Failures. Energy Spirituality Solutions. Part 1

Failures

Failures. Feeling sad after a disappointment or mistake? That’s natural. But how about finding a gift in that failure?

Hey, if you don’t know the meaning of the word “failure”… Sorry, but you haven’t been paying attention.

Fortunately (in a way, haha), most of us don’t have that problem. We do notice failure. Definitely. By now we’ve been given the “golden opportunity” of failure more than once in our lives.

Problem is, what do we do about that? For instance, what can we do after noticing a failure? That’s where today’s guest post post can help you.

Today’s article is a guest post by Energy Spirituality Practitioner SANDRA HAERING.

Failures Surprise Us Almost Every Time. But…

Overall, does it make sense to fear failure? Fear failure just because it’s usually possible? (And often totally unexpected.)

Of course not. Most people’s lives contain a combination of success and failure.

• Some of us, in our own minds and words, emphasize the failures.
  • Whereas others emphasize the successes.

What’s the Problem with Emphasizing Failure?

People who dwell on their failures limit themselves. In particular, they omit noticing their successes.

As a result, they often halt progress toward their goals. Always, for sure, they’re limiting personal growth.

On the other hand…

Forced Positivity Isn’t the Answer, Either.

• Since what happens to people who dwell only upon their successes?
  • Or deny every failure?
  • Or even attempt to cover up every failure?

Most important, they impede their personal growth. And stall their spiritual awakening. (Witness our recent five-part series on Fake Positivity.)

Beyond that, What Happens in Reality… When Folks Don’t Admit to Failures?

Often they lose credibility and respect from others.

How ironic! Since friends worth having know this: “To err is human.”

All of us make many mistakes in our lives.

Which Part of Failure Is Objective? Versus Subjective.

Human beings making mistakes? That happens in objective reality. So my advice is to get over it already. (Use your subjective reality for that purpose.)

Granted, failure is, at the least, uncomfortable. And, at the most, it’s devastating. But you can always consider the gifts that failure has given you. Yes, gifts.

Failures Can Definitely Bring Us Gifts.

First of all, acknowledging failure brings you understanding.

After acknowledging that failure, now you know what doesn’t work. Equally important, you can use your brains and power to figure out, what could work better. “What’s next?”could be a big improvement.

Successful people throughout history have said their success was built on many failures.

Most likely, the gift of failure helped move them in the direction of their success.

Another Gift of Failure

You may fine-tune your humility.

Unfortunately, some people cannot admit they are wrong. Supposedly, that would make them look stupid. Quite the opposite is possible, actually!

The rest of us realize that once you’ve admitted to a mistake, what’s next? You can receive help, knowledge, and healing.

Often you’ll receive respect as well.

Definitely, admitting to failure brings you freedom. Since you’re no longer thinking in terms of a beautiful idea… that doesn’t work in reality.

Maybe the Best Gift of Failure Is This

Admitting the failure can sometimes lead to another gift. Namely, strengthening your truthfulness and integrity.

By owning up to mistakes, have the satisfaction of telling the truth. And not just any random truth.

But a version of truth that helps you avoid wasted new time and effort.

• Such as the time it takes to cover up.
  • Or to make new excuses for your mistake.

Admitting the truth frees you up to move past failure and grow.

Why allow regrets to hamper your progress? Instead, admitting the truth will reward you by strengthening your honesty and integrity.

Finally, Let’s Not Overlook this Fascinating Gift of Failure

Seems to me, there may be many other gifts of your failures. In particular, one of these deserves mention.

Sometimes powerful people in your life may try to convince you that you’ve failed. When their claim to truth is only some peculiar idea they have. An illusion. Not true, and not applicable to you and what you’ve done.

Once you have established a habit of admitting mistakes to yourself and others, of course! It’s easier for you to discern what is an actual failure.

Consequently, you’ll find it easier to stand up for yourself. As for the truth of your integrity, and the appropriate use of your power? These will show unmistakably in your auric modeling.

This post is dedicated to my Energy Spirituality clients who have used their gifts of failure to progress in their lives. Thank you for allowing me to use skills of Divine co-creation to facilitate and witness your growth.

I would also like to thank Rose, whose honesty, integrity and body of work have improved so many lives. Mine included.

Anna Patricia says:

I’ll admit it, I teared up when reading this article. Thank you Sandra and Rose.

Even though it’s embarrassing to admit, you know what my habit has been? I’m used to “being positive.”

Anna Patricia says:

Even though I’ve read all the articles here, I think, about how fake positivity is a bad thing. And I do think I’ve cut down on that.

But this article reminded me or awakened me about a holdout area, which has been failure.

Anna Patricia says:

I’ve been to quick to race for the gift. Or make one up.

And meanwhile, I’d push away the sense of failure. Then start getting really busy.

Anna Patricia says:

Honesty with yourself can be tricky, can’t it?

I think today’s article will make it easier for me to live more like a normal person, recognizing failure, allowing myself to feel how it hurts (even if I’m not really the one at fault). I love the honesty underlying blog posts like this one. I think it’s contagious.

