Rainbow Gratitude

Rainbow Gratitude

Rainbow Gratitude. My fresh story may prompt you to answer a sweet little question.

Rainbow Gratitude. That’s a name for what you probably feel… in the presence of a rainbow. But what will you do with that gratitude? Maybe not so obvious.

So let me tell you a story from last night. A story of rainbow and gratitude.

Unpredictable Always, Rainbow Gratitude

When my latest rainbow arrived, I wasn’t looking for one. Why would I be?

Rainbows, like much experience that is spiritual, can come unexpectedly. And isn’t that part of the soul-stirring power?

My last session of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES) had finished. But it was still light out. So I dropped off a box of books for Amazon. (Oh, the glamour of being an indie publisher. Writing my books. Typesetting my books. Hand packing every wacky order request from Amazon. Playing “truck driver” in my little Subaru.)

Sunset was painting gorgeous pastels in the sky. Likewise my mood was lifting. So I thought it would be fun to buy supplies for making cocoa. Over I went, to the nearest Giant supermarket. Playing there was fun, like any time I’m not rushed. What a combo:

• Luscious food to buy.
  • Getting to watch people, amazing creations each one!
  • Spending money by on nice things for myself.

Yum!

When I left with my two big bags o’ goodies. Out to the parking lot. Sunset colors were lovelier than ever.

Joyfully making the drive home, just a mile and a bit. Could this get any better? I turned onto a big street when…

Suddenly a Rainbow.

Equally Sudden Gratitude

It was a horseshoe type rainbow, going a full half circle. No doubt a pot of gold at each end, but I was perfectly content to let those be for somebody else.

Fulfilled already, I looked in wonderment. When I saw a second rainbow outside it.

This second one wasn’t complete. But even partial, and even celestially pale, it was so glorious.

Rainbow Gratitude Can Include Prayers

Immediately I started saying prayers to God. Just speaking the words out loud.

Quick! Quick! Rainbows can last mere seconds. Don’t dilly-dally when praying under a rainbow!

Amazingly I got out all my prayers. And still kept on driving safely.

(For those of us who limit Technique Time to 20 minutes per day, it’s worth noting: Saying a prayer out loud does not move your consciousness away from human vibrational frequencies. Doesn’t count as Technique Time.)

As for that bright, clear rainbow, it kept hovering right there in the sky.

Note: Blog-Buddies, you do know about the special spiritual power of praying when you’re in a place with a rainbow. Right?

I mean, really, where and when would be a better place for prayer?

Rainbow Gratitude to Share

After parking in my driveway, I ran across the street to my neighbor D. She was out on the porch, talking on her mobile. It took some coaxing to persuade her to walk away from her covered porch.

In general, I’m not sure whether D. totally trusts me. On this occasion she didn’t walk willingly. Seemed to me, she was giving a mild glare. As in, “Why are you making up this story about some rainbow?”

“Turn around,” I said.

She did. Still a tad on the grumpy side.

“Now, see if you can find it.”

Probably expecting a teensy, faded, smudge of color in the sky, D. looked up. Already slightly disgusted at my interruption.

Of course she found it. This gigantic rainbow, still bright, was painted so that it framed her house!

And then, like any skeptic presented with a promise unbroken…  D.’s detachment fell like a ton of bricks.

Then I scampered next door to tell E. She’s a closer friend than D. We’ve even done praise dancing once at her house. (E.’s an accomplished, professional teacher of praise dance. Whereas I’m just a fool for love.)

“Look at the rainbow,” I shrieked. Soon she was shrieking back at me. And then all three of us, D., E., and I, stood marvelling at the rainbow.

I ran inside my house to tell MITCH. As I expected, rainbows aren’t high on his list of cosmic events. The man lives pretty darned connected to the Divine already. Seems to me, MITCH is significantly cool, as human go.

So I ran back outside without him.

What Do You Do with Rainbow Gratitude?

By now, the rainbow had faded away. But D. and E. and I still partied in the street. Hugging each other. Talking, because for people like us (i.e., women), talking makes just about anything better.

Both women tried to take photos for FB. Except, for one reason or another, taking pictures didn’t work out.

One idea I shared with them, “I think it’s better to keep something like that in your heart.”

