Non-HSPs OR HSPs: SOCIAL Sensitivity Skills

Non-HSPs — or HSPs — or Empaths: attention! You can improve your SOCIAL Sensitivity Skills and help change the world. Here’s how.

Non-HSPs or HSPs or empaths — which one are you? Innate sensitivity isn’t negotiable, as discussed in “Becoming Sensitive,” our Part One of this Three-Part Series. A series designed to bring you skills for a kind of sensitivity that everybody can have. Bringing you more success and personal growth. Maybe even helping with spiritual awakening.

Gaining SOCIAL Sensitivity Skills can also help the society that you live in. Because society isn’t run by American President Trump with the horrifying aura. Or new British Prime Minister Johnson, also in extreme spiritual addiction. Or Prime Minister of Australia, Scott Morrison. Likewise in extreme spiritual addiction.

Or other leaders who may have political power aplenty. But people like you and me? We’re the ones who set the real tone. We’re the ones who create the London Bus Conductor Effect. Helping humanity to rise up and shine. Making a difference by smiling authentically, not fake. Making a difference, potentially, for every single person you meet. Even strangers you walk by in a store.

SOCIAL Sensitivity Skills are a way for people like us to keep life human. Decent. Caring.

What Are SOCIAL Sensitivity Skills, Anyway?

Simply put, they’re how to improve your social connection to others. Displaying sensitivity through appropriate behavior. Not manners, exactly. Nor how to get “followers.”

Rather, these are skills for showing consideration to others. Honoring and even uplifting your fellow human beings.

Once you start pursuing these skills, you may be amazed how much these they can deliver. Improving your relationships. Indirectly, helping to rebuild the fragmented society around you.

And much as I care about helping people who are Highly Sensitive, or even empaths, let’s get real. Right now, SOCIAL Sensitivity Skills are a way for each of us to make a difference.

Please consider sharing today’s article with people you know who care about making a positive difference.

How Can You Learn SOCIAL Sensitivity Skills?

First of all, please don’t think you already know them.

Empath Empowerment® skills are really essential for empaths, I think. Yet it would be unwise to confuse them with SOCIAL Sensitivity.

Granted, Daniel Goleman’s work on Emotional Intelligence was a clever start. Ever hear of “Emotional Intelligence”? Bet you don’t know how much it aims to control people. Namely:

Yes, control people. Ethically, that’s so wrong. In my view, sensitivity-wise, so-called “Emotional Intelligence” is the ultimate INsensitivity training.

RES-Style SOCIAL Sensitivity Doesn’t Involve Controlling ANYONE

Seems to me, though, it’s about time people stopped conflating emotional experiences with sensitivity. Honestly! Many HSPs and empaths aren’t strongly emotional. Not at all! Yet they’re still Highly Sensitive Persons. (Or, in the case of empaths, Highly-Highly Sensitive Persons.)

So, for developing today’s SOCIAL sensitivity skills, what works best? Yesterday’s blog post, plus today’s Part 2 and, following that, Part 3 of this series, yes! Here’s a way to get you started. Incidentally, beyond reading that blog post with the link…

Please check out Blog-Buddy EDWARD’s poignant Comments #9-11, and the responses that follow. Also aiming to help, I’ve got today’s counter-culture SOCIAL Sensitivity tips for you. Moving forward with our three-part series. Altogether expanding our collection of Sensitivity Tips. (Why will we start at #4 today? For adding on to the tips in our last blog post.)

Non-HSPs OR HSPs: SOCIAL Sensitivity Skills Tip #4.

Use Everyday Good Manners

If you go out in public, take a good look:

• How adults sprawl or lounge in public places.
  • Whether they say please or thank you.
  • Or cover their mouths when they yawn or cough or sneeze. (Not just make a vague gesture in the direction of an elbow.)

As a result, these thoughtless people proclaim self-involvement. Rather than any social sensitivity whatsoever.

It’s all too easy to fall into rude behavior. George Washington’s Rules of Civility are a quick read. And a smart read, for anyone who wishes to act like a person who’s got sensitivity.

What makes this a Skill? And Vital for SOCIAL Sensitivity!

Good manners are designed to help humans get along.

