Christy Smith Aura, Skilled Empath Merge

Christy Smith Aura

Christy Smith Aura. When a Skilled Empath Merge explores what it’s like to be this magnificent survivor, who has lost 90% of her hearing.

Christy Smith Aura — I’ll researching it for you today. And for a pretty unusual reason.

Lately, as you may know, I’ve been doing Aura Reading Movie Reviews. Drilling down, in consciousness. Aiming to learn about Oscar-nominated acting performances. Next up is responding to a request that I research…  the much-lauded performance of Sally Hawkins, in “The Shape of Water.”

Before then, I decided to research somebody who really has a hearing disability. Eventually, I found Christy Smith. And what a find she is!

Such a Bold Survivor

Her claim to fame is being a deaf contestant on the CBS reality television series Survivor: The Amazon. Following that, she co-founded  Discovering Deaf Worlds.

Granted, she has learned to speak. According to Wikipedia, Christy Smith was born premature. Weighing less than 2 pounds. As a baby, she pulled out her air tube. And ended up losing 90 percent of her hearing. Although deaf, she is skilled in lip reading and American Sign Language.

And she graduated from Gallaudet University, the famed school for those with a hearing disability.  Since I live in the Washington, D.C. area, I’ve met many Gallaudet students, even had one for a client.

Under such circumstances, speaking is a heroic achievement. Imagine the difficult, having little or no hearing. Yet managing to talk and lip read. Seems to me, Christy Smith’s soul-stirring kind of courage is contagious to witness.

Christy Smith Aura. Explored through Skilled Empath Merge

First of all, here’s the photo of Christy Smith that I’ll use today. Like aura reading, regular photos can serve as a basis for Skilled Empath Merge.

For the first time ever at this blog, I’ll probe into the aura of a person with a significant hearing disability. Seems to me, this job deserves the most in-depth form of aura reading. A Skilled Empath Merge. Come share the experience with me!

Maybe some empath-type background would be helpful for some of you Blog-Buddies. If you’re reading today’s post, there’s a good chance that you’re an empath. Since 1 in 20 people was born as an empath. Meaning that you have at least one significant, lifelong gift. A gift for directly experiencing what it’s like to be another person.

Although I published the first book for empaths in English, whew! I sure haven’t dominated the conversation.

If you’ve heard about “intuitive empaths” or “psychic empaths” etc., you can do yourself a big favor. Simply educate yourself about empath skills. As described here.

Alternatively, these two new resources may be my most practical ones yet:

Christy Smith Aura #1. Root Chakra Databank for

Making Contact with Physical Reality

Feeling separate from other human beings. Fundamentally different. As if she’ll never fit in.

Scar tissue galore shows in this chakra databank. Whenever I find scar tissue, I’m impressed.

Because it signifies that somebody overcame adversity. Magnificently overcoming. Beyond the “best case response” aimed for in a life contract.

Seems to me, Christy Smith has two different types of scar tissue. Showing in this chakra databank and elsewhere:

• Some of the scar tissue relates to being deaf.
  • Even more of that scar tissue results from how she handled her life as a preemie. Including the shocking, painful injury I mentioned earlier in today’s post. An injury that cost this fragile baby 90% of her hearing.

What an exceptionally strong person, this Christy Smith!

Christy Smith Aura #2. Root Chakra Databank for Trusting Life

Strong and fierce, Christy Smith insists on having a full life. Showing fearlessness! Living juicy!

Granted, the photo I’m using for this Skilled Empath Merge involves pushing herself. Shows right in Christy Smith’s facial expression.

Still, I couldn’t make a face to muster up this kind of physical courage. Regardless of how hard I tried. Because Christy Smith has planted herself firmly in reality. As a human among other humans. No “disability” nonsense.

Christy Smith Aura #3. Solar Plexus Chakra Databank for Sharing Power

First time, researching what it’s like to be Christy Smith, I encounter sorrow. And a deep, longstanding sorrow at that.

Mostly, Christy Smith’s this chakra databank reveals strength. Personal power active, ready for whatever challenge life offers.

Yet underlying this is a sense that there’s a big wall. Enforced by life. (And maybe related to the lifelong hearing disability.) But the main point is, enforced. Not voluntary. More like a barrier that she will ever be able to break through.

So that Christy Smith will try to use her power, sharing it with others. Definitely ready to share. Yet, again and again, she can get only so far and no more.

