What Is STUFF? (And Growing Past It)

What Is STUFF? Along with the shock of an unpleasant life event, people get STUFF. Fortunately, people can also heal STUFF permanently.

What Is STUFF?

Energy Spirituality uses the word “STUFF” to mean something very specific. Find out what, and you’ll take a big step forward in your personal growth.

First of All, What Inspired Today’s Post?

Recently, here at the blog, we’ve been talking Miscarriages and Abortions. Quite a lively discussion, as always. And respectful.

Incidentally, that blog post is where, together, our blog just breezed past 55,000 comments. 🙂

Anyhow, in Comment #40, ETHAN wrote:

I don’t have any stories to share of miscarriages in my family but I can tell you many of my female friends have had these.

And the grief never really goes away.

Really, “the grief never goes away”?

Hey, There Couldn’t Be a Better Reason to Understand, What Is STUFF?

Energy Spirituality is my way of helping people to grow emotionally and spiritually. (The YouTube video I just linked to goes in more detail. As does this entire website!)

In this rapidly growing field, I’ve had the chance to name a lot of things that matter.

Sometimes I help to name people (for their benefit): Name Alignment.

Often I develop leading-edge techniques to help people grow. Such as getting past the creepy, awful, limiting notion that “the grief never goes away.” (Trust me, I’ll return to that more specifically. But first I’m laying a logical foundation.)

All of the 10 trademarked systems of Rosetree Energy Spirituality contain special names. Usually I coin that name for the first time, like “Empath Empowerment®.” Sometimes I’ll repurpose a name. Which is the case with STUFF.

What Is STUFF? Outside of Energy Spirituality

Often, it means miscellaneous things. Like a hilarious comedy routine by the late George Carlin. Calling all one’s material possessions, “stuff.”

Later, writer Pete Carlson took “stuff” metaphorical. Giving it the meaning of “things that happen to you, things you don’t like.” Hence his bestseller, “Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff.” And he’s published loads of sequels as well. More power to him.

Both of these uses of “stuff” generalized about everyday, human life. Making big concerns about details seem trivial, or even ridiculous. Maybe the height of this showed up in a popular expression from the TV show  “Seinfeld”: “yada-yada.

Meanwhile, Regarding Energy Spirituality, a Different Meaning

Starting in 1986, when I turned pro doing this work, I needed a new word. I needed a word. And I chose ‘STUFF” — in all caps.

In Energy Spirituality, STUFF means stuck energies in your aura, at the astral level.

Of course, that’s talking about energies, metaphysics.

But in 2006, I had a huge Aha! about STUFF. And about Energy Spirituality healing in general. I realized that if you were going to speak the language of psychology, there’s an equivalent.

Speaking the language of psychology, STUFF means stuck energies in your subconscious mind.

Incidentally, that Aha! made me high for a week. The implications are enormous, especially for Energy Spirituality.

Energy Spirituality Pioneers STUFF-Removal for Personal Growth and Spiritual Awakening

Because it’s one thing to “talk with your therapist.” That may bring valuable insights. But it sure doesn’t move out STUFF from your subconscious mind and aura.

And it’s another thing to “take out the bad energies” with your New Age healer. But that tends to be a generalized kind of energy healing. And although it’s common to make huge claims about mind-body-spirit energy healing, guess what? There’s no reason to believe that somebody who specializes in healing energies for health reasons… has legitimate standing — or results — when it comes to improving emotional growth.

By contrast, I take a professional view of STUFF. Specifically, Energy Spirituality skills remove STUFF in all of our four specialties:

1. Energy READING (Including Face Reading. As well as Aura Reading and Skilled Empath Merge)
  2. Or for Energy HEALING.
  3. Perhaps regarding Empath Empowerment Coaching
  4. And also related to Spiritual Enlightenment Coaching.

All those aforementioned links can strike you like a bugle call to freedom:

Wake up. Clean the gunk out of your aura that holds you back. And then PUT-IN new energies to support a stronger soul expression.

