Horrible-Horrible Weekend. A Weirdly Inspiring Tale

Horrible-Horrible Weekend.

Horrible-Horrible Weekend. One way to NOT give yourself a headache.

Horrible-Horrible Weekend. What happened in this cautionary tale?

For starters, it was NOT Joe’s fault.

But it sure became his learning opportunity.

Here’s what happened.

Joe’s Horrible-Horrible Weekend Wasn’t Unusual

Not unusual since how was Joe’s work week? What wrecked the precious sanctuary of his weekend? Absolutely hideous-horrible-icky-and-unfair work experiences. Horrible and unfair to the max!

Picture Joe, a stand-up guy. Honorable in his relationships and also honorable in his profession.

Speaking of that work part, from the outside it might seem that Joe’s career is going great. Yeah, from the outside.

Unfortunately, office politics have created a hideous employment situation for Joe. Words like “unfair” don’t begin to do it justice.

Even worse, the company isn’t just corrupt. It’s very small. Therefore, the Human Resource Department gets away with rooting for “the home team.” To which Joe will never belong.

Complain to that HR Department? Its very existence is either a cruel joke or a crime. For sure, it won’t help Joe one bit.

Joe’s Horrible-Horrible Weekend Began So Idealistically

Temporarily free from the problems at work… And attempting to ignore all the problems at home… What could Joe do to feel better? At first, he tried to relax. Sadly, he was wound up inside, tight and twisty.

So then he did what just about any smart, educated, responsible person would do. “I’m going to analyze why all this is getting to me,” he decided.

After an hour wasn’t enough to solve the problem, Joe made himself a promise. He would devote the entire weekend, if need be. And he wouldn’t give up until he had freed himself up, psychologically.

Why Call this Brave Attempt a “Horrible-Horrible Weekend”?

Maybe you can guess, Blog-Buddies.

By the end of the weekend, Joe hadn’t “resolved” a thing. He hadn’t “cleared up his issues.” Altogether he hadn’t achieved anything helpful at all. Despite the prevalent myths about pop psychology.

Myths that we can easily heal ourselves, if only we’re brave and persistent and willing to find “the cause” of our problems.

Note: The Google link just provided takes you to upwards of 57 MILLION hits.

How Crazy Is that Widespread Assumption?

So many of us believe, natch! Of course we can serve as our own psychotherapists. (Supposedly.)

Pop psych — such a huge influence in collective consciousness — tells us so.

Actually, how much sense does that make? Let’s say that collective consciousness had seized on a different profession. Allegedly, “every smart person ought to be able to do it yourself.” Maybe:

• Plumbing?
  • Dentistry?
  • Brain surgery?

Yes, I do call it “crazy” how so many good people living today assume they can make themselves into psychologists. Without the benefit of professional training.

Sure become their own therapists… if they’re only smart enough. If they’re only suffering enough!

Preposterous, isn’t it, when you think about it? And yet as common as crabgrass.

Horrible-Horrible Weekends Like this Are Common in The Age of Awakening

If you know much about this Age of Awakening, it can bring you perspective. Why is psychological do-it-yourself-ism widely supposed to stop emotions of discomfort? Why, why, why?

Crazy though it is…

With historical perspective, the belief in “heal yourself psychologically” makes total sense.

You don’t need a PhD in psychology to work effectively with your unconscious. According to a therapist published in “Psychology Today.”

By contrast, according to Rose Rosetree, this is a dubious enterprise for self-help. Akin to working hard on turning one of your feet into an extra hand.

Yet a very understandable notion if you consider the historical context. Psychiatry and psychiatry got started about 100 years before the Shift into the Age of Awakening. (Also known as the Shift Age or the Aquarian New Age — by people whose credentials do not include energetic literacy skills. A literacy lack that just might render them incapable of fully understanding the different age in which we’re now living.)

