Tribal Belonging. What Does that Mean to You?

Tribal Belonging

Tribal Belonging Prejudices are as old as dirt. Living that way now? Totally optional.

Tribal Belonging may have many meanings for you. Yes, this article stands as Part 4 of a series about Preemie GEORGINA. But we’ll go on to explore what social (or tribal) belonging means.

Including what belonging means now, in The Age of Awakening.

First of All

Here’s a summary of the other parts of this series of posts. (Made even more meaningful by wonderful comments from some of you Blog-Buddies)

1. Incubator Baby GEORGINA on an average day in her glass box. (Stage 3 Energetic Literacy. Researching an aura from a regular photo.)
  2. By comparison, some additional samples of her aura on a difficult day. (Stage 15 Energetic Literacy. Pulling out an energetic hologram from a client’s aura.)
  3. Then a good day in that incubator. A moment of Divine grace. (Additional research of energetic holograms.)

Today’s article also involves that good day, made glorious in that moment. Knowing about all this will enhance the upcoming aura reading. Making it more meaningful for you, personally.

Second, Tribal Belonging

For instance, what is that chakra databank you may have heard about — the one that involves tribal belonging.

Hardly the most popular chakra databank in this blog’s aura readings…

Yet, it’s absolutely fascinating. Depending on why you’re using energetic literacy skills in that particular situation.

Officially, the name of this aura chunk is the Root Chakra Databank for Connecting to My Social Group. Meaning, feeling as though you belong to your tribe.

When you grew up, did any family-spirited relatives talk about tribe? If so, what did they call it?

How did you feel about that, back in the day? Anything different now?

Do tell, in our COMMENTS below.

My Aunt Ellen did do tribal. Every once in a while she’d invite all the relatives over. What did she call it? “A gathering of the clan.” Maybe not a warm, personal invitation. More like, “Everyone’s coming — get that?”

Tribal Belonging Can Be Weird. Have You Noticed?

Back in the day, those gatherings of the clan gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling. Literally, emotionally warm and connected to something. Intellectually, what exactly was that group?

More to the point: Why were these not-terribly-nice people… supposed to matter to me? For sure, tribe was a very fuzzy concept back then.

Meanwhile, back to the final aura reading of Incubator Baby GEORGINA….

GEORGINA’S Root Chakra Databank for Connecting to My Social Group.

Symbolic Size: Extremely large, 90 miles.

Very large. Having her present and future illuminated by Divine presence, during this incident, wow!

• What is the baby’s experience of social group in this moment?
  • It’s an emotional experience
  • An understanding experience
  • A soul-level acknowledgement experience
  • And a conceptual experience

Altogether, it’s a fully human experience.  even though she’s still in miniature. Like how an apple seed contains what it takes to make a big apple tree.

There she is. And her body is small. Yet she’s remembering who she is, and who she has come to be.

Sense of Tribe for Baby GEORGINA

How to describe it? Tribal belonging, for her, is a little bit as if God were in human form. A little bit like that.

Like, “My tribe consists of any people I care about.”

What a Foretaste of The Age of Awakening!

Much has changed since the Shift into The Age of Awakening on 12-21-12.

Humanity — that’s what your tribe can be, living in the Age of Awakening.

By Contrast, What Was Tribal Belonging in The Age of Faith?

Simple, really. The deeper you go into history, the more it intensifies. Supposedly, tribe brings a sense of loyalty. Even superiority. And who gets to be in your tribe?

• People born near you.
  • All your blood relatives.
  • Folks with your religion.
  • People with similar coloring.
  • And, without knowledge of Face Reading Secrets®, ick! People hold onto tribal, prejudiced, inaccurate idea about “races.” And, ugh! “Ethnic features.” (By The Age of Awakening, all that is really outdated. If you don’t know why, ask in the COMMENTS section below.)

