Spiritual Bypass Versus GET REAL

Spiritual Bypass. That could become your path, but only if you let it happen.

Spiritual Bypass — have you ever heard of “Taking the Spiritual Bypass”?

Even if you’ve already been warned, there’s plenty more joy and practical help for you.

• Awaiting your eyes and heart!
  • Thanks to the March issue of our free Energy Spirituality newsletter.

What is the Spiritual Bypass? Skip down to Comment #48. within our lively discussion at this thread.

I was holding off on defining it until the Newsletter came out, around a week later. But the discussion got lively ahead of time. 🙂 So here we are, at this free-flowing blog post.

Here’s How this March Newsletter Begins

I hope you don’t mind my bringing this up. Especially at a time when there are already challenges aplenty, like the toppling stock market and unsettling, unfolding mysteries of The Coronavirus and You.

But I’ve been noticing something about you and one of your relationships, and I think I can help. In fact, I’d like to devote this entire issue of “Reading Life Deeper” toward helping.

Helping which relationship? The one you have with Objective Reality.

You know, one of your oldest friends, Objective Reality. Like the very physical blankets you were snuggled in, right from your very first birthday. Both the home you lived in then, and where you live now, and all the homes in-between. All of them contained plenty of good old Objective Reality.

Which Articles Can You Look Forward to?

Our lead article in this newsletter is Upgrade Your Friendship with Objective Reality. (This is the one that introduces and explains the term “Spiritual Bypass.”)

I’ll also treat you to a Lighthearted Hand-Washing Quiz. Because in less time than it takes to sing “Happy Birthday” 200 times, you just might be wearing a smile on your face.

Want Power-Learning about Energy Spirituality? Here’s Just the Thing… in our third newsletter article.

Final upbeat goodie for you in this newsletter? You guessed it. If you guessed… The Best of the Blog.

In Closing

Please remember this saying from the Age of Awakening. (Not terribly old, this saying. In fact, I’m making it up right now. Let’s see if it lasts.)

When the going gets tough, wise people get stronger.

Not pushier and tougher but sweeter, stronger, and more effective.

Think about it.  When push comes to shove, what kind of person do you want to be? Somebody beautiful. And also, maybe, somebody who’s learning how to gracefully use more of your personal power than ever.

Yes, This Newsletter Can Help You with Spiritual Awakening

And Personal Growth

Very specifically, in this issue you’ll learn the importance of avoiding the Spiritual Bypass.

Always, articles in our newsletter shows you the leading edge of Energy Spirituality.

Only you can’t read these articles unless you sign up for this monthly newsletter.

That’s Right. You Can’t Receive this Light-Hearted Hand-Washing Quiz, etc… Unless You Subscribe

Thousands of other readers subscribe. Come join us.

And no hand-washing needed in order to sign up.

1. Simply go to my website’s Home Page. (For a shortcut, just scroll up to the Energy Spirituality logo at the top of this page. Click on it.)
  2. Scroll all the way down. And there you’ll find the signup box. Easy-peasy.
  3. If you ever wish to unsubscribe, incidentally, that’s easy too.
  4. Also worth knowing: If you should you change your email address, it would be great if you’d unsubscribe out the old. Then subscribe in the new.
  5. Of course, your confidential email address will be handled honorably. No renting. No selling. Never.

Meanwhile, COMMENT Away, Blog-Buddies

Before, and also after, receiving this newsletter…

What are your current thoughts about the Spiritual Bypass?

And how well do you think you’ve been doing with avoiding it?

Jnana says:

I like the sound of this! Looking forward.

Emily Turner says:

I’m looking forward to reading this!

JNANA and EMILY TURNER, so good to hear from both of you. Thanks.

Yes, I think a lively newsletter — and then conversation — is in the offing!

Valerie says:

Can’t wait to read about it Rose!

I like your saying. Something like that has been mine too for a very VERY long time.

VALERIE, I think you’re going to enjoy this March issue of “Reading Life Deeper.”

