Golden Bubble? Burst that Healing Fantasy

Golden bubble

Golden Bubble. How much can it help you, really?

Golden Bubble. It’s such a popular concept in energy healing today. Also often recommended to help empaths.

Aiming for energy healing, many of us have been told, “Simply move out the bad energy. Then add good energy.” Probably the most popular version of this approach involves visualizing a “Golden Bubble.”

As a Smart Self-Healer, you deserve to understand what this visualization doesn’t do. And also what it does accomplish. (Something you never would have chosen. Had you been told the truth by someone with good skills of energetic literacy.)

Concluding Part One of this three-part series, I asked for your input on this widespread idea: For energy healing, just keep moving out bad energy. And put in good energy. That simple!

Thanks for your comments so far. Now let’s do Part Two. And continue to explore the truth behind this simple version of energy healing. Because there’s nothing like aura reading skills to show us what’s what.

The Faulty Premise Behind Golden Bubble

Why is it a faulty premise to believe that self-healing with energy is totally simple? Like, “Out with the bad kind. In with the good kind.”

Because stuck energies really aren’t that simple. Let me share my perspective as the  founder of Rosetree Energy Spirituality (RES) (Also known as “Really Effective Skills.)

After facilitating thousands of sessions to help clients, hello! I’ve identified 30 specific types of “bad energy.” Removing each type requires a different RES specialty. Such as these types of energy healing session. And these. (For either link, go down to the colorful box and find a load of energy healing specialties. Each one described in detail.)

This consumer tip is especially important for discernment about energy healing. And self-healing in particular:

Know which kind of energy problem you’re healing. That’s key to getting results.

By contrast, the faulty premise idea can be very appealing to self-healers. Maybe going like this:

“It’s all energy, right? And I can feel energies. Because I’m energy sensitive. With even a little bit of training, I can tell bad vibes from good. So all I need is a simple way to fix myself up, energetically.”

Okay, Let’s Try A Thought Experiment.

(Not Golden Bubble Yet. Something Else.)

Imagine this, Smart Self-Healers. Your friend Joe goes to a physician. Complaining that he’s tired.

What would you think if his doctor said this? “Oh, your problem is that have some bad thing going on, causing fatigue. Here’s a lollipop. It will cheer you right up.”

Joe might prefer a doctor who does an examination. Maybe runs some tests. Finds out what’s wrong. And then addresses that specific problem.

Smart Self-Healers, many folks today are simply dazzled by their shiny new energetic literacy at the beginner stage.

In their sweet enthusiasm, they accept faulty premises.

How does this confusion apply, specifically, to self-healing methods like The Bubble technique?

Energy Specifics about the Golden Bubble Technique

If all you’ve developed is Stage One Energetic Literacy, the Golden Bubble idea seems to make perfect sense.

Since The Bubble is colorful and pretty. Plus, it’s appealing to heal yourself through the power of your mind.

Remember, at this level of energetic literacy, there’s talent but not a great deal of discernment. Thus, it makes perfect sense: Simply bubble away. Shoving out “bad” energy. And keeping only what’s “good.”

Note the emphasis on “good” and “positive.” Personally, I’ve noticed a fascinating trend. Folks who have developed just Stage One Energetic Literacy… find positivity very important.

Comparable, maybe, to a beginner at word literacy. Someone who has learned to tell apart letters of the alphabet. (And that’s it.) To such a beginner, it might seem very important that the penmanship looks pretty. Later? Maybe not so much.

Let’s Get Real About Energy Healing

Smart Self-Healer, your awesome mind-body-spirit is far too great… to reduce it to such a simplistic and flawed technique. Let’s bring common sense, based on true premises gained through discernment.

Ha, you know this is a three-part series of articles. So let’s pause here for your comments and stories.

Then, tomorrow, Part Three!

Ha, Blog-Buddies! Just now I noticed that we’re at 43,981 comments. Could be, # 44,000 is coming any day now.

Thanks so much to those of you who actively contribute to our educational and historical adventure in skills for The Age of Awakening!

Zaybe says:

Ugh, I am so fed up with people who insist on being positive all the time! There are too many of them in my workplace…!!

It is so jarring.

They don’t seem to understand that complaining is sometimes the necessary first step in understanding the nature of a problem (a bit like in your analogy – someone who refuses to admit they’re in physical pain would not even go and visit the doctor at all).

I agree Zaybe! It is all too easy to pretend problems away through positivity.

Only the problems don’t go away, they get worse.