Well said, ANNA PATRICIA.

When push comes to shove, all of us reading — or writing — at this blog are human. Which means, we’re just finding our way. We’re neither Gods nor angels.

What does that mean, when disappointments or failures come? Emerging from that is just part of the human experience.

It matters whenever we manage to follow up after a loss, saying things and doing things, finding the will to go on; mustering up whatever dignity, creativity, and kindness are possible.

Liane says:

“”Provided that you don’t give up, eventually you can find good ideas about what to do next.” This is such wisdom!

Liane says:

Failure is a stepping stone.

It’s when I stall after a failure, that’s when the going gets a little tougher. Stalling is another word for fear… fear of failure.

Liane says:

This post is encouraging and helpful. Thanks Sandra and Rose!

LIANE, you’re so welcome. What a useful perspective on stalling you’ve given us!

Living on Earth says:

Thank you for this thought provoking well written post Sandra and Rose!

Living on Earth says:

“…strengthening your truthfulness and integrity.” is very powerful in my experience.

Doing and saying things with my truth and integrity has tremendously helped me to use my power.

Living on Earth says:

Well, to first recognize my power to begin with. And then to stand up for myself when needed.

Living on Earth says:

It also strengthened my internal validation process. Respecting it and listening to it more.

Definitely, to me it’s a treat around here whenEnergy Spirituality Practitioner SANDRA HAERING guest posts!

And thanks for your comments as well, LIVING ON EARTH.

Isn’t it fascinating how conflicts in life — including failure — may feel as though they’re all about our feelings? Therefore, it’s tempting to wait until we feel better before taking action.

Likewise, we can feel as though we need to analyze our feelings in order to “resolve” them, so we can take action. (A recipe for Psychological Overwork, and diminishing effectiveness, sadly.)

Alternatively, LIVING ON EARTH, you’ve clearly learned that handling conflicts requires using power in objective reality. Not waiting until we feel better subjectively.

Following that, what a hilarious bonus! Our subjective self-authority does improve. Not just yours. Everyone who uses power responsibly, appropriately.

Gotta love Earth School! When we progress at living more effectively as human beings, life often sends us a cute little bonus like that.

Edward Grant says:

Thank you Rose and Sandra.

This is a wonderful article.

EDWARD, you’re welcome. Wonder is in the eye of the beholder, too.

Yvonne says:

I’ve been fighting about whether I could read this post all the way through. Really, fighting within myself.

Today I finally figured out why I wasn’t able to stand reading this article. After I figured that out, I could. I did. I’m glad that I did.

Yvonne says:

With the many articles I’ve read at this blog about being positive and fake smiles and all of that, I was sure I understood the pitfalls and I would never go there any more.

Except I think I’ve had an internal kind of need to make everything about my life story nice, like a 30-minute sitcom that always has a cute ending.

Yvonne says:

Getting down to it, the painful part, I’m used to telling myself that I’ve never failed at anything.

Only what’s the truth? A divorce. Some romantic breakups. A few friendships that I never wanted to end but each time my now-ex-friend insisted, so that was that.

Yvonne says:

To be honest, my list of endings (or failures) really gets much longer.

Jobs where I quit or was fired. Roommate situations that were always The Other Person’s Fault. Only I was the one who had to find a new place to live.

Yvonne says:

Long story short, this morning I admitted to myself that deep inside I have had a lot of endings or failures. Even though I’ve done what I could to soldier on, those endings FELT like failures.

That’s how they felt to me. Only I wouldn’t admit that to myself. The Failure-word.

Yvonne says:

Today I stopped protesting too much, like the quote from Shakespeare. I stopped telling my self, “Other people have had failures, not me.”

And then I got really honest with myself and chose to recognize a pretty disgusting belief inside me, “Only weak people have failures. Never me.”

Yvonne says:

Once I recognized that idea, I could go “duh!” and get rid of it, finally.

And then I was able to finally read this article, which contained a lot of wisdom for me all along.

Yvonne says:

Rose, in Energy Spirituality sessions you’ll often offer a Teaching Tale and it helps me.

Today I’m offering my little Teaching tale to any of you blog readers who have been thinking the way that I used to. “I have no need to read this article. Yet I don’t know why it annoys me so. Why write an article about failure? Unlike weaker people I’ve never had a failure.”

Yvonne says:

In all honesty, I have. I don’t have to feel ashamed about that any longer.

Powerfully honest, YVONNE. Thank you for this Teaching Tale.

So moved by everyone’s comments and their personal experiences with failure. Thank you all ❤

Me too, SANDRA.

Plus, you inspired a couple of follow-up posts to come. 🙂

Gabrielle Easton says:

So happy to read the guest post from Sandra! Thank you!

I am your biggest fan!

Gabrielle Easton says:

Came across a Growth mindset topic few days ago.

Growth mindset – seeing failure as an opportunity for learning and growing.

Good to hear from you, GABRIELLE EASTON! Thanks for chiming in while we’re having a kind of bell chorus.

Emily Turner says:

Lovely post Sandra, thank you.

Agreed, EMILY TURNER!