The Age of Faith. What Was It?

Age of Faith — What was that, really?

Age of Faith –What Was It? That’s the question this article will answer.

Thereby helping you to emerge from the shadows of this bygone time.

Because what can you say to yourself, once you understand that the Age of Faith is OVER?

Buh-bye. No thanks. Time to move on.

I’m a world citizen now. And I happen to live in the Age of Awakening.

But might I suggest? Don’t leap to that conclusion and stop reading. You deserve to understand more.

Granted, Most Human History Was in the Age of Faith

Picture a Learning Planet, Earth School! Specifically organized for the benefit of courageous souls, seeking spiritual evolution.

Life on earth was set up a certain way throughout human history. It was the Age of Belief and Trusting, until the Shift on December 21, 2012.

By now, that Age of Faith is over. Now we’re in the Age of Awakening.

Yet many people don’t yet understand that the previous era is over. Or what it even was.

So let’s explore the truth today: Exactly what WAS that era, lasting for thousands of years?

What Was the Age of FAITH?

In order to understand, let’s begin with something essential: Essentially, being human, you have consciousness. (Also known as awareness.) All your waking hours, consciousness is available to you.

Next, I’m going to get a little technical. But trust me. Because what follows is worth taking a bit of time to understand.

Throughout human history… until the Shift into the Age of Awakening on 12/21/12… How was consciousness,  set up for people?

We rode tricycles, sorta.

Specifically, human consciousness was nearly locked into certain kinds of experience. (Even more specifically, when awake we humans noticed life at Human Vibrational Frequencies.)

Other types of vibrational frequency were not available to most of us mortals. Namely, Astral Vibrational Frequencies and The Divine Vibrational Frequency.

Earth School was set up that way. Which helps explain why religion and faith mattered so much. Maybe you can guess why.

Religion in the Age of Faith

Back then, wherever you lived, religious or spiritual authority figures were really important. Whether you depended upon:

1. Your friendly neighborhood witch doctor
  2. The tribal shaman
  3. That talented medicine man
  4. Priestesses at an important temple or shrine
  5. Spiritualists or psychics
  6. Your priest. Or pastor. Or rabbi. Maybe your imam.

Surely you get the idea. Wherever you lived, you knew of somebody who could access more to life than what was human.

• Options 1, 2, 3, and 5 above were able to access help from Astral Vibrational Frequencies.
  • While options 4 and 6 were in touch with The Divine Vibrational Frequency. (At least, supposedly.)

Meanwhile, medicine was chancy. Very likely, you had lifetime after lifetime as a slave. If female, ugh! Usually that was just one step up from being a slave.

“Leviathan” writer Thomas Hobbes really nailed it when he described the natural state of mankind… As “nasty, brutish and short.”

Frankly, in terms of consciousness, except for the spiritual and psychic elites? Throughout all but the last 100 years of the bygone age, human consciousness mostly was locked into Human Vibrational Frequencies. Really, akin to riding little tricycles.

Faith Gave People Confidence. Courage.

Basically, faith got people through. Society emphasized what I call “The Old Rules.”

• Incidentally, you can learn loads more about them in The New Strong eBook or paperback.
  • And you can learn even more from The New Strong Collection of Online Workshops.
  • And it’s well worth learning about. Since these resources give you clarity and skills for thriving in the Age of Awakening. Learn these essentials and you’ll be way ahead of the pack.

Meanwhile, back in those harsh old days, faith and surrender mattered. They mattered like crazy.

Specifically, the Highest Values Involved Faith, Surrender, and Sacrifice

All this came to a climax during what I call the “New Age Years.” Namely, from 1980 – 12/21/12.