Thanks for chiming in. To me, you always add something really beautiful to the music of Blog-Buddy comments.

anabela says:

It wasn’t until I read The New Strong that I realized I wasn’t fully engaged in objective reality.

anabela says:

I am functional and managed to do a lot with my life, but I was either obsessed with the past or daydreaming while going through the motions begrudgingly.

anabela says:

Hamstrung by the past, dreaming of a better future which became more and more elusive.

Chores and duties became frustrating burdens, and I was really unhappy.

anabela says:

But all I need to do is to simply focus on doing my duties without my mind wandering/time-traveling, and life is a lot more vivid and enjoyable.

ANABELA, thank you for this series of comments. Including those I’ll publish a bit later so that I can interact with you and other Blog-Buddies bit by bit along the way.

And thank you for writing a really articulate, intelligent set of comments as somebody who has done a first reading of “The New Strong.”

To be clear, ANABELA, what have you written about in Comments #6-9 are not really about the Spiritual Bypass. I’ll define that, even in advance of our newsletter, so that we know more what this thread is officially about.

Although this continues to be a teaching blog, so no harm in having this bit of conversation here, no harm at all.

The New Strong” is a visionary book and also a problem-solving book, crammed with practical ways to adjust to life in these early years of the Age of Awakening.

For example, it helps readers to solve problems about how to use our New Vibrational Freedom, something that all human beings were developing during the New Age Years (1980-12/21/12).

But which now, for sure, everybody has available.

Seems to me, ANABELA, some of the difficulties you wrote about in Comments #6-9 are about your personal situation (kinds of STUFF in your aura, etc.) while some of them are about adjusting to the Age of Awakening.

Nothing you’ve written is really about the Spiritual Bypass. Although that I’m so grateful to you for raising many teaching points for our entire community. Until you commented I wasn’t really thinking about the relationship between living the New Strong and categorically avoiding the Spiritual Bypass; in that sense the two really are connected.

I definitely wish to supplement your Comment #9 with some clarification, hoping that (as usual) you’ll be a really good sport about my attempts to bring forth more clarity about everything Energy Spirituality.

Of course, I have no idea whether what you wrote was just a summary, meant for blog readers who may not know anything whatsoever about The New Strong, or whether this is the summary you have given yourself… following a first reading of that how-to book.

Either way, this well-meaning summary turns out to be quite a misrepresentation of what I recommend people do.

For example, “The New Strong” contains an entire chapter called, “Reinsert Yourself into [Human] Reality.” That chapter is full of practical recommendations that work, and don’t bring negative consequences as a byproduct.

And I think that’s what you were alluding to. However, you won’t find me advising any Energy Spirituality reader or client to “focus” on things. Nor do I recommend concentrating, pressuring yourself, or doing the equivalent of a mental squint.

Never do these, please. They won’t help a thing.

Neither article advises people to “do their duties.”

You see, Blog-Buddies, this is the sort of thing that happens to anyone after a FIRST READING of “The New Strong.”

Typically, readers (including brainy you, ANABELA) retain maybe 10% of the information. For this reason, you’ll get best results with some slow rereading. And/or taking in my online workshops on The New Strong.

Even a 10% understanding and use of what’s in that how-to book could result in what you reported, ANABELA, how “life is a lot more vivid and enjoyable.”

Definitely a good start!

anabela says:

More importantly, after a few conversations with Rose, I realized so much of humanity isn’t doing well after the 2012 Shift.

anabela says:

Many people I considered friends are actually shut down, projecting a facade, or just not paying attention to real life and others by over-indulging in subjective inner life.

anabela says:

Social media and the current culture also causes people to indulge in the worst inclinations.

Continuing now, I’ll respond to your Comments #21-23, ANABELA.

Psychotherapists sometimes talk about having conversations.

Also, with friends (of course) you might definitely have conversations. (I hope all you Blog-Buddies do that, often and fulfillingly!)

By contrast, I’m a Practitioner of Energy Spirituality. As such, I facilitate personal sessions. Not conversations.