Manners meant a great deal back in the Age of Faith. That is, before the Shift into the Age of Awakening on 12/21/12. True, those Old Rules don’t matter as much as the New Rules for living now. (Both sets of rules are part of the helpful education that awaits you in “The New Strong.“)

• Back then, almost nobody was energy sensitive. So at least manners provided a human connection when people met socially.
  • By contrast, today everybody who wishes to be energy sensitive… IS!
  • Unfortunately, many folks don’t know how to use that. Commonly they take the spiritual bypass: Avoiding human responsibilities and outsourcing human problems to “spirit.”

How crazy is this? Folks meeting you in public are more likely to check out your vibes than to look you in the eye. Or smile.

But you can date to be counter-culture. Nod or smile at those human beings you meet on your path. Don’t ignore them. Using SOCIAL Sensitivity can sometimes be just that simple.

Non-HSPs OR HSPs: SOCIAL Sensitivity Skills Tip #5. Learn Face Reading

What, judging people’s faces as a way to appear more sensitive?

Ha, I don’t mean that. Sure, most people do that already. However, face judging is not face reading.

When I recommend face reading, I’m inviting you to learn the system of Face Reading Secrets®. Inviting you in my role as “The Mother of Modern Physiognomy.” (As the awesome, late physiognomist Narayan Singh Khalsa… has called me.)

In minutes of study a day, you can use this book to master this way of seeing faces. Both your faces and the faces of people you meet.

The system is designed to open your heart of compassion. Automatically, you’ll wake up to how different other people are inwardly. Different from each other. And also different from you.

Reading faces for character is a life skill that will enrich your everyday experience of other people.

An immediate upgrade to your social sensitivity!

Non-HSPs OR HSPs: SOCIAL Sensitivity Skills Tip #6.

Avoid Entertainment that Coarsens You

Mental health experts worry about the impact of certain TV shows. You know the ones. Shows with graphic and gratuitous violence. According to the Washington Post:

More than other entertainment outlets, a number of Netflix’s hit shows spotlight gruesome violence, often committed against women, according to viewership statistics and industry experts. And Netflix is both more popular (some 60 million U.S. subscribers) and more intensely watched (in all rooms of the house, often multiple episodes at a time) than traditional television, raising worries among some media-violence experts.

What won’t you read in the media that you can read here? Whatever you see and hear goes forever into your subconscious mind.

What makes this a Skill? And Vital for SOCIAL Sensitivity!

Choosing “entertainment” selectively is a way to show respect for your inner self. Allowing you get to keep your full innate sensitivity.

Protecting yourself rather than coarsening yourself… also makes you more likely to treat your fellow humans with respect.

RES Perspective on “Entertainment” with Vivid Violence, Cruelty, Suicide, etc.

Yes, suicide. Months after a certain, notorious Netflix show, suicides spiked. And that’s just one example of how we can be confused, demeaned, or coarsened due to watching questionable entertainment.

Every murder you witness, or blood-curdling scream that you hear… via movies or TVs… stays with you. How?

I’m going to get a little technical here. But if you’re an RES client, you may well have had sessions related to removing these various problems.

1. Permanently lodged in your “Energetic Hologram Collection.” Which is what advanced RES experts access… for helping clients, including Vibrational Re-Positioning®.
  2. This Collection of perceptions stays active in your subconscious mind for the rest of your life! Coloring how you react to other people.
  3. Even more concerning, you’ve also got a Storehouse of Impressions. (Known to the ancients as the Chitta, or Chit.) This collects every perception you’ve had in your long history as a soul.
  4. Should you ever choose to incarnate after this lifetime, all those same memories will continue to bog you down. Unless you learn skills like those in the Spiritually Sparkling Collection of Workshops — or have some RES Energy HEALING Sessions — what else? You’re probably carrying Negative Thought Forms right now. And they’re mucking up your aura.
  5. Furthermore, televised violence gets stored in your aura in the form of Frozen Blocks. These can always be triggered energetically, creating “everyday limitations” to life. And these are limitations that don’t have to be. (Granted, certain RES sessions can help you to remove the rest of these permanently. But why not avoid getting them in the first place?)

Do You See a Link?

A Link Between Violent Entertainment and Highly INSensitive Behavior?

I do. How about you?

Please COMMENT on that aspect, or any other aspect of today’s blog post.

In Part Three, we’ll finish this survey of ways that NON-HSPs, HSPs and empaths can all have better quality of life.

