Empath SOCIAL Skills or CONSCIOUSNESS Skills

Empath SOCIAL Skills or CONSCIOUSNESS Skills

Empath SOCIAL Skills Versus CONSCIOUSNESS Skills? Your heart knows the difference.

Empath SOCIAL Skills or CONSCIOUSNESS Skills? Currently I’m preparing my first workshop on RES Sensitivity Skills. These depend largely on consciousness skills for Highly Sensitive Persons (HSPs). Just like the skills I’ve developed previously to empower empaths.

So, in a series of posts starting today, here’s my goal — to share with you some of a distinction that is largely absent today, both for helping empaths and for helping HSPs:

What is the difference between seeking personal growth through social skills…

Versus gaining personal growth through skills based in how you use your consciousness?

Here’s why I ask. Over the past two decades, I’ve specialized in teaching consciousness-based skills to empaths. Actually, this is the key to appreciating why the system of Empath Empowerment® succeeds where other systems… well, they may deliver good feelings and ways to keep busy, but not much else.

Now I’m moving into a related area, empowering Highly Sensitive Persons. Both empaths (who always are HSPs). And also the HSPs who aren’t empaths; these are in the majority, actually. Because:

• 1 in 20 people is a born empath
  • 1 in 5 people is a born HSP
  • If you do the math, what becomes obvious? Only 1 out of 4 HSPs is an empath.

Empath Social Skills OR Consciousness Skills.

Why Discuss the Empath Skills Now?

That’s a fair question, given that I’m only starting to offer workshops to help HSPs. While I’ve already developed a collection of online workshops to help empower empaths. (Starting off with this freebie series of five lessons.)

Why not just give you little bits and pieces of the new system?

Because that’s not how I roll. To honor the knowledge systems that I get to co-create with Divine help, I roll out the system itself. Complete as it can be. Maybe later it becomes more complete, as I deepen my knowledge by putting together an online workshop version, or a book.

Seems to me, free samples are for products. Like perfume or peanuts. Not for a potentially life-changing system of knowledge.

So that’s why I’ll explore today’s delicious theme by using Empath Empowerment skills as an example, rather than RES Sensitivity Skills.

Empath Social Skills OR Consciousness Skills.

What Does That Distinction Mean?

And Does that Difference Have Anything to Do with The Age of Awakening?

Part Two of this little series of articles will quiz you by providing a series of ideas that aim to help empaths.

Meanwhile, as you go through today and the next couple of days, keep your ears out. Notice everyday examples of helpful hints and coping tips for empaths offered by empath experts who offer systems that are NOT Empath Empowerment.

Or, if you’ve studied with me as an empath, think about some of the empath skills that have become automatic to you. Necessary skills for a skilled empath that involve consciousness.

Understanding how Social Skills are not Consciousness Skills? Share your thoughts and questions. Our discussion here can help us all to live as leaders of The Age of Awakening.

Incidentally, there’s still time to apply for the first-ever workshop on RES Sensitivity Skills — next weekend.

Are you interested in becoming Happy, Self-Confident, and Productive as an HSP?

Steve says:

I think a big one is avoiding negative people. Although I can’t for the life of me understand why that would really protect an empath.

I do wonder, is this really a social skill? Do we figure out who is negative with consciousness or is that a social skill? Not that I’m a fan of it, regardless.

Steve says:

More complicated and confusing, to me, is the widespread advice to avoid energy vampires and psychic vampires. Is that supposed to be a skill to protect your consciousness?

I’m asking because it seems like the whole point of this advice is to save yourself from energies. Wouldn’t that involve consciousness?

Steve says:

Or are the clues to vampireism supposed to be social?

If I believed in this, which I don’t, I’m not sure if this would seem like a social skill or a consciousness skill.

Ethan says:

I’m so excited about the emerging and helpful information for HSP from you Rose!

I’m an HSP, and not an empath, but a big fan of your work. I can’t attend the workshop but I look forward to the online someday or maybe a book. Thank you!

Thanks so much for these observations and questions, STEVE. That’s a fine question, about “Avoiding negative people.”

Depending on how a person understands that term, it could be purely a social skill. As in “I never talk to people who gossip. I’m leaving.”

Or it could be yet more incentive to direct consciousness towards telling who has “bad energy versus good energy.”

