Christmas Poem 2019 from Rose Rosetree

Christmas Poem 2019. This year it’s, “What the Wise Men Saw.”

Christmas Poem 2019. Because that’s what I do, each holiday season. Co-create a poem and post it here at my blog.

I hope that you enjoy my Christmas Poem for this big year of personal growth, 2019.

Christmas Poem 2019

What the Wise Men Saw

By Rose Rosetree

At first, they saw the stars

Because those three wise men chose to look up,

And then they saw THE Star

They saw the brightness. Next, what must they do?

How could they not bring gifts?

Good manners! (Also, their admission fees.)

Beyond that, being wise

They knew that giving would help them draw near.

Acknowledgement is good.

However, gratitude results in more…

More learning, ‘till you feel

The doors outside you – and within – swing wide.

Give treasure. Get a treasure.

Simple knowledge known forever!

And so the Magi rode

Through days and nights and wind.

Their bumpy camel ride

The usual gliding. Stopped by random clunks.

But inconvenience ceased

When in the presence of the radiant child.

Each man bowed down

As though returning to his heavenly home.

Balthazar gave his gold,

Then knelt above the child, whose eyes were bright.

With joy the wise man wept,

Because he saw love with an endless reach.

While Gaspar’s frankincense

Was valuable, and worthy of a king,

The light this wise man saw

Returned a sweeter gift: A child’s pure heart.

And what of Melchior’s myrrh?

Its complex fragrance, such a mystery!

Surprisingly he saw:

A simple thing. Superb, and new to him.

Somehow that holy child

Taught how to live the rarest gift of all

A human gift more rare

Than any light or love, fragrance or wealth.

It was the power of truth.

The will to help, and strength to persevere.

Jesus taught simple courage.

It’s needed now, as much as days of yore.

Give treasure. Get a treasure.

Simple knowledge known forever!

Definitely, this Christmas Poem 2019 Is…

An Energy Spirituality poem.

Because this field (sometimes also known as Rosetree Energy Spirituality, RES) helps us human beings. Helps us to grow emotionally and awaken spiritually.

Two resources at this website are especially relevant to this year’s annual Christmas poem:

Blog-Buddies, feel free to share this poem with your friends.

And, As Always, COMMENT Below

Maybe you’ll share what this poem meant to you.

Maybe you’ll share your own holiday poem.

Let’s celebrate a holiday season of beauty. Whether it means Christmas to you or something different.

And yes, you’re welcome to comment on what this time of year means to you. Have any favorite part? No holiday has to be one-size-fits-all.

Living on Earth says:

“Acknowledgement is good.
    However, gratitude results in more…
    More learning, ‘till you feel
    The doors outside you – and within – swing wide.”

So beautiful Rose.
    I am so very grateful for living during this time in history with you!

An Avid Reader says:

I was so very moved by this. Thank you, Rose.

I will read it again when I am home so that I can savor the sweetness and wonder.

LIVING ON EARTH, I’m glad you especially appreciated that part of the poem.

Thanks for being the first to appreciate this year’s poem.

AVID READER, I’m so glad this poem spoke to you.

And I’m honored that it rates a second read from you.

An Avid Reader says:

Hi Rose,

I am sure I will read it more than twice! I just loved this poem! I got goose bumps when I was reading it!

Thank you, AVID READER. I’m touched.

Do any of you prefer to hear a poem read aloud?

Just in case, I’ve made a sound recording. You can find the link right near the start of today’s blog post.

Ethan says:

Simple courage-absolutely needed now more than every.

I love this poem Rose beautiful, touching-thank you for sharing this. It really brightened my day and I will read it again this evening.

Jennifer says:

So beautiful! My favorite part is “Jesus taught simple courage.”

That aspect of Jesus has always given me strength, and I loved seeing it in your holiday poem. ❤️

Eve says:

It’s lovely! This part got me in tears also:
    “With joy the wise man wept,
    Because he saw love with an endless reach.”

ETHAN, JENNIFER, EVE thank you all, all so much.

Claudia says:

Rose, I love this poem. I agree with everything that has been said by others here at the blog.

Thank you.

Dana W. says:

So beautiful! I want to read this at least once a day this month. I’ve been enjoying a baby’s “pure heart” so these lines have extra resonance this year:

The light this wise man saw
    Returned a sweeter gift: A child’s pure heart.

Jnana says:

Beautiful and inspiring as ever!

JNANA, DANA, and CLAUDIA, I’m so glad you’re enjoying this year’s Christmas poem.

DANA, as a new mother, when not totally exhausted, isn’t that “baby’s pure heart” an amazing experience for you?

They do come to us “fresh from God,” as the saying goes.

Julie says:

Such a poem, Rose.

It reminds me of the recent blog post about dharma.

It makes me think that, to get something beautiful, you have to give something beautiful.

Julie says:

And what a chance to create a masterpiece this lifetime is.

For those creative and creatively-minded.

Through RES to do this.

Lindsey Lorant says:

Thank you Rose, such a lovely poem…you’re a gifted writer and this is a wonderful poem to share.

Thank you for this gift!

LINDSEY, you’re so welcome. Moreover, your timing is excellent.

Today I exchanged Christmas greetings with a friend I know through writing. Of course, I sent him a copy of this poem.

Extremely tactful Joe wrote me back, “It is a very original and beautiful idea, to write a Christmas poem every year!”

Why, I wonder, do people write things like this? Hardly a compliment, is it? Like, “I just showed you a photo of my new outfit.” And Joe responds, “It is a very civilized and beautiful thing to adorn one’s naked body with clothing.”

Maybe Joe’s words were a bit funny, though. For something in the “Nice Try Department.”

You see why I especially appreciate your sincere appreciation today, LINDSEY.

Theodore says:

Lovely, Rose!

I enjoyed the way the poem humanised the experiences of the Wise Men (when they are typically reduced to fancy props).

THEODORE, thank you so much. How interesting about the Magi being reduced to “fancy props”!

I never thought about that before. All the more reason to be grateful that I’ve got skills (like those I teach in “Let Today Be a Holiday”) for co-creating with the Divine. Writing poetry, for instance, my awareness expands. And it seems the most natural thing in all the world.

Theodore says:

That is a very cool process. I can only imagine what cultural changes will emerge when these skills become more widely adopted.

Maybe Earth will seem more like Heaven.

I’d be okay with that, THEODORE.

Erica says:

‘The will to help, and strength to persevere.’

What a beautiful reminder of what is useful in these times.

Erica says:

What a gift this poem is, Rose. So touching.

Thank you for sharing it, and your many other gifts, with us this year and always.

ERICA, thank you so much. And you’re welcome.

And, well, heart of mush right now….