Spiritual Illusion Busters. (Your Growth Path Deserves Success.)

Spiritual Illusion Busters

Spiritual Illusion Busters. If you’re looking for authentic results, you could do better than do the equivalent of blowing soap bubbles

Spiritual Illusion Busters. All along you were spiritual. But maybe you haven’t been so clear about what “spiritual” really means. As you gain clarity, your path might change. Here’s why.

What Have You Been Aiming for, Anyway?

If you asked them, millions of people would tell you this. “I’m not religious, but I’m spiritual.

Might you be one of those people?

Then what does spiritual mean to you? (Yes, here’s my direct invitation to you to share. Comment below to gain the most from today’s post + commenting festivity.)

Whatever growth path you’ve been pursuing, it has led you to today. Wonderful!

Possibly today’s blog post may help you to fine-tune what you’re doing. Wonderful, too!

Because that spiritual quest of yours has a pretty new asset to bring success. You’re living now in The Age of Awakening. A time when millions of people can move all the way to Enlightenment. But not if they’re fuzzy about what they’re going after. Following feel-good illusions. Or pursuing paths that worked fine before the Shift on December 21, 2012. But now? Not so well. Which brings up…

Spiritual Illusion Busters — Understandings for Now

Did you just gloss over the previous paragraph here? Meaning, the part about The Age of Awakening.

In a way, I don’t blame you. Seems to me a great deal of well-meaning nonsense exists on:

• The Shift
  • The Aquarian Age
  • Or the Age of Aquarius
  • and the Age of Energy
  • Even some pretty questionable theories about The Age of Awakening. My preferred term for it.

My suggestion: What if you’d like to know more about this big-deal change? And even become a leader at using today’s new vibrational freedom! Here are two practical resources. “The New Strong” as a book. And “The New Strong” as an on-demand, online workshop, free intro included.

Anyway, just last week, I got an email from an old friend who is working with a group of friends to prepare for Ascension.

Spiritual Illusion Busters Exhibit A: Ascension

Folks, there isn’t going to be any Ascension.

Nor will it help one smidgen to look forward to any Rapture.

Let’s get real, and live in human reality. That’s the basis for busing through spiritual illusions. And really growing.

Today I’m launching a series of posts to help of Spiritual Illusion Busters. For today, it would be great if you’d share:

Which illusions have you smashed through, pursuing your spiritual path?

Also, are you one of our Blog-Buddies who has crossed the threshold into Enlightenment? Then please share what you’ve learned about smashing through spiritual illusions. Because one of the characteristics of Enlightenment is loosening the grip of illusions.

Bella says:

Hi Rose

The further I go along my ‘spiritual path’ the less ‘spirituality’ is something separate that I do or aspire to and the more it’s just life.

The major bust for me has been dropping the constant belief that I needed to ‘be better’ to reach enlightenment, and that ‘spiritual’ was somehow superior to all else – now it’s just life – not life ‘made spiritual’ by me but just life as it is, mess and all.. such a relief!

Bella says:

It feels a lot of spiritual work out there supports that implication that you’re not good enough and as any teacher of anything should know that’s a huge barrier to learning and growing.

Thank you so for all this much needed no-nonsense work you are doing! It all rings so true!

BELLA, thanks for your first contribution at this thread. And you found that no-nonsense aspect pretty fast, although I’m not above making silly jokes from time to time.

I’m curious. Given what you’ve written, do you think there’s any role for spiritual teachers? Do you believe that just living is a rapid path towards Enlightenment?

Also, maybe you’re familiar with the concept of STUFF stuck in auras. Do you think that’s going to go away on its own, just by living?

At one extreme, there’s a path of constant fixing. Which, I agree, doesn’t work well now. But it sounds as if you’re advocating the opposite extreme: Do nothing and you’ll evolve. Is that latter choice your current path?

Or maybe you’re more in the middle. Please share. As you know, BELLA, there is no one right way to evolve spiritually.

Ethan says:

I’ve smashed through the illusion that psychic readings were 100% true and helpful to my life. I used to have a psychic on speed dial for many years.

Silly me to assume that all the information was of divine quality and not lies.

Aw, ETHAN. You weren’t silly to experiment in this way. You were seeking. And there’s a third possibility about those psychic readings. Perhaps they were psychic, or astral, quality.

And then later, like many, you got ready to graduate to a more spiritual path. It is a misunderstanding probably, not intentionally a lie, when psychics call their work “spiritual.” They just haven’t learned that kind of discernment.

Ethan says:

Thank you Rose-I was seeking.

I discovered RES and started to learn to trust life to unfold and started to understand free will and karma more and more.

I stopped calling the psychic so often and haven’t in some time now.

Sophie G. says:

Ethan, I did the same for several years (many years ago now).

It gave me some false kind of secure feeling that I was lacking.

Sophie G. says:

I don’t feel secure or safe about life today either, but I have grown to accept it. Life on earth is for bold people, so I have to accept that I signed this bold life contract!

Sophie G. says:

So today I make everday-decisions just by myself and trust myself and for more ‘important’ things I sometimes have an RES-research session.

Ethan says:

Thanks for your comments Sophie G-I’m glad I’m not the only one who was feeling insecure about life on Earth School:)

Julie says:

Living as a renunciate or semi-renunciate while hoping for gains in my human life is how I used to be spiritual.

Now with less of a mixed message, I live as a householder and pursue the human goals more directly.

Julie says:

Not looking for attraction to bring me good things, as many had suggested would “just happen”.