Consciousness shifts were accelerating. Although not in the ways that New Agers thought. For example, which of these were sooooooo totally relevant to that former Age of Belief:

1. Going to church if you lived in Europe’s Middle Ages. (So not optional, actually.)
  2. Law of Attraction.
  3. Believing in Channeled Teachings, like “A Course in Miracles.”
  4. Accepting the idea that you could take a Reiki weekend workshop. Or read a how-to book. And then be qualified as a professional healer!
  5. Trusting that the secret of life was “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne. (An aura reading of that scoundrel is one of many in this book for gaining REAL success. Like, success in reality.)
  6. Having total faith in “being totally positive.”
  7. Believing in old-time gurus. Or in today’s magical nonduality coaches, whose lofty state of Enlightenment is contagious. (Supposedly. And supposedly.)
  8. Trusting that if you only were “born again” you’d go to Heaven, no matter what.
  9. Attending megachurches.
  10. Not minding when the megachurches put ATM machines in their lobbies. (Hold on, wasn’t Jesus famous for driving the moneylenders out of the temple” Like, when he was a kid. Hoo-boy!)

In hindsight, we could call this era The Psychic Carnival Years. Or The Time of Fancy Tricycle Tricks.

Age of Faith Values Are Now Obsolete

Humanly, we can use free will. Rather than destiny.

Today, we can strive for personal growth. And even for spiritual awakening.

By contrast, the deeper you go into the Age of Faith, what won’t you find? Person-hood. As in individuality.

Also, you’ll find values like: Loyalty to your clan. Or tribe. Or village. Finally, loyalty to one’s family.

To this day, you’ll find Age of Faith-ers who sneer at America’s first self-actualizing generation: Baby Boomers. Calling them “selfish” and “self-absorbed.”

Simply because we stopped believing in “family values.” Instead, we sought to grow and evolve as individuals.

Consciousness-wise, the Age of Awakening is like being able to ride excellent motorcycles.

Learn more about this Age of Awakening in blog posts like these:

1. TRUE Signs of the Age of Awakening
  2. How Life Purpose Changed in the Age of Awakening
  3. Age of Awakening’s First Decade

The Faster You Adjust to the Age of Awakening, the Better

Besides being better for you… The faster you adjust, the better it will be for everyone.

Incidentally, might I recommend? Don’t use these obsolete, clueless names for the Age of Awakening:

The Age of Aquarius?

To me, this name reeks of Ancient Greece. (Gee, thanks, Ptolemy.)

Although the birthplace of democracy had its good points… Seriously? We’re going to name an entirely new era on earth after folks who put Socrates to death? Largely because he believed that God spoke to him personally, inside. And therefore, Socrates had no need of public performances honoring the official gods.

The New Age of Aquarius?

Once you recognize that we’re in a completely new era, why dredge up something obsolete. And then slap on a label, call it new? Maybe, “New, Improved Age of Aquarius”?

Seems to me, that’s kind of “New” naming is beyond ludicrous. Like naming your fresh new baby boy… Ptolemy. 😉

In Conclusion

Blog-Buddies, I  hope you’ll agree with me. In particular, you’ll recognize that the Age of Faith is over. Not by decree, but by your smart choice. Since the earlier you learn the very simple changes that are required to thrive now, wow! You’ll have a much better life.

Not to mention (almost), you’ll have a huge advantage over folks who don’t get that yet.

Photo credit to Jeff Sheldon on Unsplash

OSCAR MANUEL, thanks so much for adding this perspective. My only expertise for helping people to exit cults is my expertise as an Energy Spirituality Practitioner, and I make no claims — ever — to be a mental health expert.

Clients like CARL and LIANE come to me when they’ve already taken some steps to move on from a cult. And they sense that something inner is still holding them back.

In terms of Energy Spirituality that “something” is STUFF stuck in their auras. And my expertise involves identifying which kind of STUFF, in particular, is the priority for removal.

Then co-creating permanent removal of that STUFF, followed by PUT-IN with what serves that client better. It’s a privilege to help.

Carl says:

Hi Liane, responding to comment #193. I agree there is not much Divine Intervention in a cult, but they do make promises to achieve everything you ever wanted.

The cult I was in orchestrated situations to appear as Divine Intervention; they certainly fooled me for a time.

Carl says:

Thank you for your comment #194, Liane. Your comments are full of wisdom.

I have enjoyed many exchanges on the blog between you and Rose.

