Empath Fixes, Helpful Or Not?

Empath Fixes

Empath Fixes may be faster than learning the system of Empath Empowerment®, but results are what????

Empath Fixes. Let’s take a quick survey of tips and tricks that you’ve heard are supposed to help empaths.

Bringing perspective from RES Energy READING and also RES Energy HEALING:

What really works? What doesn’t?

After you read this post, please comment away. Share any advice you’ve received. Let’s explore.

Empath Fixes #1. Bubble Up

What It Is

Place a golden bubble around yourself, through visualization. This will help you calm down and feel secure. Even in crowds!

What’s Appealing

Clearly, it’s fun to imagine this! And easy.

Convenient: This quick tip can be done in seconds.

No training needed either. All you do is add on the visualization. Which becomes more secure with repetition.

How Helpful, Really?

Busywork of one’s own choosing tends to feel good. So let’s not discount the placebo effect of using any tip or trick for empaths.

Beyond that, this “Bubble Up” technique does something energetic. It creates a thought form. (This book can teach you way more about thought forms, and how to remove unhelpful ones. For a better life.)

What’s wrong with jazzing up your aura with cute, happy thought forms?

• They’re fake. Deep inside, you know they’re false. Guess what? So do other people. Since everyone knows subconsciously about your auric modeling.
  • The harder you work at thought forms, the more they’ll make it hard for you to be yourself. Or authentically feel like yourself.
  • You could Bubble Up all day long, off and on. But you’ll never gain a shred of Empath Empowerment.

Empath Fixes #2. Support Groups for Empaths

What It Is

Go on Facebook and you’ll loads of these groups. Elsewhere too.

The idea is that empaths are vulnerable, fragile people. Constantly having psychic experiences, etc. And their best help comes from helping each other.

What’s Appealing

Suffering people turn into experts, just by sharing. Miraculously, their willingness to share pain heals everyone.

Surely you’ve encountered plenty of examples.

How Helpful, Really?

Yet one more reason to learn energetic literacy, folks! Because when you can read people’s auras, it’s clear. Vulnerable, fragile people don’t have really inspiring auras. But birds of a feather do flock together, seeking consolation.

As You May Know

Empath Empowerment Is Not a Quick Fix, a Tip, or a Trick

Instead it’s a system. A system that you can definitely learn. Probably all you need is this easy 30-day plan for Empath Empowerment. Just 10-12 minutes a day.

Or learn interactively. Through my new online workshops for empaths.

Becoming an Empowered Empath is easy, just not simplistic. Because what’s required for true Empath Empowerment?

Learning how to position your consciousness slightly differently. A super-subtle shift.

After gaining those basic skills I can also teach you how to do Skilled Empath Merge. (Incidentally, this resource includes important clarification on choosing wisely. So you’ll never have to have upsetting experiences from your empath merges.)

Tricks and tips won’t do it.

Sure, many empath helpers claim to make you an Empowered Empath or give you Empath Empowerment. It’s worth knowing, who developed these terms? You just might know the answer to this one.

So maybe you can explain this to me. So far I just don’t understand. Why would an empath teacher with something valuable to offer… have to use the terms I’ve developed… copyrighted as an author and trademarked with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office? Can’t these “experts” find their own names for what they do?

Why Discuss Fixes at All?

Usually I don’t, of course. What keeps me busy? (And happy!) Teaching Empath Empowerment®. Including the online workshops developed last year, leading off with the Free Intro.

But yesterday we had pretty intense comment exchanges at our Cool Contest. Exchanges about progressing as an empath.

It bothered me, the intensity of those exchanges. Especially at a lighthearted contest that had nothing to do with empath skills.

Unusual situations call for unusual fixes. So I’m moving things around, using my Blog Monitor superpowers. Appending here some of the empath discussion, removing it from the contest. Deleting other bits. Slightly editing a lovely comment from GILLIAN.

When quoting, I won’t be changing a word, just adding headings to convey the flow of comments. This sequence began with the topic of showing vulnerability.

