Autism Hope. Asperger's Hope. RES Skills for the Bold.

Autism Hope. Aspberger's Hope.

Autism Hope. Aspberger’s Hope. Let me explain how RES might be able to help you.

Autism Hope. Aspberger’s Hope. Yes! Hello, caregivers. Probably you get support already. Well, how about receiving powerful help? Today I’m going to share with you… help that’s available through the unique approach of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES).

What moved me to write today’s blog post? Here’s the short list.

1. Recent blog comments scolding me for stating, along with respected mental health authorities, that autistic persons and folks with Asperger’s are not empaths. Period.
  2. The level of frustration folks experience must sometimes be unbearable. Because what else would explain the axes to grind? Such as recent Comment #34.  Or today’s Comments 37 to 40. Where someone who made a case, oh so tactfully, about why I might well be autistic. (Guess I just was supposedly too ignorant to notice all that autism. Or too young. Heck, I’m just 69 years old.)

Is it too much to ask this of you lurkers and commenters with a big charge on this topic?

“Please slow down and read what I actually wrote before turning on your indignation.”

For instance, I’ve written that autistic persons are not empaths. But, of course, they can have empathy. Empath does not mean the same thing as empathy.

Anyhow…

Thanks, commenters, for reminding me to finally write this post. Because I’d really like to do what I can to help folks whose lives are touched by autism.

I dedicate today’s post to “Gladys.” In a recent session I helped this long-sacrificing mother with one autistic child and also a child with Asperger’s. Our session helped her!

In today’s article, I’ve got a simple aim: To officially declare how this Founder of RES can serve as a helpful resource to you parents and caregivers and family members. Because life ain’t simple when you’ve got children with autism or Asperger’s.

Autism Hope Is Sorely Needed

Because it’s hard. One-day-at-a-time kind of hard. Unremittingly hard, taking care of a child with autism or Asperger’s.

How do I know this? Not from personal experience. But by helping clients over the years. And from those sessions I know that I could devote my entire career to helping parents and caregivers who deal with these problems.

Never before, however, have I reached out to communities around autism and Asperger’s to let folks know exactly how RES can offer kinds of help not found elsewhere. So let’s get practical.

How You’d Set up an RES Session

You’d set up your session for YOU. Although it might wind up improving your relationship with the child you’re helping. A child I’ll refer to as “Joe.”

When you set up your 55-minute appointment, bring an open mind. And this intention: “To improve my relationship with Joe (from my side).”

Autism Hope. Asperger’s Hope. Why?

Because I can use RES Energy READING Skills and Energy HEALING Skills.

Which skills? That will depend upon what I find in your aura, your energy field. Because early on in the session, after you give permission, I’ll be checking out your aura.

And that’s when I’ll draw on years of experience as the Founder of RES. I’ll select the skill set that can help you most right now.

RES includes many specialties that you may never of heard of. Yet they can make all the difference for you. These areas of expertise include the following.

1. Autism Hope. Asperger’s Hope. Through Understanding.

As in understanding way more clearly what’s making Joe tick.

For example, I can pull out an “Energetic Hologram” from an incident with Joe where you were wondering. “Why did he do that?”

Because an autistic child isn’t simply “an autistic child.” You’ve got an individual on your hands. A person with full use of free will.

And you might be quite surprised at some of the things I’ve discovered from doing this sort of research.

2. Autism Hope. Thanks to Clarity.

What’s going on with that child’s chakra databanks like:

1. Solar Plexus Chakra Databank for Sharing Power
  2. Solar Plexus Chakra Databank for Handling Conflict
  3. Throat Chakra Databank for Communication in Close Relationships

Until you know, there’s no point in generalizing. Or assuming, “Just because my child has autism, I must expect….” or “I can’t expect.”

When caregivers receive clarity through RES Energy READING Skills, what happens?

• Often the info is shocking, yet it resonates for my client. And, on reflection, explains a great deal.
  • The caregiver stops feeling guilty.
  • The caregiver begins to explore more effective ways to communicate with that child.