But actively looking at what I can do to make good things happen.

With a dose of divine help in technique time.

Julie says:

I am grateful for Rose as a master teacher. I think it would be lonely, and rather perilous, to not have a teacher!

Considering the many possible ways of getting stuck, going astray, or just mired in illusions that are thick, thick, thick.

Some sweet comments here (including one of yours, JULIE, that just bowled me over).

For clarity, I’d like to rephrase some of the illusion smashing that I’ve seen in these recent comments. Afterwards I’d love if you’d weigh in and say that I did name the illusion properly or that I missed the mark — then you can go ahead and it it.

BELLA, from your Comment #1, I think it’s a common illusion that in order to reach Enlightenment we have to become different from who we really, authentically are.

An illusion well worth smashing, seems to me.

ETHAN, from your Comments #5 and 7, I think the big illusion takeaway is that psychic development makes you more spiritual.

Likewise that following advice from psychic readings will help you to evolve spiritually.

The problem with this illusion is not in the people doing intuitive work. Because I’ve been friends with many over the years, and they really believe in this idea (which I find to be an illusion).

Actually, ETHAN, you implied another illusion as well.

Obedience as the main thing we need to do on a spiritual path. As in, surrender to The Big Authority.

However, we’re no longer living in The Age of Faith. In The Age of Awakening, that doesn’t work any more. Many illusions that confuse us today are leftovers from before the Shift. Beautiful old ideals that have become some of today’s most crippling illusions for spiritual seekers. Instead we can benefit from some beautiful new ideals, new rules, and smarter strategies.

Free will — which you rightly mentioned as a non-illusion, ETHAN — can smash any number of additional illusions about spiritual growth. Such as:

* The right teacher for me will appear. (Why?)

* God will answer my prayers, so all I need do is ask God to help me.

Even this one:

* When I surrender in meditation, I will be given the reward of Enlightenment.

And JULIE, both of us know this illusion from personal experience — and hard-won recovery:

Seeking Enlightenment, I must live as a renunciate (a nun or monk, a recluse, etc.)

Finally, from comments so far, another real gem of empowerment from Julie is to let go illusions like these from Law of Attraction:

* If I only believe enough, I will attract my perfect spiritual teacher.
    * If only I passionately believe that Enlightenment is possible for me, God will give it to me.
    * Problem situations in my life are attracted only because people are really my mirror. If I learn the psychological or spiritual lessons from these mirror-people, I’ll become fully self-actualized.

Sophie G. says:

‘Problem situations in my life are attracted only because people are really my mirror. If I learn the psychological or spiritual lessons from these mirror-people, I’ll become fully self-actualized.’

– This is a good one.

Sophie G. says:

Some people have used this as a kind of ‘weapon’ towards me and it has made me really upset.

Oh, SOPHIE G, isn’t that a wacky twist on illusions. I’m so sorry that happened.

In a way, though, kinda hilarious. If I read your comments correctly, Gladys felt upset at you. Then called you a twisted mirror of her problems and how dare you make her evolve in that way? Euwwwww. Maybe not the best way for Gladys to express her friendship.

Zinnia says:

Great blog topic and comments! Thank you.

I related to the spiritual belief, that everything in this world is an illusion created by the mind of God.

Zinnia says:

The experiences I had were interpreted to be in alignment with this belief only because of the ideals of the age of faith model I so rigorously practiced of surrendering all my human suffering, problems, my desires and goals and basically my entire human identity to God in order to transcend this world and experience Divine Truth/Love.

Zinnia says:

This is a lovely path in the age of faith being a monk or nun, however, as I have learned myself, for a householder living now, in the age of awakening, it creates many inbalances not only relating to human life but also actually was a hindrance and obstacle to Enlightenment for me.

Zinnia says:

The illusion that the world is not real was a big illusion to smash through and to get me interested again in my human life and evolving humanly in lovely ways.

Zinnia says:

Now, I solve problems using my speech and action, I improve my relationships this same way instead of allowing for bad behavior from someone because of the old illusion “they are not really there, they are a projection of my mind and don’t matter”, etc…

Ewe!

Zinnia says:

By putting more attention into my human life instead of in the pursuit of renuncing it, I so safely rolled into a better human life and a much more interesting Enlightenment, the New Age of Awakening kind…

Zinnia says:

And for ME, this New Age of Awakening Enlightenment is an evolution from the traditional because of the age we live in now.

I had my share of problems pursuing the path of traditional Enlightment and have first hand experienced some once enlightened beings go “sideways” and get into some problems.

Zinnia says:

This new path is definitely what I signed up for this life and I am so happy I did. I feel more balanced in my life than I have ever felt before and more human!

Thank you God and thank you Rose and RES for being here. I am so grateful!

ZINNIA, you’ve made a remarkable contribution here. Absolutely, you’re on the RES Enlightenment Life List. So you know wherof you speak.

“The illusion of life as illusion” is true for Traditional Enlightenment. However, for Age of Awakening Enlightenment it’s really an illusion. For spiritual seeking now, please check out any Non-Duality teacher or Enlightenment expert who tries to lead you away from life, in that — said with due respect — by now, outdated approach.

Dave says:

I can tell you about spiritual ideals in the part of Texas where I live. How can you tell that a man is really, really successful at life? In descending order of importance:

1. His car
    2. His haircut
    3. His number of followers on Instagram

Speaking of illusions, and why people hold onto them…

Today I came across a fascinating article that, basically, relates holding onto illusions to how flexibly people can think.

Take a look. Let me know if you find this article… consoling.