Coronavirus Stories of Sweetness & Personal Growth

Coronavirus stories can open up your heart. Remind you to feel peace.

Coronavirus stories are welcome here.

• Especially your teaching tales of growing.
  • Clever ways you are coping.
  • Perhaps even ways that Energy Spirituality is helping you. One sequestered day at a time.

May those of us in this informal, smart, caring community support one another. And feel connected to friends.

Your Coronavirus Stories Can Be Very Human

While here working in my pink office, I began inwardly shaping this post. Of course, I asked myself, what kind of story do I have to tell?

In this situation of unprecedented novelty and personal growth potential… Naturally, I find stories every day. As you may know, I collect stories.

However, I want to keep this post-and-comments sequence mostly about YOU. Because I may be an expert at Energy Spirituality. However, each of you is the world’s expert about you. And you know that Energy Spirituality aims to help you live better humanly.

You know. Energy Spirituality aims to help people like you with emotional growth and spiritual awakening. Using skills that work now, in the Age of Awakening.

At this blog, we have a range of articles. Everything from:

So there I was, in co-creating writer mode, when in walked my story for today.

Inspiring Coronavirus Stories Don’t Have to Be Pretty, Right?

This blog isn’t about “stay positive at all times,” is it!

So let me tell you today’s story about the dead skunk. Consider that you’ve had fair warning.

Backstory First.

Yesterday I went outside to do my morning routine. (Readers of “The New Strong,” think 1 and 1/2 Minute Energy Shield.) And I saw something on the lawn, off to one side. Maybe it looked black and furry. However, I wasn’t in the mood to investigate. So I went back inside.

Fast-Forward to this Morning. And the Prospect of Enchanting Coronavirus Stories. (Yep, We’re Still in Backstory)

Early in my day, I went into the kitchen. (Home of coffee! Just not on an empty stomach.)

Feeling so glad to be alive and healthy. As usual, brimming with joyful anticipation of helping people with Energy Spirituality.

When I looked out the window. Basically, 1/3 of the wall space in that kitchen is window glass. And there I beheld something quite unexpected… An answer to the classic riddle:

What’s black and white and red all over?

The answer was: An extremely dead skunk. Only not curled up and tidy like what I saw yesterday. More like opened up with lots of red showing, as if it had been partly eaten. In case you’re wondering, a person in Age of Awakening Enlightenment… Is fully capable of feeling really, truly, extremely revolted.

Luckily I Got to Tell My Neighbor Gladys

Since after a bit, I went out to do my morning routine. And I happened to spot Gladys, who was going out to her car.

Immediately I ran over. (Naturally, keeping six feet of social distance.) I told her about the skunk. And how it had traveled overnight. From the front of the house. Past the fence to the back yard. And now with gore showing.

“How could that have happened?”

Thank God for my down-to-earth neighbor Gladys! She reminded me that we have plenty of wildlife in this suburb. Including some large- economy-sized turkey vultures. Of course, one could fly off with that “prize” and take it to a nice, private backyard.

Hey, that made sense. Even to this native New Yorker.

Gladys definitely comforted me. Also, our conversation meant a lot to me because our neighborly friendship has progressed slowly. Very slowly, during the past 10 years. I’m always happy to take another step closer. And I believe that happened today. Never before did had Gladys seen me looking scared like this. Usually she’s seen me looking happy. Not on purpose. Simply because I tend to be happy as a default.

Maybe the fear on my face made me seem more approachable.

Anyway, Now, The Heart of the Story

There I was, contemplating what could be a human-type story to share with you Blog-Buddies. What I could I write in this post?

When my husband MITCH came upstairs to my office and told me some happy news: Since he wrapped up the stinking mess of the very-dead skunk. Stuck it in the garbage can. And firmly put down the lid.

Little things can mean such a lot! Especially since I may not be capable of easily doing that kind of cleanup.

