Safe Self-Healing. Bold Consumer Truths

Safe Self-Healing

Safe Self-Healing. For energy healing that you give yourself, discernment is like buckling up with a seat belt. Let’s go there!

Safe Self-Healing. Buckle up your seat belt, Blog-Buddies. Because I’m going to take you on a fast-paced consumer’s ride through energetic self-healing. Examining how it’s so often preached and practiced today. Looking for truth, rather than “feel-good.”

Nobody ever died from energetic self-healing, far as I know. But people sure have messed up their auras.

Especially unfortunate because that mess-up never needed to happen. Since discernment through energetic literacy can protect us from “self-healing” approaches that backfire.

In this three-part series I’ll supply a vivid example of one such unproductive method. Nonetheless, it’s quite popular.

Beyond that, you’ll learn how to avoid wishful thinking about self-healing. Leading to energetic common sense — consumer smarts, really.

Do you believe in mind-body-spirit being connected? Then it’s just plain smart to develop this new kind of energetic common sense. Therefore, I’m going into some technical details. More than I usually do, outside a how-to book or workshop.

Okay, what else? It’s going to be a bit controversial. Regardless, you might wish to share this article with friends who are into self-healing.

Because it’s so common for us to be given generalities that seem awesome. Maybe without supplying critical info about the particulars.

Since you’re a Smart Self-Healer… In your honor, for this article, I’ll refer to you as Smart Self-Healer.

Safe Self-Healing. Protecting Yourself

Seems to me, as a Smart Self-Healer, you have two really great ways to evaluate healing techniques:

1. Clarity for understanding exactly what a specific technique does.
  2. Considering the consequences of any self-healing technique, revealed by energetic literacy.
  3. Deciding whether or not you really like the teacher of a self-healing technique. The more popular that teacher, the better!

Oops, maybe you noticed: I just listed three ways of choosing self-healing techniques, not two. 😉

Funnily enough, that third method may be the most common way that folks evaluate self-healing techniques.

• As in, “Hey, did you hear the latest? Everybody’s doing XYZ, and it’s such a great way to heal yourself.”
  • Or “Google is my #1 source for finding ways to heal. I figure, whatever shows up near the top of the page has got to be good. Otherwise why would it be so popular?”
  • And maybe, “Okay, so that self-healing method got to the top of Google because it’s an ad. But that only confirms how successful that healer is. Otherwise he wouldn’t have attracted all that money needed to advertise!”

For Safe Self-Healing, Common Sense Counts

Smart Self-Healer, I’ll leave it to you to debunk all these previously mentioned “consumer skills.”

Don’t they make awful substitutes for energetic common sense?

That said, let’s for the example I promised. Exploring the truth about a form of energy healing that’s wildly popular today.

Supposedly, it could help a lot. And heck,  it “couldn’t hurt.”

Really? Together, let’s develop clear understanding. What, specifically, does that technique accomplish?

Before we’re done with this article series, example time! I’ll provide an example of aura-level consequences. So you can see how awful that misguided kind of self-healing can be. First things first, though.

Safe Self-Healing? Wishing on a Golden Bubble

Have you traveled much in the realms of woo-woo? Likely, then, you’ve encountered variations on The Golden Bubble technique. Or The Protective Bubble. Perhaps, The Bubble to Protect Empaths.

Anyway, here’s how this kind of self-healing technique allegedly works, broken down into chunks. Supposedly:

1. Other people’s negative energies can intrude upon you.
  2. Imagine a beautiful energy bubble, surrounding you. If you like, imagine that it’s coming down from the heavens. As your gift straight from God.
  3. Energetic protection is easy. Provided that you use this technique every day. Until it becomes a habit.
  4. All day long, off and on, check your Golden Bubble. Is it securely around you?
  5. Should you slip up, re-imagine it. Love your beautiful bubble! This will protect you energetically.

Safe Self-Healing? Not When It’s Based on a Faulty Premise

Starting with Part Two, we’ll examine what the Golden Bubble actually does. First, though, let’s explore this: Why do  so many people lack common sense about energy? Enthusiasm notwithstanding!

Ever since the Shift into The Age of Awakening, 12/21/12, everybody on earth has turned energy sensitive. At least everybody who wants to be. And that would include you, too. Right, Smart Self-Healer?

If you think back a bit, you may even remember when you became aware of energies. Soon afterwards, hello! You began to benefit from mind-body-spirit practices! Energy work! And especially energetic self-healing!

Maybe you’re wondering, what kind of skill could help you to make the most of your energy sensitivity?