And just in case this is relevant to how some of you talk about our sessions, whether on this blog or in public or on social media, the truth is to say, “I had sessions of Energy Spirituality.” Not…

* “I had conversations.”
    * “I had therapy.”
    * “I had life coaching.” (Regarding this alternative, of course I’m not a life coach. Yet one of my clients published a memoir in which she publicly “thanked me” for our “sessions of life coaching.”)

Blog-Buddies and clients, please help me spread the word about Energy Spirituality, unique in the world today, including 10 distinctive systems, loads more leading-edge discoveries and numerous session innovations (only some of which are described here at my website.)

I sure would appreciate if you would help people discover Energy Spirituality, rather than making my job harder than ever. For instance, encouraging people to think, “I’m already doing that, having conversations with a therapist.” When they’re doing nothing remotely like Energy Spirituality.

Knowing you, ANABELA, I know that no disrespect was intended. Ever.

Yet I need to stick up for my life work, and not let it be politely or casually belittled. I do feel the need to call out problems in some other points that you’ve made here, problems that were clearly unintended; never aiming to hurt your feelings but to encourage all you good people to do better by a system that has helped them!

Regarding Comment #22, this also reveals (to this teacher) a beginner’s understanding of what’s at this blog; what I present more in depth in my workshops and books.

Pardon my mentioning one of many possible examples: Psychologists refer to people being “shut down.” It’s also a popular term in Collective Consciousness; namely, everyday slang.

But have any of you, in any context, ever heard me describe people as being “shut down”? Definitely not.

Instead, one of the terms of art in Energy Spirituality is “Spiritual Shutdown.” (The link just supplied can introduce you to a variety of Consciousness Lifestyles. And yes, Consciousness Lifestyles is also a term of art developed within Energy Spirituality.)

anabela says:

I found the 2012 Shift to be the most difficult in the realm of relationships, because so many people are lost in their own minds (or the astral) that they don’t authentically connect with one another.

anabela says:

We are social creatures after all, so the longing for connection remains.

anabela says:

How do we reconcile this desire for authentic connections in a time when people are so shut down or not being themselves?

Regarding Comments #32-34, I consider that you’ve written some very heartfelt observations and questions. Only, again, the degree of understanding and precision is about 10%.

So, at this educational blog, I’m going to clarify terms that were used. After all, this is an educational blog for everyone who’s interested in growing personally. For Energy Spirituality to truly help people, please don’t allow precise terms of that I’ve spent years developing… and substitute your own versions. This dilutes the message of Energy Spirituality, potentially causing it to become befuddled, losing its inherent power. Please respect, this is terminology that I spent years developing. And it can help you Blop-Buddies a lot.

In my experience as a spiritual teacher, dating back to 1969, the truth of a teaching about consciousness can easily get lost. Not on purpose but bit by bit.

If you consider that I spent 3 1/2 years writing “The New Strong,” you can appreciate that I didn’t have an immediate understanding of this new terminology either. Rather, I took time and care, developing the most precise, helpful language I could. Please allow me to share some of that for those of you who are interested. Don’t substitute other ideas that you think are “just like” a leading-edge concept that you’re only just beginning to comprehend.

This began on December 21, 2012. Obviously, then, that historic change didn’t take place until close to the end of that entire year.

Many of you Blog-Buddies might be surprised at things you don’t know yet about that historic shift. Might I recommend this? Open up this blog post with a quiz about What Really Happened with the Shift into the Age of Awakening? Take that quiz; it can help you to fill in some gaps and confusions in your knowledge.

* People are lost in their own minds
    * People are lost in the astral

* People don’t “authentically connect with one another.”

I’m not doubting that you like using these terms, and they have meaning for you, ANABELA. But let’s not confuse readers at this blog by implying that I use language or concepts like these. Really, I don’t. And I could go into a great deal of detail about why not, but let’s keep things here relatively simple.

Otherwise, all that said? You’re asking for help about the lack of (what I’d call) “fulfilling relationships” in your life.

How can I help?

Beyond that, I would recommend personal sessions of Energy Spirituality.

Or if some of you Blog-Buddies would prefer, sessions of psychotherapy. Or life coaching. 😉 Or whatever brings you good results.

