Yoga Teacher Cord of Attachment

Yoga Teacher Cord of Attachment

Yoga Teacher Cord of Attachment. Could turn out to be way uglier than these three yoga mats.

Yoga Teacher Cord of Attachment. After taking one yoga class, what could have limited Gladys for the rest of her life?

And how might cutting this cord of attachment help her?

This blog post highlights the surprising contents of my client Gladys’ cord of attachment. To a one-time yoga teacher.

Yoga Teacher Cord of Attachment?

Easier to Get than Doing Child’s Pose!

First of all, background galore is at our previous article. About cutting cords of attachment related to disappointing spiritual leaders, energy healers, etc.

Second, please know that my client Gladys felt much, much better after our session.

A session of RES Energy HEALING. Where the Healing Centerpiece happened to be… 12 Steps to Cut Cords of Attachment®.

Now let’s get to it. Learning Asana!

Yoga Teacher Cord of Attachment

Yoga can really be wonderful. Personally I’ve done loads of yoga, especially Kundalini Yoga. Gladys, my client, also likes yoga — as an occasional pursuit. So she expected to like the class her friend took her too.

Unfortunately, how did Gladys feel after that yoga class? Not good. And not quite like herself.

But her RES session helped. And Gladys gave me permission to share the following with you Blog-Buddies.

Before reading, you might wish to put on a hat. Because these cord items are kinda hair raising.

What Was Weird During Class

Towards the end of a yoga class, it’s customary to have a bit of meditation.

Note: Never once, taking dozens of yoga classes, did I encounter a good quality meditation. No surprise, really. I feel sorry for spiritual seekers who think yoga classes are the place to go for learning meditation.

Most outrageous example, in my yoga class history? The Kundalini Yogi teacher who announced, “Now I’m going to teach you Transcendental Meditation.” Then he gave us a 10-minute disgrace to the name of ANY form of meditation.

At the time, I was still active as a teacher of the Transcendental Meditation(TM) Program. Accordingly I spoke to him after class was done. He insisted that he had said he called it “A transcendental meditation.” No way was he misleading his yoga class.

Apology? Remorse? Apparently he hadn’t learned to bend over that way. 😉

About the weirdness in Gladys’ class — there wasn’t just an extensive bit of meditation in this class. There was chanting. Quite a bit of chanting. And chanting to Shiva. A Divine Being who is not for casual playing around.

Hint: Traditionally Shiva is depicted wearing a killer-type snake.

Anyhow, here’s what I found in Gladys’ cord of attachment to that one-time yoga teacher.

Yoga Teacher Cord of Attachment. Cord Items

Gladys had no cord items in the dialog box. All came from the yoga teacher:

1. You must hollow yourself out.
  2. God wants you to be in a state of complete surrender.
  3. May Shiva purify all your imperfections.
  4. May he align your body, mind, heart, and soul.
  5. So you renounce the wicked temptations of earth.
  6. And you strive to live in purity.
  7. May the fires of Shiva burn within you unremittingly.
  8. So you may live a life of chastity.
  9. And develop an interest in gaining Enlightenment.

Guess that Shiva-Path Yoga Teacher Never Knew This

Secretly and sneakily trying to convert somebody else?

That breaks a spiritual law. One of the worst of spiritual trespasses.

It’s one thing, Blog-Buddies, to have one conversation. Once. Where you tell somebody about a path that you think might prove helpful.

One time only. And no pushing.

This yoga teacher was presented to Gladys and her friend as “really authentic.” Because she came from India. And was trained there.

Labels sure can be part of the illusion of Earth School, can’t they?

Results for My Client

Logical consequences — or likely results — for my client included:

• Feeling more like herself.
  • Regaining her footing on her spiritual path. As a householder. (Thank you very much.)

A session bonus: Just to make sure that the connection with Lord Shiva was broken in an effective manner, phew! I was able to use some of the skills developed along the way. So I had a bit of a conversation with Shiva.

Gladys had his blessing to leave the implied connection to him. Correct?

Shiva came as close to laughing as I’ve ever seen. (After years of doing sessions for clients. Sessions that involved Him.)