Once I managed to dispose of the carcass of a dead bird. During and after, my screaming was epic. Because I may be a fancy founder of Energy Spirituality. Yet I’m still a girly-girl.

Thank goodness for my husband, who isn’t. MITCH wasn’t just going to leave that rotten carcass in our backyard. (Until it was all eaten up. Which would have been my solution.)

Hooray!

Everyday Heroism. Everyday Friendship

These are what I celebrate in my little Coronavirus story of husbandly heroism. Plus, taking a step closer to friendship with Gladys.

You see, Blog-Buddies, personal growth doesn’t depend upon how many people we hug in one day. Or how jovial the crowd is at a favorite restaurant.

God dwells within our hearts. Through little human relationships, and learning, and kindness… that Divine presence can wake us up spiritually.

And if there’s one thing overall that I’ve been learning so far about the Coronavirus? Simply this. Going through human challenges, humanly, is a most wonderful way to keeping growing.

Since we happen to live at Earth School, that personal growth is ever fresh, always freeing.

Tag, You’re It. (At a Good Social Distance, Naturally.)

Who’s got a story to share, a story of inspiration? COMMENT away.

Together, Blog-Buddies, we’ll be reading, sharing.

Ethan says:

Thank you for the reminder that all of us can be growing, as we go through this experience both collectively and individually. Right now I can’t think of any particular incident specifically.

Overall, I have noticed this. For me it’s quite easy to keep calm and carry on. I believe that Energy Spirituality sessions I’ve had over the years have contributed to this considerably.

ETHAN, thanks. Seems to me, what you’ve noticed is in itself a pretty sweet teaching tale.

Leo Watts says:

Thanks for sharing this story, ROSE.

I will say, I’ve been quite heartened at how many of my millennial peers are taking social distancing and quarantining, to whatever extent possible, quite seriously.

Leo Watts says:

Since the shocking news coming out of Italy especially, the most common refrain on social media and real life has been “let’s take this seriously. Let’s do what’s right for the good of the country and the world.”

Leo Watts says:

That sentiment of working for the collective good coming to the forefront is a major silver lining of this health crisis for me.

LEO, this is so heartening to read. I’m a huge fan of the Millennials I’ve known so far (quite a few of whom are my Energy Spirituality clients, and one of whom is my son).

That sentiment expressed in your Comment #4 sounds very much to me like Millennial’s thinking.

In my life experience, every decade brings less push-push-push to be out and about with other people in person. (I do wonder if that has been the experience of other of you Blog-Buddies.

For instance comparing how intensely you feel the need to be with others now, compared to 10 years ago or longer.

That sentiment in Comment #4 could help to save some lives in your generation, despite internal and external pressure to hang out with others.

So many of you Millennials have excellent hair, great skin, and bright eyes. Yet some of you have already gone through pneumonia and other problems you never think about any more. Clearly, it’s vital to take extra good care of yourselves, seclusion-wise, if you have asthma or diabetes. Even if you never think of yourself as sickly. This link can provide some useful facts in that regard. Thanks for your input, LEO.

Janice says:

That’s a really interesting observation in comment #7, Rose. I don’t think I’ve been alive long enough to have much perspective on it.

It’s certainly true for me but I considered it a part of getting older.

Janice Hooper says:

For a while there was a headless bird (dead, obviously) outside my living room window. I just left it there… I checked every once in a while, and then, one day, it was totally gone!

No way was I going to touch that thing, or poke it with a stick or something. I just averted my eyes for a few months. Single lady life! 🙂

Oh, JANICE HOOPER, these comments are just superb.

That #10 was a multiple lol for me. Thank you from the bottom of my girly-girl heart.

And then when I re-read “(dead, obviously)” the lols come back in waves.

Like what other kind of headless bird would stay put outside your living room window for three months? Hahaha.

Claudia says:

Can we add sardonic humor? Today the Washington Post published an article about why religious authorities are positive that all that’s happening isn’t the end of the world. If you think his is okay to publish, Rose.

