Soul Group Obligation?

Soul Group Obligation

Soul Group Obligation. Must you be your (soul) brother’s keeper?

Soul Group Obligation. If you learn that a member of your Soul Group lives in spiritual addiction, do you have an obligation to rescue her?

Before reading further, what’s your personal answer? Based on what you know so far about being in a Soul Group.

Then let the educational process begin!

The Soul Group Obligation Idea

In the first place, let’s consider the idea that you are obligated to help other members of your Soul Group.

Inspiring today’s blog post, here’s a lovely comment from EVOLVING:

How do you handle being friends with someone from your soul group who is in spiritual addiction?

I feel like I am supposed to guide her or be of some influence.

At the same time I have my own self to figure out.

Such a sweet and loyal reaction! Doesn’t it make you want to be her friend?

First of All, the Soul Group Idea

How did the idea of “Soul Group” even come up? EVOLVING chose a session of RES Energy READING. Since she wanted to know what was going on energetically with her best friend Gladys.

Unfortunately, the news wasn’t great. Turned out, Gladys has been living in a bit of a dreamworld. Also known as “spiritual addiction.”

Not exactly what EVOLVING wanted to hear. But there it was in one of Gladys’s chakra databanks after another, plain as the glow on her face!

During the session, EVOLVING shared this:

She felt an instant closeness with Gladys.  As though she already knew her, right from the start.

Blog-Buddies, ever wonder why that kind of thing happens?

Three Possibilities, Including Soul Group

Instant closeness? Of course, it can grab your attention, if you’re a thoughtful person. Especially if you’re energy sensitive. (Due to some degree of spiritual awakening.)

Based on my experience helping clients, there are three possibilities:

1. You are a member of the same Soul Group.
  2. In your Life Contract, you’ve got some “meant-to-be” karma you’ve agreed to. Like having the person marry you and steal your money. (The late Sylvia Browne wrote about that one.) Also known as a “karmic set-up.”
  3. Some other reason. Such as both of you being desperate to make a close friend. Or belonging to the same cult. Or having a strong sexual attraction…. dominating your relationship. So many reasons are possible!

In any of these cases, what would be wise? To do exactly as EVOLVING did. Book a session of RES Energy Reading.

Practical Possibilities for RES Sessions

Maybe start with an aura reading based on Joe or Gladys’ photo. (With this link, scroll down to the purple section on “Clarity.”)

Then research what was going on, aurically,  when you were together. (With this link, scroll down to the second video, on “Energetic Holograms.”)

Strongly recommended: Then do a follow-up session of Soul Thrill® Aura Research.  (With this link, scroll down to the purple section on “Soul Thrill® Aura Research.”)

To learn about that person’s impact on you and your chakra databanks. In such a session, you could also research:

Different ways of relating to Gladys, such as:

• Mention during your next conversation, “I have an idea about a problem you may be having. Would you like to hear it?”
  • Continue being best friends, as though Gladys wasn’t in spiritual addiction.
  • Limit your friendship, at least until Gladys decides to get herself out of spiritual addiction.
  • Make it your job to rescue her. Perhaps influenced by a mistaken idea that Soul Group membership entails responsibility. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

What Is a Soul Group?

Reincarnation happens. You, as an eternal soul, have undoubtedly lived before. In many human embodiments.

Otherwise, it’s unlikely that you’d have the degree of spiritual awakening you do!

Given that, you probably belong to a Soul Group. Some souls with whom you feel a kinship. So you choose to incarnate with them, sometimes.

And after one (or more) of you finishes a lifetime, then you visit. Comparing notes.

Probably you’ve got hundreds in your Soul Group. So you’re not dependent upon any of them, and vice versa.

Are You Your Soul Group Brother’s Keeper?

Clearly, different opinions abound. Responding to the age-old question, “Am I my brother’s keeper?”

To many a devout Christian, the answer is yes. Decidedly yes.

But to me, the answer is a definite no.

• Partly due to my experience as an Enlightenment Coach.
  • Partly as a result of helping a lot of clients with RES Energy HEALING.
  • Most importantly, due to one of my specialties within RES Energy HEALING and also RES Enlightenment Coaching: Helping folks get out of cults.

With all respect to beautiful people of faith… to me, the “brother’s keeper” idea is typical cult mind control.

Plus, Impossible with Soul Group Members

You’ve got hundreds of them, right? Even a good Catholic or Mormon family isn’t going to give you 99 X 2 or 3 brothers!

The idea of taking responsibility for them is, frankly, ludicrous.

Particularly since this isn’t a human family, with a wise Mom and Pop. Every member of the Soul Group is an evolving soul. Just some of the possibilities:

1. One lifetime, Gladys might have been EVOLVING’s mother.
  2. In a different lifetime, her child.
  3. In a completely different lifetime, her ski instructor.
  4. And totally likely, in some different lifetime, her rapist!

You get the idea, Blog-Buddies.

Any kind of relationship is possible. Including some with behavior that might be quite destructive. Even criminal.

And it was planned out that way, for paying back karma. Including an instant closeness to start. All built into that part of the Life Contract.

If you’d like to know more about this, I recommend this magnificent book by Robert Schwartz, now called “Your Soul’s Plan” and formerly known as “Courageous Souls.”

What I Wonder about Soul Groups

Personally, I wonder if Soul Groups work a little differently now anyway. In the Age of Awakening. Because now we have a completely new, amazing possibility within a lifetime. Virtual Reincarnation.

