Spiritual Awakening Plus Confusion. Thrive in The Age of Awakening

Spiritual Awakening PLUS Confusion

Spiritual Awakening PLUS Confusion — let’s untangle the two of them now.

Spiritual awakening plus confusion — that combo went mainstream during the New Age Years. Yet you can untangle the confusions and thrive now, in The Age of Awakening.

Here’s the final article in a slightly shocking pair of posts that began with Post-New-Age Tips. For Steadier Personal Growth in The Age of Awakening. Living now, you are learning how to have a great life in this post-New-Age era. When so much has changed, yet gone un-reported.

• Why haven’t you seen the changes described in your local newspaper?
  • Maybe because local newspapers are struggling for their survival: Sometimes they merely write stories about paint drying; other times they break news that local drinking water has become unsafe.
  • As for those bigger newspapers which thankfully, also, still report facts… these are crazy times. Survival no longer seems like a given.

Yet spiritually we can be growing. And growing fast.

Therefore, it’s worth reporting. Worth discussing. Just not spiritual awakening PLUS confusion all mixed in.

Spiritual Awakening PLUS Confusion

OR MINUS Confusion. Up to You.

Boldly, let’s examine two popular concepts. These have brought comfort and hope to many, especially during those years from 1980-2012, the New Age Years. “Spiritual awakening” and “empath.”

During those transitional years, many wise and beautiful souls found comfort in comments that were — to be blunt — WRONG for now. Fine for the New Age years but not fine at all for now, post-New-Age.

Spiritual Awakening PLUS Confusion

Typical Experience in the New Age Years

I had an experience of spiritual awakening. Ever since I’ve been interested in energy, and I know that my path involves learning more and more about energy.

Classic New Age

Do as much energy work as you can. Energy healing on yourself. Energy readings on others.

For instance, protect yourself from “Negative People” by vibing out everyone you meet. Avoid the negative ones.

Or bless them and try to heal them. Perhaps send them light while you are talking to them.

Avoid negative thoughts within yourself as well. These block your spiritual awakening.

Yep, that’s a fine example of something good plus something not, spiritual awakening PLUS confusion.

Your Post-New-Age Tip

Protecting yourself energetically all day long is just as bad as grounding yourself all day long. (See Part I of this two-part series.)

Vibrationally, what are you doing when paying attention to people’s vibes? You’re moving awareness over to astral vibrational frequencies. Away from human vibrational frequencies.

Rather than helping yourself, that well-meant behavior could bring on full-blown spiritual addiction. Sure, problems like that can always, always, always be healed. But doesn’t prevention make more sense?

As for Spiritual Awakening…

Such a mushy term. Ever since the New Age years, people committed to personal growth:

• Have cared about their state of consciousness. (Great.)
  • And we’ve valued beautiful experiences of spiritual awakening. (Great.)
  • “Enlightenment” has even become a hallowed ideal. (Great.)

However, spiritual awakening is NOT Enlightenment. So you’re best off integrating that experience by taking a lively interest in your human life.

Perhaps you might even consider an RES session with me for Enlightenment Coaching. Depending on how you’re doing, I may have further recommendations to make, RES energy HEALING that would make a difference.

Maybe you’d like to include some RES energy READING where I pull out an “energetic hologram” to give you a detailed look at what was actually happening. (So far, I’ve never had a client who didn’t find that fascinating and helpful.)

Okay, let’s boldly look at the second “Spiritual Awakening plus confusion” problem I offered to help you to solve today.

Empath Knowledge PLUS Spiritual Awakening PLUS Confusion

Typical Experience in the New Age Years

I also realised I was an empath and had been taking on the emotions of others, which had almost crippled mentally me a few times in my life, so I started protecting myself energetically.

Classic New Age

Without the lovely spiritual awakening that grew for humanity during the New Age years, maybe nobody would have even noticed empaths. (This Empath Coach wouldn’t for sure. And I did write my first book for empaths during the 1990’s, publishing it in 2001.)

Unfortunately what went mainstream during the New Age years? “Empath” was defined in ways that are distorted, verging on flat-out wrong.

For example, empaths are taught to “protect themselves” energetically. That means more of the same — noticing energies, avoiding negativity, grounding. Oy veh!

Your Post-New-Age Tip

Empath Empowerment® skills can really help you. So can the link I’ve just given you, which opens up 10 articles — a very practical resource for anyone curious about being an empath.

Otherwise, don’t get all mushy and sentimental — or scared — about being an empath. Find yourself a proper teacher with real skills.

One tip-off for the Post-New-Age Consumer: Avoid studying with somebody who appropriates the terms “Empath Empowerment.” That is, takes the term for my trademarked system and aims to teach it… or teach something. 😉 )

Speaking of appropriation, yesterday a FB friend alerted me that somebody on FB has appropriated my photograph (the same one on the cover of my Empath Empowerment books) and is using it with HER name. How weird is that? Anyway, on a brighter note…

Enjoy Living Now, Smart Post-New-Age Consumer

You’re smart. You’re determined. Hey, you’re persistent. Since you read all the way to the end of this post.

Don’t let anything stop you from becoming a skilled empath (if you were born as an empath in the first place) or having glorious experiences of spiritual awakening.

Although spiritual awakening and empath skills are great, avoid spiritual awakening PLUS confusion.

Millions of us, living in The Age of Awakening, can even move into Enlightenment. Not only Traditional Enlightenment, which has been a goal of spiritual seekers throughout recorded history. Millions now are moving into the new higher state of consciousness for NOW, Age of Awakening Enlightenment.

An Avid Reader says:

I am wondering if there might be a better term for “spiritual addiction”. I think that can be so difficult for people to hear when they have been happily applying what they have been taught by mainstream new age teachers.