From Blog-Buddy JILL

No one has marriage problems, nobody abused alcohol or drugs.

Except, it’s not true. If one does a skilled empath merge (20 minutes,I promise, I’ve read the Master Empath!), one feels their sadness and hopelessness.

I try now to be more careful about whom I skilled merge with. I’ve made mistakes in selecting people!!

Or at least one does if they are an emotional and spiritual empath like me.

From Empath Coach Rose

JILL, you’ve written about being a skilled empath in a way that makes it obvious that, yes, you’ve read “The Master Empath.”

Also, hopefully, you’ve also read the sequence of <a href=”http://rose-rosetree.com/ChooseRightEmpathBookForYou.pdf” title=”empath, empath aura, skilled empath merge, empaths, empath coach” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”>three other books</a> in that series which precede that Book #4.

Hope you don’t mind if I make a few teaching points for all you empaths reading here.

[Earlier] you referred to yourself as an “emotional or spiritual empath.” To this Empath Coach, that’s misleading — and reminds me of help offered to empaths where they’re taught to vaguely refer to themselves as “An emotional empath” (554,000 hits on Google) or “An intuitive empath.” (434,000 hits on Google, and this for a misleading term that probably hurts empaths more than it helps them.)

As you may know from “Become The Most Important Person in the Room,” and even more from “The Empowered Empath — Quick & Easy” and ha ha! even more from “The Empowered Empath: Owning, Embracing and Managing Your Special Gifts — naming and understanding your gifts correctly matters enormously.

Better Names For Emotional and Spiritual Gifts

In contrast to mushing together emotional or spiritual empath gifts, why not be more precise? If you’ve studied Empath Empowerment®, you know that each of the following counts as a distinctive gift!

* Emotional Oneness (Just counted 5 real hits on Google)
Emotional Intuition (Just counted 0 real hits on Google)
* Spiritual Oneness (Just counted 6 real hits on Google)
* Spiritual Intuition (Just counted 0 real hits on Google)

Note: These Google searches also turned up what I’d consider unhelpful articles, like “Empathy Leads to Telepathy.” And “Empaths — The Spiritual Empathy Residing Within Old Souls.”

A Popular Empath Fix Is Oversimplified Naming of Gifts

So, if you feel the need to define yourself in terms of your empath gifts, at least name it right. ?

Thereby detracting from the massive confusion in popular conversations about being an empath.

Personally, I don’t find it helpful to mention your particular empath gifts in public. (Unless you’re teaching people as an Empath Coach and wish to give a personal illustration. Or you’re in a workshop or doing a confidential, personal session with me of Empath Empowerment®.)

Skilled Empath Merges Are About Insights. Not Your Gifts.

Because the point of doing a Skilled Empath Merge is not to emphasize how you receive perceptions. For example, while doing a Skilled Empath Merge you might notice that Joe feels sad and empty and, quite possibly, this information comes to you through any of the following empath gifts. (In other words, none of which are the previously-mentioned emotionally- or spiritually-based empath gifts.)

Physical Intuition (0 real hits on Google)
Physical Oneness (5 real hits on Google)
Intellectual Empath Ability (1 real hit on Google)
* Empath Talent with Astral Beings (1 real hit on Google)
* Molecular Empath Ability (11 real hits on Google)

Well, really, who cares which gifts were at work in providing the information? What counts is the insight, right?

One Final Suggestion

Wow, you’ve read all the way down to here? Thank you.

Please don’t mix together different ways to help yourself as an empath. At least if you’re learning Empath Empowerment.

Add tips and tricks and fixes all you like, otherwise.

But if you are becoming a Skilled Empath or doing Skilled Empath Merge… What won’t help? Adding in things that sound good.

Give Empath Empowerment a chance. And even learn Skilled Empath Merge, if you like. Learning it properly. Transforming life! And that’s the point.

Isabella says:

Thanks for doing this important education, Rose.

It’s understandable that an unskilled empath would want to try pretty much anything to feel better.

