Meditation Warning. Aura Reading Three Popular Techniques

Meditation Warning. Really, I prefer to write about joy. But, if you keep reading, I think you’ll understand why I’m publishing today’s very serious article.

Meditation Warning. Today I’ll read auras of leaders who teach three of today’s most popular spiritual awakening techniques: Where you sit, close eyes, and meditate.

Have you ever meditated with one of these methods?

1. Devotional Siddha Yoga
  2. Concentration-Related Buddhist Meditation. Like Insight Meditation. And Vipassana. Also, offerings from the big business called “Shambala.”
  3. Also, Transcendental Meditation. (In my memoir, “Bigger than All the Night Sky,” TM plays a big role. You learn how I fell in love with it. But that was then. I’m writing now.)

Please share this article with anybody you know who might be interested. Of course, all readers are invited to comment below.

Why Write this Article?

I’ll warn you right now. This article is “not positive.”

And don’t many of you believe this? “Live and let live.”

Perhaps your first reaction to what follows might be: “None of your business. Either choose this meditation path for yourself. Or else leave it alone.”

Well, here’s the thing.  I’m a spiritual teacher too. A teacher with energetic literacy skills. And an Enlightenment Coach who knows that all of us are now living in the Age of Awakening. Where many old rules and old ways no longer work. Instead, they’re counter-productive. And, yes, that applies to spiritual practices that are now obsolete.

Therefore, I’m going to research auras of three meditation teachers. Gurus or students of gurus! People who might once have been very effective spiritual leaders. At least before the Shift into the Age of Awakening on 12/21/12.

Please read what follows. Then maybe ask yourself:

1. Would I buy shoes from a shoemaker who limps, due to wearing homemade shoes that pinch?
  2. Does this meditation technique work NOW, in the Age of Awakening? Maybe not like it used to!

For Today’s Aura Research, I’ll Be Using Stage 3 Energetic Literacy

Stage 3 Energetic Literacy means reading auras in detail… from a photograph.

But what’s a chakra databank? That link I just gave you will supply the basics.

If YouTube videos are more to your taste, here’s a short intro to essential energetic literacy. “Stage 3,” it’s called. And I’d love to teach you how to develop that. (Here would be a grand place to start.)

For today’s aura snapshots of top meditation teachers, hmmm. I’ll choose these chakra databanks:

#1. Throat Chakra Databank for Verbal Integrity

Seems to me, telling the truth is essential for Enlightenment Coaching. Surely, every teacher of a spiritual practice of meditation qualifies as an Enlightenment Coach.

#2. Heart Chakra Databank for Emotional Self-Honesty

Because that’s sure required to progress toward Enlightenment. In my experience, anyway. As I’ve learned, helping these RES folks, now in Enlightenment.

#3. Third Eye Chakra Databank for Connection to Spiritual Source

Since that’s pretty much the point: Having that Divine connection. Plus, integrating it. So that all of a person’s chakra databanks work beautifully.

Meditation Warning #1. Swami Gurumayi Chidyvilasananda, Leader of Siddha Yoga

First, words of praise for Gurumayi and Siddha Yoga.

Then, a link to a cautionary article.

Now, here’s the image I’ll use for research

Throat Chakra Databank for Verbal Integrity

Symbolic Size: Out to the moon. (Trillions of miles.)

A large group of astral entities run this guru. Filling up this chakra databank. Causing her to speak as her puppet. Quite standard, really, for somebody in extreme spiritual addiction.

Heart Chakra Databank for Emotional Self-Honesty

Symbolic Size: Out to the moon. Definitely over-functioning.

While running this chakra databank for Gurumayi, the entities are laughing. Sinister and creepy! Apparently they feel a certain glee, manipulating what she says. So, in turn, they can manipulate Siddha Yoga followers.

Third Eye Chakra Databank for Connection to Spiritual Source

Symbolic Size: 1/8 inch. Completely shut down.

Ironically, at the time of this photograph, Gurumayi is personally cut off from experience of the Divine.

In Conclusion

I’ll say this just once in today’s blog post. Rather than repeating it again and again.

