Truth Telling. Guest Post by LEO

Truth Telling

Truth Telling LEO! Watch him go in this honest (but not raw) guest post.

Truth Telling. In this guest post, LEO describes how verbal integrity has helped him on his path of personal growth. Empath Empowerment® skills help, too.

I love everything about this article. Including how — from my perspective as an Enlightenment Coach — LEO gives excellent advice for spiritual evolution.

Truth Telling. Even When “Homesick for Heaven”

A few months back I heard Rose use the term “Homesick for Heaven.” That theme has popped up again and again for me in recent weeks.

Earth is such an un-ideal place in so many ways.

• The pettiness.
  • Lack of clarity.
  • And downright selfishness of other humans.

Recently this has let me down, hurt me. (Probably hurt me for a long time. But I’m more aware of it now, I think.)

Truth Telling. Even When Earth School Is Rough.

Recovering from disappointments, I find this theme often pops up: Homesick for Heaven. For example, when using the RES Energy HEALING techniques. Since the un-ideal quality of life on earth doesn’t stop with events.

Instead, it becomes part of the STUFF people carry: Energetic and subconscious pain. Skills of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES) remove that and put in something more reminiscent of heaven.

After using RES skills for healing, I’ll remember that upset feelings are valid.

However, they’re also sort of baked into the premise of Earth School.

Not Much Perfection Here. Nor Truth Telling.

Consider that there is not much perfection here.

Rather, what happens each day? A series of interesting, meaningful, chaotic, tragic, and ultimately wonderful… set of messy opportunities.

Like a big sandbox with the potential for fascinating creations.

Truth Be Told, I’m Not Crazy About That Aspect

My resistance to some of the in-built frustrations and pains of earth? Quite understandable. Yet not particularly helpful to my continued evolution as a human. Therefore…

Truth Telling

About My Aims for Adapting to Human Life on Earth

My hope is this:

I will continue to adjust my expectations of life appropriately, while striving to do my reasonable best.

Despite so much… absolute ridiculousness… out there. Downright frustrating and maddening ridiculousness.

Yet my opportunities to grow in mind, body, and spirit in meaningful and beautiful ways. These opportunities exist in equal or greater measure. Like STUFF stuck in a chakra databank, the most beautiful, fragrant roses are littered with knobby thorns.

So, How Much Truth to Tell?

This theme lines up quite neatly into my aforementioned struggle. Concerning how much truth is appropriate?

Certain times in my life, I was not very truthful. Often in an attempt to “not rock the boat” or to “fit in.”

This tendency was only compounded by being an unskilled empath . With a number of empath gifts. Accordingly, before learning Empath Empowerment… Let’s just say this: Often I found it difficult to distinguish my truth from what was going on with other people.

This is not always an easy experience for a listener. Because so often, truth has been pushed into denial.

Complicating Life for Millennials Like Me

Further, have you noticed the cultural zeitgeist that encourages variations on lying? Like:

• Respect everyone’s opinions.
  • Don’t ever hurt anyone’s feelings
  • And “Truth is relative.”

Nonetheless, I’ve found truth telling still can  be often be helpful. Rarely is it as harmful as I used to fear.

Sometimes relationships would really benefit from truth telling. Even when the positive effects don’t show immediately.

I believe we plant a seed when telling others the truth. Will that truth grow enough to see the light of day? That’s not on me.

No seed of truth can grow unless the other person uses free will to say “Yes. I choose to live with authenticity.”

I can relate to everything you say here Leo.

I’m not a millennial, but that cultural zeitgeist definitely included me.

I particularly like this sentence: “Seems to me, this causes our society to trade on vaguery. Keeping us locked into personal echo chambers.” So true!

Liane says:

Leo, so many of your thoughts resonate with me.

Your comment, ‘Insisting on telling at least some of the truth whenever I can’, really stood out.

Liane says:

I’m a truth teller, and have a hard time with half truths, but sometimes half truths are better than the whole brutal truth, or a complete ridiculous lie.

Liane says:

To hear you put it that way will help me ease up on the absolute black and white expectations I’ve always had of myself.

No point in making things more difficult than they have to be!

Explorer says:

Great article Leo. Your way of explanation is very eloquent and I found myself nodding through out the entire message.

Everything rings true to me, like “Often I found it difficult to distinguish my truth from what was going on with other people. In recent years I’ve become much more truthful. Insisting on telling at least some of the truth whenever I can.”

