Collective Consciousness Versus Spiritual Awakening. Newsletter Announcement

Collective Consciousness Versus Spiritual Awakening

Collective Consciousness Versus Spiritual Awakening. Here’s a newsletter announcement aimed at people who are both independent and thoughtful.

Collective Consciousness Versus Spiritual Awakening. What could that choice mean for you?

The May issue of my free monthly newsletter helps you consider… How are you going to use your free will.

Because anybody can be a follower. Or — you guessed it! Anybody can choose to be a leader.

Even before the newsletter is published (aiming for May 22) you may have a lot to say about Collective Consciousness. Especially after reading what follows here.

Collective Consciousness Versus Spiritual Awakening

Today, did you do any of these?

1. Say things out loud, when alone. (A.k.a. Talking to yourself)
  2. Talk to other people.
  3. Send an email or text. Or post a blog comment.
  4. Give somebody advice.
  5. Turn on media, of some sort or another; then pay attention for two minutes or longer.

If you’ve answered YES to even one of these questions, congratulations! You’ve been contributing to Collective Consciousness.

Hey, What’s Collective Consciousness?

Collective Consciousness is an underlying factor in human feelings, thinking, expecting, and understanding.

Consider it the sum total of human behavior on earth. Because all of the popular memes add up. Until they become like ruts in the road of human behavior. Although a person’s speech can be highly original, often it’s far easier to go with the flow…

Erggg. Collective Consciousness Brings Us Terrible Clichés

Hugely influential, that flow of clichés! Expectations that “Nobody does abc.” And “Everybody believes xyz.” And “If you’re a good person, of course you qrw.”

As in:

By contrast, Blog-Buddies, you happen to be somebody who thinks for yourself. I doubt you’d have found this blog post — or blog — unless you’ve already developed a lot of self-authority. Which means that you consider yourself the main authority in your life. So you make choices accordingly.

One Choice You Can Make, Regarding Collective Consciousness, Involves Belonging

Hey, let’s leave our preview there. Next week my free monthly newsletter will go live. It can appear in your own personal collection of email. Except… What if you haven’t signed up yet for “Reading Life Deeper”? Easy to fix!

About two minutes is all it takes:

1. Simply go to my website’s  Home Page. (For a shortcut, just scroll up to the RES logo at the top of this page. Click on it.)
  2. Scroll all the way down. And there you’ll find the signup box. Easy-peasy.
  3. If you ever wish to unsubscribe, that’s easy too.
  4. And should you change your email address, it would be great if you’d unsubscribe out the old; then subscribe in the new.
  5. Of course, your confidential info will be handled honorably. No renting. No selling. You kidding?

Comment Below Any Time, Blog-Buddies

That includes sharing your reactions to the May 2019 Issue of “Reading Life Deeper.”

Ethan says:

I am looking forward, as always, to your newsletter Rose!

Thank you for giving us these monthly treasures.

Ethan says:

What seems hugely influential these days is the prevalence of “open relationships”.

Worldwide 74% of men admit that they’d have an affair if they knew they’d never get caught; 68% of women admit to a similar thought process.

Ethan says:

Recent studies show more than 1 in 10 Canadians want an open relationship.

Has this always been in collective consciousness or is this new?

Ethan says:

I’m not sure but I’m just noticing how much those around me talk about this-lots of fear around never being able to trust anybody or worrying this will be asked of them.

ETHAN, thanks so much for Comment #1. It’s one of the nicest things anybody has written about my monthly newsletter, which I’ve been doing for how long, 15 years?

About Comments 2-4, that’s fascinating. And a little sad.

Because, hello! Having “have an affair if they knew they’d never get caught” is quite some concept. To me, the very idea reveals ignorance of karma… one of the underlying laws of Earth School. Long term, we get consequences for everything that we do. Because of karma, we’re always going to “get caught.”

Besides, what is an “open relationship“? According to the dictionary at Google, it’s “a marriage or relationship in which both partners agree that each may have sexual relations with others.”

By contrast, there’s sneaking around and hoping not to get caught. Based on sessions I’ve done for clients, I’m not a fan of either approach — open marriage or secret affairs. But I don’t think I’ve ever written a single blog post about all this. ETHAN, you’ve inspired a future aura reading blog post. So thank you.

Ethan says:

I look forward to this future blog post. I know we are past the Age of Faith and we all want to be happy but at what cost.

The most recent Ask Polly is all about casual relationships. She says “Because believing in love is a good way to live as the clock ticks down. It’s a good way to taste the air, and feel the press of the sky, to fill up space on this glorious, doomed day.”

ETHAN, I haven’t read that column, but “casual relationships” — one at a time — is very different from cheating on one’s partner in a committed relationship.

