Beauty Work. Worse than Extreme Cosmetic Surgery.

Beauty Work masks the humanity of actors. Confuses everyone!

Beauty Work. Today’s digital “Beauty Work” is scary, if you value our shared humanity.

Why, supposedly, does ATTRACTIVENESS mean erasing human “imperfections”?

Beauty Work. This Term Comes from 2020.

So Today’s Post Contains an Update.

Picture this article like an archaeological site, Blog-Buddies.

We’ll start with Egyptian times. Next, work our way up to the 18th century “Age of Enlightenment.” Mostly starting with Comment
#7.

Joke-ish. Because we will officially define today’s weird, new “Beauty Work”… All the way at Comment #7.

Hey, Long as You’re Picturing Things, Imagine This

Late at night, Rose Rosetree, Founder of Energy Spirituality. She’s authorizing comments at this blog. Soon she’ll turn off her computer. Quite sleepy, that Rose.

But ELIZA’S comments were undeniably important. Cleverly, she’d added “Beauty Work” comments at the end of what? Close in context as could be… A post on “Celebrities Doing Extreme Cosmetic Surgery.” Namely, the step before this crazy new development.

First, ELIZA commented on this weird new way of distorting celeb images. Followed by more brilliant comments by JANICE.

Quite simply, the importance of these comments was striking. Since this blog is about truth. Moreover, in my role as an Enlightenment Coach, partly my job is to unmask illusions.

Accordingly, I did something unprecedented regarding this blog post.

Significantly Revising the Original Blog Post. (Only Not Being Sneaky about It.)

Last night, I re-dated this article. Originally published on May 28, 2010. Nearly a decade ago, right?

Why, exactly, time-travel the post to January 7, 2020? In order to make it easy for you to find it now. Add your comments. Maybe even tweet about it. (I definitely plan to. And you’re always invited to retweet what comes out of my Twitter account.)

Obviously, I figured: Now would be a great chance to update the original article. Such as adding links.

Unlike Beauty Work, I’m doing this honestly. Such as? Telling you upfront what I’m doing.

Wouldn’t it be interesting if all the Beauty Work-altered movies showed a disclaimer?

Like, “The Irishman” isn’t just more show biz from De Niro. For the entire movie, evidently…  His image is subtly and consistently fake.

Warning: Never try to read the actor’s aura from this movie. It will really, truly confuse you.

In Short, Blog-Buddies, Consider Yourself Introduced to this Updated Article

Actually, the old post makes a perfect lead-in to what’s happening now. Simply keep reading, Blog-Buddies. Eventually, you’ll get to the Beauty Work Theme.

All that said, yes! Back in the day, I wrote about…

Crazy-Extreme Cosmetic Surgery

A horror movie, mixed with science fiction, is running. Strangely, we’re trapped inside it. Yesterday the tiniest incident alerted me.

Shopping at Macy’s Department Store, I saw Our Pal Gwyneth. Her photo was conspicuous. Expertly placed to sell makeup. Or was it selling promises of eternal youth? Either way, Gwyneth was perfect for the job.

Who doesn’t love Gwyneth Paltrow? Remember how  dewy she looked in “Shakespeare in Love”?

At the makeup counter, the Oscar-winner looked the same as ever. Except maybe a bit younger. Here’s a sample of amazing new Gwyneth’s natural-looking facial perfection.

Only, wait a minute. “Shakespeare in Love” was released in 1998. By contrast, now it’s 2010. Why would this ad seem enticing? Believable? Or, even, sane?

• On one hand, big glamour photos to show us a glam face.
  • On the other hand, this face is impossible. More like a tribute to surgical erasure.
  • Yet somehow, this is supposed to entice women who buy makeup?
  • Honestly, is a cream in a jar really worth thousands of dollars? Spent on the best vanity surgery money can buy!!!

First Problem? Face Reading Confusion

Of course, I’m a professional face reader. Always using the system of Face Reading Secrets®.

Essential to my system of physiognomy? Faces change over time to reflect personal growth.

Due to the reciprocal relationship between face and soul expression? Ouch! Blanking out one’s face again and again? Not so great for a person’s spiritual evolution.

Second Problem? Aura Reading Confusion

Equally confusing is the impact of Photoshopped photos.

I can teach you how to read auras from photographs. Regular photographs. And do it accurately.

Only don’t mess with reading auras on fake photographs. Such as the “Beauty Work” science fiction-like images starting in 2020. Ick!

Who Signed up for this Strange Reality Show? The “Secretly Fake-Fake-Fake Show.”

