Other People’s Energies. Fear Not

Other people's energies

Other people’s energies, just how sticky are they? Okra is sticky. (Great for making gumbo.) Energies, though? If they seem sticky, you’ve got a problem to solve. (And you can!)

Other People’s Energies. “How can I keep other people’s energies from sticking to me?”

If this has been a problem for you, help is on the way.

Other People’s Energies. Why the Idea is So Scary

Because it really does feel scary if you’re finding that other people’s energies stick to you.

Feelings can include a sense of being personally violated. And also helplessness.

As if people have the power to do something to you without your knowledge or consent.

And the more it bothers you, feeling those bad energies… Usually the more likely you are to keep monitoring yourself. Exactly how bad is it going to be this time?

Well, how would you react if I told you that the very idea of having people’s energies stick to you?

It’s a false fear. Doesn’t happen. Period.

Yes, It’s a False Fear

What gives me the standing to write this?

Because I do believe that bad energies get stuck in people. Just that they never get in your aura or mine due to contagious “bad vibe.” Or those mythical “energy vampires” and “psychic vampires.”

All of which could be considered comforting victim talk. But how helpful is that, really?

Instead, here are two practical alternatives. Decide for yourself if either or both speak to you. Both might help you more than what you’ve been taught so far. Which has perhaps led you to fear other people’s energies.

Other People’s Energies, Help #1.

Please Don’t Blame Energy Fears on Being an Empath

Do you think this ever happens? Joe, my new client, is convinced that he’s an empath. (Research into his aura shows me that he isn’t.)

So why is he so darned sure?

• Because he’s read that empaths constantly pick up bad energies from other people.
  • And, as Joe told me, “I know that I’m constantly picking up bad energies from other people.”

Blog-Buddies, if you want, I could devote an entire blog post to why this is simply not true.

At least, not if you’re studying with this empath coach. Learning a system that helps to empower empaths. So we can have super-fulfilling lives.

For now, suffice it to say: Be my guest and take this Free Intro to my Empath Empowerment Workshops.

Other People’s Energies, Help #2. Too Much Working on Your Energies

Did you know that an estimated 45% of Americans live in either spiritual addiction or psychological overwork, or both?

That could include you.

Not that anyone deliberately develops these problems. They’re related to poor adaptation to the Age of Awakening.

For example, my first-time client Gladys. During our session, I asked to close her eyes. And then move around on her chair to make it easier to feel sensations in her butt.

Next I asked, “Please tell me something about how your tushie feels to you right now. Temperature? Muscle tone? What?”

Gladys replied, in a spaced-out voice. “I don’t feel a thing. But I do notice some white light.”

Does this impress you? Many of us have been taught that it’s superior to seek out energy awareness. Notice energies wherever you go. Make everything in your life “about energy.”

Quite the opposite. This is how to be badly adapted to today’s new vibrational freedom.

Have you noticed, the more you notice icky energies… the more seem to be stuck in you?

Probably what’s being noticed in this case isn’t other people’s energies at all. Rather, it’s a symptom of psychological overwork or spiritual addiction.

Want to learn more about how to identify these problems.. and solve them? Check out this easy self-help book. Or else set up a personal session of RES Energy HEALING with me by phone or Skype.

In Conclusion

To Feel Better, Stop Doing Living as if You’re an Energy

Instead, Pay Attention to Human Objective Reality Instead of Anyone’s Energies.

Other People’s Energies? They’re None of Your Business

Please share this article with anyone you know who’s been worrying about so-called “psychic vampires.” Or being an empath.

Lindsey says:

Thank you Rose for this helpful reminder. I really appreciate it and YOU! 😀🌹❤️

Sandra says:

“Other people’s energies….none of your business.”

Yes! Thanks for this helpful post, Rose.

Lilian says:

It is always good to be reminded.

I had to do a bit of conflict at work again today. Do you know what thought helped? I remembered the aura reading you did of an energetic hologram while I was doing another spot of conflict… and that I was doing better than I thought in terms of my “handling conflict at work” chakra databank. And that gave me the confidence to stay focused and not get distracted by any anger aimed my way.

Lilian says:

I m much better now than I was in 2012 when some much less difficult conflict totally floored me!

Back then I was empath merging and over interpreting all over the place!

Valerie says:

For me Rose, paying attention to objective reality has been about creating new habits that revolve around this way of living. I’m so much happier when I am living fully in objective reality.

It’s a way of life that I left for awhile, and now am happy to be back.

Thanks so much for your comments, VALERIE, LILIAN, SANDRA, and LINDSEY.

I’ve got a burning question for each of you — and for other Blog-Buddies as well….

But what if Rose Rosetree is wrong about this? What if we really do need to protect ourselves energetically? And otherwise we’re doomed.

New Age fears like this are the equivalent of “going to Hell” for a Catholic. Some of my new clients are really, really scared of being hurt by all those awful energies from other people, “especially the psychic vampires, energy vampires, and toxic personalities.”