He never took it seriously. Gladys wasn’t coming to that yoga class for the purpose of worshipping him. Not of her own free will, anyway.

Therefore, no offence taken.

Just so you know, Blog-Buddies, a wise person doesn’t disrespect any Divine Beings. But especially Shiva.

In Conclusion

Gladys could continue on her life journey.

Evolving beautifully on her spiritual path.

A path that has nothing to do with worshiping Shiva. Nor celibacy. Nor any other aspect of renunciate lifestyle.

And here’s the irony. RES Energy READING Skills suggested that the coercive, sneaky yoga teacher was nowhere close to Enlightenment.

But my client Gladys? She’s already on my list of RES clients and students who have moved into Enlightenment. That’s Age of Awakening Enlightenment!

AJ says:

Wow. This came with perfect timing.

After reading Hillary Clinton’s book, I have recently been considering incorporating a short Kundalini Yoga practice into my morning routine.

AJ says:

Hillary explains in her book that ever since she was Secretary of State, she has done a 5-10 minute Kundalini Yoga practice every morning with Alternative Nostril Breathing—a technique I was excited to read about, since I also learned that technique from you.

AJ says:

Thinking about this, I wonder if this type of spiritual practice can help facilitate the removal of STUFF?

She did move into Enlightenment shortly after her tenure at the State Department.

AJ says:

I’m thinking it’s more important than ever that I use my Stage 3 Energetic Literacy skills to read the auras of any spiritual teacher, even if it’s only a short yoga practice!

Rose Rosetree says:

Yes, indeed, to your Comment #4, AJ.

About #3, I can’t conjecture about why anybody moves into Enlightenment. Even as an Enlightenment Coach, I just help one bit at a time, in awe of the mysterious process as I co-create with the Divine.

anonymous says:

I used to like yoga too, as an occasional pursuit. But had some bad experiences.

It is wise to read the teacher’s aura beforehand. Once in the presence of the teacher, for me all that registered was what she said and did.

Not her consciousness lifestyle. Which was the real zinger.

anonymous says:

I don’t claim to understand the many kinds of STUFF that can occur. It seems complex.

But I did encounter more than one kind of STUFF from attending yoga classes.

anonymous says:

With different variables like the teacher, the students who are attending, what happens in consciousness, there is a lot to consider.

anonymous says:

And from what I’ve seen, many yoga teachers do encourage being open – open to the energies in the room.

I do wish every yoga teacher out there would read Rose’s blog.

Gladys says:

Thanks Rose again for the healing!

I remember in the session that I just laughed out loud at some of the cord items when they come up.

Could not be more different to what I personally want out of life! My own HUMAN life!

Gladys says:

I also remember that even in that yoga class, I was very careful to stay on the surface and not pay attention to energies.

I did not take part in any chants and when there was a meditation I even kept my eyes open!

Gladys says:

I was at one point aware of something energetic going on but I thought it was probably a lot of astral STUFF… related to the fact there seemed to be a lot of very spaced out people in the class, who kept their eyes closed a LOT.

Gladys says:

I knew that I had learned sufficient skills to heal some types of STUFF from mentoring with Rose.

Because of that, and because I HAD thought to research the teacher’s aura I wasn’t too worried.

Gladys says:

However despite the yoga class and the session with Rose being only four days apart I had already noticed an impact!

I was more spacy and a bit confused about what I wanted in life. I also had a run-in with a local shopkeeper whose surname quite appropriately was a derivative of Shiva!

Gladys says:

Knowing what I know now, I would not only research the spiritual teacher’s aura, but also the impact of the class, and ask around a bit more about the class itself.

And if the class started to seem like something it wasn’t advertised as, I would up and leave!

Rose Rosetree says:

Wonderful insights, ANONYMOUS and THE GLADYS who inspired this blog post!

GLADYS, re Comment 12, it WAS astral. Just because that yoga teacher chanted the name of a Divine Being doesn’t mean she was experiencing him. Right?

Anonymously Anonymous says:

I was very interested to read this post.

I love doing yoga and over the years, have attended a wide variety of classes in various yoga studios.

Anonymously Anonymous says:

I was very interested to read this post.

