Face Reading Lin-Manuel Miranda. I’ve got a question for you about that. And also something more routine.
First of all, the routine-ish: Announcing about the upcoming December issue of “Reading Life Deeper.”
And now for the question. My lead article in my monthly newsletter will be Face Reading Lin-Manuel Miranda.
Well, that’s not the question. 😉
While researching headshots of the versatile performer-composer-lyricist… what shocked me?Yes, really. Shocked me. And, at first, puzzled me.
Face Reading Lin-Manuel, Guess What?
Not a single real smile, that’s what. You may already know this man is in Enlightenment. He’s got so much going for him. More creativity than most people could dream of.
(In days to come, you may see further blogging about the mind-boggling array. Amazingly Creative Smiles of Lin-Manuel Miranda!)
But for now, here’s the fascinating part. The kind of smile I couldn’t find.
When writing the newsletter, I spent a ridiculously long amount of time at Google Images. Trying to find something that’s usually so easy to spot.
Face Reading Lin-Manuel, Where’s the Smile?
Face Reading Secrets® does include checking out the structure of a smile. Otherwise, as you may know, physiognomy isn’t about expression.
But if you’ve studied that part of physiognomy, or studied body language (expression included), you can answer this question. Concerning the structure of a smile.
What Happens in a Genuine Smile?
Five specific things:
- You raise the corners of your mouth.
- Lips part.
- Cheeks rise up.
- And then your eyes scrunch up, at least to some degree.
- Causing wrinkles to fan out from the outer corners of each eye.
Bet you can do it. And you do it countless times every day.
But Face Reading Lin-Manuel Miranda, Nope
Apparently He’s Got More Things to Do with His Face.
Many more things.
Hence my request of you.
- If you can find a photo of Mr. Miranda when smiling a regular, authentic smile, please comment below. Include a link to that picture, please.
- Otherwise, here’s something to do for five minutes. See how many different, distinct smile styles you can find on him during all that time. (And yes, by all means, list the links varieties below.) How many smile styles will you find in just five minutes?
- Also, you might want to look again at the five smiling faces in our blog photo today. Which of these models are smiling, as in Duchenne smiles?
- Why do you think that most people (including probably the five at the top of this post) show such variety in how they smile?
- Also add any other kind of comment, of course.
And yes, please do sign up for “Reading Life Deeper” if you haven’t done that yet. Because every issue can help you to respect and love people more.
Just go to the official Rose Rosetree website and follow the easy instructions.