Following up on the headless bird for 3 months actually being “dead, obviously”? Oh, CLAUDIA, I think this will fit in very nicely.

Thank you.

Valerie says:

Thank you for the story Rose, I always enjoy your storytelling 🙂

Although I must say I’m NOT enjoying this social distancing, it has made me savor the interactions that I am having all the more.

Valerie says:

I also have more gratitude for the people in my life. I even have people checking up on me!

Imagine! How wonderful is that??

Valerie says:

Collectively, I have hope that people will start to appreciate the very existence of each other more, especially people they don’t know.

Since they are now so few, I have a different perspective on my daily experience of strangers. I miss them!

VALERIE, thank you for these magnificent comments.

What you wrote makes me think (and hope) that people’s hearts will open more. At a time of big challenge, the invitation to care about other people can burst through a lot of habitual indifference.

Whereas for folks like you, VALERIE, who have always been loving, caring, and longing for this world to be kinder…

Sure, there can still be room for more personal growth and spiritual awakening. Every single day we live on earth, we can discover more and more and more.

Seems to me, every human day here at Earth School is always an opportunity for rapid growth, Age of Awakening-big growth.

Only now some of us may find it easier to acknowledge that. (As you can tell, VALERIE, I was very moved by the truth value of your comments.)

Liane says:

Re: Comment #13. Oh whew. What a relief!

To have it on such good authority that this isn’t the End of the World.

Liane says:

Thanks for the comic relief, Claudia! Good timing.

Liane says:

As my daughter (who is an RN at an ICU) calls me in tears from the stress of it all.

She always tries to share a funny or uplifting story from her day, usually involving poop. That’s keeping it real in objective reality, not matter what the ‘new normal’ happens to be.

LIANE, of course you would appreciate this article, haha.

Please tell your daughter — and likewise anybody else you Blog-Buddies know who is bravely working now as a health professional — Thank You For Your Service!

Liane says:

Already I have the sense of our little community pulling together.

I’ve passed on eggs to the grocery store owner – she sold out and had none for herself. She, in turn, sold me 25# flour from the bakery dept, plus some yeast.

Liane says:

A friend from town called to see if we needed tp, I offered her coffee in return.

Liane says:

Isolation is a normal way of life for me, but I’m not alone.

We are all in this together, sorting out the details, helping one another… from dead skunks in the yard to people checking in just to see how we’re doing.

Liane says:

I gave our UPS driver a loaf of freshly baked sourdough bread and a jar of homemade jelly, showing our appreciation for the extra workload he’s experiencing.

Liane says:

Kindness rather than selfishness, whether through word or deed. These are the things that are helpful to me.

Every golden word… just beautiful. Thanks, LIANE.

Yvonne says:

Good morning, everybody. I hope all of you are having a good day.

My nice little discovery involves singing while I wash my hands. At first it was Happy Birthday. By now I’ve graduated to singing Christmas carols. It has been too long since I sang every day.

Yvonne says:

Maybe you Blog-Buddies might want to sing more too. It really lifts my spirits.

Yvonne says:

And thanks for the newsletter, Rose. They always lift my spirits too. And this one was no exception.

I think I’m noticing gifts and gratitude more that I’m mostly home alone.

Thanks, YVONNE. Singing can be such a wonderful thing.

Incidentally, if this is ever helpful for any of you Blog-Buddies: In the past I developed a method to help people who can’t carry a tune. Doesn’t necessarily work for everyone, but when I taught an adult ed course for a couple of hours (back in the day), by the end the 20+ students were all singing a whole lot better.

I started them off singing bits of “Happy Birthday.” By the end, they spontaneously serenaded their teacher with “Summertime.”

If you’d ever like to have an Energy Spirituality session dedicated to “Carrying a Tune,” I just might be able to help you. Book that session just like any personal session with me. Offering you no guarantees, but the possibility of improvement.