An outdated sense of tribal belonging is still entrenched in collective consciousness, of course. Tribalism had thousands of years to dump “how it has to be’s” into collective consciousness. (Although that’s still not how life has to be for you.)

How about Today’s Tribalism?

Moreover, when people today are having a hard time adapting to the new rules in The Age of Awakening, what happens?

Politics turns tribal. Gee, have you noticed?

Also, clinging to sense of tribe sometimes demands intense tribal proclaiming. Such as wearing certain kinds of clothing. Maybe designer labels. Even tattoos that proclaim your religion, patriotism, status as one of the world’s great lovers, etc.

Gladys, one of my clients, wanted me to read the aura of her crush, Joe. In the photo she sent (off Facebook?) Joe’s large chest was naked.  One side showed a large tattoo that displayed Jesus. Crucified.

“What the heck is that supposed to tell you about him?” I asked my client.

“He’s very religious,” said Gladys. “His faith matters everything to him,” she added.

My opinion was a bit different. Although not a big Bible quoter, I am very fond of this particular passage.

However, I give Joe points for his clear message of tribal proclaiming.

What about you, Blog-Buddies. How do you feel about obvious tribal proclaiming?

Do you like to play? If so, what have been the rewards?

Do you decline to play? If so, what have been the rewards?

Emily Turner says:

This is such an interesting topic Rose. I never felt much of a sense of connection to my blood relatives, and ideas of ancestry left me cold.

Recently I have declined to play even in this particular game and the rewards have been many, including much more emotional stability and peace of mind and compassion for myself.

Olivia Swan says:

I’ve never really thought about this before Rose. I grew up with the idea instilled in me that loyalty to your blood is to be defended to the death. It wasn’t relevant if they treated you like garbage.

Wow, what strange thinking that is to me now.

Olivia Swan says:

This idea of tribalism makes a lot of sense to me now. I was always an outcast growing up and it was because everyone knew I wasn’t really a part of their tribe.

What a silly idea really. We’re all just people doing the best we can.

Olivia Swan says:

This post really gives me a new perspective on the idea of people being accepting vs. not accepting of one another.

It also helps me to look at any lingering ideas of this I may have in myself!

When I was young “tribe” for me was my large collection of aunts and uncles who I loved very much.

As I got older, and became my own individual and got to know them as adults, it was hard to reconcile my lack of “fit” with my tribe.

The more I grew spiritually, the greater the gap became, many of my relatives being in serious spiritual shutdown. The more it became clear that my real tribe is my family of choice, my sister and other friends.

Kindred spirits–people who also care about growing.

I no longer play the game of pretending blood relations are my tribe just because they are family.

The rewards of not playing: freedom to grow and change and to create the life I want for myself. Not wasting energy feeling guilty about not wanting to spend time with that tribe.

Instead of have energy for people I want to spend time with.

Morgan1z says:

In small towns there is fierce high school competition in sports as to who is the best team, school, town, etc. That was labeled “school spirit”.

It can make a person feel like a traitor if they join an “outside” team.

Becky says:

It seems to me that the need to belong to a tribe is still hard wired into us, but perhaps in the Age of Awakening we are much more keenly aware of our differences at an energetic level.

Much like being in spiritual shutdown, people are clinging so tightly to the need to belong that they are willing to lie, cheat, steal to give the impression that they belong. More like a mob mentality instead of a tribal one.

Diana says:

Thank you for this blog post Rose. I can relate to all the comments so far, especially I have never felt connected to my blood relatives.

Part of my growth is being more discerning about who I spend my time with.

Thanks for these comments, everyone. BECKY, I’d like to respond to your first paragraph in Comment #10.

It was an analogy, wasn’t it, when you wrote that belonging to a tribe is “hardwired” into human beings. I agree with you that we humans will always have some characteristics that carry over from the Age of Faith into The Age of Awakening, needs related to our animal bodies, like hunger.

However, in my role spreading knowledge about what it really means, living in The Age of Awakening, here are some ideas to consider, and never meaning any personal criticism to you BECKY. You know that I like and respect you A LOT.