Many of you regular Blog-Buddies haven’t worried about this for a very long time. Can you give any reassurance to good people who are understandably frightened by all the energy fears that are now so very popular on the internet?

Please share, whether with your name or with a pseudonym. (Remember, just ask for that in the first line of your comment. This blog is moderated!)

Did you go through a time when you worried about other people’s energies? Felt downright scared? Maybe even overwhelmed?

How much time did you used to spend protecting yourself? And what did you do? How about your sense of safety in mental space?

These days, what do you do, if anything, to protect yourself?

How much time to you take? Is it off-and-on all day long or what?

Do you avoid people? Or check yourself after contact to make sure you’re okay? Maybe like protecting yourself from deer ticks after walking outside in long grass.

Julie says:

Yes, to this: “the more you notice icky energies… the more seem to be stuck in you?”

It is interesting how fighting against something can be less effective than moving toward what I do want.

Lilian says:

Yes, Julie! It’s so easy to get into that trap.

Another Sarah says:

I’m not sure if this is appropriate to inquire about here, but what about the other side of the equation?

Is the victim talk around the ‘energetically icky’ potentially creating actual victims?

Greetings, ANOTHER SARAH. Appropriate inquiry? Not exactly, though there’s nothing distasteful about your question. Instead, ta da! It’s a small educational experience, such as we have occasionally at this blog.

Your Comment 12 might be lavishly answered if this blog were:

* About psychotherapy and pop psychology
    * Or about metaphysics, such as “Law of Attraction.”
    * Or about psychic development, such as asking spirit guides for their opinion on your question.

However, this website is about RES. I research what happens to individual clients, when we’re in sessions.

* And if it’s a session of RES Energy READING, i could research on Joe or Gladys the impact of saying “Poor, sobber-worthy me” or whatever.
    * Or if it’s a session of RES Energy HEALING, I could help Joe or Gladys remove subconscious and energetic STUFF causing victimhood. Waking up my client’s soul more in the process as I co-create with Divine help.

Not answering that question you asked, which might generate plenty of response at another kind of blog.

Granted, this blog post aims to answer a general question. However, the idea of taking on energies just because you’re with other people was the topic of this blog… Because it’s something I’ve researched quite thoroughly, using good skills of energetic literacy.

As someone new to the blog, you wouldn’t know about this distinction. So I just want to encourage you to hang out here more, get the lay of the land. And I thank you as a newbie especially for contributing here. 🙂

Liane says:

I can relate to Help #1 and Help #2.

When Rose first introduced me to the concept that NOT working on my ‘energies’ was the healthier choice, I would have argued with her had I been so brave.

Liane says:

Up to that point I’d worked diligently, every day, sometimes all day, on being positive, placing boundaries, grounding myself, and protecting myself from other people’s bad juju.

Liane says:

I’m an empath – that’s not an excuse to get wrapped up in bad habits, albeit unintentional ones. I

t’s a reason to gain skills in learning how to be me, not how to protect myself from the world.

It really isn’t me against the world. It’s me in the world.

Explorer says:

I so love your comments Liane.

Particularly #18″… It really isn’t me against the world. It’s me in the world.”

Explorer says:

I’ve been on that boat myself before. Constant worry about other people’s energies, everybody was the “boogie man” out to get me!

Phew!… what a relief to find Rose and RES to get out of that cycle and actually enjoy small talk and casual interactions with others. As an empath, that was a big no no in my world. Something I “had to do” and better get over with it quickly so that I can go back to my cave “safe haven”, which was typically not just physical isolation but also mental. Living in my head most of the time and not paying attention at all to the objective reality.

Explorer says:

It took quite a few sessions, and tough love from Rose 🙂 for me to finally get it.

I’ll never forget what Rose said to me during one of our sessions, to paraphrase “… you’re not a country to set boundaries around you!”

Now every time I catch myself going back to the old habits I remember that conversation.

Explorer says:

People don’t need passports to come and interact with me.

Instead of running away “setting boundaries”, I can simply do and say what is necessary under the circumstances while using my power and maintaining my sense of self.

Explorer says:

She helped me realize that, for certain interactions I just needed to learn the “skills to say and do things”. And like any skill, more practice makes it more comfortable.

There is no point of beating myself up for not knowing those skills yet. So I keep on practicing. It does get easier!

I now appreciate the random, however small, human connections. Who knew it could be this beautiful!

Gillian says:

Love your comments, EXPLORER!

KayCee says:

#18 is beautifully said, Liane. Smiling along with you, Explorer. Small human connections can make the day that much better.

I’ve never felt the answer to anything was to cut myself off out of fear but I had begun to explore the need to try new things because I was so uncomfortable. Finding RES was timely and helped me nip that in the bud!

KayCee says:

However, I’m sorting through and trying to discern subtle important differences when practicing RES skills and learning new ones (i.e. choosing discovery people). I started getting confused.

For now, it’s helping to stay out of the posts about aura readings, as fascinating as they are.