Unless you’ve educated yourself for surviving and thriving after 12/21/12, by reading this book about “The New Strong,” you may not realize the shift that has happened. In a nutshell, you’ve now got a huge, new vibrational freedom for positioning your consciousness. Freud used to struggle to get his clients to free-associate their way to subconscious insights. By contrast, living today, Joe and you and I and everyone else… can easily go there.

And find what?

Joe’s Horrible-Horrible Weekend Introduced Him to a New World of Pain

Instead of the result he expected. A result effectively promised him by popular psychology! (How many Google hits on “Be Your Own Therapist”? 189 million.)

No wonder Joe turned to working on himself psychologically Yet after a weekend of working on himself so courageously, Joe felt worse. Much worse.

You see, he succeeded at going deeply into his upset feelings. But that only made him feel miserable.

• What if he — or you — really believe in the model of psychological healing? Then give it enough respect to pay for some psychotherapy.
  • What if you don’t believe in that model? (And you don’t have to, you know.) Then you might wish to try a couple of sessions of RES Energy HEALING — a completely different way to help people.

RES helps people to grow emotionally and spiritually. Using up-to-date skills for energy healing that work now, in The Age of Awakening.

Rosetree Energy Spirituality isn’t for everyone. But then neither is psychotherapy. (Here I do acknowledge that for some people, professional psychotherapy is THE BEST way to get help. Thank God for brave, wise therapists and psychiatrists!)

What Helped Joe? Really Helped Him!

Fortunately, he had a session with me. Even one session of RES Energy HEALING helped him a lot.

Because STUFF stuck in your aura is like an itch that you cannot scratch. And all the self-analysis in the world isn’t going to budge Causational Agreements or Causational Beliefs or Cords of Attachment or other kinds of STUFF.

By contrast, the skills of an RES Expert really do work, if you give them a chance.

By the Way… Just One More Bit of My Perspective

Joe has been an RES client off-and-on. For many years! But he has been like some of my other clients. (OK, actually, the Joe I’ve described here is actually a composite of several RES clients I’ve had over the years.)

Quickly, Joe appreciated the accuracy and helpfulness of sessions with RES Energy READING. However…

Although he would never put it to me so bluntly, Joe didn’t bother with sessions of RES Energy HEALING. Why not? Here’s why, in my view:

Because collective consciousness doesn’t yet offer much acknowledgement of the Really Effective Skills of RES. It’s still quite new in the world. And quite different from establishment values.

While collective consciousness influences all of us that “Pop psychology is the way.” Thank you, Oprah. 😉

As a refreshing, effective alternative, please consider this perspective, Blog-Buddies. Whether for yourself or for friends you have who are struggling:

Psychological self-analysis could make problems worse, not better.

Also, you don’t have to “believe” in RES Energy HEALING sessions for them to work. Just do one at a time. No contract. No commitment. Simply one session at a time. It just might free you up from suffering through life “one day at a time.”

Diana says:

I can attest to ruining many weekends thinking that diving into WHY would solve whatever problem I had-and it does not!

Diana says:

I have evolved past drowning myself in my personal hallowed pain, my subconscious has a lifetime worth for me but I choose not that.

Diana says:

With the aid of RES Healing sessions I have learned to live life right at the surface, shallow up when I need to, make changes where I need to.

Last year I left a management position to take a different role on the team (the boss was very difficult person) and I ended a friendship.

Diana says:

The friend lives down the hall in my building and I still work near the same bad boss -all the fallout could have been reason to swim around in my sorrow and ruin many weekends but I keep my head above water.

Thank you Rose and RES!

DIANA, what a generous and honest contribution to this blog. I’m proud of how you’ve been doing, no doubt about it.

Also, I love that language you created in Comment #2, “my personal hallowed pain.” Am I the only other person who’s had it with people treating their misery as though it were sacred?

Leo Watts says:

A few days ago, I was suffering a bit internally. Relatively light suffering as suffering goes, but I was replaying interactions with an acquantaince in my head.

My acquaintance Joe had said a few things I found uncouth and offensive.