One tip might be helpful for some of you reading this thread. At this blog, I use ALL CAPS to refer to you Blog-Buddies by name, as a kind of honorific, comparable to “-san” etc. in Japanese.

After fulfilling more of my work obligations today, I’ll return here to define “The Spiritual Bypass.”

Unless some of you Blog-Buddies do it here first, via your always-welcome comments. 🙂

Hello again, Blog-Buddies. So, what is the Spiritual Bypass? It involves distancing oneself from objective reality and normal human emotions. (Namely, those right on the surface of life: happy, sad, scared, angry.)

And distancing oneself how? Though spiritual or religious practices. This article gives a good introduction. See paragraphs 1-3, only.

Jnana says:

‘Can you be present to all of your feelings without any one of them defining you?’

That’s a hard one for me.

Oh, for heaven’s sake, JNANA. You quoted from an article that spent the first three paragraphs giving a pretty good definition of the Spiritual Bypass. I only quoted that article for that purpose.

Congrats on reading further, but if you think I EVER, EVER recommend “being present to feelings” — the answer is no. This blog is about Energy Spirituality, not promoting the dubious ideas in “Psychology Today”!

You know, it’s so common that people think that psychological work on oneself is the ultimate way to grow.

And I do admire mental health professionals who make life more bearable for their client and patients.

Aglow and brimming with promise that “This is the way to a better life.”

Only I’m not convinced of that. Particularly because I’ve had plenty of Energy Spirituality sessions with clients who tried to “be present.” Etc. Aura-level, results were terrible.

And why wouldn’t they be? Trying to “be present” divides the mind. Once awake, and through our waking hours, our consciousness works just fine as it naturally operates.

Especially if we’re not taking recreational drugs or doing Technique Time all day long — a lesson that previous comment, Brave ANABELA, has definitely taken to heart.

Please think twice, JNANA, and other Blog-Buddies, when somebody promises you a better life if you just insert extra Technique Time all day long… in the form of “trying to be present” or silently chanting mantras all day long, or other ways to position your consciousness away from human reality.

Here’s the irony, to me, about your Comment #49, JNANA. In our long relationship, where you continue to grow so much from your Energy Spirituality sessions, didn’t you used to be the sort of person who’d happily chant mantras or do some other form of meditation time? Adding up to more than 20 Daily Minutes of Technique Time, Tops! (Inadvertently detaching from human life.)

Well, as the first three paras of that now semi-notorious article from “Psychology Today” warned, doing that sort of thing counts as the Spiritual Bypass.

What the author of that article evidently didn’t/doesn’t understand, is that there’s also a Psychological Bypass. And that consists of psychologically manipulating one’s emotions, thoughts, or consciousness.

Both of these habits take people away from the Main Highway of a meaningful, powerful, spiritual path. One that can help you to move toward using your full potential in life, Enlightenment.

Thank you, JNANA, for a very meaningful contribution to our ongoing discussion here.

Jnana says:

Sorry, Rose didn’t mean to frustrate you there. Bit of a slow learner over here.

Nothing like a friendly rap on the knuckles to get me back on track.

Haha, no worries, JNANA.

I’m inspired, actually. Because you helped me to coin a new term… at least it might be a new term… the Psychological Bypass.

Definitely a real thing. But I wonder if anybody has dared to name it yet.

I’m gonna check on Google right now.

Ha, not a single direct hit, JNANA and other truth seekers. As in any article published with a title including the words “Psychological Bypass.”

Let the historical Googlable record show that on March 15, 2020, these are the top three hits on “the Psychological Bypass.”

#1. Commonwealth of Massachusetts – Mass Gov (A legal document about a personnel decision.)

The reasons proferred for the psychological bypass and accepted by the personnel administrator were based essentially on the opinion of Dr. … Crosby, in my opinion, would have significant difficulties because of her vulnerability to impulsive decision-making and questionable judgment. For these reasons, Ms.

#2. Untitled – Mass gov (A legal document referring to the Boston Police Dept.)