I’m very sorry to find what I did. Yet I believe it is my duty to report this.

If you follow a guru who has been corrupted, then the teaching is corrupted. You put yourself at risk. Hence the title of this article, “Meditation Warning.”

Meditation Warning #2. Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche, Teacher for Shambala and other Buddhist Organizations

First, an official website.

Then, a link to cautionary articles.

Now, here’s the photo I’ll use for research

Throat Chakra Databank for Verbal Integrity

Symbolic Size: Out to the moon. Terribly over-functioning

More than most people in extreme spiritual addiction, Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche, has no idea she’s being run by entities.

Structurally, the chakra databank does go out trillions of miles. And it’s packed with entities, having fun.

Operationally, the sweet Buddhist teacher has about six inches within that chakra databank. Where she still feels like herself. Feeling very much as she did when (previously, but clearly not now) in Traditional Enlightenment.

Heart Chakra Databank for Emotional Self-Honesty

Symbolic Size: Out to the moon. Again, over-functioning.

Evidently, what was part of this beautiful reunciate’s path? Ignoring herself. Disliking herself. Having as little a personal sense of self as possible.

Sigh! She may feel like she’s doing great now. Because Jetsün quality is out-numbered maybe 5,000:1. No emotional self-honesty is possible when one is run by a group of astral beings.

Third Eye Chakra Databank for Connection to Spiritual Source

Symbolic Size: 1/8 inch. Flatlines.

Seems to me, the entities in this chakra databanks are laughing. Like it’s funny that they could take over even this. When Jetsün had given her life for God.

In Conclusion

If Extreme Spiritual Addiction could happen to the Dalai Lama, it could happen to anybody on a Buddhist path. I remember the day I saw a current photo of him, and researched his aura. Then I took his name off my Enlightenment Life List. Inside, I was crying for quite a while.

You see, Blog-Buddies, I’d heard him speak once, here in D.C. For that, and many reasons, I held him high. Really, I loved the Dalai Lama. But he’s not really himself any more. That’s a danger anyone risks now, doing concentration techniques like Vipassana, Insight Meditation, and the like.

Once upon a time, they worked. Now they leave a person open to opportunistic astral entities.

Meditation Warning #3. Bob Roth, Teacher of Transcendental Meditation

First, the official TM website. Plus, an article about Bob Roth.

Then, a link to cautionary articles.

Here’s the photo I’ll use for research.

Throat Chakra Databank for Verbal Integrity

Symbolic Size: Out to the moon. Over-functioning? Definitely.

A large throng of entities speaks through Rob. Maybe not a shock to you by now?

Gosh, Blog-Buddies. I don’t pay a lot of attention to the particular group of entities running folks in extreme spiritual addiction. But I can’t help but notice… This is one of the most arrogant collection of entities I’ve met (however slightly) yet.

Heart Chakra Databank for Emotional Self-Honesty

Symbolic Size: Out to the moon. Again, wildly over-functioning.

Besides having characteristics of arrogance, I notice power and confidence. Plus a kind of glamour.

With Stage 1 Energetic Literacy, Mr. Roth might seem really, really cool.

With Stage 3 Energetic Literacy, not so much.

Third Eye Chakra Databank for Connection to Spiritual Source

Symbolic Size: 1/8 inch. Completely shut down.

In a part of Bob Roth’s aura that might be considered “God’s throne,” who’s there? A small number of entities. Sneering.

In Conclusion

Back in the day, TM could help people.

Actually, back when I taught, through 1985, what would we promise initiates? “Do 20 minutes of TM in the A.M. and P.M. Then you’ll reach Enlightenment in 5-8 years.”

Later the TM Movement dropped that claim. No doubt, today’s TM teachers don’t recognize how the process has been corrupted. Don’t expect folks like Bob Roth to tell you. Or even to know.

My goodness, I knew Bob Roth once. He seemed like a sweet guy. Sigh!

Overall, Yes, Today I’ve Given You a Meditation Warning

Any reactions? Any questions?

For instance, feel free to name any type of meditation technique you’re curious about. Provide the name — or even a photo or link to a YouTube video. That would be for somebody who teaches it NOW. Also I’d really appreciate your summary (or a website link) about what this technique is supposed to accomplish.

