Holiday Creation Stories from Your Christmas 2018

Holiday Creation Stories

Holiday Creation Stories. This one begins with a special ornament.

Holiday Creation Stories from your Christmas 2018. Whether you celebrated with family or friends or alone.

Whether Christmas is a holiday your cherish spiritually. Or the day isn’t religiously meaningful to you in the least bit. Regardless…

Holidays Can Reveal Free Will at its Finest

Why? Because we choose whether or not to celebrate. Then we get to choose how.

Much like how, when it’s no fancy holiday at all, we also get to choose how we’ll live. Will it be in the direction of personal growth?

Moreover, we can almost choose spiritual awakening. In the sense that each day we can grab ourselves 20 Minutes of Technique Time. And this routine makes it more likely that we’ll have spiritual awakening on the way to Enlightenment.

Holiday Creation Stories? That Means…

What we create for ourselves on a big-deal holiday. More than most days, every holiday is a CAPITAL LETTER HOLIDAY of free will. As in the title of this book: Let Today Be a Holiday

For some it’s their favorite Rose Rosetree book. Since it’s crammed with ideas to help you create the feeling of holiday.

So let’s share stories of your joys. Even your sorrows. Any triumphs of free will?

Holiday Creation Stories. Here’s One of Mine from Yesterday

Your photo at the top of this post shows it all. I’m pointing out an ornament that my son Matt made back in preschool.

My biggest “treasure ornament” is made of:

• Four Popsicle sticks glued together
  • Framing a photo of Matt’s goofy smile at age three
  • Plus a cloud of cotton balls, painted celestial blue, surrounding him

I’ll treasure this “family heirloom” that will never last for generations.

I’ll treasure the silly thing until it all falls apart.

At least the memory can’t fall apart: All three of us with our fake Christmas tree, the goofiest ornament ever,

and genuine love that keeps growing.

My Holiday Creation Story for Christmas 2018 Also Includes

My husband Mitch, whom many of you know. Since he’s Workshop Manager and Appointment Manager.

While, to me, he’s the husband who makes me so happy.

And this Christmas Matt was visiting from the other coast.

Typically, Mitch figured out how to take a sweet photo of the three of us. A non-selfie, thank you very much.

Important why? Because I don’t care how many YouTube videos teach secrets of how to look good in a selfie.

Unless you’re either under 50 or else you’re a model, you’re not going to look that great.

So Mitch took a nice digital photo to go with the ones we take every Christmas. But that gallery exists just for the family. It wouldn’t have been right to show you’all that picture.

Holiday Creation Stories. Now It’s Your Turn

Please share a standout moment for you. Tell us why it stood out.

Especially interesting will be stories from those of you who were alone at Christmas. And/or who chose not to celebrate the biggest holiday worldwide. (Whether a secular shopping trophy day or a day of religious sacredness.)

But really, everyone’s story would be so fascinating.

Do tell!

Highlights for me,

spending Christmas with my sister,

opening presents,

eating a cheesecake I made that turned out well,

a Skype lesson with my Spanish tutor from Argentina on Christmas eve,

doing puzzles,

playing tennis outside on Christmas day,

and going to a Christmas lights display in a garden,

watching the finale of the Great British Baking Show,

pre-holiday Christmas with a good friend,

texting friends on Christmas eve and day,

reading a good book.

Solo Xmas says:

What a beautiful photo of you Rose, and what a lovely story. I spent Christmas alone, and while there was sorrow I choose not to drink, and to stick pretty close to my diet.

I had one dinner invite, but knowing there would be pot smoking, I declined. I have had the chance to make goals for how I want next year to be.

Graham says:

Hi Rose!

I spent Christmas Day alone – out of choice. I spent the day doing an overview of my finances and eating leftovers! And I loved it! It felt like a triumph of free will for me to opt out of the fuss and glitz of Christmas :-).

Graham says:

And I loved it!

Graham says:

I am very happy about how I spent the day as it felt very liberating for me to deliberately choose to do something that went against the grain of ‘social expectations.’ That feels like something very important for me.

Now, would I want to spend every Christmas like that? I’m not sure, but this year, it was great.

GEORGINA says:

1. Sharing ornaments with friends so they could decorate their first-ever Christmas tree.

2. Celebrating Christmas with a favourite relative – including respectfully declining champagne, even though she had already poured it (unasked), handed it to me and raised a toast. I’m glad I did it, particularly because it took so much courage!

Thanks so much to all you Blog-Buddies who have shared your experiences so far. Independence can take some getting used to, and so can making each year’s celebrations your own.

I’m proud of you, one and all. Also, I’m looking forward to reading other triumph tales. Because I think it’s important to claim your own way of celebrating each holiday, making it your own, for that particular year of your unique and fast-growing life.

