Pothead Retirement. Cutting Cords of Attachment

Pothead Retirement

Pothead Retirement. Blooming marijuana looks pretty enough. The results of smoking it? Not so much.

Pothead Retirement. Today I’ll share what I learned from cutting a cord of attachment between my client Joe and his mother, Gladys, whose retirement dream was…

Hmmm, have you guessed?

Gladys’ retirement dream was this: Getting stoned on weed as often as possible.

Such a plan for a “fulfilling retirement”! Only the reality has turned out quite differently. Neither personal growth, nor spiritual awakening.

Pothead Retirement Hasn’t Brought Freedom

Quite the opposite. Even Gladys seems to recognize that her stoner’s dream has turned into a nightmare. Except that, after two years of smoking grass, Gladys blames everything and everybody… except for her best friend, weed.

• Gladys’s mind seems to be deteriorating.
  • Her moods go up and down, even more than before.
  • When watching TV, she routinely screams and rants.
  • And it isn’t much fun for people in the room with her, either.

Sound familiar? With marijuana legalized in so many places, people get the message that weed is good for them. Hey, alcohol is legal, too. Although how many lives has alcohol ruined? (For a while, at least.) Or consider this article, prominently displayed in today’s Washington Post.

Today’s article was written in honor of all you good people who have been suffering, wondering, about people you know with substance addictions: “Is it my fault somehow?” And “Could I have prevented this?” And maybe even “Is there any sacrifice I could make now to redeem the suffering of this good person?”

Graciously, Joe has given me permission to share this educational experience. It’s his gift — and mine — to any of you who have suffered from feeling responsible because people you care about… now care more about getting high than you, or any other human relationship.

Pothead Retirement May Bring a High

But for spiritual evolution, marijuana’s a slow poison. Regular smokers of weed pay a cumulative price for every single high.

Beware, you sweet Blog-Buddies. Someone else’s mistake does not make you responsible.

From my perspective as an Enlightenment Coach, I’ll add this:

The pothead is going through an experiment here at Earth School. By the time of a Life Review, it may become clear that addiction is a failed experiment.

Nonetheless a person like Gladys learns from this. And she has a long history as a soul, including innumerable future incarnations — should she even desire them.

So, if I might give you some advice about personal remorse over somebody else’s choice…

Stop it. Each human being has a sacred life. You’re not responsible for other adults.

What if it seems to you that they’re making a big mistake? Give them a warning early on. One offer to help or one caution. That’s it. Then allow those folks to live their own lives, and adjust your relationship accordingly. Because that is your right.

Pothead Retirement Cord of Attachment

Soon I’ll go into details about what was in Joe’s cord of attachment to his mother, Gladys.

Before then, here’s some background info.

• You can learn about cutting cords of attachment from this how-to book.
  • And here’s background on this RES specialty.
  • From the perspective of personal sessions of RES Energy HEALING, cutting cords of attachment is one of many choices I might make to help you most in a session. Scroll down to the crimson box here to learn more about this particular specialty.

Pothead Retirement Cord of Attachment. Now Cut for Keeps.

The incident stuck in this two-pager cord of attachment occurred during a visit. Probably a visit over the phone.

GLADYS: She’s trying to hold herself together.

1. GLADYS: Her voice sounds spaced out.
  2. GLADYS: Emotionally she sounds miserable.
  3. GLADYS: And also full of rage.
  4. GLADYS: She blames everyone and everything but herself for how she’s struggling in retirement.
  5. JOE: I feel so bad for her.
  6. JOE: I feel so unhappy for her.
  7. JOE: Process-oriented cord item — Empath gifts switch ON, causing an unskilled empath merge.
  8. JOE: Feeling guilty that she’s so unhappy.
  9. JOE: I should to more to help her.
  10. JOE: “It’s not her fault that pot has ruined her mind.”
  11. JOE: “She didn’t know this would happen. So she didn’t know any better.”
  12. JOE: “I should make up for how life has cheated her.”
  13. JOE: I should take on my mother’s pain, as somebody raised to love Jesus. I ought to be able to do this much, at least.
  14. JOE: Especially because he’s a good man.

Quite something to think about, isn’t it?