#1. The notion that “perhaps in the Age of Awakening we are much more keenly aware of our differences at an energetic level” is quite an evasion of the truth of what has happened.

Doing things at an energetic level is, if you think about it, so New Age. Such an idea of limited duration, from the waning decades of the Age of Faith! If my knowledge from a great deal of aura reading research is any clue, the idea is flat-out false.

instead — both now, in The Age of Awakening; and before, in the Age of Faith, humans have conscious awareness. We say things and do things in objective reality. And that objective reality counts.

By contrast, our auras do not “DO” things energetically. Loads of chakra databanks display our ever-changing spiritual evolution. But that is built into life at the astral level, a.k.a. subconscious.

Think back, though, to those New Age Years, from 1980-12/21/12. Remember “Dreamboarding”? How about other Law of Attraction practices?

Millions of people fervently experimented, dumping into collective consciousness the belief that people could do things with their energies and eventually that would shape reality. Nonsense!

#2. In “The New Strong,” which I urge all of you to read… because it can save you hardship, money, and frustration as all of humanity is adapting to our “new vibrational freedom,” what’s available to us?

An entirely different version of being human!

What’s outdated? Throwing away free will. Believing destiny. Asking spirits for “guidance.”

And also believing that blood lineage makes anybody connected in a tribal way. Much as I appreciate Dr. Henry Louis Gates Jr. (and have read his aura here at this blog), birth in this particular lifetime is not who you are. Rather, you are an eternal soul, someone who happens to be having this particular human incarnation.

#3. Seems to me, the faster we get over the outdated ideas from an obsolete age, the faster we can use our full potential in life, contributing to a world that sorely needs your intelligence, power, effectiveness, and spiritual connection.

Important to note: it does us no good to believe both things. Such as having a hobbyist’s view that, perhaps, we’re living in The Age of Awakening. But still maintaining loyalty to the old time religion, the old tribalisms, and all the rest of that mess.

We can’t compromise on this. I mean, sure, we’re free to create our own fanciful compromises. Only they don’t work. Thus, living with that sort of belief is not supported in the way that honest truth gets support.

Blog-Buddies, either you can adapt to living in The Age of Awakening as though this is important, and you give it your all… Or else you can join others who keep trying to make the Age of Faith work, maybe doing those old New Age practices harder than ever. IMO, this latter choice will slow down your career, dull down your relationships, and cause spiritual evolution to limp along.

Even worse? Trying to do both.

Like paying lip service to The Age of Awakening. Simultaneously working out a compromise. Like trying to use New Age ideas about energy to show that Age of Faith living is ours forever, “hardwired” into us.

#4. It’s endearing, in a way, using the consciousness lifestyle of Spiritual Shutdown for an analogy about human behavior, but I really wouldn’t recommend it.

I could spend the next two hours poking holes into the very well meant analogy in Comment #10, but let’s not bother.

Love this series of comments!

Especially this one Rose: “Millions of people fervently experimented, dumping into collective consciousness the belief that people could do things with their energies and eventually that would shape reality. Nonsense”

Becky says:

Thanks so much, Rose! I tripped a bit over the choice of words, but you’ve clarified.

I especially appreciate Comment #19!

BECKY and KYLIE, sweet!

Let me run this idea by you, Blog-Buddies, to get your reaction. The “looks like me” meme.

It’s crazy-big in American society now and has — wrongly, and annoyingly, in my opinion — gotten mixed up with appropriate opportunities for people with all skin colors.

For example: I need a role model who looks like me. 544 MILLION hits today on Google.

I need a teacher who looks like me. 490 MILLION hits today on Google.

Liane says:

Thank you for sharing this very personal (and precious!) part of your life. From one former incubator baby to another… aren’t we lucky to have found RES, and gain these otherwise unknown insights?

Liane says:

Trying to fit in with my biological tribe was much like being rubbed with sandpaper.