That would definitely involve consciousness. But that’s not what I mean by using consciousness-based techniques to become a skilled empath. Frankly, that’s a way to fall into the same trap as countless non-empaths (and non-HSPs): Becoming more interested in energies than in being human.

I’m also baffled by the connection some empaths make between having a better life and…

Labeling people as energy vampires or psychic vampires, then avoiding them. Yet clearly many people find comfort in this. Here’s a link to one of the loonier versions of energy hypochondria (my term, not the author’s). Whereby social media are dangerous because all of the (allegedly) draining people.

Again, empaths might notice energies of people and make that into a big fear/concept/reason to feel more victimized than usual.

And the noticing would involve consciousness. As in positioning consciousness to people’s astral energies. Or checking up constantly about one’s own astral and subconscious energies.

Still, that’s not a helpful way to use consciousness if you’re an empath. (I’d say, especially if you’re an empath, as this leads to unskilled empath merges)

But I’m not sure that all who fear “vampires” are doing anything related to positioning consciousness. Why not?

Because frightened or suspicious or self-protective empaths who are on this path for helping themselves… may find countless reasons to judge other people as negative or narcissistic or outright psychic vampires or stealthy energy vampires.

Judging and shunning people is ultimately a social skill, isn’t it? (And neither is involved in the system of Empath Empowerment, of course.) Likewise the new RES Sensitivity Skills don’t involve that either.

ETHAN, it’s always an exciting time around here when I start to come out with a new skill set. Although I don’t know yet what other forms this new one will take, I’m quite sure there will be at least one good resource made available in the future.

Thanks so much for your wonderful appreciation of RES skills so far, and how powerfully you’ve used them. Really inspiring to me to witness — and maybe play a bit of a role — in how you’ve transformed over the last few years!

What excellent timing, Blog-Buddies. Today a long series of comments came from somebody new to this blog, SHAY DAWKINS.

Even though he went to an entirely different part of the blog, his words revealed a lot of ideas about empaths and what works for empaths. And he did bring a fresh viewpoint, clearly unencumbered by knowing anything about Empath Empowerment or anything else RES. 😉

So I’m going to re-post a few excerpts of what he’s written. And then I’ll consider which of these ideas about empaths is about social skills, what seems to be about consciousness, etc.

As for my responses, just my opinion, all of this offered in an attempt to bring education where it’s sorely needed: clarifying what is considered helpful for empaths. What does that — to quote SHAY — “suggestion or tip” — really accomplish?

Rose Rosetree says:

Adapted from a blog comment by SHAY DAWKINS elsewhere at this blog.

To be honest, I just came across the term, molecular empath, tonight. Although, for some time now I felt I was more than just a HSP and a claircognizant empath.

It’s pretty common for empaths and others to know the meaning of “Highly Sensitive Person.” I am, for instance. However, I’m not familiar with the expression, a claircognizant empath. So I researched it.

According to one writer about claircognizance, this means that you have the intuitive ability of clear knowing. For example, “You have an unquiet mind.” You can read about other signs of claircognizance, according to this writer, here.

I find this quite often, in training for empaths. Experts put together a vast number of possible experiences, many of them universal to most human beings — such as having an “unquiet mind” — and then this is linked to something fancy and psychic.

Personally, I’m committed to precise definitions of empath gifts. In my work as an empath coach, names make it easier to wake up an empath’s consciousness. Due to a high truth value. Quite different from waking up a variety of associations and wishes to be more important, more intuitive, etc.

Although some folks are determined to link empath skills with psychic development, I don’t believe this helps empaths at all.

Blog-Buddies, it can be useful to consider whether an emphasis on psychic development or intuitive powers is really helpful for anyone. Empaths included. Especially now in The Age of Awakening. This article explains why.

Also adapted from a blog comment by SHAY DAWKINS about being a molecular empath:

I truly feel that I “feel people at the soul level.” This is why people are innately intimidated by me, especially in person, because their soul or subconscious knows I’m aware of “who they really are.”

Seems to me, Blog-Buddies, that Mr. DAWKINS is talking about experiences he has quite casually, at a social level, like while talking to people. By contrast, doing a Skilled Empath Merge happens by moving your consciousness, using skills that are quite specifically designed to provide accurate knowledge.

The fact that people call him intimidating is not a good sign, seems to me, of either empath talent or (pardon my writing) necessarily having much skill as an empath. In my experience as an empath coach, skilled empaths don’t creep people out.