Authority Boston Police Department (hereinafter referred to as the “Department” or “BPD”), for the psychological bypass of the Appellant for original appointment …

#3. From a book about “Cognitive Humanistic Therapy” by Richard Nelson-Jones.
    A book published in 2004.

The term “Psychological Bypass” appears in Chapter 10:
    “However, clients, therapists and others should beware of what might be termed the psychological bypass – focusing mainly on higher or more elevated forms of personal functioning and bypassing inadequately dealing with the family of origin residues and other agendas that can interfere with being more compassionate and generous.”

Soooooooooooo funny!

JNANA, thanks to you for inspiring me to start using the term “Psychological Bypass” in what is evidently a new way. And oboy! I’m changing my plans for Monday’s blog post, haha!

Incidentally, I just searched on “chakra databanks” in order to contribute a bit to this website’s SEO. All this preparing to start tomorrow’s blog post.

What did I find? The third hit on google is to somebody who actually included the term “chakra databanks” in an article.

I raced over to the article at Dishaa Life Solutions.
    Could this very Age of Awakening concept be spreading already? Well, kind of.

I found a subheading that seemed promising, “What are the chakra databanks?”

In case you’re wondering, here’s the understanding over at Dishaa:

“Majorly the information in the Aura is concentrated in the body parts corresponding the Major Chakras. Each Of these contain these CHAKRA DATABANKS, which are the specialized chunks of information , specialized in different aspects of life respectively. They have the information like each ones finger print, unique and non changeable at all.”

“Non changeable” at all? News to me, given comparison aura readings like these.

But it’s a beginning. By all means, let’s watch the trickle-down effect of innovations in Energy Spirituality. Which, btw, can help you understand why I took the time to write so many comments in response to ANABELA at this thread.

Anabela says:

“It’s kind of sweet, in a way, how you wrote in Comment #21, “after a few conversations with Rose.” Only let’s be clear about this, because many people are evidently having difficulty with this concept…”

Apologies. It is difficult because most people don’t have your knowledge and experience, so we are not aware that we are using the Spiritual or Psychological Bypass.

The language we use today may be disappointing to you, but many people can’t even express their thoughts and feelings properly. Even using language that may be Spiritual or Psychological Bypass is really all some people have. It’s not ideal but they have to start somewhere.

I did not think using the term “conversation” as problematic. I do not think of you as a therapist or equate your work with therapy, but since you made that distinction clearly, I will keep that in mind. Again, many of us don’t have your knowledge. I’m concerned that anything I write may be offensive but it is not meant to be at all.

“For Energy Spirituality to truly help people, please don’t allow precise terms of that I’ve spent years developing… and substitute your own versions.”

I was speaking about my own experience and did not intend to suggest that you made those comments, so I apologize. It was not a summary of The New Strong, but I did not claim to have a 100% understanding of it either. That is why I wrote this post to open up a dialogue. I am concerned that the word “dialogue” or any other word I use is offensive to you.

“It’s not helpful, or accurate, to refer to the “2012 Shift.” ANABELA, I think you’re referring to the Shift into the Age of Awakening.”

I apologize for not being precise.

“So, what is the Spiritual Bypass? It involves distancing oneself from objective reality and normal human emotions. (Namely, those right on the surface of life: happy, sad, scared, angry.) And distancing oneself how? Though spiritual or religious practices.”

That is my understanding of the Spiritual Bypass, even if my full understanding is not there yet. It is a new concept to me, although I have been told therapists also use this term.

“In the specialty of Energy Spirituality about educating people about the Age of Awakening, here are terms you have used, ANABELA. However, these are not terms that I have ever used. Period.
    * People are lost in their own minds
    * People are lost in the astral”

Those are my words. I never intended to say that you said them. I apologize if anyone thought that I am summarizing your work and knowledge.

“Reading “The New Strong” (more than once) and taking the New Strong Collection of Online Workshops… These are resources that can prove helpful.”

That is why I posted: To see if I understand The New Strong correctly or if I can learn more.