This offer is good through July 2019 ONLY.

Since photos from pre-12/21/12 might be wonderful. But you’re living now, in the Age of Awakening.) So ask about a style of meditation, or a public figure, who teaches it NOW.

Comment away. I’d love to tell you about a form of meditation that’s really good for people like you or me.

Just yesterday I talked to an eligible young bachelor who had found some matches at a dating website. When he got in touch with one of them, to maybe set up a date, she sent him an email with these questions:

1. Do you want to have children?

2. Are you excited by intelligent women?

3. What is your meditation practice?

How nice of her to let him know right off the bat what a dangerous person she would be to date. Also helpful when dating candidates post photos of themselves holding a glass of liquor, or with an arm around another person!

And when people drive trucks with huge flags or crosses so you can know something about their consciousness lifestyle right away.

And, thank you for this blog.

It is sad, but necessary for people to know how these once beautiful spiritual paths are now not only not helpful, but actively dangerous for someone who wants to remain in human based spirituality.

Rueful laugh to your Comment #3! And thanks for both of your comments this morning, KYLIE.

Ethan says:

Thank you Rose for bringing this truth to the world.

I found this interesting: “More than most people in extreme spiritual addiction, Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche, has no idea she’s being run by entities.”

Ethan says:

It has been sad for me to find out when people I know are now in extreme spiritual addiction-they never say they don’t feel like themselves, and they still look the same on the outside, but I know.

Ethan says:

Although I am grateful for knowing what I know about meditation- I will say I sometimes miss the practice and the people.

Finding other interests to replace what was once so important to me is what keeps me busy these days.

ETHAN, thanks for all you’ve written here. Concerning your Comment #8, have you thought of this? It might make a really interesting session of RES Energy HEALING:

Moving past your loyalty to old spiritual or psychic practices (including those called “spiritual”)! For example, I might pull out an energetic hologram of what happened when you were in the midst of a meditation.

Quite possibly, you were experiencing “The Romance of the Astral.” Since so many meditation techniques available from 2013 on… have been corrupted. Without fanfare. Without acknowledgement.

The only way you’d find out about trouble in auras — at the level of chakra databanks — would require having at least Stage 3 Energetic Literacy. This, I may as well reassure all of you independently minded, strong spiritual seekers: this degree of literacy is well within your abilities. Clairvoyance-based techniques are so obsolete now, so Age of Faith. Rather than helpful in this new Age of Awakening.

Sadly, the high that a meditator is promised, these days, it isn’t an experience at the Divine Vibrational Frequency.

Instead, it’s an astral experience, possibly involving quite a few astral entities connecting to your aura. That feels like a high, but it’s the opposite of spiritual evolution. (Blog-Buddies, if you don’t know why this is so, by all means ask in a comment below. I can explain.)

So those meditators who were your friendly companions, back in the day, energetically might have been more like drinking buddies: Astral companions.

Because here’s what you most likely had in common. You moved into a higher vibrational frequency that felt high — compared to human vibrational frequencies — but this high was astral, not Divine.

Ethan says:

Regarding your comment #9-I had not thought of that for a session:) I think that would be very interesting.

I have stopped all meditation and new age anything for a long time now but I think of it from time to time, kinda like old drinking buddies– that notion made me laugh out loud.

You got the point, then. Excellent!

Steve says:

This strikes me as important, this blog post. But it wasn’t easy to read.

Sometimes this blog is controversial. Nothing more so than this particular article. I’d like to thank you for your courage in calling a spade a spade.

Steve says:

One thing bothers me about what you’ve written. Putting it in the form of a question, it goes like this.

Steve says:

Or are you warning people not to start a meditation practice now?

Or were you trying to say something else?

I Like Salad says:

Hi Rose

Would people who use cannabis regularly also be open to extreme spiritual addiction as with these types of meditation practices that are no longer beneficial?

STEVE, thanks for these questions. I’m aiming to answer tomorrow, when I’m fresher.

