’m doing that for myself more now.

I have examples of that in just the past few days!

Gabrielle says:

Sure there may be temporary discomfort but that is much shorter than the discomfort I would feel if I did nothing at all.

Gabrielle says:

I’ve noticed I’m much quicker to call a spade a spade (or at least recognize if I don’t verbalize).

Not just on a whim, but by paying attention right on the surface of life.

Gabrielle says:

Making excuses for people or assuming I’m missing something does me no good. (Been there, done that)

I don’t have to have all the pieces of a puzzle to see what’s forming.

Sometimes nipping it in the bud is best to prevent further unnecessary drama.

Gabrielle says:

Thanks for this post and for comments shared these past few days, here and elsewhere on the blog.

I’m so encouraged and quite amazed at the wisdom that gets shared here.

Here’s to speaking truth and showing up.

This post and comments really resonate with me. Having recently called someone out on absurd behavior has lead to a host of unpleasant consequences, but it needed to be done.

This is definitely not a time when anyone can live on autopilot.

Emily T says:

Thanks Leo, this is real call to action for me.

Luckily for me, being able to function properly and actually deal with objective reality has made me stand out at work and I keep getting given more responsibilities but I feel I could be calling out a lot more BS than I am currently doing.

Sandra says:

Ahh….more inspiration. Thanks, Leo and everyone else!

Bob says:

It is interesting to figure out what to call out and what to not call out.

Hah, I managed to get a job at a company which I now realise is known to be the nuthouse of the group of similar-ish companies in my area.

Bob says:

But, having accomplished quite a bit in that well-known nuthouse, and having a long experience in dealing with crazy folk in my field…

I’m now in good stead to get a job at a leading consultancy firm. Which would be awesome.

Lindsey says:

Awesome! Thanks!!!

Bob says:

True story. Anyways, here’s a cultural reference to:

“Exasperating! I mean doing simple, normal things adults ought to be able to manage. Such as showing up on time. Doing regular human things, like holding a job or completing a task.”

Bob says:

The story of cheesoid, the story of a robot that had one job to do, but just couldn’t do it.

I laughed about this a lot during a time when I was struggling with spacing out.

Leo says:

Sandra, you’re my inspiration!

Leo says:

Thanks Emily!

I don’t mean to sound like I’m some super human, caller-outer, but I have found more strength to talk and act in objective reality, where appropriate.

Leo says:

Thanks Kylie 🙂

Rose Rosetree says:

Thanks for your continued trailblazing in the field Rose and Isabella.

Leo says:

Nice comments Gabrielle and Chloe!

AJ says:

What a great blog post, LEO.

I too have been living The New Strong and have noticed some wonderful transformations in my own life.

AJ says:

Regarding concepts like excuse making, denial, blame, and lack of taking responsibility—I am actually having the opposite reaction.

Those things used to bother me, but they don’t anymore. I had to consciously think about this, but I’ve realized that I don’t give those people my attention at all. They get ignored.

AJ says:

What this guest blog post really highlighted for me was how “those people” have been very critical of my lifestyle, calling me a workaholic and selfish—even though I spend the majority of my waking hours serving others (and getting paid very well for it!)

AJ says:

I’ve even found it easier to use my discernment when speaking the truth, whereas before I spoke the truth to get attention from others.

That “attention-seeking” attitude went away for me when I started to live The New Strong.

Rose Rosetree says:

Knowing you, AJ, these comments are true.

These results are also truly wonderful. 🙂

Ted says:

Rose, is it helpful for me to watch a TV show, a reality TV program, that educates me about the dark side?

The knowledge comes from a “Physical Medium.”

Rose Rosetree says:

So glad you asked, TED. Really, really unhelpful.

As unhelpful as watching shows about disasters, murders, scandals where people’s reputations were destroyed.

If you want to do something to help, use the skills of RES and keep yourself functioning normally. This blog is a huge resource of information.

Rose Rosetree says:

Want to help even more? Develop energetic literacy skills — Stage Three!

The Aura Reading Online Workshop can help you do that. Here’s a link.

Want to help even more, and learn even more? Join the team of RES experts.