Leo Watts says:

I knew I didn’t believe these things. They were really absolutist and quite nasty.

But as I sat at the gym, I kept turning these things over and over in my head. It was like Joe’s nasty opinion had temporarily invaded my headspace.

Leo Watts says:

As an RES Practitioner, I decided to give myself an RES Healing session.

I settled upon the centerpiece of cutting my Cord of Attachment to Joe. This was an excellent choice, as after the session, I had immediate results.

Leo Watts says:

I was able to immediately free myself of this Joe opinion. I could clearly see how Joe was messed up in a lot of ways, and how his skewed opinions have no bearing on how I think or choose to live my life.

Leo Watts says:

This relatively session brought me immediate, noticeable results, and reinforced what I love about RES Energy Healing, namely that it brings rapid results with a high truth value.

I was quite thankful that I had those skills in my tool belt to quickly move on from this bump in the road caused by a really upsetting interaction.

Engineer Jesse says:

I remember doing personal work at various workshops years ago and it definitely was work.

I’m always amazed that with RES that is not necessary anymore.

Victoria webb says:

Rose what about 12 step recovery in the new age of strong? Any insight ?

VICTORIA WEBB, good to hear from you. Welcome to my blog as a first-time commenter.

Look, if a 12-step program works for you, great. You’ll know. If you feel that your progress is stuck — or maybe non-existent — you really might want to supplement it with personal sessions of RES, my how-to books such as this one, or the workshops you’ll find here.

A new series of workshops is coming very soon. Funnily enough, one of the advanced courses includes a very detailed lesson about the strengths and limitations of the original 12-step program, Alcoholics Anonymous.

As for what’s different in The Age of Awakening, to the extent that one’s participation in any of these programs involves replaying one’s history of pain or addiction… and then analyzing it? You’ve made the connection already, haven’t you? Smart!

Steve says:

I’ve got something to share about this. I’m not one for analyzing emotions, not any more. Sometimes, though, I’ll have an Aha!

This isn’t something I work for. It just comes up.

Steve says:

For example, for several years I worried about my relationship with my friend Joe. Was I too dependent on him? Now I was moving to a different apartment. I wanted him to check it out before I committed.

At first I started giving myself a hard time. Like it was some kind of terrible psychological problem or being codependent. Should I start to work on it? I decided no. Like I’m just going to live my life and do what seems right to me.

Steve says:

Later that day I surprised myself. “It would feel good to do this by myself this time.” Aha! This was a gentle little thought. ‘

The thought was quiet enough. Yet I didn’t need a big trumpet explosion in my brain. That little thought was plenty. My self-authority is strong now. I pay attention to my thoughts and feelings, right there, right on the surface. I pay attention. Then I decide.

Steve says:

Long story short, I decided to sign the lease on my own.

Later I invited Joe to visit.

Steve says:

This felt very good to me.

And my takeaway is that I didn’t have to analyze myself like crazy in order to grow as a person. It could be enough to use the mind and heart that God gave me. (Maybe also have the occasional RES session to keep me growing fast.)

Emily Turner says:

I have definitely had weekends like this! I remember once I had an issue at work and I just could not stop turning over the situation in my mind.

What helped was a session where you cut the cord of attachment to the colleague causing the drama.

Emily Turner says:

It was so funny, when the cord items were not from an interaction with my colleague, but instead, all to do with my intense thinking and analysing I had been doing, and doing, over the weekend!

Not only had it not helped, but if not for the session, it would have continued to have an impact, long after that issue was forgotten!!

Thanks for all who’ve been commenting here. EMILY and LEO, as you know — whatever happens to be in your cord of attachment to a particular cordee (long story, explaining why), that particular kind of astral-level STUFF goes through you once a day, every day, for the rest of your life; often more frequently.

That’s why using an effective method for cutting a cord of attachment can often bring relief from replaying past incidents with particular people… plus other “logical consequences” that are all about your personal growth. Great stories you’ve told, LEO and EMILY. 🙂