It is not so much that techniques like the golden bubble do harm, as that practicing techniques from this stops you from dealing with the real problems that cause you to turn to it in the first place.

ZAYBE and KYLIE, you’re making such good points. Except, KYLIE, guess what? Related to that statement in Comment #4, “It is not so much that techniques like the golden bubble do harm….”

Tomorrow I’m planning to publish that Part 3 of 3. Let me know if this changes your mind about the “no harm” idea.

Angie says:

I guess most of us got fooled by the golden bubble thing when we indeed started tapping in energy…

I think this type of reaction is mostly fear-driven and looking for today’s quick societal fix in action : we want it quick, we want it now, just like everything else money can buy, we think we can consume healing.

Angie says:

Not realizing that years in the making will also probably take years or at least some time in the “undoing”, deprogramming.

Angie says:

Good things, important things rather take time to mature from my point of view, and it certainly applies to my craftsmanship (visual design) and to most things I know of in life (relationships, cooking, painting, getting projects going…)

Angie says:

We need to change our perception, because growing is not any different, nor is healing.

If we treat healing like a quick fix, then indeed, this is what we get : the 2-minutes feel-good lollipop.

Angie says:

We value putting time in those important things within our lives, yet, we still can’t appreciate that real healers / healing also have / is a craftsmanship and that it cannot be improvised and demands time and personal investment.

Wonderful, ANGIE. Thanks.

jane says:

In the past, I’ve been told all sorts of ideas/techniques/meditations by various friends/healers.

As much as I may have given them a go – out of attempts to “function better” or just sheer “desperation” (coz nothing else worked) . . .

jane says:

. . . I recall never quite fully “believing” the techniques would work – they never quite seemed “good enough” (so sometimes I politely thanked the person for their input – and thought fat-chance, like that’s gona make an ounce of difference.

Sometimes I tried the techniques – like the golden bubble – and found it almost impossible to do – I couldn’t do it, in my imagination it always sprang off me or it just wouldn’t close fully around me – I figured I simply wasn’t good at that type of inner imagery!!!!). . .

jane says:

. . . For me personally, being told about Rose’s empath books – and then finally 8 years later stumbling across her work & getting starting with the Empath Empowerment series of books – was a light bulb moment . . .

jane says:

. . . I found a solid sounding alternative – to the “alternative”.

And – I found immediate results.

The results were powerful – to me. Because, not only did I ‘discover’ I was an empath (useful to have a label that was productive, rather than all the prior misconceptions about myself) – but also, learning the skills to switch my empath gifts off . . .

jane says:

. . . A golden bubble isn’t (as far as I know) quite enough to “seal” an aura with protective energies – nor is it an R.E.S technique for ‘Empath Empowerment’ . . .

jane says:

. . . Rose – I may never have mentioned this exact phrase to you before – but I made a note of it at the time.

Gaining empath skills… …for me was like suddenly walking around the world with skin on my body … …and prior to developing skills …. it felt like I had been as raw as someone without skin on their body. . .

jane says:

. . . A golden bubble (!!) never gave me those results before – nor had I realised how raw my experience of being in the world had been – until I developed these empath skills. This isn’t an exaggeration.

It was also a revelation – to realise most people walked & talked freely in the world with this comfortable layer of skin.

jane says:

. . . I’ll be interested to read part 3 of this post – to understand what effects a golden bubble does/doesn’t have on one’s aura (etc.)

I know this article isn’t about Empaths exactly – but that’s my subjective experience about the contrast I’ve observed between nice sounding ideas like golden bubble – and discovering techniques that work well.

jane says:

I’m still learning. But – more & more it surprises me to realise that my gut instincts have always been pretty strong & clear with good discernment . . . Yet I may have ignored them because something else seemed “worth giving it a go!”.

Another good reason to develop my skills of energetic literacy . . . On the to-do list …!

ANGIE and JANE, thank you so much for sharing these insights.

You’re quite right, JANE, that attempts at energetic self-healing like the Golden Bubble are often suggested to empaths. I’m so glad you found the RES alternatives.

Jesse says:

Discernment…..I studied with folks who always encouraged journaling.

Journal, Journal, Journal….because there was no discernment….no targeting of an issue….after you read your journal notes then you might be able to understand better what was going on….

Oh, JESSE. Thank you for sharing this.

Not only no discernment but maybe not really much teaching going on there. Fascinating! I wonder whether some of you other Blog-Buddies were partly taught by a spiritual teacher but also, now that you think about it, mostly left to your own devices.