Funny, I don’t remember giving consent. Did you?

Earlier, the same day as my close encounter of the fake kind with Gwyneth, ouch! I read a short article in The Washington Post about Paula Abdul. Complete with her ageless photo, of course.

The story carried a brief announcement of her new show. Another reality show that I never will watch! Naturally, I skipped right by the story, yet the photo still registered in my mind, lingering like a Cheshire Cat smile in “Alice in Wonderland.”

• Here is Paula Abdul, the new and improved version. In 2010.
  • By contrast, Blog-Buddies, here’s Paula Abdul in 1988. Maybe you remember her album “Forever Your Girl.”
  • Incidentally, I apologize about all the skin Paula’s showing in both pix. Seriously hard, finding a modest picture of Ms. Abdul!

Apparently, “Forever Your Girl” isn’t allowed to have a human face. Naturally changing over time, to reflect her soul’s evolution.

Instead, like Gwyneth Paltrow, she looks “perfect.” (Unless you count the strong whiff of plastic.)

Here’s a person who has erased her facial evolution.

If Curious, You Can Find Other Articles Here at that Theme

How about previous blog posts? Those about Heidi Montag and Brittany Murphy and Sylvester Stallone. Giving you examples, through aura research. How soul-deadening it can be, undergoing extreme vanity surgery.

Some actors who’ve done plastic surgery? They’re like Helen Mirren. Not scary-youthful. And aurically doing fine. (Mirren is even on my Spiritual Enlightenment Life List.) However, these celebs are minimalists. Mirren isn’t trying to look like her own granddaughter.

High-class cosmetic surgery. By definition (my definition) it doesn’t erase every trace of humanity. Certainly NOT causing a face to become its own parody.

Have You Had Cosmetic Surgery, Blog-Buddies?

Great time to comment about that, at this post! Maybe you just a bit of facial tweaking. Afterward, how did you feel about it? Did you really feel new and improved? Or “refreshed?” Or “cleaned up” thanks to a scalpel?

Or was your experience more like this:

Memorably, Gladys approached me while I was on tour. Talking up my latest book on face reading.

In hushed tones, she said, “Used to be, when I’d look in a mirror, I’d recognize myself. Now all I can recognize is my eyes. Otherwise I don’t know this person. How I wish I’d never done it!”

As a Result of the Surgeries in Pop Culture, What Happens to Our Standards?

Yours, for instance. By now you’ve seen so many fake faces. Not just slightly tweaked. More like deception in motion.

• As a result, what are your standards? Have plasticized people started to seem “normal” to you? Or superior!
  • And have you begun to compare yourself to these people? Like your job is to look as “youthful” as them?

How Can You Minimize the Impact of All the Cosmetic Surgery Lies?

Here’s what I do, Blog-Buddies. Since it works for me, maybe it can help you too.

1. Notice when you see a face or body that appears surgically altered.
  2. Actively make a point of noticing. Rather than the push we get in collective consciousness. To the effect of, “So good looking! So fresh!”
  3. When you notice, inwardly, say it isn’t so:

I do not need to accept this aberration as “normal” or even “real.”

In Conclusion

About 10 years ago, I wrote about plastic people. It was as part of the social satire in my novel, “The Roar of the Huntids.” Consider it partly a story of spiritual awakening. Partly a novel about Empath Empowerment®. And partly science fiction.

Just like my world! (Maybe yours, too?) 😉

A key point: I set that novel in 2020. Ten years from now, how will people look? I plan to show up wearing my natural, evolving face and body. How about you?

Historians, we’re told, will look back on this time as The Age of Terror. Maybe.

Personally, I wouldn’t be shocked if future historians found today’s facial lying significant. At least equally noteworthy!

For instance, how many people in 2010 spent a fortune on vanity? Eagerly stripping away their most human physical characteristics. In order to look like 20-year-olds.

Take a look around you. Is this, or isn’t this, The Age of Plastic?

Finally, Remember That Our “Beauty Work” Comments Begin at #7

I’m looking forward to your COMMENTS, Blog-Buddies.

Bridget says:

When I the picture of Gwyneth I immediately had an idea of what you might cover. Gwyneth is notorious in the press and Hollywood for her inner beauty.

What I find interesting is that your post helped me notice a pattern. 10 years ago I loved Gwyneth and she had a sterling reputation. Perhaps when she started becoming less natural physically she also started becoming less warm as well.