Adapted from a blog comment by SHAY DAWKINS elsewhere at this blog.

Whenever I’m high energy, I’ve seen how I can speak blessings over people and it come true. People’s lives get better when they are affiliated with me, especially when thy take action upon any advice I provide them with.

The idea of speaking blessings over people, advising them, and then claiming credit for good things that happen to them… due to being an empath?

Blog-Buddies, you might be surprised how many empaths make claims like this. Including, sometimes, empaths who are high on drugs, and then they brag about how their special “powers” change people’s lives. (Not that SHAY has done this, just saying.)

Based just on what SHAY has described here, I wouldn’t characterize this as a skill in consciousness. Nor is it a social skill.

And it has nothing whatsoever to do with being an empath. Neither I nor empaths who’ve studied with me… do anything like this. So if somebody tells you that empath skills involved this sort of thing, might I suggest? Walk away. Better, run!

Ethan says:

Hi again, about your comment 12-I owe all my transformation to RES, and God and the Divine Beings who help and to you and Isabella and the blog buddies who share.

Ethan says:

This is a path that works for me, after trying so many paths I found one that works!

Ethan says:

And as an HSP I have found that I am learning what sensitivity even means, how it effects me..

I’ve just been this way my whole life.

Explorer says:

I read the book HSP by Elaine Aron shortly before I discovered Rose and her invaluable work.

As I read the book I identified myself as an HSP. But. And that’s a big but. This knowledge still left me powerless as a self actualizing person, still filled with victom mentality.

Explorer says:

Once I discovered Rose and dived into her work through personal sessions, her books, mentoring and all, my whole world turned upside down.

At the beginning I had to unlearn all the fluff that runs around the Internet as facts.

Explorer says:

Of course I questioned it at first. As I started experiencing somewhat immediate results from her techniques, things started shifting for me big time.

So many firsts, so many A-ha moments.

Explorer says:

I’ve learned sooo much from Rose about the meaning of being an Empath. Its so individualized and personal.

For me the consciousness skill is very important, especially now that we’re in the Age of Awakening. Learning how to position my consciousness to human vibrational frequencies has improved my life dramatically.

Explorer says:

Equally important, I also had to learn so much of seemingly basic social skills at the beginning.

There is no shame in that. Just like anything in life, I keep learning and practising and getting better at it.

Explorer says:

Having strong social skills empowers me as an Empath.

I don’t play the setting up boundaries game any more nor do I constantly run away from negative people.

Explorer says:

I wish I was able to attend to this workshop. I love that you continually expand, explore and improve your work Rose.

Learning both consciousness and social skills gave me a quality of life I never knew was possible as an Empath.

ETHAN and EXPLORER, thanks so much for these thought-provoking comments.

Regarding Comment #27, EXPLORER, that shocked me a bit. Because I felt so uplifted by Dr. Aron’s book… for years. And it wasn’t until I revisited it that I noticed what you found right away. Might I summarize it this way? Social skills, not consciousness skills.

So why did I have such a different initial reaction? My takeaway was validation about my consciousness, and how it worked as a HSP.

Really, that isn’t what she wrote. But, like any reader with an open mind and heart, I found what I needed.

Tatiana says:

I wish I could attend this new workshop. Learning with you, Rose is so powerful.

Explorer says:

I agree wholeheartedly Rose. I remember how so comforting it felt when you confirmed me being an Emapth.

As if it gave me permission to be ok with the way I am wired.

Explorer says:

I was so far away from myself when I met you.

So afraid, so lost. I was at the rock bottom so to speak, and was determined to get my power back. It was now or never.

Explorer says:

The acknowledgement of my consciousness was my big starting point. Yes, finally!

I was even more hungry to learn how to live with it though.

Explorer says:

You provided those actual proper social skill sets I needed to make that happen.

Tatiana says:

It seems like to me gaining consciousness skills through Empath empowerment workshops helped me to use my social skills more effectively.

Tatiana says:

And by social skills I mean making conversation with Empath and non-Empath, avoiding some of the chats I don’t want to spend my time on by using street smarts skills and not feeling guilty about it.

Morgan says:

Hello,

Question about empath merges: Do empaths make unskilled merges while sleeping (unconscious)?

If so, will the Coming Home technique prevent this?

Thanks for your question today, MORGAN.

No, unskilled empaths wind up doing unskilled empath merges… only while awake. There’s your answer, simple as could be.