In Conclusion, for Now

Maybe you know, I’ve served as an Empath Coach ever since writing the first book in English for empaths. (We’re talking years before 2000. And I’ve twice replaced my starter book for empaths since then. Now offering this reader-friendly book as my #1 book for Empath Empowerment.)

More context: In recent years, I’ve begun to offer workshops for HSPs as well as empaths. (Including the first-ever Socially Savvy HSPs and Empaths Workshop. Planning for a sweet group of course participants meeting here in Northern Virginia on August 10-11, 2019. )

Over the decades, I’ve witnessed the proliferation of advice and training for empaths. Plus more and more resources for Highly Sensitive Persons, as well. It fascinates me how strongly I disagree with many of these approaches.

For example, you may know that I don’t consider HSPs or empaths to be victims. Hint: The system called Empath EMPOWERMENT.

How ridiculous is this? So many people consider themselves too sensitive to function…

And yet they’re still watching gruesome movies. Or they’re hiding from others. (Quite opposite to engaging in life as somebody with awesome face reading skills.)

Most recently, many are becoming increasingly self-absorbed in their quest to be “happy empaths” or “intuitive empaths.” Seems to me, remembering to use good manners when out and about, could serve “sensitives” far better. Far, far better.

Blog-Buddies, what think you?

Sally says:

Thank you, Rose, for what you wrote about good manners in the context of Emotional Intelligence. I never studied Goleman’s work seriously. It didn’t sit well with me.

Now I know why. Controlling people is not my thing. Although I definitely have met some folks who seemed to ooze good manners, and they were so controlling!

Sally says:

Also, through social media I have encountered people who considered themselves empaths. (I’m not convinced they were.)

Then I’ve watched with some ick factor when they boasted about being intuitive, so psychic that they could never turn off their gifts, and how they were paying such a high price for their amazing empathic talent, they thought.

Sally says:

And I totally don’t get the Happy Empath jazz that is becoming popular now. I guess I’ve been wondering if that was just some fancy way of saying that they were in extreme spiritual addiction.

Thank you for bringing some reason and rigor to helping empaths and HSPs. And, also now, non-HSPs.

SALLY, interesting observations, all. Thank you.

Ethan says:

Emotional Intelligence is such a buzz word in the public service-there is this idea that the more employee’s have high “EQ” the better the workplace can be.

I’m curious Rose is there a chakra databank for Emotional Intelligence?

ETHAN, thank you for sharing that observation and also your question. Let’s begin with the latter.

“Is there a chakra databank for Emotional Intelligence?” Of course not. Emotional Intelligence is Daniel Goleman’s theoretical baby. As theories go, I’m not a fan. (More on that soon.) Meanwhile, if he also had theoretical babies called Arnold, Bennie, and Carl…. these would be chakra databanks either,.

Responding to the buzz-word idea in your Comment #5, ETHAN, I’m going to pull out a quote from the main blog post:

Granted, Daniel Goleman’s work on Emotional Intelligence was a clever start. Ever hear of “Emotional Intelligence”? Bet you don’t know how much it aims to control people. Namely: Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is defined as the ability to identify, assess, and control one’s own emotions, the emotions of others, and that of groups.

So, ETHAN, isn’t it fascinating how many fads from psychology (Goleman is a psychologist) are having great influence in the workplace. Especially ideas about how to control oneself and other people. As if that’s going to make anything better, long term!

Since I’m the Founder of RES, helping people to gain personal growth in ways that don’t involve America’s most universal religion these days, Pop Psych, I am free to help clients and students to become more self-actualized. As you may know, RES never involves controlling anyone. Period.

EMOTIONAL and INTELLIGENCE are sexy words to many people, but I look forward to when “Emotional Intelligence” goes the way of another fad in today’s workplaces, the Open Office Plan.

Any of you Blog-Buddies love those?

Rebecca says:

Ugh, the Open Office Plan. We recently switched to one and I find it very difficult to get any work done that requires concentration.

While I appreciate the camaraderie that is fostered, there are times when I just have to put on headphones when I HAVE to avoid casual interruptions or drown out impromptu (and sometimes extended) hallway meetings.

Yes, REBECCA, I’ve helped some of my clients develop Open Office Plan strategies (during RES sessions).