Here I’ll point out something which you may know from personal experience. If you’ve had even one session with an RES Expert. A session of RES Energy Healing.

The sort of suffering I’ve just described… Completely different from a lifelong condition, like a physical disability. What I’ve just described reeks of emotional and spiritual pain, stuck in Christy Smith’s aura. In short, it’s “STUFF” stuck in her aura.

Quoting one of our mottoes in RES, this kind of STUFF can always, always, always be healed.

Christy Smith Aura #4. Heart Chakra Databank for Emotional Growth

Emotional growth is shut down. At least at the time of this photo.

Survival has to come first, right? And survival needs come up repeatedly in everyday life. According to this shut-down chakra databank. Also, according to common sense.

Christy Smith Aura #5. High Heart Chakra Databank for Soul Thrill

(Expressing Your Soul)

Sacred and, even, saintly. Yes, that’s the glorious impact of this chakra databank belonging to Christy Smith.

Divine blessing radiates strongly. Bringing comfort, and adding strength as Christy Smith walks an uncommonly difficult path. Not only thriving as a woman with a hearing disability. But also taking an active role to change collective consciousness.

Yes, that’s part of my experience of this Skilled Empath Merge. As if, at the deep level of this chakra databank, Christy Smith understands very well that’s she’s playing a part. Not as a reality show star or an actress. Rather, a part as mover-and-shaker here at Earth School.

Many a strong soul, living now, plays a role. Not just to help people grow more socially aware, as in calling themselves “woke.” But to show forth free will in action, and how much we can accomplish. Leading to possibility. Even spiritual awakening. And even, ultimately, Enlightenment.

In Conclusion

Personally, one of my highest aspirations is to help stop the victim culture. Idealizing how difficult life events force a person to live as a proud victim.

Even what Washington Post columnist George Will has wittily described as “the coveted status of victim.” Note: He coined this term in a despicable, nasty (and not uncharacteristic) opinion piece. Like many, I found the rest of what he wrote there, reprehensible.

Differently awful is America’s constant glamorizing of victimhood. As the founder of RES, I’m so ready and willing to help my country to grow beyond this nonsense.

In my way, I help. In an aura-healing way.

Christy Smith has helped in an entirely different way. A humanly lived way, that goes all the way down through her aura.

Oh, I’m such a fan!

Gillian says:

Really interesting – and inspiring – to read this, Rose. Thanks.

Wonderful reading Rose. Inspiring and moving!

GILLIAN and KYLIE, I’m so glad you appreciated this reading… and took the time to comment.

You know, before I go into the much celebrated portrayal by Sally Hawkins as the mute character in “The Shape of Water,” I must confess that I’m sensitive to a sort of “cultural appropriation” of life challenges.

For the life of me, I don’t personally understand why the hottest movies emphasize ways of living that are so far outside the experience of most in an audience. Meanwhile, there’s such a widespread lack of curiosity (or understanding) of “ordinary” people with “ordinary” problems.

CHOICE A. Are we really trying to understand what it’s like to have different experiences? Gaining more compassion.

CHOICE B. Or do moviegoers just crave variety. Perhaps seeking out a voyeuristic “thrill” of learning about “excitingly different” new ways that people can suffer?

If it’s often CHOICE A — and I hope it is — then I think it’s only fair to research what’s going on in the aura of someone who does have a real-life, long-term disability with hearing and speech. For a point of comparison, you know?

Maybe there are also CHOICE C, CHOICE D, and more.

You tell me, Blog-Buddies! Why the push to include a mute character in “The Shape of Water”? Have any of you seen it? Educate me.

Gillian says:

I haven’t seen “The Shape of Water,” but my hunch is that the character was made mute because… it fit the story.

Because a mute character who falls in love is seen to be more interesting as an ordinary person who falls in love.

Gillian says:

I guess the assumption would be that a mute character would have more obstacles to overcome, and therefore – from a story writing perspective – that ramps up the story conflict/tension. And story conflict/tension is what keeps viewers glued to the screen.

Well, that’s one possible theory, anyway!

And a plausible theory indeed. (Although, Blog-Buddies, I’m still curious about alternative theories.)

To my taste, admittedly finicky about social justice-type matters, it’s deeply dismissive to show someone who’s mute because that has dramatic value. Or symbolic value!

