Stop Psychological Overwork. Here’s How.

Stop Psychological Overwork. Ironically (or not) you’ll start a better life.

Stop Psychological Overwork. In this article you’ll learn how Energy Spirituality resources can help you get out of this bad habit.

Some Quick Reading Can Help You Get More from this Article

You see, this is Part 3 of a series of 4.

Ambitiously, I’m aiming to help you overcome a problem that afflicts millions of smart, thoughtful people.

Before proceeding further? Please read:

Part 1. 10 Bright Ideas to Rock Your World

And Part 2. Psychological Overwork in the Age of Awakening.

But WHY Stop Psychological Overwork?

Isn’t self-knowledge a good thing?

Not when folks work so hard… As a result of this good thing, they throw their auras out of whack.

Simply put, for some of us Psychological Perfectionists, it’s enough to know this: Psychological Overwork means a serious imbalance.

Are you familiar with the term “vicious cycle”? Well, hello!

Sure, I could talk technical points about the mess that happens to chakra databanks. And, in the last article of this series, I’ll share a hair-raising cautionary tale. Meanwhile, here’s the problem in a nutshell.

Psychological Overwork means this: Smart, well-meaning folks fall into analyzing their lives. Not living their lives.

Ironically, one doesn’t become “better adjusted,” either. Quite the opposite. Folks in Psychological Overwork wind up annoying the people they love. Annoying everybody who isn’t also in Psychological Overwork!

• Limiting career prospects.
  • Diminishing love life.
  • And, unknowingly, stopping cold in the pursuit of self-actualization.

HOW to Stop Psychological Overwork

Know this, for starters. Your conscious mind is in charge. Either you can pay attention to life around you, and put some body English into what you are doing. Otherwise? Same old, same old living inside your head. That’s Psychological Overwork.

Second, please appreciate that there really IS such a thing as Psychological Overwork. Ir’s very much like Spiritual Addiction. Only folks emphasize figuring out their lives. Rather than (inadvertently) taking a spiritual bypass; avoiding life’s problems.

Third, it won’t go away on its own. You’ll need to actively change that analyzing habit. Yet, on the bright side…

Making the change into a more balanced life could be quite simple for you:

1. Stop analyzing yourself.
  2. Or your relationships.
  3. Analyzing your present
  4. Or analyzing your past
  5. Finally, DO give yourself 20 Daily Minutes of Technique Time.

Surprisingly fast, your life can come back to you. Personal growth and spiritual awakening will resume. (Ironically, both go into lock-down during Psychological Overwork.)

However, some people do need more knowledge. And it helps greatly to learn related skills I’ve developed. Such as “Reinsert yourself into reality.” So here are some…

Extra Resources to Help You Break the Habit of Psychological Overwork

Especially helpful if you’d prefer more of an understanding than I can give in this simple blog post. Fortunately, I spent 3 1/2 years developing a comprehensive explanation, complete with how-to’s: “The New Strong.”

Here’s a video where I introduce this power-packed book. Created with research and rigor enough to satisfy people who gravitate toward psychotherapy… Provided that you don’t expect to find psychotherapy. Which you won’t.

In addition, you can take my on-demand, online workshop for gaining the New Strong. Please sample the Free Intro first. Because that will show you if the full online workshop is a good fit for you.

This Program for Easy Vibrational Balance does work!

In Conclusion

Today I’ve described the simplest way to stop Psychological Overwork.

And I’ve directed you to two powerful resources that can help you. Beyond that, some folks prefer to book a personal session with me. That way I can tell you for sure if you’ve got this problem. And I can also guide you, step-by-step, toward how you can make your own shift into a productive consciousness lifestyle.

So many of my clients have agreed:

When I first got started working on myself psychologically, the purpose was to improve my life. Not to become my life.

Oscar Manuel says:

Well done, Rose. After reading this important article I thought it would be interesting to do a search on “Psychological Overwork.” Only two hits on Bing.

How fascinating is that, considering your estimate that 40% of Americans have this consciousness lifestyle.

Oscar Manuel says:

Both of those hits are to your work, btw. Excuse me, all THREE hits are to your work. And there are no other hits, if you’re searching on “Psychological Overwork.”

Next article idea that comes close is, “Are Clinical Psychologists Overworked and Underpaid?” I guess we’ve got a ways to go in order to change what seems important in mainstream thinking today.

Oscar Manuel says:

So thank you extra. Not just for another insightful article but for your leadership, once again, with Energy Spirituality.

OSCAR, thanks for recognizing the boldness of blog posts like this one.

I went over to Google. There, how many exact hits did I find this morning over at “Psychological Overwork”? Exactly one. From this blog, of course.

So thanks for your leadership, OSCAR. And thanks to all you thought leaders who share this article on Facebook or Twitter; or conversations; or however you do it.

You CAN make a difference.