Free yourself up from being stuck? And from suffering more than you need to?

Yes, that’s how I like to help clients who deal with autism or Asperger’s or children with both.

And yes, as a side benefit, those parents maybe become more effective caregivers. Even as they do less struggling inwardly.

3. Autism Hope. Asperger’s Hope. Through Energy Spirituality HEALING

Sometimes, in session, we’ll agree to focus on helping you to let go STUFF stuck in their auras. And then wake up from inside, living live more juicy.

What kind of STUFF? Like psychic coercion, energetic subroutines, and cords of attachment.

No, if you make an appointment you’re not ordering off some menu. You Won’t have to figure out what to ask for. Technical skills for choosing are my job, based on well over 10,000 hours of working in RES.

I meant it, earlier in this article, when I wrote this: All you do is bring an intention, like “Improve my relationship with Joe from my side.” (Joe being your autistic child.)

I would love to help you caregivers and relatives of autistic persons to breathe easier. Same for you who are parents of — or are married to, or are children of — persons with Asperger’s.

Wishing you clarity. Wishing you wholeness. And wishing you power.

Grace T. says:

The force of some of those comments surprised me.

I really respect that others have done a lot to research and understand information on autism. But I’m out of the loop on why there would be so much investment in labelling autistic people as empaths?

Grace T. says:

It doesn’t seem insulting or offensive to notice 2 different categories instead of 1.

There must be something I’m not understanding because to me “not an empath” is not any more insulting than “not blue-eyed.”

Grace T. says:

I’m thinking that everyone is not using the same definition when they use the term empath.

Most resources out there do not have anything approaching a focused and technical definition of an empath that means something in energetic literacy terms the way your system does, so people end up applying it everywhere.

Grace T. says:

Thanks for pointing out #1:

Support through understanding how that individual person with free will ticks (as opposed to some broad category of autistic person).

Jennifer says:

Thanks for the lovely post Rose. I have a few questions, if you don’t mind – do you think RES/Stuff-removal sessions would help someone with Aspbergers or autism?

Jennifer says:

Does living like that cause Stuff to be deposited in the aura such that RES could help them live a more functional life?

Or is it more of a physical brain abnormality that can’t be helped with RES, due to its chemical nature?

Jennifer says:

I’m fascinated trying to learn where the (very blurry, often crossed) line is between energetic and physical issues.

Thanks!

Rose Rosetree says:

JENNIFER, thank you for articulating these very important questions.

Starting with Comment #7, who blurs lines? Who crosses lines?

Not a practitioner of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES). So I’d like to begin my response to this question with a Teaching Tale from maybe 30 years ago.

Rose Rosetree says:

I got my first wakeup call about this when I published my first article in Pathways Magazine.

It appeared around 1986 and had a title like, “Can Reiki Cure AIDS.”

Rose Rosetree says:

At the time, I was volunteering at Washington D.C.’s magnificent AIDS clinic. Working as a practitioner of Reiki, I believed that maybe Reiki could cure AIDS.

So I interviewed the head of Whitman-Walker. A kind, smart man who treated me more respectfully than I deserved.

Rose Rosetree says:

Given the training that I’d received from my Reiki masters, and mixed in with my idealism, I had arrived at some foolish beliefs that were flat-out wrong.

Contrast that with the perspective of the man who witnessed the deaths of countless men, the full progression of the AIDS virus.

Rose Rosetree says:

In a clear, tactful manner, I was disabused of my muddleheadedness.

Let doctors with their best skills help patients with HIV and AIDS. Not some mind-body-spirit healer.

Now that I’ve become the Founder of RES, I know better than to over-extend the applications of these energy medicine-type skills for emotional and spiritual growth.

Rose Rosetree says:

Sometimes I refer clients to psychiatrists or other mental health practitioners, and so do the RES experts I train.

Because RES skills do not make us mental health experts.

Rose Rosetree says:

So, in response to your Comment #5, the answer is: Sadly no. Absolutely not, actually.