They lit up in agreement.

Any Spiritual Experience, What’s Your First Choice?

In the social media culture, it’s so tempting to FB it. To Instagram. Oooh, to blog.

But as a first choice?

When we go wide and shallow with our experiences, that’s fine for a restaurant meal.

Except when God sends you a great big amuse-bouche on a sky platter…

Or when any experience has spiritual meaning for you…

Isn’t it wise to open your heart and take that gift in? Take it in until you can’t take in any more, and your spontaneous gratitude starts shining out. Only afterwards, share.

Sweet! I do love a rainbow.

Rose Rosetree says:

Incidentally, had DEENA or ELAINE or I managed to photograph yesterday’s rainbow, it was a whole lot sweeter than the one shown at the top of the post.

Ours was five times bigger, juicier, brighter. (Or maybe that’s only how it seemed to us.)

Rose Rosetree says:

This coming weekend, I’ll be teaching a workshop on “Read Auras from Photos.”

Talk about a good use of photographs when there is a rainbow…

Take your a selfie while you’re admiring that rainbow. Then you’ve got an aura photo of yourself to research. A picture of you “under the influence.”

Rose Rosetree says:

Use that photo as a basis for employing your skills of full Stage Three Energetic Literacy. Then you really can read chakra databank after chakra databank, exploring the impact of that rainbow on you.

BTW, some seats are still open for that workshop. If you’re curious about attending, check out info about this workshop on Aura Reading Through All Your Senses®.

Lindsey says:

Beautiful!!! I love rainbows! Thank you!

Leo says:

I really loved this story Rose. Even though you do such groundbreaking, big deal work, you still know how to enjoy the simple beauties of life, keeping your inner child alive and well.

Leo says:

This also reminded of a pretty well known video that made the rounds on the internet a few years ago. It was a phenomenon for sometime.

This is the original:

Then the auto-tuned it and a made a song out of it

Jnana says:

I can picture your delight so easily it makes me smile. You’ve so much joy about real things.

I remember you at the Asian market jumping in delight at all the exotic food. You looked young, you moved so flexibly and your joy was contagious. Do your neighbours realize how lucky they are?

Gladys says:

What a great story to kick off Summer Solstice:)

I had that kind of moment the other day when the sun was shining through some billowy clouds in such a way it was like…heaven above me. I enjoyed it, took a photo as it was so inspiring-and when i later tried to put on Instagram the photo didn’t look like my experience so i didn’t post it.

I couldn’t showcase via photo what I saw or how it made me feel.

Rose Rosetree says:

Thanks so much to all who have been commenting on this thread.

GLADYS, regarding that Comment #9, do you realize how lucky you were about this? “I couldn’t showcase via photo what I saw or how it made me feel.”

Might I suggest? You’ve got depths to your experience of human life now.

Rose Rosetree says:

Many people might not. Because, for them, all the oomph of life experience now…

It has been bent towards social media, such as their latest numbers of “Likes” and “Retweets.”

Wide life, not deep life. A very different way of relating to human life. (And perhaps not directly helpful for one’s path to Enlightenment.)

Isabella C. says:

Beautiful story! I saw an amazing rainbow a few weeks ago. It was an amazing moment.

I thought, how funny that so many people could see a sight like that and not be spiritual! How could it be more obvious??

An Avid Reader says:

I loved reading this!

I get excited about rainbows, too. For me, it is like experiencing a special blessing from God. There is something so heavenly about them!

So, it was such a joy to read this! Thank you!

I really like this post, Rose.

“Because every rainbow prompts spiritual awakening. At least for those who seek personal growth.”

I’d always suspected something like that, but I did not know. Thank you for teaching us!

Erica says:

“Isn’t it wise to open your heart and take that gift in? Take it in until you can’t take in any more, and your spontaneous gratitude starts shining out. Only afterwards, share.”

Gorgeous 🙂 and brilliant advice!

Christine says:

Ah, the double rainbow song. I remember that.

Julie says:

I enjoyed reading this; rainbows are special to me too.

It sounds like it was one of those days that you don’t want to see end – inexplicably perfect.

Where the natural response is gratitude, rather than going to bed and trying to fall asleep at the end of the day.