Valerie says:

Wow 40%! I didn’t know that it was so high!

I never realized before how common this is.

VALERIE, good to hear from you. To clarify, the combo of Psychological Overwork and Spiritual Addiction is limiting the lives of an estimated 40% of Americans.

Based on helping my clients in personal sessions, I’ve found that most people have both going on. Only one person emphasizes one more than the other.

Stopping Psychological Overwork will definitely help anybody who seeks personal growth or spiritual awakening or BOTH.

Ethan says:

I will share that I have a close friend who is like this, and I’m not like this anymore (thanks to the help of personal sessions of Energy Spirituality).

To enjoy that friendship I do steer the conversations away from always analyzing and I do not take their advice on how they are solving problems. I can still enjoy the friendship- but I know what works for me in life.

Well noted, ETHAN. We can stay friends with folks in Psychological Overwork and just do the sort of workaround you figured out.

Excellent share!

Dana R says:

I find this article very poignant. You see, I used to live with Psychological Overwork and you helped me get past that, Rose.

Reading The New Strong was all I needed, reading and following up on what you recommended.

Dana R says:

Not only is the idea of Psychological Overwork quite revolutionary. So are your easy instructions to Reinsert Yourself into Objective Reality. Simple and easy. Also brilliant.

Your chapter about the Reinserting is my favorite part of a book with a lot that has been so important to me.

Dana R says:

Here’s my question, though. Now that I’m sooooooo over Psychological Overwork, it makes me sad how many people in my life are still living that way.

What can I do to persuade them? How can I get them to pay attention.

Dana R says:

I don’t know if it’s like this for other blog readers, but in my experience the people I know in Psychological Overwork are above average in intelligence.

And they’re well educated. If I were to put it bluntly, they’re pretty snobby about credentials.

Dana R says:

If you were DOCTOR Rose Rosetree, Ph.D., they might possibly respect you. Otherwise you’ve got a definite lack of credentials and therefore status in their eyes.

Have you encountered anybody who does have that status? Any public figure who is also sounding the alarm about Psychological Overwork?

Dana R says:

And what can I do to get my friends to listen? So far I haven’t said a thing because I don’t believe they will listen.

Dana R says:

Even worse, they’ll probably start lecturing me about how I need to look at my fears of Psychological Overwork, and I ought to go into therapy so I can talk about these fears with a trained professional. Help!

Gee, DANA R, what can I say? Except to enjoy your path. And invite others to join you, inviting them once only. You have no further responsibility regarding anybody else’s path in life.

But you can help people with more open minds to FIND Energy Spirituality in the first place. Maybe ask for my books at your public library. Definitely spread the word on social media, sharing articles like this one. If you’re in a book group, propose “The New Strong” — or else “The NEW Power of Face Reading.”

In short, let people know, in bite-sized chunks, about Energy Spirituality resources.

Jayme says:

“Your conscious mind is in charge.”

Thank you, thank you for being the first spiritually inclined teacher to say this.

Jayme says:

It is paramount for people at this time to recognize this.

Jayme says:

In the era of meditation, spiritual thinking and “sending light” I wish everyone would frequent this blog.

Jayme says:

To anyone who doesn’t (or won’t) I continue to recommend it because a lot of the time good people are TRYING TOO HARD.

Jayme says:

On the spiritual front (mentioned in a previous blog post) and the psychological front as mentioned here.

Hey good people- there’s not that much work to be done! Just the right kind of work and it’s all laid out by our friend Rose Rosetree.

Jayme says:

Introspection is a good thing.

But you probably did that and you’re probably ok if you wound up here.

Jayme says:

It’s tough times, scary even, and there are a lot of things to focus on.

But you’re probably ok!

Jayme says:

Nailed it again Rose. Thank you.

JAYME, you’re welcome. And thank you, too.

Nobody’s going to find out about this Energy Spirituality except through people like you, blogging and sharing and talking to friends. So thanks to all of you who step up to help spread the word.

Lindsey says:

Timely piece…Thank you! 👍🏻❤️

LINDSEY, I publish this blog so that people like you can learn to appreciate what really helps us in the Age of Awakening.

Thank for your acknowledgement and those fine emoticons.

KayCee says:

Stopping by today, I enjoyed this series and all the trimmings via comments and links to additional reading.

A cautionary tale that I well appreciate hearing and which is more important than ever to all of us.

KayCee says:

Whenever I’m able to catch up here, even just a little, it feels great to have read “The New Strong” and implemented what I learned, with results that I cherish. It’s a daily commitment and one of my best decisions, ever.

KayCee says:

A short time ago, I was able to recommend the book to someone whose spiritual seeking and practices were yielding frightening results.

KayCee says:

It’s lovely to say that I “invited once” and the book was purchased. Not long after, I learned that new decisons had been made, wisely, and this person was feeling much better.

Isn’t it wonderful? 🙂