I LIKE SALAD, hi back at you! Seems to me, it really depends on the person’s situation. For example:

Joe regularly uses medical marijuana. He’s dying of cancer. Could be, that’s the best he can do in his waning days. So, yeah, he gets into spiritual addiction during those last days or weeks or months or even years. I’m guessing, in theory, not such a big deal compared to other weed users.

Gladys, she smokes pot for fun and because she likes the astral high. She could find herself in a progressive addiction, moving further and further away from reality. Spiritual addiction.

Sad but common. Likewise with alcoholism.

Incidentally, maybe you’ve noticed. I’m not using your term, “cannabis,” because — just me — I think it adds dignity and a medical allure, like so many other Latin terms. And I find that quite annoying.

Taking recreational drugs isn’t fancy or healthy, no matter how lovely the hookah! Not fancy at all to someone like me, who has researched the wreckage left by recreational drugs: Shattered auras, diminished use of personal talents, families shrunken by tragedy, and wasted lifetimes.

Anyway, I LIKE SALAD, what’s going on with the meditation techniques… that’s what I’ll be responding to tomorrow, responding to this part of your question as well as STEVE’s.

Excellent questions. Thank you both.

I Like Salad says:

Thank you Rose, for these examples of Joe and Gladys, and I do agree with your comment #22, especially the wretchedness of addiction for everyone involved.

Incidentally, I LIKE SALAD and STEVE — plus other Blog-Buddies with curiosity about this blog post and its implications. Turned out, other priorities have kept me from commenting more extensively, as I hoped to in my Comment #23.

Now I’m aiming for tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, of course, your comments are invited about any questions or personal experiences related to this blog post.

Gwen says:

First of all, thank you you Rose for being so courageous to share this research.

These particular spiritual/meditation teachers have big followings. It is a big deal to share the Truth and exposing what is going on underneath the surface of human life.

Gwen says:

It is so very sad that these once so beautiful teachers and practices use to help so many lovely, caring, spiritual seekers,

Gurus and teachers have been taken advantage of and manipulated by some very nasty or vicious astral beings and entities.

Gwen says:

It infuriates me too!

And because I have learned Stage3 Energetic Literacy I have read auras of some (one of which was the Dalai Llama, just before you read him and took him off your list), and have actually had results of entities sneering and enjoying themselves playing puppeteer.

Gwen says:

As terrible as that sounds, I logically do believe and have great hope that as more and more become aware of these shenanigans of opportunistic astral beings, through Stage3 Energetic Literacy, the less problem humans will have with them.

GWEN, you’re welcome. And thanks for all your comments. Of course, you’ve been using Stage 8 Energetic Literacy, which is the first level of expertise where I teach how to flag different consciousness lifestyles.

Granted, with regular Stage 3 Energetic Literacy, one can find “Icky!” in chakra databanks when somebody is in deep trouble, one way or another. And then that’s enough of an answer for you about whether to study with that guru, etc.

Of course, all you Blog-Buddies are invited to nominate anybody you like for my Enlightenment Life List, and these days I will comment on consciousness lifestyle as part of the free service.

Related to Comment 28, many people with Stage 8 Energetic Literacy have stuck around in chakra databanks long enough to notice what you flagged, GWEN. Noticing once is enough. From now on, stop reading that deeply into the chakra databank. Consider your curiosity satisfied!

Also, at this blog thread, for convenience, feel free to ask about any meditation teacher who is a public figure. (Not necessarily famous, just with a website, etc.)

Comment anonymously if you like. How to do this, at this monitored blog? In the first line write something like “Call me Guinivere” or whatever name you choose. I’ll do the rest. NOTE: No longer am I allowing folks to call themselves Joe, Gladys, or Anonymous. So boring, you know?

Now I’ll start responding to your questions, STEVE, in Comment #16: “Do you think that people who’ve been meditating in modalities like this for a long time, any time since the Shift at the end of 2012. Are you saying that they’re necessarily being corrupted by their spiritual practice?”

I’m not in a position to know. What would I prefer? For anybody who’s wondering about their fit with a spiritual practice to book a research session with me. At best, it will bring peace of mind and validation. Although I can’t promise that. Whatever we find, it will specific and very much about your situation.