Jean says:

Thank you Leo – great post that resonates with me as well.

Explorer says:

To provide an example. I was playing a fun easy card game the other day with someone who is super competitive and sometimes blatantly cheats and then denies it.

Even about the smallest insignificant things. This always bothered me and never understood the reason behind it.

Explorer says:

It happened again during this one and after years of accumulated frustration, I decided to ‘give him the taste of his own medicine’.

At the spare of the moment, I switched cards that was so obviously cheating and kept playing the game.

Explorer says:

He knew, more importantly I knew.

It was not to win the game, nor did I care to win or make him loose.

I simply lashed out.

Explorer says:

Immediately afterwards, I felt horrible.

It was not fun. It did not make my point.

It made me feel like I just betrayed myself and left a sour taste all over.

Explorer says:

This is such a small thing in greater scheme of things but its a great example where I went against my true nature.

My own truth that lights up my soul.

Explorer says:

This reminded me again the only way I can be in the midst of all this confusing crazy town, and as you put it “Despite so much… absolute ridiculousness… out there.

Explorer says:

Downright frustrating and maddening ridiculousness”, is by saying and doing my truth as much as I can, whenever I can.

Empath Empowerment made it possible for me to discover my authentic self and how to make it stronger. (Big hugs Rose!)

Explorer says:

I love reading your progress Leo. Keep on shining!

Rose Rosetree says:

EXPLORER, quite some tale there! More can be involved in an incident like this than simply “Truth Telling.”

So I suspect that, in a session, I can use some RES skills to help you with more depth.

LIANE and KYLIE, thank you so much for your wonderful contributions here as well.

Explorer says:

I think so too. That’s why instead of spending time analyzing it, I used my technique time for a quick clean up and left the rest for a potential session with you.

Either way, these recent “Truth Telling” blog posts are quite encouraging:)

Rose Rosetree says:

Wise indeed!

Sophie G. says:

Thank you for this guest post, Leo. I can relate.

Lilian says:

Just to stick up for millennials. Like me (just about).

Telling the truth does take humility. And it’s good practise to acknowledge that you might not know the whole story.

Lilian says:

That’s part of the art of being human, to honour your truth as being true for yourself, in this time of life, in a certain situation. There’s no point being a wimp.

Go ahead, have some balls and own your own truth. And this truth is guidance for how to behave.

Lilian says:

But then, it may or may not to helpful to someone else.

Lilian says:

One thing I’ve learnt, for example, is that I understand things pretty quickly. So it’s hard for me to know what to do, especially at work, as I can predict what’s likely to happen… Just churning out results feels a bit pointless.

That’s why I like applied sciences, rather than abstract maths or physics: there’s more opportunity to factor in the unexpected.

Lilian says:

There’s truth in doing things, as long as it’s true for the person doing the things. It’s the process we evolve by…

What I can’t stand is to see someone consciously lying, it’s so obvious to me…

Oh my! I would happily murder liars. Might have done in past lifetimes, who knows. I can handle it now, though.

Rose Rosetree says:

Beautifully put, LILIAN. And when I got to that very last paragraph, I did laugh out loud.

Rose Rosetree says:

The October Issue of the RES newsletter, “Reading Life Deeper” has gone into your in-boxes this morning, Blog-Buddies.

Share any reactions, questions or comments right here, at LEO’s great guest post.

Ethan says:

Rose the newsletter is amazing as usual.

THANK YOU for all your time/effort you put into those for us- your loyal fans:)

RES has truly changed my life for the better and I am so grateful for being part of this community.

Rose Rosetree says:

Sweet!

Explorer says:

Beautiful newsletter Rose. We had a big storm, power outages on my part of the world last night. After a long night, seeing your newsletter in my mailbox this morning sure brought a smile:)

One thing is for sure. I’m so grateful to have taken that leap of trust with RES and come this far.

Liane says:

Great newsletter Rose!

One of my favorite things about an RES Session is that I don’t have to talk much. I want to hear what you have to say/teach/heal… not what I’ve already thought about to death. Thank you for that!

If you hadn’t put it into words, it may never have occured to me why I liked what I like about the hour session.

Julie says:

So eloquent, Leo. Thanks for this post.

Morgan says:

Thanks for sharing! It’s so refreshing to hear someone tell it like it is….
    “Further, have you noticed the cultural zeitgeist that encourages variations on lying?”