“When you comment here, or otherwise give people your name, for heaven’s sake: Use initial capitals for your first name and last name. Not “clever” variations like “anabela.” Likewise, if you’re writing in English, capitalize “I” when referring to yourself. Rather than “i.” Doing this lowercase kind of thing was really considered daring and cool… in the heyday of the poet “e.e. cummings.” Like in the 1940s. These days, whatever your personal motivation in lowercasing yourself, it doesn’t make anybody look good in mainstream society. So if you’d like a boost to your personal relationships, this little change might not be a bad place to start.”

When I created this account on your website, the web browser automatically inserts my name into web forms. It was not capitalized. I rarely comment on blogs, so how I write my name or whether I capitalize it or not is not an issue. No intention to be clever or cool. When I write my name, I usually follow proper punctuation unless it is a typo. I did not see many other Blog-Buddies give their surnames as well. If your blog has rules about what terms to use, grammar, punctuation, and what names to use, maybe a disclaimer at the top of the blog might be helpful. Unless people have been commenting here for years consistently without a break, no one knows how RES has changed or what your personal preferences are. I had to go to account settings to change my name.

I understand that you are offended by my unintentionally offensive post, and I apologize once more. To say how my name is not properly capitalized and how it somehow relates to my relationships is not fun to read. It was an attempt to open my heart and experience to others.

Thank you, ANABELA, for opening your heart and experience. (And congratulations on taking up the suggestion to give an initial cap to your name with your latest comment.)

I’m not sure apologies were requested or needed from you. Instead, I was simply doing my job, which is to use this blog to teach about Energy Spirituality. And to help people course-correct if their understandings and terminology could use a bit of a tweak. I don’t call that “being offended” but “bringing discernment.”

Anabela says:

“But overall, reverence for psychology is like a religion among educated people. A religion that’s obsolete in the Age of Awakening. I’m not the least bit surprised, in a way, that a person could be impressed by ideas like “be present to your feelings” or “monitor your thoughts” or “control your… whatevers.” Thanks to pop psychology, ideas like these are all aglow in Collective Consciousness.”

I am not the only one who immediately thought about “being present.” Many of us got this from Eckhart Tolle. I am not 100% clear between the distinction between re-inserting into physical reality and being present. After talking to a friend, she was also not clear on this distinction. My best understanding is doing whatever it is I was doing before my mind wandered without judgment or chastisement. It is still a very difficult for me to do though. It may be really obvious to you, but it is not obvious to many of us, as seen within this series of replies to this post.

“As for “doing your duties”? In other contexts I have blogged here about dharma. And also about “Acting Like a Good Person.” Neither article advises people to “do their duties.”

These are my words. I did not say you used the word “duties,” although “duties” does not have a negative, coercive connotation for me. For me, duty means performing responsibilities related to roles we signed up for in family and society.

“And to help people course-correct if their understandings and terminology could use a bit of a tweak. I don’t call that “being offended” but “bringing discernment.”

When I read words like “for heaven’s sake” or “belittle,” I would think someone is offended. If you say you are not, then that’s good.

ANABELA, here’s an idea from this teacher about how to gain more clarity, helping you understand important concepts from Energy Spirituality. Since, evidently, you’re aware that you could stand some refining. Reread the ideas I’ve already supplied for you in comments at this thread. Rather than, for instance, asking your friend’s opinion.

Also, you could take the copy you’ve already got of “The New Strong” and read the chapter I recommended for you — and other Blog-Buddies — on “Reinsert Yourself into Reality.” (And, please, ANABELA, no more comments from you here for a while.)

Just published today, the first ever article online (I believe) on The Psychological Bypass. Not Spiritual but Psychological.

Come have a look, and COMMENT away.

Blog-Buddies, do you know any (intelligently-isolated) body who could use some cheering up?

Encourage them to sign up for this newsletter. It’s an upper! And folks have until midnight tonight to sign up in time to receive it when, tomorrow, it arrives at in-boxes.

Hooray! The March issue of “Reading Life Deeper” has been published. Hope you enjoy it.

Come share your reactions, questions, Aha!s.