Adding in STEVE’S Comment #17, “Or are you warning people not to start a meditation practice now?” Definitely, as I’ll continue to explain. And no, I wasn’t trying to say something else.

But you got 2 ideas right out of 3. Pretty darned good, STEVE.

Why warn people to avoid starting a meditation practice now? And that would be any kind of meditation practice!

The same reason why long-term meditators like Clint Eastwood, Jerry Seinfeld, Katy Perry and others have moved into extreme spiritual addiction.

Explaining, I’m going to get a bit technical. What follows doesn’t make sense, just consider it a lot of garbage.

Haha, just kidding. Please read “The New Strong.” It gives you a clear and systematic, and very human, understanding of terms like “Age of Awakening” and today’s new vibrational freedom.

What do meditation techniques have in common? You position your consciousness in the desired direction. Any meditation technique helps a person to do that. And different techniques produce different consequences.

A dull-yourself, divide-your-mind technique such as Mindfulness Meditation may be popular, but it’s a way to get calm and feel safe… through spiritual shutdown.

Most meditation practices, like the three different kinds I flagged in the main post, are more aspirational. The meditator aims for something higher and opens up to energies.

And that’s where things get tricky. As described in “The New Strong,” during these early decades of the Age of Awakening, humanity has two big problems:

Problem #1. People don’t know how to use their new vibrational freedom, and become vulnerable to spiritual addiction.

Problem #2. With the end of the psychic barrier, the veil, after the Shift on 12/21/12, opportunistic astral entities and ETs are trying to get a piece of the action. Most dramatically by enticing people to move into extreme spiritual addiction.

What’s their inducement? It depends. When it comes to meditators, one strong inducement is “feeling high.”

You see, people can’t tell apart astral and Divine energies while in a meditative state. Discernment requires good energetic literacy. (Gee, where at this website have you ever heard me urge you to get Stage 3 Energetic Literacy, for fun and also for self-protection!)

Sadly, people surrender into their meditation. And beautiful protections around meditation techniques with an ancient tradition… no longer work well in the Age of Awakening.

Exhibits A, B, and C. The beautiful souls I researched in the main blog post here. What have I found by reading auras of long-term meditators? MANY of them are now in extreme spiritual addiction.

Now, over to your cannabis question, I LIKE SALAD, from Comment #18. When somebody gets high from a drug, that person has not positioned consciousness to get there, right? Not like meditation.

Instead, the chemical acts on the person’s physiology to position consciousness. The impact of smoking weed is, admittedly, pretty awful from my perspective. At this blog, search on marijuana and you ‘ll find loads of articles, going into detail about particular people whose auras I’ve researched.

Most likely, people who smoke weed etc. develop very different problems. Not usually extreme spiritual addiction. Almost inevitably plain vanilla spiritual addiction.

So there you have it. People who personally and repeatedly position their consciousness away from reality, especially if they lack energetic literacy, can’t tell what they’re getting into. And what they’re getting into can involve opportunistic astral beings. Even if the practice is, in theory, supposed to bring Enlightenment.

TOBY recently sent a group of candidates for the Enlightenment Life List. In response, my comments #3149-3152 flag — researching four different high-level teachers of A Course in Miracles.

Plus, Marianne Williamson, whom I’ve also researched for the Enlightenment Life List came to fame as a teacher of this same system, sometimes abbreviated as ACIM. By now she, too, is in extreme spiritual addiction.

Is it a coincidence that all five are in extreme spiritual addiction? I don’t think so. Let’s use A Course in Miracles as an example of a meditation-like spiritual practice.

According to Wikipedia, “A Course in Miracles defines “miracle” as the conscious choice to make that mind shift, including its non-observable effects on the minds of others. The workbook lessons attempt to train the reader to see oneness in all living things for a steadily increasing time of the day.”

Written in 1976, the author claimed that the book had been dictated to her word for word via “inner dictation” from Jesus. Wikpedia also notes that “the writing made her very uncomfortable.” Sounds like channeling an astral being to me!

In any case, ACIM encourages students to make mental shifts in the midst of daily life. Moreover, it’s an aspirational system, where people aim to detach from life and apply the principles they were taught.