Ethan says:

Yes that is true.

Casual is what’s on offer these days for singletons and something as curious to me as open relationships and cheating habits.

Maybe my perspective here can be helpful for understanding why you would equate “casual” with “cheating” and long-term sexual “relationships that aren’t exclusive.

Problems with “cheating” and long-term sexual “relationships that aren’t exclusive? They’re individual and complex; hence the planned future blog post.

By contrast, there’s a pretty one-size-fits-all problem concerning a nonstop series of one-night stands or “casual” relationships.

How long does romance-with-novelty last? Six months, tops. So the samplers never get to learn how much more there can be to a love relationship.

Recently I celebrated my 29-year wedding anniversary. For those of us in a happy marriage, not just committed to the marriage but happy — we’re very fortunate, I get that.

But even with a long-term relationship that lasts for just a year or more, one starts to learn soooooo much more about love, sharing, commitment, honesty, compassion. Samplers miss out, in my view.

Of course, this is just my point of view. Related to my life experiences and a number of choices I’ve made.

Blog-Buddies, what is your experience? Are you a fan of casual relationships? Have you been involved in cheating or polyamory?

Remember, you can always comment anonymously. Just write in the first line the name that you’d like.

Please know, however. I no longer accept pseudonyms like “Joe” and “Gladys” and “Anonymous.” If you choose one of these, I’ll substitute a more interesting name. Creativity is now officially one of the themes of this blog (ever since giving my first Creativity workshop, that made such a difference for all who attended).

Kylie Sparks says:

I lived in an ecovillage community once where polyamory was very common. It was also very common when I lived in Portland Oregon. What I noticed was how very unhappy it seemed to make all of the parties involved.

They would have weekly committee meetings to decide who would have sex when, or which night belonged to which person. Relationship by committee!!

Kylie Sparks says:

They also all believed in talking ad nauseum about every feeling every person had, and processing those emotions.

The people involved in those relationships seemed to spend every waking moment processing all of the upsets to do with their polyamorous relationships.

Kylie Sparks says:

While at the same time talking about how wonderful it was because it was all open and honest and liberating.

Kylie Sparks says:

It seemed anything but liberating to me. Talk about taking all of the joy out of a relationship!

Kylie Sparks says:

And also, I was an unskilled empath when I lived there, so I was mired in misery 24/7, living in a swamp of other people’s emotions!!!

Leo Watts says:

“They would have weekly committee meetings to decide who would have sex when, or which night belonged to which person.“

This sounds like it would be a funny and awkward meeting to sit in on.

Kylie Sparks says:

Haha, Leo! Yes indeed.

Luckily I was not present at those meetings.

I Like Salad says:

Hello Rose

Ethan’s comment 8 refers to the “Ask Polly” column which is written by Heather Havrilesky and she also has this great aura reading blog post https://www.rose-rosetree.com/blog/2018/02/09/cool-heather-havrilesky-aura-reading/ where you find she is living consciousness lifestyle of Householder Enlightenment.

I Like Salad says:

I could not see Heather’s name on the Enlightenment Life List, so am just wondering if her name has been removed?

Greetings to one of my favorite salads in all of New Zealand. Oops, I mean cats. Oops, I mean PEOPLE!

If her name is no longer on that list, it would be because — based on my research — she’s no longer living in Enlightenment. (And I just found a current YouTube video with her and confirmed.) Sorry. Happens to public figures, sometimes, depending on their choices as fame grows.

Lindsey Lorant says:

Looking forward to the next newsletter Rose! Thank you!

Also, a big congratulations and Happy 29 years Anniversary to You and Mitch! How sweet!🥳😃💕

I Like Salad says:

Oh that’s sad news in comment 25.

Thank you from this cat salad person for confirming whether she was or was not still living in Enlightenment. 🙂

Liane says:

Thanks for the May newsletter!

As someone who lives with ruts on a daily basis, I can attest that collective consciousness is like being stuck in a rut.

Liane says:

Hard to get out of the deep ones. Harder yet to convince people it’s okay to drive out of the ruts.

Really, it’s okay.

Liane says:

What’s the worst that can happen?

Some are afraid of making new ruts. Some don’t want to have to think about driving between the old ruts.

Liane says:

Me? I’m a rebel.

I drive out of the ruts. Sometimes even cross-country, not on any road at all. I take advantage of the privilage of having the space in which to do so.

Liane says:

Gaining self-authority, and learning to think for myself is an even better kind of privilage.

I’m not limited to roads or fence lines. Reading the newsletter helped me realize there’s no way to live up to my personal potential without continuing to dare to not just drive out of the ruts, but grow out of them as well.

Rose says:

Wow, Liane, so eloquent! Thank you.