I’m grateful there are real empath skills available for those who want them.

Liane says:

Well said, Isabella.

After trying anything and everything to feel better as an empath, I felt worse.

Liane says:

Then a miracle happened.

This blog, Rose’s series of books on the subject, and, whoo-hoo, online workshops!

Liane says:

Still, with all that, I find myself needing continued education with teaching, corrections, reminders, support.

I get that here by reading Rose’s posts and following comments, also by the teaching points she writes in the online workshop forums.

Liane says:

It’s a lot to absorb, all the information available here.

But here is where I learned the difference between being a helpless victim to my empath gifts, or being educated enough to make informed decisions as to which direction I want my life as an empath to go.

Liane says:

Let’s see…. victim empath, Skilled Empath.

Victim empath, Skilled Empath.

I believe I chose wisely : )

Rose Rosetree says:

Laughing and thanking, LIANE.

And, yes, ISABELLA.

KayCee says:

One trick that stands out is being instructed to push out with my energy to stop the influx.

Perhaps seemingly harmless but I was already on the verge of exhaustion, so the results were detrimental.

The advice came from someone who teaches that we are all empaths – also quite a trick, I believe.

KayCee says:

This topic is so important! I still feel strongly about the nature of the ‘help’ I received at that time, more so because it was expensive and I was vulnerable.

Many years of exploration, growth and seeking relief. Gosh, I remember the old Karla McLaren material in the late 90’s (some of which was later scrutinized), and her audio about ‘becoming’ an empath.

Yet, most of my efforts were more general. I only recognized my empath-related needs four or five years ago, after a telling experience.

KayCee says:

Lots to learn. I hear you, Liane!

I’m in it for the long haul. Finally feeling better is how I know I’m on the right path.

Grateful also, like Isabella. 🙂

Rose Rosetree says:

KAYCEE, thanks for all your comments.

Including the specifics you’ve given out about a particular empath technique, which I’ll call “Pushing out Energy.”

So I’m going to go into RES-style specifics. Not with the intent of criticizing someone else who is trying to help empaths. But aiming to help empaths by bringing discernment.

Rose Rosetree says:

Before I get started, let me supplement your recollection of Karla McLaren.

In case you’re curious about empath history, I preceded her when publishing in this field. Self-publishing “Empowered by Empathy” — the first book in English for empaths.

By now, ridiculously out of date. Replaced by my four Empath Empowerment® how-to’s. 😉

Rose Rosetree says:

When I googled, looking for context about Push Out Energy, I found the undoubtedly well-intended Bill Farr. Who offers “The Art of Unity.” He has apparently offered a five-part series to tell empaths all they need to know.

One tip-off to lack of depth knowledge? Sigh! How he refers to “Emotional Empath.” Just what was written about in the main post here!

Rose Rosetree says:

I can’t tell, of course, whether he has originated the Push Out Energy “technique” or adapted it from somebody else.

According to his Tip #3:

“Center yourself by concentrating on your breath. This can connect you back to yourself. Start with deep breaths, then push out negative energy with strong exhales. Inhale positive while light creating calm.”

What It Is

One idea here is to “center yourself.”

Translating this into the sort of knowledge I’ve gained from reading auras, in general, and teaching “The New Strong,” in particular…

Rose Rosetree says:

What do people do whenever trying to center themselves? They move awareness to astral vibrational frequencies in order to live more fully in human vibrational frequencies.

Not just a logical paradox! In practice it doesn’t work, either.

What Else It Is

With the Push Out Energy tip, you imagine (some way or other) that when you breathe out you are pushing out the negative energy of other people.

I say “some way or other” because breathing is breathing and astral energy is astral energy and visualization or imagination can make them seem combined. But imagination can also make you quite certain that if you practice long enough thinking about being 7 feet tall, your physical body will lengthen.

And it’s not quite clear to me why — apart from an empath’s drive to feel better — breath would help you to move out one particular kind of energy, rather than some other kind of energy. (And if you don’t know there’s more than two kinds of energy, that’s the mark of being a sweet beginner.)