Does it surprise you that this system has resulted in a lot of teachers moving into extreme spiritual addiction? Look:

They’re detaching from life. They’re trying to experience and live a complicated belief system that may not have a high truth value humans but a lot of astral-type allure.

What else? Most likely, ACIM believers are open to receiving more such inspiration. Coming from higher beings that they consider Divine but which I’d flag as astral.

In short, if you love ACIM and totally enjoy the results, then stay on your path. Otherwise consider… re-considering that path in the light of common sense. (And in the context of research in this blog thread.)

I Like Salad says:

Thank you for comments 42 & 43 Rose, clarifying the distinction between pot smoking and meditation impacts on consciousness. That description makes a lot of sense, much appreciated thank you.

Steve says:

Thanks for sharing all this, Rose. It makes sense to me.

Even though I can still feel sentimental over some of my Age of Faith “golden oldies,” I’m determined to move on and learn how to thrive in the Age of Awakening.

Mel says:

Hi. Would you read Jon Kabat-Zinn? He teaches people with chronic pain how to meditate out of the pain. I believe he teaches mindfulness to do this. He has a book and audiobook called “Full Catastrophe Living” aimed at introducing people to these types of meditations. I’ve always been curious about how his work impacts auras. Here he is in 2016, in the process leading a meditation:

Thank you!

Holly says:

Hi Rose, I am nominating Laura Hopper. She is the Founder and Director of Psychic Horizons in San Francisco, a school that teaches Clairvoyant Training.

Holly says:

Here is their “Who We Are” statement:

Psychic Horizons teaches integrated meditation as a bridge between you as spirit and your everyday life. These meditation tools benefit your life immediately and allow you to increase self-care, manage stress, improve relationships and create change so you thrive in all areas of your life.

Holly says:

I took some of this training, back in the day.

Holly says:

From what I remember, each meditation session is generally structured this way:

I. Ground by imagining a cord from tailbone to the earth’s core
    II. Complete the loop by imagining a cord from the crown to the center of the universe

Holly says:

III. State a goal

IV. Wait for an image to pop up that represents an obstacle to the goal

Holly says:

V. Blow up the image, this is called “de-energizing pictures”

VI. I don’t recall how to end a meditation

Holly says:

I enjoyed my studies at Psychic Horizons but decided to move on.

MEL, let’s start with your request in Comment #51. First of all, because Jon Kabat-Zinn is a meditation teacher, I’m going to duplicate your comment and post it at the Enlightenment Life List.

If it turns out that, based on my skills and experience, the research reveals that he’s in Enlightenment, that would be wonderful. Especially since he helps people with chronic pain.

Over at this thread, it’s important to understand that the bodies of people in chronic pain may respond very differently to a meditation technique than is the case for a person who, fortunately, does not have to endure such suffering.

Anything that can help people — especially as an alternative to drugs like Oxycontin — is worth doing.

What I’m researching for you here is the impact on his own aura of what he teaches and, presumably, does.

That’s not necessarily the same as the impact on people with chronic pain. What if you revisit my recent blog post on Mindfulness Meditation? You’ll read about detachment and spiritual shutdown. You know, for people who aren’t in chronic pain, that’s pretty awful. But opiates create a nightmare variation on spiritual shutdown.

MEL, he’s in extreme spiritual addiction. Please look again at what I had to say in the main post about how a corrupted meditation CAN corrupt you.

This has nothing to do with the fear some people have had that a state of consciousness, like extreme spiritual addiction, is contagious. It isn’t — unless you sit and close your eyes and do with your awareness whatever that individual tells you to do. Beware studying meditation with a person in extreme spiritual addiction!

HOLLY, thank you very much for the helpful Comments #52-58, concerning the sort of meditation taught by Laura Hopper and those she trained. I’m commenting in order to bring clarity to the people who study with me. All of us have our paths.

The following comments reflect my perspective as a consciousness engineer, somebody with an unlikely combination of energetic literacy (including Consciousness Positioning Consults®), background as an Enlightenment Coach, and skills developed over many lifetimes. All this training and experience has combined to help me be of some use when evaluating meditation techniques, or other methods that involve consciousness.

