When Maharishi Wept

When Maharishi Wept

When Maharishi Wept. It’s a pivotal moment in “Bigger than All the Night Sky.” Today I’d like to share it with you. Sound recording included.

When Maharishi Wept. This is one of my favorite teaching tales in the new memoir, Bigger than All the Night Sky.

During my years as a TM teacher, I had many friends who went on staff with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. Never me, though.

Since then, as an Enlightenment Coach, I’ve played a role that would have been unimaginable then. Since back in the day, I feared that I’d never, ever move into a higher state of consciousness. Among the 10,000 aspiring initiators trained by Maharishi, I didn’t stand out in any way.

Except, maybe, in my inspiration to write and read poems. These I shared because I felt pulled from inside. Certainly I never expected that any of them would cause Maharishi to tear up.

When Maharishi Wept. Unexpected and Humbling for Me

Especially since, at the time of this memoir, I hung on my guru’s every word. Every expression. Such an understatement to say that I was a devoted follower of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

Have you ever had a big-deal hero? Someone who seemed larger than life. Inspiring a unique kind of love.

That’s the kind of relationship I had with the great world guru. As described in the final five chapters of Bigger than All the Night Sky. About growing up spiritual but not religious. Autobiography about a New York girl’s years up to 23.

And the weeping part of the story involves a particular poem that I read him. During a group meeting in Mallorca, Spain.

The Guru Game Is Like That.

When the Teacher’s Response Means so Much.

So When Maharishi Wept, It Was a Big Deal to Me

Decades later, I went on to found RES… And train RES experts... And help many clients long term, including some who’ve moved into Enlightenment.

During sessions of RES Energy Healing, sometimes my clients have wept. Same with the workshop that ended last night: Love + Light + Power for Gaining Wealth.  Where comments at graduation were among the most moving ever.

And sometimes clients have caused me to weep too. Such as one session this year.. When I was able to help a client who’d been out of touch for ten years. But then Joe came back for help. After his daughter had just committed suicide.

Never, though, has any of my students or clients treated me like a guru.

Because I wouldn’t stand for it. Given many, many reasons.

Including this big one: The Guru Game is totally different now, in The Age of Awakening.

When Maharishi Wept, How Unusual Was that?

Back in the day it was a remarkable. Moving my guru to tears? Unthinkable!

Never again did I witness Maharishi showing such a reaction. Despite spending over a year in his presence. (Due to regularly taking his courses for TM teachers from 1971-1975.) Plus I spending innumerable hours watching video recordings of my guru.

Sometimes he moved his entire audience to tears. But weeping himself? Not really.

When Maharishi Wept? It Happened While I Read Him This Poem

Today I’d like to share that poem with you. Through a sound recording excerpt from Bigger than All the Night Sky.

A recording that I dedicate to you, if you’ve ever loved a spiritual teacher.

Or dedicated yourself to a religion.

While caring so much, it meant all the world to you.

Have a listen, Blog Buddies. And comment in any way you like. Maybe some of you will even share poems that you’ve written as part of your spiritual journey.

Julie says:

I’m glad you gave voice to that pull from inside to write and to read your poems. And this book.

And in doing so, to move others profoundly.

An Avid Reader says:

Hi Rose,

Wondering if you might consider offering the workshop that just ended again. I very much wanted to attend but, in the end, work constraints made it very difficult for me to get any time off.

JULIE and AVID READER, thanks so much for your comments.

AVID READER, I’ll let you know. Meanwhile, in 2018 maybe you can come to one of the other workshops. I see two with your name on them (far as I’m concerned).

An Avid Reader says:

I just loved that poem when I read it in the book.

Am looking forward to listening to the sound recording when I have a quiet time when I can savor it!

Dancer says:

Your poem is so beautiful. It’s amazing that you would have the words as such a young person to write something with so much Truth value. Hearing you read it now is heart-achingly lovely.

Dancer says:

I am wondering if this was the earliest suggestion for what would later be named Human-Based Spirituality.

Anyway, this has set a really nice background to my aleady good day.

An Avid Reader says:

I haven’t listened to the sound recording yet, but when I read the poem in the book, I couldn’t help but wonder if you had perhaps written it, in part, from a past life memory and if your guru, in part, was responding to the same thing. (I realize this may have no bearing on reality, but that is what I wondered!)

The poem just rings out with as intensity that is so beautiful and moving.

Thanks so much for these latest comments. What a sweet wondering, AVID READER.

I’m pretty sure about what inspired the poem: The story of my time at that TM Teacher Training Course, and discovering that I actually could read poems out loud to Maharishi. Being heard, as if for the first time.

However I think you touched on something true about having studied with spiritual teachers in other lifetimes.

What do know for a certainty? (Related to vivid experiences in past-life regression.) I studied closely with two wonderful spiritual teachers, and these were very graced relationships that lasted for the entire lifetime.

Haven’t many of us done that, back in The Age of Faith!

Cloud says:

Rose, have you ever had an aura reading done on Maharishi or Yogananda?

I would be, and probably the blog would be curious how their chakra databanks look like.

CLOUD, what a wonderful comment from you! See, here’s something we have in common: Both of us are teachable.

Here’s a link to aura reading research I’ve done for my Spiritual Enlightenment List. To research particular individuals, you can check for them on the Alphabetized List of Nominees.

If you’re up for reading detailed articles, mostly by me but sometimes Guest Posts from my students, here’s your ticket!

No, I haven’t done a detailed aura reading of Maharishi, and for one simple reason. Although he was gloriously in Enlightenment when I met him in 1969, and began studying with him…

His consciousness really deteriorated. By the end of his life, he was no longer in Enlightenment.

One reason to read “Bigger than All the Night Sky” is to learn what he and his American students were like in the early days of teaching TM.

Finally, CLOUD, I don’t take random nominations here at my blog. From time to time, I’ll host a contest where I take suggestions and award (usually) 3 prizes for researching the auras of people nominated.

To avoid having to explain this again and again, I generally don’t publish comments like your #10. Although it was disarmingly polite. Fact is, if you really, really want me to read somebody’s aura for you, best way is to book a session with me for Energy Spirituality ENERGY READING.