Anita says:

This is a very powerful post, Rose. These words are especially powerful for me:

Every time you see a face or body that appears surgically altered, inwardly, say it isn’t so. This isn’t a real, human face and/or body. This is an interesting science experiment in human guise. I do not need to accept this aberration as ”normal” or even “real.”

As you’ve always stated, the outer and inner have a reciprocal relationship. So many of us focus on one part or the other, sometimes almost exclusively – paying attention to spiritual development while forgetting about physical reality, or focusing only on appearances and forgetting about inner development.

These words also struck me:

In hushed tones, she told me, “It used to be, when I’d look in a mirror, I’d recognize myself. Now all I can recognize is my eyes. Otherwise I don’t know this person. How I wish I had never done it.”

and

After you routinely see enough faces like this, what happens to you and your expectations for how people are supposed to look? Do plasticized people start to seem “normal” to you? Have you begun to compare yourself to these role models for makeup and writing and more?

This post raises important questions, too, about what is “normal,” what is real, and what matters.

Anita

ANITA, I’m touched by your words. Yours too, BRIDGET.

Let’s make this a real, human holiday weekend… and a humanly ever after.

“LORRAINE” wrote:
    Take a look – it reminds me of your recent post.

This old post has new relevance as more and more celebrities appear shockingly “scrubbed clean” of the years since 20.

Have any of you Blog-Buddies seen “In Time”?

The movie portrays a world like ours with some salient differences. One is that nobody looks older than age 25. What creeped me out?

If you look at American TV, that’s pretty much the world you will see.

No wonder Regis Philbin is finally being escorted off his TV show…. He’s one of so few exceptions to that current cultural rule.

Grace W says:

Funny you should mention this today, ROSE.

While I was working out at the gym, I happened to catch a commercial for Ameriprise, a financial services company, in which Tommy Lee Jones stars as the spokesperson. He’s done a series of commercials for them.

Coming on the heels of my face reading session with you, and basking in the glory of my chunky nose tip :-), I couldn’t help but get a kick out of seeing that a financial services company chose a spokesman with a chunky nose tip!

Here’s a link to one of the series of commercials he’s doing for them. I couldn’t find the actual one I saw, which also had 2 actors with chunky nose tips playing customers.

[Link No Longer Available]

In addition to that little face reading find, I’d guess that Tommy Lee Jones hasn’t had anything done to his face. He sure looks craggy and wizened and his age.

Eliza says:

Hi Rose, I wondered if you had heard of this before… It is the Digital retouching frame by frame of stars in movies. So called “beauty work”.

Eliza says:

Seems to me another important aspect of life to be aware of, so we can consciously acknowledge that what is being presented to us is not real.

Ugh, ELIZA.

And thanks.

Janice Hooper says:

Eliza, thank you for sharing that article! I really had no idea about this!

Janice Hooper says:

I found the topic of retouching in movies so compelling after reading that article, that I read around on the internet a bit more.

Janice Hooper says:

I found this well-reported article (more recent and well-reported than the Mashable one you shared, imo): https://www.vulture.com/2016/03/special-effects-c-v-r.html

Janice Hooper says:

There are some shocking things in there. Here is a quote:

“In postproduction, if they want your nose to be a little smaller or a little bigger, that’s up to them, man,” says actor Michael Shannon. “Some attractive person gets out of a swimming pool dripping wet? Nobody wants to see how they really look: It’s fantasy.”

Janice Hooper says:

The thing that shocks me there (and the theme is repeated in other quotes in the article) is the idea that “nobody wants to see” that. Nobody wants to see “flaws”.

That’s not true!!!!!!!!!!!! I do!!

Janice Hooper says:

Some of the visual effects editors quoted in the article report feeling moral discomfort doing this kind of work, like Joe Walker. Quote:

Often, technicians will simply stretch actors’ bodies vertically to make them appear leaner. “There was one actress where we had a 95 percent squeeze to make her thinner, where it’s barely noticeable,” says Oscar-nominated editor Joe Walker (Sicario, 12 Years a Slave). “The 95 percent trick works, but I feel immoral doing it.”

Janice Hooper says:

Then again, there is at least one “villain” visual effects editor in the article. Villain to me, at least. Quote:

“[Lola FX] co-founder Edson Williams explained in the book Masters of FX that a “love scene may not have the same impact if the stars have deep eye bags, rough skin, and puffy cheeks … My specialty is invisible cosmetic effects: If you leave the theater thinking your favorite actor has perfect skin and no body fat, then I did my job.” In 2015, Lola worked on 14 films, including The Big Short, Joy, and Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation.”

Janice Hooper says:

Anyway, Eliza, thank for opening my eyes to this terrible thing happening now.