Liane says:

Celebrating with my family of choice.

Sean says:

There’s just something beautiful about Christmas that I think I appreciate more every year.

The whole modern mythology of it, the music, the decorations, the lights. the closing of businesses (ie giving employees much needed respite and time to spend how they wish).

Sean says:

It’s beautiful, and I think important, that we’ve preserved this millennia old winster solstice / Christian tradition of reflection, slowness, seeking of greater love and meaning in our lives, especially in our increasingly capitalistic, fight for the bottom line society.

Sean says:

Far beyond any particular religious or spiritual connection to the holiday, it is I think “the most wonderful time of the year.”

Emily says:

I didn’t spend Christmas alone but I didn’t spend it the usual way either! Normally I would go to my parent’s house but this year I got to spend it with a very kind friend.

Emily says:

We went to a restaurant in London where almost everything conspired against us resulting in our order taking an incredibly long time to fulfil but the food was fantastic in the end and I guess it just meant we got to spend more time together!

Emily says:

It was really nice to see London (a little) quieter than normal and it also challenged me to drive into and park in central London!

Karen says:

What’s great about Christmas this year is that I didn’t feel alone even though I was on my own. Co-workers messaged me holidays conversations from across the country at work.

Friends, even a co-worker from a job back in 2015 sent well-wishing texts. A friend stopped by for fellowship and brought homemade Filipino food! And a date took me out on Christmas Eve to explore a Festival of Lights in a garden (he had learned that I love gardens). It was a wonderful Christmas!

Abigail says:

There was not just one thing that happened for me this holiday season, but rather the entire season has been more joyful than any I can remember.

As time passes, I continue to be more and more thankful for RES. By removing certain people from my life, I see very clearly my life and my heart being filled with even more love and joy.
    Thank you Rose!

Brittany says:

Having just found RES in 2018, this was the best Xmas season of my life.

Brittany says:

My husband and I host my side of the family (which includes having my sister, husband, and niece come to town and stay in our home a few nights).

I’ve always bent over backwards to accommodate them and make them feel comfortable (at the expense of myself).

Brittany says:

They left my house and thanked me for my hospitality, although I felt like I barely did a thing this year! Nope, I did everything a normal HUMAN would do, and did NOTHING energetically.

Fascinating… 😊

Brittany says:

I never realized how much I was ignoring myself prior to RES. I always viewed life as putting myself last, and if that meant NEVER, so be it.

Brittany says:

Typically I’m a hot mess, running around like a chicken with my head cutoff, just getting out of the shower as family arrives.

Then, preparing myself for the dread I will feel once everyone leaves…and I’ve performed God only knows how many unskilled empath merges. (Only known now that’s what was going on!)

Brittany says:

But this year? I ENJOYED everyone’s company.

My mother commented on my “grace, and finesse” and said she can’t believe the woman I am today, as she’s never seen me so content, happy, and SECURE with myself. Boy did that bring happy tears to my eyes.

Brittany says:

My husband fell ill during Xmas eve. He was in and out of bed.

Santa’s arrival was left to me. In past years, there’s no way I would have been able to pull this off without waking him. But I did it.

Brittany says:

Thank you to Rose and RES. I’ve found myself. I finally experienced the happiness and joy and love of Christmas, and it was beautiful.

I can’t wait to see what 2019 brings.

Thanks so much to all of you who have been sharing your so-human tales of triumph and personal growth.

BRITTANY, I can’t wait to see the good things that 2019 brings for us all !!!!!!!!!!!

Erica says:

Having detached myself gradually from both the religious element of Christmas and the obligation I used to feel in relation to spending it with my family (which I generally don’t enjoy, in spite of loving my family very much), I felt like I perfected my own personal Christmas this year –

I booked a remote cottage in a beautiful place and I spent a peaceful few days reading books, chatting with friends by phone and wandering in the surrounding countryside.

Erica says:

I designed it to be a few days of exactly what I wanted, and it was pretty perfect.

I also learned about some things I might prefer for similar holidays in future (like just slightly more proximity to civilisation!), so the refining continues 🙂

Erica says:

But it was wonderful to just do exactly what I wanted – and because I planned it months ago, I also got to have all that ‘vorfreude’, as the germans say – the joy we can get from looking forward to something 🙂

Erica says:

I’m so glad to hear you had such a nice Christmas with your family, Rose! 🙂

Zaybe says:

Erica, your comment #31 reminds me of something I read once – that you get almost as big a mental health boost from just planning a vacation as you do from actually going on one!

Erica says:

Zaybe – yes!! It seems we are so benefited by having something to look forward to 🙂