Aw, maybe you’ve guessed already. (Given who’s writing this article.) Energetic literacy.

With Stage One Energetic Literacy, you start noticing energies. It’s a sweet beginning.

Hey, that’s good news but also slightly bad news.

Why Good News/Bad News for Safe Self-Healing?

Because Stage One Energetic Literacy is exciting and sweet. But inaccurate. Often terribly inaccurate.

Thus, doing a bit of energy reading here and there… feels good. But this good feeling can mask faulty premises.

One tends to think in terms like this: “I notice good energy and I notice bad energy. So self-healing is simple. Just take out the bad kind, then replace it with the good kind.”

In which case, techniques like the Golden Bubble appears to be brilliant.

Who doesn’t like icky energies. And who wouldn’t prefer not to have them?

Thus, to many, the whole point of holistic healing is this: Rid yourself of bad energies and substitute good energies. That simple.

Only Effective Self-Healing Isn’t That Simple

After developing Stage Three Energetic Literacy, our need for discernment becomes clear.

Why Stage Three? Because that’s the minimum for reading people’s auras accurately. Your aura and auras of other folks as well. Even reading people’s auras just fine from regular photographs!

With aura READING discernment, you can go on to develop aura HEALING discernment. As the founder of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES), I specialize in developing techniques for emotional and spiritual growth. One among many professionals today in mind-body-spirit. As professionals, it’s sure helpful if we can parlay energetic literacy into precision skills for energetic healing.

Just as math is the basis for science, energetic literacy is the basis for energy healing.

Let’s bring more discernment, Smart Self-Healer, in Parts Two and Three of this educational series. For now, any questions?

Especially, do you have any stories of your experiences with, “Take out the bad energy. Put in the good energy. And it’s all soooooooo simple”?

Steve says:

I don’t want to sound negative asking this question but I want to read inspiring articles at this blog. Why bother to write even one article that is so negative, let alone a series of three?

I was raised to believe, “If you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all.”

STEVE, thanks for asking. Here’s a short answer, because I don’t have to make every topic into a three-parter. 😉

Why write these articles? Because I care. And I just googled “Golden Bubble Healing” and got 5,600,000 hits. High time someone with energetic literacy explained why this pretty-pretty approach doesn’t work. Even worse, it will succeed at bringing some pretty ugly aura-level consequence. In my opinion.

Valerie says:

I appreciate you writing about this Rose because I believe the bubble technique is a waste of time and energy.

It bothers me how many useless techniques are out there that people believe are helping them.

Valerie says:

I like your emphasis on discernment because for me it’s a part of self authority.

Before having RES sessions I was accustomed to not expecting results, and if there were results they were never permanent.

Lancelot Bright says:

Thank you, Rose! Once again, you have brought clarity to a field where there was (and still is) a lot of confusion and misinformation.

I have known many people who have attempted the Golden Bubble illusion of protection, always with no positive effects.

Lancelot Bright says:

When they still are having negative experiences on the energetic level, they often conclude that they just aren’t expending enough time and energy on the Golden Bubble.

This leads to several negative consequences –

Lancelot Bright says:

(1) the Golden Bubble doesn’t address the actual phenomenon that is going on energetically, and consequently doesn’t work, so they continue to suffer;

Lancelot Bright says:

(2) they waste time and energy doing something that is not benefiting them;

Lancelot Bright says:

(3) having been misled, they may cease seeking another, different technique that will actually work.

Lancelot Bright says:

@Steve — Rose provided accurate information on a subject where there has been a lot of misinformation floating around.

Providing accurate information and knowledge is not negative. If people take advantage of the knowledge that Rose offers, they can easily develop the discernment that will allow them to clearly discern for themselves what techniques will be valuable for them.

Lancelot Bright says:

Many people, as Rose noted, make decisions for self-healing techniques based in what appears to be popular, rather than on actually being able to clearly discern reality on the energetic level — what Rose calls energetic literacy.

Rose’s advocating energetic literacy is a positive thing.

Lancelot Bright says:

Showing an example of the consequences of the lack of energetic literacy for people’s choices in self-healing is also a positive thing.

I, for one, found this article inspiring for me and others to gain more skills in energetic literacy, and make better choices for our personal development.

Sandra says:

Rose, about 8 years ago I was told by an alternative energy healer that I should imagine a golden bubble around me as a protection for my sensitivity.

I had heard this before and had tried it, but it did not help me.