Janice Hooper says:

That they sometimes replace an actor’s entire body seems like it would have quite an impact on auric modeling, to put it mildly.

ELIZA and JANICE, this is a truly revolting topic.

I find the topic so dispiriting, I have no oomph around writing a blog post about it. But I’ll do the next best thing and change the publication date to be current. And tweak the title a bit, inspired by both of you.

Incidentally, regarding Comment #18, plastic surgery is one thing, JANICE HOOPER. A person’s aura still can be read, and somewhere in past past articles some of you might find articles where I researched how the person’s aura was diminished by loads of cosmetic surgery.

(If any of you find them, the various articles, please name them, providing links, one comment at a time.)

Yes, plastic surgery is one thing. But to digitally distort an image is a deal breaker. Don’t try to fathom the auric modeling. Don’t attempt to read the aura.

No more helpful than attempting to read the aura of a cloned animal!

Valerie says:

I didn’t realize to what extent the film industry goes to distort images, I’m glad I’m aware of it now.

I think real is beautiful and I enjoy observing the ways in which people age, a visual of how their soul has changed or evolved. There’s a grace (for some) that seems to come with accepting wrinkles and the wisdom that comes with them.

VALERIE, thanks.

Some of you Blog-Buddies may even have managed to purchase a copy of “Wrinkles Are God’s Makeup.” No longer in print. But very worth reading, if you can find a copy.

Oliver says:

Uggg all this makes me no longer want to care anymore about “Hollywood”- I was always a fan of great movies and great actors and award shows but now it is all extreme spiritual addiction and fake faces.

Oliver says:

The old “Hollywood Glamour” has lost its shine.

Oliver says:

I found myself googling ages of the celebs while watching the Golden Globes since all the people looked 20.

Oliver says:

I hear all the time at my work how people can’t believe “how good Jennifer Aniston looks for her age”, people I know don’t even think she is doing plastic surgery that she is just magically aging well.

Shockingly… not-shocking. As an Enlightenment Coach, it matters to me, helping people to see beyond illusions.

“Magically aging well?” When Aniston is in extreme spiritual addiction! (Okay, that part doesn’t show.) But even on the surface level of her physical appearance, she’s freaky.

If you can find time for a bit of volunteer work, OLIVER, comment with some photo links for Jennifer at different ages. One photo link per COMMENT.

And also please, if you do this favor, OLIVER, include a link to an article that tells us when “aging well” Jennifer was born.

All you Blog-Buddies, would you like to do something similar?

Give us some reference material. Simply choose any glam stars who look like their own grandchildren. Then use your search engine. Copy links to photos taken at different dates. Bringing to this blog a kind of reality that’s altogether different from “reality” television!

One related request to you all. Please do NOT just give a link to Google images for that person.

It is overwhelming — quite opposite to helpful — to be shown 50 images with no context. Instead, do the kind of thing I do for all my photo links at this blog. Take the time to find a good image. Click on the accompanying article. Provide that link. (And, in this case, please include the date of the article. Good articles have original photos, with dates.)

Oliver says:

Hi Rose I’m happy to do some volunteer work, all in the name of truth:)

Jennifer Aniston was born on February 11, 1969. She will be 51 years old next month. Although never nominated for an Oscar award, she has made plenty of red carpet appearances.

Oliver says:

Jennifer Aniston-In 1990 ( 21 years old)

Oliver says:

Jennifer Aniston-In 2000 (her first Oscar appearance) (31 years old)

Oliver says:

Jennifer Aniston in January 2020 at the Golden Globes – 50 years old https://media.glamour.com/photos/5e12b191122a2100089323fc/16:9/w_2560%2Cc_limit/rLRlksAt.jpg

Oliver says:

In trying my own link out for Jennifer Aniston 1990 it seems to not work.

Here is Jennifer in 1990-at 21 years old.

OLIVER, this is such a reality check.

Anybody else want to play?

Holly says:

Michelle Villett has a series called “Before & After” on her blog “The Skin Care Edit”. She points out possible cosmetic surgeries using old photographs.

Holly says:

The post on Gwyneth Paltrow starts with pictures from 1990.

HOLLY, great to hear from you at the blog in 2020.

Actually, always great to hear from you. Thanks for this peek at a bizarre way to look at people’s faces.

And the illusions grow thicker, Blog-Buddies. As in…

Digitally advertised Fake People.

Most shocking about this new article in the Washington Post?

“Doctored images have become such a fact of life for political campaigns. When such images are disproved, the believers ‘just don’t care.'”