Because I Can Empower You to Live Your Life Now

Most people do not know this but you sure can:

Your history is one thing.

STUFF in your aura, related to things that happened to you? That’s altogether different.

And STUFF, as we use that term in Energy Spirituality, STUFF can always, always, always be healed.

Some of these STUFF-removing skills you can learn on your own.

Yes, You Can Learn Quality Skills for STUFF Removal. To Get Past Your Past!

Your most effective choices for learning these unique skills are my online workshops:

A super-inexpensive way to learn them? These Rose Rosetree books:

Go forth and empower yourself.

And if you’d like more expert help, consult an Expert at Rosetree Energy Spirituality. That simple!

Okay, pretty simple. Sadly, some people claim to have been trained by me. If they’re not listed at the previous link? Well, decide for yourself how much integrity such people have.

In Conclusion, A Teaching Tale

I’m skeptical about “never get over it” narratives. In my experience, helping Energy Spirituality client, it’s not necessary to stay stuck in your history. Live in the past. And, basically, live as a victim. (And, of course, I do feel sorry for those who suffer as victims. I just don’t recommend staying a victim.)

Miscarriages and abortions don’t have to mean that you suffer from it every day of your life.

I’ve never had a client who believed, as ETHAN stated above: And the grief never really goes away.

Popular though that is in Collective Consciousness, none of us has to live that way. Granted, I’ve had clients who felt that way, due to personal histories that included rape, incest, death of a loved one, and other problems. But once we removed the related STUFF, my client went free. Yes, free to keep on living in the present, and enjoying that life.

Like my first-time client Gladys. She told me, “My daughter committed suicide 15 years ago. I’ve never gotten over it. The urn with her ashes is sitting right in my living room.”

In that session, I facilitated removing some of Gladys’s STUFF.

We went on to do many more sessions. To lead off, when our second session began, Gladys announced:

After our session I got that urn. I went into the garden. And I buried the ashes.

I decided, I’m getting on with my life.

Your Turn. Comments, Anyone?

Blog-Buddies, have you ever had a death or betrayal, or some other loss… and it has felt like the pain never went away?

Or did you find a way to recover your freshness and trust? Please post here what you did.

Will says:

I’ll go first. I’ve certainly got something to say about that question you just asked.

Please bear with me, everyone, because I’ve got a lot to say.

Will says:

Sure, it hasn’t happened often. But some people have disappointed me or even betrayed me.

A small number, but still, I know what you mean, Rose, where somebody has done something that was definitely wrong. I can see how a person might say, “I’ll never get over this.”

Will says:

What has helped me the most?

Once I’m wise to what’s going on, I end the relationship, nice and clean. In plain English, I tell them “It’s over” and then I get on with my life. Giving people second chances and third chances is the worst.

Will says:

And have you ever tried to have follow-up conversations to smooth things over? Has the other person ever asked you do to do that?

Will says:

I think it’s an illusion to expect a happy ending before moving on. I’ve learned to stop working toward the perfect conversation that fixes everything.

Will says:

In my experience, these conversations don’t work.

Sometimes a relationship is broken and the two of you can’t fix it, you know? Better to accept that and move on.

Will says:

To be blunt, when somebody has done something creepy to me, here’s what I can’t stand. “We need to talk.”

No I don’t. The last thing I need is to listen to that person’s self-justifications.

Will says:

This isn’t to say that I don’t learn anything. Every time, I’ve learned something from major drama, upsetting actions from a person I used to trust.

Only I don’t need the person who has hurt my feelings or whatever… to now become my teacher.

Will says:

On the rare occasions when somebody has really shafted me, the facts speak for themselves.

After I discover the creepy behavior, I can understand that person’s side of the story well enough.

Will says:

In case you’re wondering, I’m not bitter. I learn. I get STUFF moved out. Personally I proceed to move on.

I believe in that. Just that I don’t believe I must analyze the relationship or hang out with the person who wronged me, for the sake of moving on. Or helping that other person to move on.