So I won’t be commenting lightly, as in gossiping about somebody who has probably given her whole life to the school she has founded.

Now for some extra disclaimers: I’ve never done the technique that you’ve described. Nor studied at Hopper’s school. Furthermore, you have simply reported what you remember, which is not the same as studying there. Altogether, my intent is to do my best to provide some insight, Ms. Hopper’s aura at the time of the photo you supplied. Following that will come my perspective in the light of what you’ve provided, plus my skills as a consciousness engineer.

So here I am, HOLLY, looking at Laura Hopper’s aura with Stage 1 Energetic Literacy. Also known as “first impressions.”

And I am impressed by her sweetness, plus her beautiful bright eyes.

Now, over to doing a proper aura reading, using Stage 3 Energetic Literacy. Which is not the same thing as thinking that she looks like a really nice person.

And there she is, sweetly in spiritual addiction. This doesn’t surprise me, given what you’ve written so far (and I’ve read from you here) about the method you remember studying, HOLLY.

Okay, first things first. There’s Laura Hopper, a professional psychic, with a school called “Psychic Horizons.” And she’s teaching meditation.

Only if you use the term “meditation” in the loosest possible sense — “doing something on purpose with your awareness” — would any psychic qualify as a meditation teacher. Ideally, meditation helps people with spiritual development.

As a consumer of meditation services, Blog-Buddies, please be aware that, in these early years of the Age of Awakening, two particular (very different) chakra databanks are quite mutually exclusive. Optimistically, I expect that this will change, after people have settled in to using our new vibrational freedom that I’ve written about in “The New Strong.”

But for this time in human history, if one of the two following chakra databanks is big and strong, the other will be stuck. And that would certainly be the case for Laura H.

Her Third Eye Chakra Databank for Connection to Psychic Guidance is over-functioning — to the tune of trillions of miles.

Rapturous! Feeling so important, with endless discoveries and replete with, what I call, The Romance of the Astral.

Meanwhile, her Third Eye Chakra Databank for Connection to Spiritual Source is out just 3 inches, close to completely shut down.

And the quality is a vague sort of gloating, as though she “knows everything about all that.”

Because psychic or astral experience is totally different from spiritual or Divine experience, it’s really important for smart seekers of truth to stop confusing them.

Quite often you’ll find well-meaning people who advertise as “Intuitive reader and spiritual teacher” or “Clairvoyant psychic and spiritual guide,” etc. Don’t just walk away. Walk away fast! That’s my recommendation.

Now, on to considering what the various steps of the technique (as summarized above) would likely have done to your consciousness, HOLLY.

As you know, if you wanted to pay for a session of RES Energy READING, I could research the steps of doing this “meditation” frame by frame, as it were, pulling out a series of energetic holograms. Although I have a hunch that the following description will be plenty for you. 🙂

Over to Step 1: Ground by imagining a cord from tailbone to the earth’s core.

First problem here? “Grounding” is a now-obsolete leftover from the New Age Years. It confuses imagining something about energy… with making a permanent difference to either a person’s aura or a person’s actual life. In case it’s helpful, you can read more about why grounding doesn’t work in this article on Grounding.

Next problem: Visualization can be fun. Especially if you like playing with energies — as so many of us understandably did during the New Age Years (1980 until right before the Shift into the Age of Awakening).

But that astral allure sparks up one’s impressions that visualizations are powerful. Whatever power they have, IMO, is mostly due to the placebo effect. That’s it.

Step 2: Complete the loop by imagining a cord from the crown to the center of the universe.

Please, can you really locate the center of the universe? I sure can’t. Perhaps the Psychic Horizons school includes plenty of lectures about where to find the Center of the Univeeeeeeeeeeerse.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a high proportion of the meditators start to feel uneasy around now, as though they might be faking it. Understandably!

However, in my experience, integrity is required for receiving benefits from meditation. Faking things doesn’t cut it.

And, of course, let’s repeat as often as needed: Visualizations are not generally powerful for meditation, especially now in the Age of Awakening. Getting spaced out on one’s imagination is not a valid way to find personal growth or spiritual awakening. Or, as this technique apparently promises, as it continues… significant energy healing.