Some solutions involve positioning of consciousness; others involve social skills. Earplugs — wearing them as a default — can be surprisingly helpful.

That notion of “cameraderie” you mentioned really favors people who love socializing, plus people whose gift sets for deeper perception do NOT include Clairaudience. And, of course, this office fad also favors people who value shallowness, rather than even considering the possibility of going deeper sometimes — for instance, in order to work.

For now, those folks get to win, at least for as long as their business environment is arranged as an Open Office Plan. How nice for them!

I’m so curious to learn how others of you react to this fad in office setup? Any of you actively like it? Or, like you, REBECCA, strongly dislike it?

Could it be that any of you don’t care either way? Like, “Oh yeah, we’ve got an Open Office Plan now, I suppose. Hadn’t really noticed.”

Steve says:

I’ll play. To me, an open office plan is like going back to middle school.

The loud, popular kids make the scene into a kind of social game. But I’m not into playing a social game. I’m at work to do my job, just like back in the day I was in school to learn.

Steve says:

I find it comforting to have kept in touch with some of my fellow nerds from middle school. They’ve gone on to significant careers, making a difference in this world.

How about the very social ones? From what I’ve seen on Facebook, maybe they peaked in their earlier years.

Steve says:

Altogether, I try not to feel discouraged because of this open office plan nonsense. Businesses aim to make money. And open office plans may not prove helpful at all, in that regard.

I tell myself about this horrible fad, “This too shall pass.”

I’m a social person who loves camaraderie….but not when I’m at my desk working.

I hate open office plans. It makes it very difficult to actually get work done at work. Many people I know resort to going in early to work, staying late, or working on weekends simply so they can work when lots of other people aren’t there.

I can hear one coworker snoring, while another coworker talks loudly on the phone with her bill collectors, while two other coworkers chat away for hours at a time.

To get work done I listen to music on headphones, not my ideal way to work but I’ve tried earplugs and they don’t work for me, I can still hear noise with them on.

Whoa, STEVE and KYLIE. So thought provoking!

Regarding that Comment #18, snoring? Really? The glory of an Open Office Plan: “They’ll develop such camraderie, listening to each other’s snores!” 😉

Janice Hooper says:

I work in an open office plan. My manager is an HSP- an empath, actually. He often seems run down and avoids the office when he can.

Janice Hooper says:

I’ve never heard anyone snoring in my office, but there is someone at a nearby desk who cracks their knuckles to a disgusting degree. I crack my knuckles sometimes and don’t mind when other people crack their joints a bit, but this is ridiculous!!

It’s extreme and so gross. Blech. Almost makes me gag.

Janice Hooper says:

The same person also is really disgusting eater. I’ve had to get up from desk and work elsewhere if they’re chowing down.

I can hear EVERYTHING!! Maybe their mouth is open, I haven’t dared to look.

Janice Hooper says:

I find open office plans not only auditorily distracting, but visually distracting!

I don’t think I could wear blinders at work, though.

Ring of truth to your comments, JANICE. But also what you wrote was also soooooooo funny.

To add sarcasm to your latest contribution, I searched for articles on “Why Open Office Plans Are Wonderful.” Ha! Look at the prevailing sentiment found through this Google search.

Emily Turner says:

Reading these comments today and I am laughing… people in my office have been playing music videos, have their ring tones set to ‘sci-fi’ at the loudest possible volume… have long loud conversations with the council about getting cars impounded, taxes rebated, deposits returned (nothing to do with work).

Emily Turner says:

People walk around on the phone with their headphones on, someone walks back and forth by my team’s set of desks all day doing that! It’s ludicrous.

Emily Turner says:

A couple of weeks ago, someone had a conference call at their desk and instead of using headphones, had the conversation broadcasting on their computer.

I’m surprised I get my work done at all with all these distractions.

EMILY, I’m glad your sense of humor allows you to laugh. That and maybe a sense that, like other awful fads that you’ve endured already in your lifetime so far, this too shall pass.

Emily Turner says:

I sure hope so! I also notice it is entirely counterproductive to building relationships with colleagues in the same space.

People are already so conscious that everyone is being disturbed all day and don’t want to risk disturbing anyone further.

How ironic, EMILY! The forced closeness keeps people from getting authentically close to each other.

Totally makes sense.