A clear diagnosis of autism or Asperger’s means that the client is not processing information within the range of normal psychological functioning. Sure, call it “brain chemistry,” if you would.

Rose Rosetree says:

We RES experts might do some Soul Thrill(TM) Aura Reading Research, but not sessions using the RES Energy HEALING Skills.

All this is different from doing sessions for caregivers to autistic persons, or folks with Asperger’s syndrome. Just because those caregivers haven’t been diagnosed with a serious problem… doesn’t mean they don’t have problems.

In my experience, personal sessions can help them a lot — just the point of this blog post.

Rose Rosetree says:

Blog-Buddies, in case the following is helpful for any of you, I’ll add this.

What if a person has been diagnosed as bipolar or schizophrenic, or has some other difficulty with brain chemistry that can cause serious problems in life?

Rose Rosetree says:

Fortunately, psychiatric medications can help with this, allowing the person to live and grow in a way where RES sessions could be helpful.

I have many such clients, actually. And even know of folks on my Enlightenment Life List who take psychiatric medication.

Rose Rosetree says:

So I do think it is important to draw a clear line, either within my limits of practice or outside of it.

And that question you raised, JENNIFER, in Comment #7, is a really important question to raise. To raise repeatedly.

Rose Rosetree says:

All this brings to mind a related post about autism and Asperger’s.

Check out in particular Comments 52-57. I have also observed that people can be desperate to mainstream their children who have any type of disability. Sometimes this can be done as much as desired. Sometimes not.

Personally, I think it’s important that those of us who facilitate mind-body-spirit sessions never take advantage of this. All of us would be wise to honestly answer the question, “What is my scope of work, versus what isn’t?”

Anon for this says:

It seems to me that some people get so agitated over the distinction you’re making here is because there is so much ignorance over what an empath actually is, and what it means to be a highly sensitive person and also a reaction to common cultural tropes that say that autistic people or people with aspergers can’t empathise with others or feel emotions.

Anon for this says:

It’s an overreaction to this idea that is on the defensive and has latched onto the idea of empath and autistic spectrum being one and the same

Rose Rosetree says:

Thanks, Anon for this… for this.

For sure, there is a lot of confusion about what an empath is, etc.

Well, I’m doing my best to un-confuse, and otherwise help.

Lancelot Bright says:

As an empath and an RES practitioner who also has world-class credentials and experience in the mental health field (which I will not describe in detail here for the sake of anonymity), I am surprised that Rose’s cogent explanation about the marked differences between being an empath and meeting the diagnostic criteria for autism spectrum disorder sparked any controversy at all.

Lancelot Bright says:

As a human being, I am surprised that the ensuing discussion was so vicious, and so focused in some cases on attacking, disparaging, name-calling, and idle speculation about others’ imagined psychological deficits, rather than providing intellectual support for one’s own views.

Lancelot Bright says:

As an extensively published scientist and an intellectual, I am only stating the obvious to say that such ad hominem comments have no place in discussions where the pursuit of truth is at stake.

Lancelot Bright says:

Thank you, Rose, for your wisdom and knowledge, and for your courage in raising an issue that clearly is of passionate interest to readers.

Somebody Else says:

Wow, Lancelot Bright, your comments express so eloquently what I’ve been wanting to say here, but didn’t know how.

Morgan says:

I think it comes down to people wanting desperately (their offspring)to not feel inferior or less evolved in comparison to others. Labeling autism/Asperger’s as empaths is a chance to make the individuals seem like incarnated highly-evolved beings and so feels good to the caregivers/others.

After living in this world’s labels of dependence = losers, it can be liberating to adopt a new interpretation. I know that is what happened to me when I learned I was an empathy…I went from interpreting my self/life as a black sheep to being the superiorly evolved member of my family and what a relief that was!

Morgan says:

At any rate, I rely on blog writer’s misunderstanding of Rose’s definitions and the following process of clarifying (back and forth dialogue).

I encourage people to think dysfunction/misunderstanding as the necessary perquisite to edification 🙂