Why It’s Appealing?

Got suffering?

Think you’re an empath?

And do you ever notice emotions? Which, evidently could qualify you to consider yourself “an Emotional Empath”…. (Not true, says Empath Coach Rose. But anyway…)

Want something simple to understand? Also something simple to do!

Can you also breathe? Then you’ve hit the jackpot, I guess. Push Out Energy. Add placebo effect. Stir.

Rose Rosetree says:

Plus let’s add this fascinating kind of appeal.

If you’re living in The Age of Awakening, you’re energy sensitive. And folks with this kind of energy awareness don’t necessarily have much energetic literacy.

Beginners typically think they “know it all” when they decide that some energy is good and other energy is bad.

Speaking of which, there’s Mr. Farr’s simple way to get rid of your bad energy.

How Helpful, Really?

Score a point for busywork!

Score another point for placebo effect.

Otherwise? Worse than just a waste of time.

Here’s why I think so.

Problem #1 with Push Out Energy

There’s clearly no discernment about types of “bad energy.” In RES, we practitioners know of dozens of very specific forms of STUFF.

Plus we have very specific techniques for permanent STUFF-removal and PUT-IN to help with a stronger soul expression.

The kind of STUFF that empaths get, seems to me, is one specific kind: Imported STUFF.

Rose Rosetree says:

Nothing about Push Out Energy would be effective for permanently removing Imported STUFF.

Or, for that matter, permanently removing any of the other kinds of STUFF, where you might get help in a personal session of RES Energy HEALING!

Problem #2 with Push Out Energy

Nothing suggested by Bill Farr — including his Push Out Energy Tip #3 — offers any hope of prevention. As in “Stop taking on Imported STUFF.”

Seems to this Empath Coach, it’s irresponsible to claim to help empaths if you can’t teach them how to do that. In a way that actually works!

His advice to visualize an “Egg of Light” is like the tip discussed previously in the “Bubble Up” section of our main post here. Doesn’t work at all.

As becomes obvious if you have gained at least Stage 3 Energetic Literacy. A life skill that you can definitely learn.)

Rose Rosetree says:

Problem #3 is the real biggie.

Unfortunately, Bill Farr’s set of “Coping Tips for Empaths” is guaranteed to accomplish one thing. Spiritual Addiction.

Because you’re sure to do way more than 20 Daily Minutes of Technique Time.

Especially if you’re keen to get actual results, you might spend hours altogether each day. Doggedly doing the various things Farr advocates. Each and every one of which propels your awareness away from human reality.

Forms of Technique Time such as:

l. Adjusting your energies through Push Out Energy.
    2. Stopping the natural flow of life so you can identify your negative emotions, delving into them so you can be very specific.
    3. Trying to figure out the energetic source of your emotions.
    4. Constantly monitoring your thoughts.
    5. Repeatedly visualizing your Magical Fix-Everything Egg of Light.
    6. Making sure you associate only with “positive” people. Think about that! This would necessitate checking out everyone so you can judge whether they’re “positive” enough. Not interacting as a human being. Nope. Playing the role of energy judge.

Rose Rosetree says:

Oh, there’s more, KAYCEE and other Blog-Buddies.

So much more!

One way to sum up the impact of Bill Farr’s advice to empaths is to use some Stage Three Energetic Literacy. Reading his aura from the (handsome) photo he supplies in his blog post.

In which case you’ll find a good man… living in Spiritual Addiction.

For you, too, using his empath tips could result in a certain blissy contentment. Indulge if you like, by all means. Just don’t think this is a rapid way to evolve spiritually or humanly. It’s called Spiritual Addiction for a reason.

Rose Rosetree says:

So yes, KAYCEE and fans of KAYCEE, here’s your wad of discernment concerning Push Out Energy.

Why offered here?

Because way too much that’s touted to help empaths is, for technical reasons, never going to work. Apart from producing busywork satisfaction and the placebo effect.