Speaking of your pal and mine… Objective Reality… Blog-Buddy HELEN just wrote some comments leading up to a powerful acknowledgment. Regarding the role of Objective Reality for those of us who seek personal growth and spiritual awakening.

Check out Comments #111-119. Here!

Now, as promised in our March issue of “Reading Life Deeper” — ta da!

Here come answers to our Lighthearted Hand-Washing Quiz.

Q#1. The most important thing to do whenever you wash your hands is to pray. That’s the true inner meaning of “cleanliness.”

FALSE

Note: Washing your hands is about OBJECTIVE Reality. (The main topic of this newsletter issue.)

Whereas, in terms of positioning of your consciousness, prayer is about SUBJECTIVE Reality.

Q#2. Whenever washing your hands, always be positive. Otherwise all the hand-washing in the world won’t protect you.

FALSE

Note: Pretending or otherwise struggling to feel something “positive” positions consciousness at SUBJECTIVE Reality.

The link in Comment #83 will take you to a power-packed article about trying to be positive. There you’ll also find links to other useful articles in that series.

Q#3. Use mindfulness whenever you wash your hands. That’s a vital way to move toward Enlightenment.

Keep scrubbing until you deeply sink into the experience of feeling what it’s like to be the cuticle on your left thumb. FALSE

Note: As you can learn from this article about mindfulness meditation, don’t let the hooplah about it confuse you. As researched in the article at the previous link, this type of meditation is worse than a waste of time.

Also, of course, it positions your consciousness at SUBJECTIVE reality. Not required to wash your hands in OBJECTIVE reality.

Q#4. For extra-fancy mindfulness points, while you’re washing your hands, try to imagine that you’re standing there at the sink, washing your hands. Such an advanced adventure in consciousness!

FALSE

Note: Manipulating your consciousness, attempting fancy techniques like this — yep, it’s a technique — is much easier to do. Compared to pre-2012.

Since we’re now living in the Age of Awakening, and have a New Vibrational Freedom for positioning our consciousness. (Described in “The New Strong.”)

However, fancy SUBJECTIVE tricks like these are not helpful, to put it mildly.

If you have any doubt in your mind, how unhelpful this kind of consciousness trick would be for you, might I recommend? Book a session with me so I can give you a Consciousness Positioning Consult®.

Q#5. Prepare for bilocation while you wash your hands. Don’t just stand there at the sink in your boring human body. Simultaneously try traveling in an astral body to a convenient planet. Maybe Neptune? (It’s supposed to be very clean.)

FALSE

Note: My advice, Blog-Buddies? Don’t go there, either literally or figuratively.

Q#6. Are you worried about what will happen to your Golden Bubble Visualization while you wash your hands?

Sadly, soap will scrub it away. So don’t bother using soap any longer. Instead, visualize your precious Golden Bubble and let it energize the water you’re using to wash your hands. FALSE

Note: If you’ve read the article i the previous link, or else the one in this second Golden Bubble article link, this could have been one of the funniest questions in the quiz.

Otherwise, if you still believe in alleged magically protective powers of the Golden Bubble Visualization, please be sure to read both these clarifying articles.

Q#7. If you’re using pump soap, don’t add water to get extra soap for free. Diluting that soap can ruin its effectiveness at protecting you from bacteria.

TRUE

Note: Potentially this is important, since we’re all avoiding the coronavirus.

I always used to dilute pump soap for the last inch or two. No more!

Q#8. Does it seem like a terrible waste of time doing all that washing, washing, washing? Also, do you ever worry that you might develop obsessive-compulsive disorder as a result?

(Like Lady Macbeth in Shakespeare’s famous play, “Hamlet”?) Worrying about future mental health diagnoses is a good use of mental space while washing your hands. FALSE

Ha, that Shakespeare reference is my favorite part of the quiz. Did you get the joke?

Non-English majors may have to read it twice. 😉

Q#10. Wash your hands with soap and take long enough to sing “Happy Birthday” all the way through… twice.

TRUE

Note: Not a joke, this last question. But in the Tell Me Something I Didn’t Know Department…

This link will give you alternative songs that take 20 seconds to sing.