An Avid Reader says:

While this is a frightening situation, it has really caused people to rally together to help one another.

Indeed, AVID READER. Among other things, many of us may be remembering our shared humanity.

An Avid Reader says:

Hi Rose, people remembering their shared humanity, is, indeed, a good thing!

It does seem that, as difficult as this situation is, that it is really providing people with growth opportunities.

An Avid Reader says:

As always, I am enjoying reading here and am also grateful for all the learning and community that this blog provides

Thanks, AVID READER. And enthusiastic agreement to what you wrote about people choosing to take growth opportunities!

Erica says:

I live in a place that’s pretty socially reserved, so the ‘social distancing’ has added a whole new level to the isolation I feel here much of the time.

Erica says:

This morning, three friends and I (who did not grow up in this place of restraint!) met at a cafe that’s selling take-away coffee (cafes are otherwise closed) – we stood/sat 2 meters apart on a sidewalk and chatted and laughed while drinking our coffee.

Erica says:

It was a lovely moment of social connection, probably made more lovely by our knowledge that soon our ability to do this might be significantly constrained.

Erica says:

We can’t have leisurely lunches together at the moment, or hug, or sit close together in deep conversation, but this was an important reminder for me that there’s still real social connection to be had, even in different, ‘limited’ ways – and it’s still lovely, still good for us and still important for our friendships, even if it’s not what we’re used to or what we prefer.

Erica says:

Wishing everyone in this blog community safety and comfort in these strange times. x

Eloquent, Erica! So good to hear from you.

Have any of you noticed people getting friendlier? When I’m out in my neighborhood, I wave at people or say hello. Always have.

Now, nearly all of them acknowledge my greeting.

Plus, yesterday I received a call from a friend who has been out of touch for years.

Could people be appreciating fellow humans more these days???? Let’s hope that continues.

Tracey says:

I went to Target the other day to see if there was any toilet paper, second store in a row,

As I was walking to the paper goods section of the store, I heard a young woman giving instructions and there was a line.

Tracey says:

Figuring it was for toilet paper, I got in the line.

Tracey says:

The line started moving and i heard someone behind me say “It’s a parade through Target, looks like fun! Let’s join it!”

Tracey says:

We snaked our way to the back where two young women were handing out 12 packs of toilet paper from the one pallet that had just come in.

TRACEY, you told that story with a lot of flair. Thank you.

Jean says:

Yes – have noticed people are friendlier.

Was outside doing yard work yesterday and almost all of the many walkers passing by said hello. Some even said it before I did.

Jean says:

Goes to show we can all pull together even while staying six feet apart.

Thank you Rose for this post – and thank you to all those who commented.

JEAN, it’s sweet to hear from you. You’re welcome, and thank you for adding your special brand of eloquence here.

“We can all pull together even while staying six feet apart.” So beautifully put!

Lindsey says:

I love all these comments of the sweetness of Humanity that propels itself in the forefront of trying and difficult times such as this one.

Lindsey says:

The beauty we get to not just notice, but voluntarily participate in because of the compassion, True love and kindness within us cannot help to refrain from.

Lindsey says:

Every human being alive has this capability, opportunity and choice to utilize their own free will to live and act to their highest Human potential.

Lindsey says:

This is where God lives and can and does inspire us all, hidden in the most subtle yet powerful way, through our humane actions.

Lindsey says:

The greatest gift to me during these most difficult times for myself are all of these moments I fortunately notice and fully engage myself in.

Lindsey says:

Thank you so much! You have All helped me more than you know.

Lindsey says:

I wish Everyone this beautiful support system of God with Us in Humanity.
    💗

Thanks as always, LINDSEY.

Blog-Buddies, when monitoring comments here, I generally don’t allow outpourings about God. Partly because this blog isn’t about Energy Religion but Energy Spirituality. But writing like this from Lindsey is an exception. This Enlightenment Coach assures you, she doesn’t make theories. Rather she experiences and beautifully describes.