Given that, our free will choices can allow us to evolve far more rapidly than other members of the original Soul Group.

Perhaps you, for instance, are in the process of shifting over to a different Soul Group.

And depending on how fast you evolve and how many virtual reincarnations you go through in this lifetime… Who knows who will be your peers?

If, for instance, you move into Enlightenment in this lifetime. A distinct possibility!

Lillian says:

An excellent topic.

Julie says:

Intriguing post! I can attest that having a compelling connection with someone does not necessarily mean it is wise to know that person.

But rather, wise to notice their behavior. And wise to note (and act on) any concerns within myself about that behavior.

Meant to be. Or meant to be learned from?

Or avoided, to whatever extent shrewdness might be able to do that.

Emily T says:

So interesting…! Useful to think about.

Julie I like what you have written too: “meant to be, or meant to be learned from…”

Evolving says:

Thanks for this post Rose. It has been quite helpful. I will bring it up and see how it goes.

Jean says:

Great!

Love the delineations you draw Rose under the ‘Three Possibilities’ heading.

I too wonder about changing soul groups/soul group members…in this Age of Awakening.

Jean says:

Yes Julie – appreciate your comment. 🙂
    Perhaps meant to be as well as meant to be learned from…

Liane says:

As a former ‘my brother’s keeper’ person, this post is so refreshing.

We’re all on our own journey, exclusively, with or without the pre-arranged agreements.

Liane says:

This may have been part of the agreement; either we evolve faster than others in our soul group, or they do.

Then I’m right back where I started, either I’m my brother’s keeper, or a judgemental elitist.

Liane says:

Somewhere in the midst of self-authority, common sense, and compassion is my answer.

Thank you, Rose, and Evolving, and Julie for comment #2!

Lo says:

Thank you for the great recommendation of the book “Your Soul’s Plan.”

Great book!

Very helpful in understanding not only the soul group concept, but also many of the purposes of adversity on Earth as healing and learning tools.

Lo says:

Great to learn that it’s not “punishment” as I believed it must be growing up.

Rather that our souls get the challenges we need in order to grow ourselves and collectively.

LO, I’m so glad you enjoyed Robert’s book. It would be appropriate for me to mention that I don’t agree with everything he wrote, nor endorse his ideas. Including some that were implied in both your comments.

However, each of you Blog-Buddies is gathering your personal understanding, refining your own belief system. So you’ll put together what works for you.

Lilian says:

I’d like to reply to Liane’s comments…

“To wait for them, or to exclude them from our lives – to me neither one seems appropriate.”

Lilian says:

Sometimes the lesson is that there is no happy medium.

Personally, I spent years managing certain people and situations.

I was so immersed in it, I didn’t realise how difficult the situations I was managing for other were. I’m naturally a forgiving person, so the seriousness of the situations I was dealing with didn’t register as much as they should.

Lilian says:

It took me getting so exhausted that I couldn’t get on with my own life in a major way, that I had to make the logical decision to stop.

It wasn’t anger, or not being able to handle the people involved.

Lilian says:

This opened my eyes to how my efforts scale with a lot of the people I encounter.

There’s no point agonising. If someone is eg. self absorbed, complaining, always thinking their life is so much harder than everyone else’s etc then that is who they are… being too nice to them just makes them dependent on you, but doesn’t make them grow any faster.

Lilian says:

That’s the thing, if you’re not actually helping anyone to learn or grow, then it might be better for them to figure things out at their own pace.

Lilian says:

Actually, a big part of the reason I went into spiritual addiction was the technique time I was spending trying to work around this kind of thing, seeing the good is everyone, wondering why they acted in certain ways if they were good people.

I always feel better is I am in “loving” mode, but that is actually a kind of self-indulgence. Resentment, disappointment, anger, distain, these are all helpful human emotions for a reason.

Lilian says:

So, I chose to work in a profession that serves… I spend 9 hours a day doing that.

Have done for years.

Lilian says:

I’ve put a lot on the line for that and I’ve planned my life around finding ways of doing this…. If I don’t indulge every idiot that comes my way, it’s allowed.

I’d like to focus on those who can most benefit from my friendship rather than creating more work for myself.

Lilian says:

Basically, human pride can get caught up in what we invest time and energy in, whether or not it seems good on the surface.

But then, who does it really serve? What does it prove?

Lilian says:

We know we serve someone else
    We have swallowed our pride
    We march to this tune of loss
    We take this in our stride – Mind in a box, stalkers

LILIAN, thank you for sharing that hard-won wisdom. So many gems here!

liane says:

Brilliang, Lilian! Especially, for me, comments 17 and 20.

Farah says:

Hi Rose. I think that I have lost my Soul Group. There is nobody I feel connected to anymore. Is this possible?

FARAH, welcome to this website about RES, a unique specialty for emotional and spiritual growth, using energy healing skills that work now — in The Age of Awakening.

Because this isn’t a website about psychic work, your question (as you’ve worded it in Comment 25) isn’t really something I could help with.

In case it’s helpful to you, here’s how I’m going to reword your question:

I haven’t been feeling right. Including not feeling connected to other people. I don’t really know why, and I’m wondering, might you be able to help me?

And then the answer would be:

Thanks for reaching out, FARAH. I have sometimes been able to help clients with this problem. Here’s background about some of the energy HEALING skills of RES.
    And this article can show you more specifically how I might be able to help you in a personal session. Good luck!