Because, well, what did I learn from this Skilled Empath Merge with Christy Smith? Few experiences of human life are on this level of everyday loss, struggle, suffering.

To Christy Smith, and others with lifelong hearing loss, her experience is no convenient symbol of “obstacle to overcome when falling in love.”

Even for people who lose just some of their hearing, that can cause serious quality-of-life problems. And statistics about hearing loss are alarming. Like this one: 1 in 5 Americans has some degree of hearing loss.

Loss of hearing isn’t some “interesting dramatic concept.” Not to all those people. Which is why, not to sound like a grumpus, I find the idea — as you Brits might say, GILLIAN — quite appalling. The notion, “Oh yes, let’s add an interesting deaf-mute character as one more interesting thing.”

Holly says:

That she is still humble even though she can transform herself into an entirely different person who also has depth.

Her commitment to acting as an art form and skill reminds the rest of us that being ourselves is inspiring enough.

Lilian says:

Many thanks. Indeed, I acknowledge in myself a tendency to get involved with things and people to keep myself entertained.

Gillian says:

Hi Rose,

Just to be clear, I’m not personally condoning the approach of ‘adding a mute character for interest.’

I agree that it’s treating individuals in a very impersonal, inhuman way.

Gillian says:

But I’ve met people in the world of TV and story scripting, and I’ve seen that’s sometimes how they come up with ideas. They want to make money!

(Having said all that, this is a pretty sweeping statement and I’m sure there are countless exceptions to this approach).

KayCee says:

“Even for people who lose just some of their hearing, that can cause serious quality-of-life problems.”

Even a temporary loss can cause issues. My son experienced a hearing loss while he was learning to talk. He developed a lisp that took speech therapy to reverse. I feel as you do, Rose, on all points mentioned.

KayCee says:

Only I’m perhaps cynical, even, in the alternative theory department. I wouldn’t be surprised to know that sensationalize in order to capitalize is at play.

I think we have some work ahead in correcting the course of somewhat alarming trends. I wish I knew how to help more, sometimes I just become angry about it.

KayCee says:

On one hand, we have the victim mentality that is fed and even exploited by “political correctness” and things like trigger warnings taken to an extreme.

On the other hand, we see people being ignored, shunned, issues minimalized when they really need support and help. (How many of these mass-shooters are said to have fallen through the cracks in some way?)

KayCee says:

Sorry for my rant if anyone is put off. It just seems to me we could solve a lot of problems by taking responsibility for our lives and doing what we need to do without taking advantage of others for gain.

Not saying it’s always easy..

KayCee says:

PS It goes without saying but I will anyway: not in any way giving a pass to terrorists. I do think they are a good example of something I see that bothers me greatly.

The End.

Gobbled up every word, KAYCEE. I don’t think that having strong convictions must count as a rant.

GILLIAN and LILIAN (I do like saying them together), thanks for your insights as well.

Leo says:

Wow, great comments here Rose and others. Fascinating Skilled Empath Merge too.

Lilian says:

Yup, good comments all.

Kaycee, certainly strong convictions don’t count as a rant. It just means you’re a thinking person.

And Gillian, interesting that you have first hand experience in the TV industry! I’ve never met anyone in that field.

Ethan says:

This was a very interesting post Rose thank you-

And thank you for getting me thinking about why there was a “mute” character in the Shape of Water.

Ethan says:

The criticism I read in one article is that Guillermo del Toro must know in his bones that the inauthenticity of the “mute” janitor in his movie creates more pity than empathy.

That having a mute character was just a hook and unnecessary and how ASL has been co-opted by del Toro to serve his storytelling ends.

Gillian says:

Gosh! That’s interesting, ETHAN. I do think there are some film directors out there who don’t just create characters to ‘make the story more interesting’ though.

I’m thinking of Jane Campion, director of ‘The Piano.’ The main character there was also mute – but it never felt like a device, it felt really genuine, as I remember it.

Gillian says:

LILIAN, I don’t personally have experience in the TV industry…

But I’ve met people who’ve worked on TV and on films when I’ve attended writing courses and such like.

KayCee says:

Well I’m all for not counting as a rant. 🙂

It can be easy for me to stray from the main topic. Interested in so many things, I especially love talking about growing beyond the nonsense in this country!

Thanks, Rose, and everyone else too.