Rose Rosetree says:

And yes, in particular, I’ve just had it with how empaths who study with me are — sometimes — also carrying along these ideas. Like they want it both ways.

Not as you did, KAYCEE, along your journey. Studying different empath resources in sequence. Do A. Then B. Then give C a chance.

More like well-meaning empaths who start to explore Empath Empowerment®. However, they’re still bringing along old things they learned. Like referring to themselves as “Emotional Empaths” or Pushing Out Energy many times a day, just in case.

Rose Rosetree says:

Please, empaths who are curious to explore Empath Empowerment®, either use this method alone or wait until you’re willing to do so.

When you’re ready:

Take my free multi-lesson Online Workshop for Empaths. (And maybe continue with Empath 101 and Empath 102.)

Or pay the $14.95 for “Become the Most Important Person in the Room.” (Less for the eBook.)

Find out what either or both of these resources can produce for you. Just give them a real chance.

KayCee says:

Very interesting and helpful, Rose. Reinforcing the benefits of simply-basic skills helps me click them into place. It’s been real work building a new routine!

One good thing about being in bad shape when I came here: I’ve had no desire to hang on to old ways.

I knew they weren’t working but I had no earthly idea what would! I can relate to something in each of the success stories in The New Strong.

KayCee says:

I’m afraid you may have given my ‘person’ too much credit. I’m comfortable saying she’s not in the same category with well-meaning people trying to help empaths.

Not much thought went into the Push Energy Out trick. It was all about me not shining bright enough.

Supposedly as simple as finding any way I could to simply push out more light..

Ultimately, just another form of positive thinking aka bypass, strengthening spiritual addiction.

KayCee says:

Thankful I didn’t stay around long. Tempted to say I wish I’d found your work sooner afterward.

But, those couple of years in between were ripe with experiences that prepared me to be a serious student. ?

KayCee says:

Still sifting through, collecting surprise jewels of understanding in the casual sort of way one finds shells in the sand.

Numerous awakenings opened me to heartfelt beauty and growth – yet – I also moved away from everyday ordinary goodness.

Thanks for all this, and for reminding me to loop back and finish the empath workshop!

Dana K says:

Just a quick thank you for your work Rose.

Never, ever, ever would I have thought the fun discovery of being an empath plus learning about consciousness in the ways that only becoming a skilled empath could have taught me was in store.

Not to mention the very practical benefits to life when skilled vs unskilled. Also, to think that we are all contributors to the evolving of empaths, simply by being skilled. Wow!

Lindsey says:

Excellent education right here in this blog for any struggling empath! The comments are priceless and the tools, i.e.; Empath Empowerment Online Workshops, Empath Empowerment books by Rose, and RES personal sessions have all improved my life and helped me get some much needed education about what it is to be an empath, what happens, and how to turn these empath talents off and on safely (keeping them off as a default setting naturally without getting into spiritual addiction).

Lindsey says:

Also, with all this new knowledge and skill, the bonus is enjoying being an empath, instead of experiencing it as a curse or burden of some kind .

Yaaay!

Lindsey says:

Thank you soooo very much Rose and blog buddies for sharing here!

This is a great article for me to return to and to share with empath friends. 🙂

Lindsey says:

BTW, still my favorite empath book is, “Become The Most Important Person In The Room”!

Easy to use, one lesson every day and a whole lot of fun!

Rose Rosetree says:

KAYCEE and LINDSEY, you’re inspiring me. Thank you so much.

And DANA K, when you find time to comment here (and, yes, I do have some idea of how busy you are), those comments of yours are so power-packed. Thanks to you, too.

KayCee says:

“… Also, to think that we are all contributors to the evolving of empaths, simply by being skilled. Wow!”

Wow is right! Appreciating your part, Dana, and for sharing a viewpoint that makes me smile.

KayCee says:

Rose, I’m pleased that you linked here today. There are comments I’d missed.

Lovely to know I can be of any inspiration at all, thank YOU.

In the thick of things, I may have given up hope for such a thing. (Not meaning to be dismal, just sayin. It’s important!)