Christmas Poem 2018

Christmas Poem 2018

Christmas Poem 2018 by Rose Rosetree. “What If Your Light Mattered?”

Christmas Poem 2018. Because every year I write a holiday poem. This year you have several  choices about how to hear-and-see-and-feel it.

1. Listen to a recording I made, for those who find it especially enjoyable to hear the poetry read by the author. (Maybe this amps up the personal growth intended.)
  2. Read it. Since you can view the full text below.
  3. Run away screaming. An unlikely option, I hope. But really you have my sympathy if you’ve never found your way into liking poems.
  4. Add a poem of your own, using the COMMENT boxes below. Sometimes it’s only after adding your own contribution, only then, it’s possible to enjoy someone else’s.
  5. Read it yourself, and make a video or audio recording. Link to it in a COMMENT. Could be fun!!! Over at YouTube, someone once made a beautiful recording of the poem that you can find now at the start of “The Master Empath.” Such an unexpected treat. Beautifully done! Sadly, I just tried to find it without success, but it lives in my heart. Poetry has a way of doing that….

My Christmas Poem 2018. All Ready for You to HEAR.

This recording is here.

And for you who prefer reading directly, so you can add your own voice….

My Christmas Poem 2018. Ready for You to READ.

What If Your Light Mattered?

by Rose Rosetree

Holiday pressures told us to buy, buy, buy.

While holiday ads practically screamed at us, Feel joy. You must. ‘Tis the season.

Shop here, ‘cause we’ve got the best and the brightest,

And all of the most spectacular bargains.”

Yet none of this had a thing to do

with the light, the light that really mattered.

Because there’s a light within you that no one else sees

Not a single person, except for those who also love that kind of light:

A holy light within that spreads joy

And has no talent whatsoever

For bragging.

What if, at the end of this lifetime, each of us will arrive at heaven

quite empty handed?

Serenely blind to all the bling,

Comfortably deaf to all shows of faith;

Altogether forgetting whatever didn’t turn out to really matter.

Instead remembering only three things:

The lessons we learned

How love and truth woke us up,

And finally, how we used the lantern that holds our light, the lantern called “Choosing.”

What if, in the end, all we carried was our own light,

Kindled by the good we did when nobody else was watching,

Plus extra light that came from grace, or from seeking, or surrendering.

What if all we carried within us was that light of our own

Amplified by a perfect recollection, with the sweetest safekeeping,

Of every person we met who carried light too?

Imagine, their human faces erased; their money and shiny clothing all washed away,

Until all that remained was how they carried their light, and shared it:

Listening to us, seeing us, and maybe singing within:

O Holy Night. And O, Holy Day.

What if that light mattered?

What if that light was all that mattered?

Dancer says:

How very beautiful!

Thank you Rose for this gift, for carrying the light and helping us notice our own.

Christine Proctor says:

This reminds me of the the light spoken of in the song “This Little Light of Mine”.

Eve says:

This was especially good to read today after the depressinig runoff election result here in darkest Mississippi..

Thanks so much, DANCER, CHRISTINE PROCTOR, and EVE. Regarding that news from Mississippi, yes, I did read that this morning in the Washington Post, read it with a bit of shock and dismay.

But thank goodness, the state of Mississippi has at least one person in Enlightenment, thanks to you, EVE. And aren’t you making a bigger contribution than you could tell from everyday life! I, for one, am convinced.

An Avid Reader says:

So beautiful and uplifting to listen to! Thank you!

Brittany says:

Beautifully written. Thank you, Rose.

“Because there’s a light within you that no one else sees.

Not a single person, except for those who also love that kind of light”

Brittany says:

Although I don’t know any of you…yet, I’m so grateful for you, Rose, and all of you blog buddies “who also love that kind of light.”

Happy Holidays to everyone! ?

Jean says:

Thank you Rose for this your 2018 Christmas Poem!
    I very much appreciate the thoughts you express with your poetry.
    Find myself feeling better after reading….

Liane says:

Beautiful and inspiring poem. I will carry with me this sweetest reminder; especially this time of year when it seems as though we nearly get numbed out by all the holiday hoop-lah.

Brittany, I second you comment #7 : )

Lindsey says:

A gracious reply:
    Its beauty is in this action of Light you share, this poem,
    A vehicle of spoken
    and written words
    The richness of Truth
    Light upon your lips
    Sounds of sweet Divinity
    Carried upon the wings
    Of human breath
    A sensation for the ears
    Bold ink cast on canvas
    To paint the most vibrant
    You

Thanks for joining in our celebration here, AN AVID READER, BRITTANY, JEAN, LIANE, and LINDSEY.

LINDSEY, your voice in this beautiful poem is a lot like your spoken voice. Thanks for being the first Blog-Buddy this year to share a poem.

I love this poem Rose, and I am not a lover of poetry (more likely to run screaming from!)

Reading this is very helpful to me at this time, when so many things are awry in the world.

And also lovely, Lindsey!

Lindsey says:

Thank you Rise and Kylie! Too sweet.

Poetry written and in spoken word is a quiet passion of mine. ???

Jnana says:

Oh, the relief these words bring. Respite from the illusion.

Thank you.

KYLIE, LINDSEY, JNANA, thanks to you all.

And to all you thoughtful readers, this opinion piece from the Washington Post is fascinating… and important… reading. Reminds me that living with light, love, and power isn’t just relevant to personal growth. Could be important for turning around people with the triggering style.

Hi, Blog-Buddies. Today I replaced the original sound recording with a second one. Seemed to me, when I made the earlier recording I was still very close the poetry writing process, which is a very inward experience.

That’s good for feeling and finding a poem, but makes for a recording that’s not necessarily easy to hear. This one will work better for listening — that’s my opinion, anyway. If you do listen, hooray! Except that I goofed and called it my poem for 2019; otherwise it’s probably easier listening than the first recording.

Liane says:

The new recording is gorgeous, lending perspective that is timeless.