Will says:

It’s just that I don’t need to have a “special” conversation afterward, where I listen and nod, sympathetically hearing that person’s excuses.

Will says:

Or maybe being given unsolicited advice from somebody I no longer like, helpful hints that are supposed to help me “so much”?

No thank you.

WILL, thank you for sharing these heartfelt words. You’re getting this conversation off to a good start.

Who’s next? I doubt that anyone reading this post has been immune to relationship disappointments, miscarriages, abortions, or other ways that Earth School sometimes may seem like a game of “Gotcha.”

Claudia says:

Growing up with my religious background I was taught a lot of sweet-sounding things to do. Like prayer and forgiveness and spiritual surrender to the will of God.

Claudia says:

Trying these approaches always felt good, in a virtuous kind of way.

Claudia says:

But if I’m honest with myself, and with you other blog-buddies, these approaches didn’t work as promised.

And somehow I developed a kind of separate compartment within me for feeling like a failure, very personally, when I didn’t get those nice promised results.

Claudia says:

Only recently have I stopped compartmentalizing. The lack of results did not have to just seem like my personal failure. These days I’m not sure I believe in forgiveness any more as a miracle bringer.

What I read in a recent comment here about “miracle baby” seemed off to me, even kind of sickening.

Claudia says:

By now, what do I think was missing in all the religious teachings and all my years of obedience?

Claudia says:

Power. I’m grateful to RES for helping me to learn what power really is and also for moving out STUFF in my aura that was blinding me to what power really is.

Beautiful and wise, CLAUDIA. Thank you.

Speaking of disappointments, today an RES client sent me this link about buying products online. I had no idea so much cheating went on through “Marketplace”-style sales venues.

Prevent being cheated and you win, right?

Ethan says:

I’ve had many relationship disappointments and RES has helped me to move on through removal of STUFF and the mentoring around the social skills you give Rose is so valuable.

Ethan says:

Using my power to end those kind of relationships was uncomfortable at times as I was used to the game of “we need to talk”.

Ethan says:

I realize now that not using your power is just the long drawn out slow game to get to the same ending.

Why not use power and make it clean.

ETHAN, these comments are just magnificent.

Comments #24-25 would make a great stand-alone Facebook post! Thank you.

Ellen says:

our history is one thing.

I really like this distinction Rose.

Ellen says:

My history is one thing… one if told would make some very surprised because in collective consciousness, there is of course that idea that ‘the grief never goes away’ or… ‘you’ll never be able to get over a terrible childhood’ or ‘people are marked forever by their terrible experiences’.

Ellen says:

The fact that I’ve then spent a lot of time and money, and used my power to have sessions with yourself Rose and other RES experts, and also to learn certain skill sets within RES myself… has meant that none of that has to be true for me. Just as it doesn’t have to be true for anyone really.

When you learn about STUFF and how it impacts people, it can be inspiring to know that you can overcome these things, almost as if they didn’t happen at all but still with all the learning, hard-won strength and clearer understanding of reality they bestowed.

Ellen says:

I have a family which treated me terribly, making me the bad guy for everything, entirely happy for me to just exist in their presence so I could be their (physical and metaphorical) punching bag, while never really interested in me as an individual.

STUFF from that experience could indeed have left me bitter, despairing of ever having a nice family life or a good love relationship due to the terrible example set.

Ellen says:

BUT, being able to move out that STUFF, and get what Rose calls “PUT-IN,” and also learn the truth and a perspective on what happened based on the truth has meant that that did not have to be the case at all.

In fact, these days, I barely think about my family of origin and if I do there is no significant charge of emotion to it, nor does it bother me that I don’t see them, talk to them nor hear from them any longer.

Ellen says:

I feel very lucky to have found Rose’s work and RES, and I’m excited for all the people who are going to discover Rose’s work in the future.

ELLEN, welcome to my blog. Thanks for every word you wrote.

I’ve known you for what, 10 years? And so I know that every word you’ve written here is true. Thank you so much for sharing this deeply personal, empowering story.