An Avid Reader says:

I very much appreciate using the self healing skulls presented in Rose’s book, The New Strong.

So easy to learn and do and so effective.

Sandra says:

In my frustration I searched the internet, and, luckily, found your blog.

Finally, some real help! Your books and workshops got me what I needed to become a skilled empath. Thanks, Rose!

An Avid Reader says:

I meant to write skills not skulls. Luckily, no skulls are needed for these awesome skills to be effective!

(Typing this and the previous comment on a mobile device)

Liane says:

My sentiments exactly, Valerie #4, and Lancelot Bright, #7-12.

I am free to keep doing the things that don’t work but are popular… which, to me, is the same thing as moving backwards; or, I can challenge myself to push past the status quo and actually gain effective skills that work.

Liane says:

Oh, my, has it ever been challenging. But the rewards have been nothing short of positive – and, dare I say, miraculous.

Thank you, Rose, for this post, looking forward to the rest of the series.

Angie says:

I know I am not always comfy with what you say Rose, and that’s mainly because you are so right that I find myself with my nose deep in my own doo-doo…

Thank you though for speaking the Truth and sticking with it, in the end, I learn and it becomes empowering ! And that’s why I keep coming back 😉

ksparks says:

Thanks for this important post Rose!

I tried this unproductive method as well as many others that did nothing except make me afraid of other people and that “bad energy out there.”

KSparks says:

I would do a method like the bubble method while sitting on the bus next to an alcoholic, rather than taking the objective reality step of getting up and changing my seat!

Julie says:

I tried the bubble technique many years ago to no real effect and dropped it as quickly as I had begun it.

Learning empath skills from Rose solved the problems that it had been recommended to me for.

All these latest comments are so fascinating! For example, what you point out in Comment #22, JULIE.
    Isn’t it a bit odd, how many empaths are told that a visualization will help them.

Visualizing anything won’t stop unskilled empath merges, and won’t stop Imported STUFF either. Not visualizing bubbles or blimps or rollerblades… or anything else. (Seems to me.)

Both of these terms you already know about if you’ve checked out my books for empaths or the easy-to-learn Empath Empowerment Online Workshops.

The blog post I have planned for tomorrow, Sunday, may make the bubble alternative seem even more ridiculous.

Lo says:

Earlier comments totally reminded me of the circular logic that many of the techniques I tried before finding RES were presented with.

If I tried a technique and it didn’t work, it was never the technique’s fault for not being that effective, it was mine for not doing it the right way.

Lo says:

One time when I asked what the right way was I was told something like… that I already knew the right way… I just wasn’t using my gifts…

Lo says:

This makes me chuckle to myself now!

In a weird way I’m grateful for the experience, that it kept me going through hellish times long enough to find RES. I don’t think I’d have found RES without New Age beliefs as the starting point.

Lo says:

I’m also grateful for RES getting me out of a belief system with many holes in it that was no longer helpful, was keeping me from growing and becoming quite harmful to me.

Thanks for your comments, LO. And you’ve put us into the 44,000’s now, regarding number of comments.

Jesse says:

Sometimes in order to gain common sense we have to make mistakes….until we find something that works.

So much of this is subtle to a point that many folks have to take other peoples word whether there are any results or not.

JESSE, what a fascinating area of understanding you’ve opened up. Here’s my question to you and to all Blog-Buddies.

Granted, when one seeks energy healing, that process is mysterious and subtle. Yet, isn’t it possible to tell when you’ve gained results, human-type results?

And aren’t human-type results the point, actually? Rather than bragging rights? Like, “My Throat Chakra is superior to your Throat Chakra”?

Ethan says:

Human type results all the way Rose!

After a recent amazing healing session with Isabella Cates I went from feeling like someone who had lost control over my thoughts and actions to back to being in charge. Stuff can always be healed.

Ethan says:

What does that have to do with noticing results versus knowing about subtle energies?

My RES Practitioner was able to tell which kind of energetic problems (STUFF) was involved. She found the cause of why I felt so obsessed about thinking about a situation and felt bad. As her client, I didn’t have to figure that out.

Ethan says:

Did that mean I was kept in the dark, because I was the client? No. Isabella Cates explained enough to show me respect.

She helped me to understand, in general terms, what she was doing.

Ethan says:

And then she did it: STUFF removal. Plus PUT IN that helps me to express my soul more strongly.

Looking for results, I didn’t have to keep checking my energies. And I didn’t have to keep imagining some kind of thought form, like a golden bubble. I found human results instead-the obsession about the situation was gone.