Abrasive, to say the least.

Liane says:

It has been such a relief to learn about the new rules in the Age of Awakening – I’m no longer bound by how things ‘should’ be.

An additional bonus; the confusion over the ‘shoulds’ has disappeared.

Liane says:

What used to be a lot of why’s running through my head is now more like So What!

Zaybe says:

Great thread!

I do also think though that one can outgrow tribalist ideas of belonging to a particular family or religion, and yet still enjoy ‘belonging’ to groups – it could be a club, a workplace, even a marriage/family.

Zaybe says:

The human pull to get together with others remains (though not, perhaps, the need to crush one’s own individuality for the sake of conforming…).

Ethan says:

I also love this series of comments. I was one of those that truly believed that my energies would shape my reality, and I have learned that is nonsense.

My free will and adapting is so important and this blog helps remind me-thank you!

Jnana says:

The Age of Awakening is such a relief. That I can turn my back on tribe and focus totally on right and wrong.

What joy! What strength! How lovely to be given this truth. It thrills my soul.

Steve says:

Thanks, Rose for those Comments 26 and 27. Thank you for this whole wide ranging blog.

That theme creeps me out. Supposedly people can’t do things because they can’t copy a role model? I’ve always felt so uncomfortable hearing this. Agreed, this has nothing to do with the recognition of any fair-minded person that my nation needs equality of opportunity and diversity in every workplace.

Steve says:

Now that you point it out, this is a totally tribal reaction. Like it’s so important to see people who come from my racial tribe or have my particular sexual orientation or share my disability. (Because that “looks like me” idea seems totally tribal, to me.)

You know what else? I think that when people say this they’re betraying how they are followers. Leaders don’t wait to see if other people have done things. Leaders care enough to do what ought to be done. They’re fearless that way. I want to be that kind of person, for sure.

Steve says:

Back in the Age of Faith, some courageous people managed to be this kind of leader. They didn’t wait to see who looks like me.

Steve says:

I’m curious to find out what leadership looks like now, in the Age of Awakening.

Gladys says:

Great comments, Steve. I remember finding it odd in high school and college to see students voluntarily segregated at tables during lunch or dinner.

All the white/blonde kids sat together, the African-Americans at another table, goths/athletes/social trend du jour at other tables.

Gladys says:

I recall wondering why I was never invited to sit at those tables, or why they weren’t interested in talking to me.

Gladys says:

I noticed I consistently ended up at the the most diverse lunch/dinner tables.

My meal mates were from different states, different cultures, and of different races.

Gladys says:

Some were international students, some were raised abroad, some were from out state and just moved there.

Others were just plain different with no one to share their interests.

Gladys says:

Somehow we always found each other.

Gladys says:

I think it’s easier for people to cling or expect tribal mentalities if they’ve always had a tribal exterior.

Gladys says:

It’s easy when a whole table of upper class white kids ask you to sit with them.

Gladys says:

It’s harder to understand tribalism when one is born into an external environment where no one looks similar (mixed race, religious wardrobe, etc) and there’s no social roots.

Gladys says:

I fit in the latter group, which means I was born under circumstances that forced me to lead and become my own leader by default.

Gladys says:

One time I dyed and styled my hair to fit into a new community. I thought by starting off looking like them as much as possible I would fit in much more quickly.

It didnt work.

I still looked too different; however, there was a moment when the hairdresser finished…I saw my normal my hair looked… and I realized for the first time in my life what it’s like to be born looking similar to everyone else and I felt incredibly dull.

Gladys says:

Since then I have been so thankful that I don’t fit in with the crowd, quel ennui!

Christine P says:

I agree with what Zaybe says.

Georgina says:

@Comment #28 by Liane: “Georgina, I hope you have the tribe you knew you would have – people you care about, and those who care about you.”

That is very sweet, thank you Liane. I’m building my tribe of choice, person by person. There are still openings left, heehee.