An Avid Reader says:

Hi Rose,

I know that things are changing.

Given the fact that there is so much more interest in empathy is due to your original and pioneering work in this field. It is just too bad that others have to appropriate your work.

An Avid Reader says:

It is so much easier for most people to buy into what is mainstream. I think it helps to validate for people that they are on the right track. As in, how can all these people be wrong?

I think it is no accident that there are so many brainy thinkers here at this blog. I think Rose’s work appeals most to those who are not afraid to think for themselves.

An Avid Reader says:

I am sure more and more people will catch on about what does and doesn’t work.

I am also guessing that it will not take as log as it has previously.

Rose Rosetree says:

AN AVID READER, thanks so much for all these comments. About your #1, you’re quite right. Hearing “spiritual addiction” is bad enough. Fearing that one might hear it? Even worse.

Nonetheless, so far I haven’t found a better name than to tell it like it is. If any of you’all have ideas, do tell!

Rose Rosetree says:

I can tell you this, based on much experience and also supervising my RES experts.

When the idea of “spiritual addiction” is softened or outright compromised, clients have ZERO success at following instructions they are given for overcoming the problem.

Instructions that work beautifully, provided the client is willing to experiment for a few weeks. The related healing centerpiece can produce human-scale wonders, and often does.

Ted says:

Can you believe this? I was at a New Age store, checking out crystals. And I almost got physically thrown out of the store.

Here’s what happened. I was looking at a stone, getting ready to buy it. But I wasn’t familiar with the name of this type of crystal. So I was checking that out, googling the name of that type of stone.

Ted says:

All of a sudden, the cashier started yelling at me. “Don’t you see the sign we have on the wall? No mobile phones allowed.”

Hey, I’d seen it, sure. I figured they meant to not make any calls. Well, I wasn’t making any calls.

When I tried to explain, that’s when I got THE RANT.

Ted says:

A screaming, flaming rant!

“Cellphones have toxic energy. You have polluted our store. And everything in it.

“You have caused problems for the aura of every single person in this store.

“Shame on you. What’s the matter with you? Don’t you care about the terrible thing you’ve done to us energetically.”

Ted says:

Honest to goodness! They were serious.

Apparently they never considered that their screaming rant might not be too great for anybody’s vibes either.

Needless to say, I put down that crystal I was planning to buy….

Rose Rosetree says:

Sure sounds to me like Spiritual Awakening PLUS Confusion!

To interpret your great story, TED, in a technical way:

Consider, the store owners pay attention to astral energies more than to human vibrational frequencies. For them, it has gotten to the point where they’ve lost touch with (human) reality. At least when it comes to their phones.

Rose Rosetree says:

This circles us back to the excellent point made by An Avid Reader. Remember Comment #1? About the difficulty of telling somebody, “You’re in spiritual addiction. Let me help you move past that.” Avid Reader wrote:

“I think that can be so difficult for people to hear when they have been happily applying what they have been taught by mainstream new age teachers.”

Rose Rosetree says:

As with other addictions, like alcohol or weed, a person may not be ready to hear warnings… until hitting bottom.

But some people are willing to consider the possibility of getting past the too-trusting habit of working soooooo hard on obsolete New Age techniques, or playing around with The Romance of the Astral.

Rose Rosetree says:

Like you, Blog-Buddies, I’m as gentle and kind as possible when conveying this info to people. (Also, if it’s in RES session, explaining exactly how to get out of this kind of consciousness jam.)

Good to know, when folks don’t want to hear that message, they’ll continue doing just what they choose to do. Free will is beautiful that way. 🙂

An Avid Reader says:

It makes sense that it is important to not down play the seriousness of spiritual addiction.

I also really like that clients are told that they can conduct an experiment to see if things get better by spending a few weeks limiting technique time.

Zofia says:

The way I see it, its people of Rose’s generation who are the true “elders” of today’s society. We’re currently in the position where we need true leadership.

I would also suggest that baby boomers (like Rose) had the resources to become good leaders.

Zofia says:

With Rose, you can see she’s stayed true to her goals of gaining the necessary knowledge, wisdom and experience to be an effective leader in her field. (However that’s defined!)

I think that’s really rare. There may have been a few “drop outs”, as its a bit strange that Rose is so unique.

Zofia says:

But, my sense is that there is a lack of leadership in this world.

And maybe that didn’t have to be the case… maybe that will correct itself sooner than I fear.

Zofia says:

But where you see leadership, you see good stuff happening. 🙂

(Also note that Angela Merkel is on Rose’s Life Enlightenment list! yay!)

Zofia says:

Integrity is so important.

Zofia says:

Finally (as I already did a speech here), and to reassure Rose on some counts. It’s such a relief to find a niche or situation in life where I don’t “need” to take responsibility and I can just learn instead. 🙂

Colin says:

Interesting article to see about the downside of the Age of Awakening!

Vatican to hold exorcist training course after ‘rise in possessions’ | World news | The Guardian

COLIN, what you’ve sent really is fascinating. For example, 500,000 Italian Catholics a year requesting an exorcism now? Yes, I can see how the Vatican is striving to respond.

This is just the sort of statistic I would actually expect.

You see, from my perspective, there are many varieties of Spirit Removal that can help RES clients, even though it’s still a very small percentage of RES sessions. Many different Healing Centerpieces, one for each variety of problem!

Just to give two examples: Some folks have the sort of problem that BRITTANY beautifully described in her Comments #28-38 yesterday. Here.

For a long time, maybe even since childhood, an entity has been inside the person’s aura. If that’s going on, certain RES skills can help to solve the problem.

But the other thing that’s happening, and picking up speed….

Hmmm, I think I’ll move this part of the thread on over to a related blog post: Psychic Work Transitioning to Energy Spirituality.