Anonymously Anonymous says:

But I have stopped going to random classes at whatever studio because I have had too many weird experiences with the teachers– nothing dramatic to report, but on many an occasion, overtly religious chanting, meditation “instruction,” “sharing,” and — this is the studio’s fault– mat-to-mat overcrowding.

Anonymously Anonymous says:

In short, too many the instructors I have come across seem, if innocently well-meaning, very presumptuous and without appropriate ideas of interpersonal boundaries.

Anonymously Anonymous says:

But I do think a yoga practice is wonderful for one’s well-being. And maybe I will one day find the right studio and teacher(s) for me.

In the meantime, I practice at home.

I will admit, the dangers you illustrate in this post had not occured to me.

Rose Rosetree says:

Fascinating, ANONYMOUSLY ANONYMOUS!

About your last line, though, I wouldn’t call it “dangers.” More like “unintended consequences that could work to your detriment.”

I have also had many similar questionable yoga classes.

Once upon a time, I took a yoga class that was very straightforward, and that class was incredible for me.

After I moved from that location, I kept trying to find a class of similar quality.

Instead I found all kinds of classes with “bonuses” built in that I did not want–like the yoga teacher who with only the briefest of warnings, came around and gave each student a few minutes of reiki.

At that time I didn’t no enough to say, no thanks! I just didn’t return.

Actually I also had a yoga teacher who used to talk about Shiva a lot, and classes where we did chanting.

Rose Rosetree says:

KYLIE, your thought-provoking comments have provoked a practical thought from me.

You know that in RES sessions, all Apprentices and Practitioners follow ethical rules. They include “Don’t do anything that involves a client’s personal energies unless you ask permission and receive informed consent.”

Rose Rosetree says:

Over the years I’ve heard so many cringe-worthy stories about healers, cosmetologists, and now yoga teachers, who presumed to do something to a person’s aura: Gratuitous healing.

(And from every account I’ve heard, also ineffective healing.)

Rose Rosetree says:

Very much a product of the New Age Years.

Like offering a child a lollipop before leaving the store.

Only this version goes “Fix the client’s aura. Use some of that fun energy work, because that will keep your clients coming back.”

Very, very wrong! If any of you Blog-Buddies have a chance to educate, please say something.

Valerie says:

This has been a great reminder to me Rose to do research on an instructor of any class I’m interested in attending, as well as the impact the class will have on me.

I also like what anonymous said about paying attention to what is happening with the consciousness in the room. To me this is indeed very important.

Explorer says:

Thank you all for sharing as I can relate to all your comments.

My official yoga journey started before 2012.

At first my interest was purely to improve my physical well being only.

Explorer says:

Gradually I was more and more exposed to different types of yoga, meditation, chanting, healing modalities.

I even took my Reiki training with that same teacher (as a student herself) in her own studio.

Explorer says:

The blind trust I had at the very beginning, started to be replaced with discomfort and confusion.

Confusion so thick and overwhelming that I couldn’t even recognize myself anymore.

Explorer says:

But, as the “good student” that I was (sigh), I questioned my own self worth and not the teacher or the other students in the class.

It was a very small class with the same students for a few years.

Explorer says:

In 2013 (aka after the shift in 2012) I simply stopped going to the classes or attending anything related to that group cold turkey.

I didn’t know why at the time but the discomfort I felt was becoming so traumatic.

Explorer says:

I continued to take my Yoga Teacher Training with a completely different teacher and a group after that.

I wish I new about RES and Aura Soul Thrill Research at the time. I would have saved myself a lot of heartache,time and money.

Explorer says:

One of the greatest lesson all of this thought me is to be a smart consumer instead of blindly trusting an “expert figure” and maybe more importantly to be able to say “No thank you, this is not for me” and move on with confidence without carrying any quilt about it.

An Avid Reader says:

Hi Rose,

There are many forms of healing teachings that advocate that it is not necessary to ask permission!

Or that you only need to muscle test to get permission fro the higher self!

An Avid Reader says:

Some of the ethics (or lack of ethics, more appropriately), is really astounding.

It is difficult to understand how anyone can thing that interfering with another person’s free will is okay.

An Avid Reader says:

Upholding high standards of ethical behavior and respect for the free will of others is one of the things I appreciate about RES.