Step 3 is to state a goal. It’s unclear to me, from the description supplied, whether this method involves thinking goals or saying them out loud.

Either way, counter to the energy allure of the New Age Years (or allure in the present, for people who don’t yet know they are living in the Age of Awakening, nor know which techniques work well now)….

Thinking or saying a goal accomplishes very little. (Outside of one’s own thoughts and feelings.)

Might I suggest? If you’d like to know more about achieving goals, I’d recommend this book for effective goal setting. Plus loads of simple — but powerful — skills for gaining more success and prosperity.

Step 4 is a doozy: Wait for an image to pop up that represents an obstacle to the goal.

You may know, this consciousness engineer was involved in teaching the Transcendental Meditation Program from 1970-1986. Like other TM teachers, I can assure you that people who meditate can have innumerable random thoughts. Random thoughts.

To consider them meaningful and important, or the basis for healing something? It strains credulity that somebody could build a “meditation” technique — or a “healing” technique on “wait for an image to pop up.” A random image!

Why all the emphasis on seeing? That’s so Age of Faith, that spiritual experiences involve seeing. Or visions. In the Age of Awakening we have systems like Aura Reading through ALL Your Senses. So that everybody’s unique combo of subtle perception gifts can be acknowledged… And become useful!

Step 5. Blow up the image. (This is called “de-energizing pictures,)”

Best case, seems to me, of how this might work: The meditator creates a thought form. Then creates a thought form of the exploded image. Look, if you’d like to learn about thought forms and versions of energy healing with some rigor, you might wish to consider the Spiritually Sparkling Collection of Workshops. Or any other effective, energetically clean, system for energy healing.

Using one’s imagination to remove the energy from a visual thought? It’s all done with consciousness, isn’t it? Mental energy removing a different bit of mental energy…. really?

Unless a person is involved with magical thinking supported by astral entities — such as voodoo — this is a completely ineffective approach. Apart from the placebo effect. While, if spirits so happen to get involved, that creates a load of extra problems (not solutions at all).

Step 6. I don’t recall how to end a meditation.

Any well-constructed form of meditation would include very specific instructions for coming out of the practice. Maybe these instructions weren’t really vague. Like, HOLLY didn’t remember them but very specific instructions were given.

But I know HOLLY pretty well, and she has impressed me with her quick grasp of concepts, her brilliant mind, and her exceptional memory.

For those of you who are curious about meditation techniques, one good consumer question could be, “Is there a definite end to a meditation sitting, or is it considered good to have it spill over into the rest of my day?” Beware any teacher who recommends sorta-meditating.

HOLLY, thank you for giving a detailed example of something taught as a meditation practice. Or taught as a healing practice. Taught by a psychic. Blog-Buddies, I’ll complete my response to this chunk ‘o blog by giving you some links that might help you to understand what’s involved in meditation.

This one, comparing meditation to hypnosis. And this one, about Technique Time. And, finally, this one about another psychic’s brand of meditation that was supposed to heal my client…. but did the opposite.

Holly says:

Hi Rose,

Thank you for the research!

You’re welcome, HOLLY. I don’t think either of us can imagine what personal growth practices will be like… 100 years into the Age of Awakening. Or 1,000 years in.

When the sort of energetic literacy I’ve demonstrated here has become mainstream. And, even, nearly universal.

Consider, human beings developed widespread word literacy less than a thousand years ago, back in the Age of Faith.

And since the Gutenberg era in the West — and equivalent spread of literacy in the East — literacy has been transforming everyday life ever since.

Of course, consumer choices will be very different when just about everybody has Stage 3 Energetic Literacy.

Even now, after developing good aura reading skills, we don’t have to blindly choose what’s most popular. Or what’s free (since, supposedly, that means it’s “good” and “spiritual”). Or choose what’s the most celebrity-hyped. Because somebody very pretty, rich, and followed… “really” has great discernment about what helps with spiritual evolution.

Instead we can research the aura of the teacher or healer, plus auras of others who use that same method. Clarity!