Logical Consequences

Some of you Blog-Buddies are familiar with Logical Consequences: Basically the whole point of cutting any cord of attachment. Logical Consequences mean results that a client like Joe can reasonably expect because his icky cord of attachment to Gladys is now gone for good.

Can you spot any ideas in these Cord Items that simply aren’t true? How might it impact Joe, having these go through him every single day? And then how might it help him, having the interior brainwashing stop?

In general, can any of you think of a benefit, or Logical Consequence, that Joe can anticipate, now that this particular set of Cord Items is gone forever?

Brittany says:

So happy for Joe!

I suspect Joe will worry less about his mother and drop the feeling that he is in charge of his mother’s soul.

Brittany says:

Joe may also be freed up from feeling guilty and start to realize that supporting his mother isn’t the same as fixing her.

Brittany says:

Perhaps Joe may be able to view his mother’s addiction in a more objective manner, and stop making excuses for her. I imagine this would help him make better choices about how to handle the relationship with his mother.

Ethan says:

This is a gift to us-thank you.

Weed will be legal in Canada soon-I’m wondering how that will change things around me.

Ethan says:

I think Joe can expect to not feel obligated to feel guilty for other peoples’ choices, that Joe will be able to be around his mother without feeling so much guilt.

Ethan says:

Even Jesus can’t make people make better choices-we have free will.

Lindsey says:

Thank you for sharing on this very important topic Rose!

With the “Process-oriented cord item — Empath gifts switch ON, causing an unskilled empath merges” cord item gone, he will most likely find it easier to feel himself (with a stronger sense of self), help to keep his awareness positioned on human objective reality and at the level of human vibrational frequency naturally.

Lindsey says:

Therefore, It will be easier to make healthier decisions and choices on how to interact with with his mother in the future.

Lindsey says:

Perhaps, he may find it even better to limit or end interaction with her, and/or set rules that he won’t be around her while she is getting high, is already stoned on weed, or for however long she continues to live this lifestyle.

Lindsey says:

He will be able to make more positive decisions for his life and own well being and to use his power to follow through on them as well.

Yay for Joe! ?

Very interesting blog and comments, but especially your comment number 9, Lindsey.

Well said!

Joe says:

Thank you all!

Explorer says:

I love all the logical consequences everyone listed.

No doubt Joe’s quality of life will increase tremendously as a result of this healing.

Explorer says:

Also comment #4, I hear you Ethan.

It’s sad how popular its becoming with easier access like cigarettes or alcohol.

Explorer says:

I manage to have a fairly healthy social life or just be out and about living my life while not smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol.

Weed on the other hand is much trickier.

Explorer says:

For one, you can’t always tell who is “high” around you. Including family members, co workers or even random people interacting at the grocery store.

Explorer says:

Now that its so popular and “cool”, avoiding it out in public is nearly impossible.

Unfortunately.

Explorer says:

Like when you’re having a breezy walk by the lake, inhaling all the much needed fresh air and just enjoying the moment, out of nowhere a biker zips by you and before you could even comprehend what happened you’re having second hand weed smoke all over you.

Explorer says:

In these times, I know that I can only keep doing my best at any given moment.

Reinserting myself back to human objective reality. And sessions with Rose are always a life saver.

Violet says:

Rose, what is your opinion on the effects of CBD (cannabidiol)? It is being touted as healthy to take as an oil and is readily available in countries where weed is illegal.

Bakeries have even started selling brownies with it.

VIOLET, good to hear from you at the blog. You know, my opinions about the impact of substances… do not come from theory. As I like to say, I’m not a theorist. Instead I help clients with RES sessions, and learn from that.

So far, I’ve never had the opportunity to research CBD. But I tell you, I’m sure not planning to take this oil, nor anything else weed-related. What’s the point of ingesting something like weed, though in a slightly different form? If you’re not into weed, just say no.

Violet says:

Thanks for your feedback, Rose! Your practical input is much appreciated.

Joe says:

Thank you for sharing all these great insights blogbuddies!

Morgan says:

18 comment – I’ve had the same experience whether I’m driving or walking in Greater Washington.

All of a sudden the smell of skunk comes and forces its sticky presence. Like it wants to saturate your clothing.