Julie says:

An inspiring aura in this individual, for sure.

Doubtless it takes enormous courage to persist in communicating and inserting onself into the world, when born fundamentally different.

Julie says:

I knew a deaf man for several years and he too had no sense of victimhood.

But that’s not to say that he didn’t have a fair amount of stuff related to the disability.

Quite a tough life contract; but he had gifts and talents in abundance!

JULIE, that’s true of my experience as well. People with hearing disability, sight disability, and other intense Earth School problems as well. The ones I’ve known weren’t hopeless victims at all.

More likely, some people view folks with disabilities and then… project onto others… their own deeply-held feelings of victimhood.

As discussed in comments here, maybe knowing the current appetite for victims was a factor in gratuitously casting the Sally Hawkins role in “The Shape of Water” as a mute. Just so audiences could pity her — or identify with her — all the more as a “lonely woman.”

Certainly, facilitating sessions of Soul Energy Awakening Hypnosis®, I’ve witnessed life reviews from previous incarnations. (Including one I facilitated just yesterday, actually.) Where a person faced an insuperable problem for a reason that wasn’t cruel or random at all. No, that lifetime was educational. In order to experience — a.k.a. “pay back” — karma created in an earlier life.

In general, I suspect, deep inside, the soul knows very well when there’s a “meant-to-be” disability.

As Dr. Coletta Long, my mentor in past-life regression, used to say: “There are no innocent victims.”

Basically, the truth about disabilities and other heavy life situations? It goes more like this. Inwardly: “I agreed to it in my Life Contract. Now I’ve got to live it. So I’m going to make this the best lifetime I can.”

All of us can do our best. Personally, I wonder if any culture in history can approach the revolting Romancing of Victimhood that has developed in America over the past 50 years. Witness the victim-based movie-making taken to a new extreme in “I, Tonya.”

IMHO, celebrating victimhood is just plain stoooopid. Because it debases and weakens everyone who enjoys the group whining.

And no, showing people as poor victims isn’t really about compassion or other true virtues. That’s just the sugar-coating to make self-pity seem justified.

Julie says:

Exactly, Rose. A projection.

In fact, this friend of mine would often say there was nothing to lament. He didn’t have hearing and then lose it. He just never had it.

To him there was nothing to lament. It was only other people who would give that reaction, or expect it.

Gillian says:

Love these latest comments 🙂

Julie says:

I dislike the premise for “I, Tonya” too. And an opening line from the trailer “There’s no such thing as truth”.

Pretty repellent.

JULIE, GILLIAN, and other Blog-Buddies. In this year’s nominated films, I have noticed some appeals to the 1/3 of Americans who poll as Trump supporters. People who buy movie tickets, right?

I hadn’t heard the loud dog whistle about fake news. Since I haven’t seen so much as a trailer to “I, Tonya.”

But here’s what I have noticed…

The widely acclaimed movie, “Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri” was — in my view — made for such an audience. An audience in spiritual shutdown.

A vengeance movie. With star Frances McDormand playing a character in spiritual shutdown. And dressing down at the the Golden Globes, perhaps calculating on appealing to Trump supporters.

And with McDormand — unlike fellow nominee Sam Rockwell — my aura reading research has established what? By now, she really lives in spiritual shutdown. No act.

Whereas Sam Rockwell had to act (skillfully) in order to convince viewers that he really was a bigoted man in spiritual shutdown.

Of course, I’m not doing Aura Reading Movie Reviews on performers who now are in spiritual shutdown.

Likewise, I’m not planning to do Aura Reading Movie Reviews on stars who are now in extreme spiritual addiction. Sadly, the list by now includes:

* Meryl Streep
    * Denzel Washington
    * Mary J. Blige
    * And also Tom Hanks (who wasn’t nominated)

Nor do I plan to do an Aura Reading Movie Review on Woody Harrelson. Who was nominated.

But who has gone on record as an enthusiastic pot smoker. Unsurprisingly, his aura shows a pothead’s kind of spiritual addiction.

Now is a good time on earth to stick to your humanity.

If not (please) a good time to literally “stick to your guns.

Academy Awards 2018 is the first year I’ve started screening which folks I’d research for you here. Related to extreme spiritual addiction, spiritual addiction, and spiritual shutdown.

© 2017 Rose Rosetree. All Rights Reserved.