Thanks for all you just added, CARL. And how fascinating this is:

“The cult I was in orchestrated situations to appear as Divine Intervention.”

Diana says:

Yesterday something very awkward happened to me. I was talking with my friend “Joe.”

At a certain point in our conversation, something just slipped out of me. I said a little something about living in the Age of Awakening.

Diana says:

Joe was like “Huh?”

So I tried to explain. It became totally awkward, because Joe didn’t believe me.

Diana says:

Eventually he said, “Why do you believe in an Age of Awakening and an Age of Faith? What proof do you have?”

I couldn’t come up with any proof. Do you have proof, Rose? Scientific proof would be nice.

Diana says:

And then later I thought more about the conversation and I started worrying.

Mostly I started worrying about this. I know what you mean by Age of Faith, etc., since I read this blog. But how can you say that earth school has moved forward to the Age of Awakening when just about everybody around us seems to live as though we’re still in the Age of Faith?

DIANA, what’s the best way to inform somebody about anything at this blog — such as the topic of this blog post? Invite your friend to read a related blog post.

That simple.

Of course, you’re free to discuss anything at my public blog. Only which of us do you think is better qualified to communicate these leading-edge topics, or to answer questions with more expertise?

What if you think your friend might not like me and so you’re better of translating the ideas in a way that would be more acceptable?

Let’s take our chances with whether your friend cares for me and my website. At least we know that I’m an expert at communicating these ideas. Plus, I’m available to answer questions. That’s got to be good enough!

Thanks for asking here, DIANA. Over the years I’ve encountered criticism from some blog readers. They don’t like my writing. Or me. Or whatever. And so they assume they can do a much better job than I can at communicating about Energy Spirituality.

You know who’s good at communicating all this besides me? Energy Spirituality Experts!

However, they’re not teachers of Energy Spirituality. Nor Empath Coaches. Nor Enlightenment Coaches. Nor Consciousness Engineers. That said, all of them are excellent imo at communicating to their clients.

Liane says:

Carl, your comment #203 is an eye opener. Manipulation at it’s finest!

Liane says:

What I remember about Divine Intervention is how we would twist scripture to make a point that certain things were happening because of God’s judgement on the world, or individuals.

Liane says:

We could say with authority That’s Why That Happened.

Liane says:

We were most certainly on a constant witch hunt, leaving little time to enjoy the good things in life, like our human lives.

What high horses we were on!

LIANE, you just added a few eye openers yourself. (Does a sequence count as “blinkers”? 😉

So that’s a meaning of “Divine Intervention.” Fascinating.

In TM we would use “Support of Nature” to mean a God-like blessing. It implied everything from “Having good luck” to “being more evolved than other people” to “a sure sign you’re on your way to Enlightenment.”

In “The New Strong,” I wrote about Support of Nature but defined it very differently.

By contrast, never did I write about Divine Intervention in “The New Strong.” Personally, I don’t believe in it. Although it’s also not a concept I’m terribly familiar with, other than Greek Gods popping up in Homer’s Iliad, or the Christian annunciation.

And of course, in New Age circles (especially during the years 1980 until the Shift on 12/21/12), what counted as Divine Intervention… come to think of it now?

Synchronicity!

At its most extreme, there was — or still is? — The 11:11 Movement.

Here’s a link, in case any of you Blog-Buddies are reading about a curiosity from the final years of the Age of Faith.

Are any of you Blog-Buddies aware of other examples of so-called “Divine Intervention”?

Yvonne says:

I’m here to talk about my reaction to the 10 readings of ministers that you just posted at the Spiritual Enlightenment List.

As long as I’m here though, regarding your comment 223, of course. Not that I personally bought into 11:11 but I knew people who did.

Yvonne says:

Like I used to have a friend Gladys who must have been at least 55. After many years of unhappy marriage, she got a divorce.

It seemed for a few months that she didn’t know what to do with herself. Then she started talking to me about 11:11. How wonderful it was, she thought.

Yvonne says:

Next thing I knew she found a “gifted spiritual healer and psychic.” Did that become Gladys’s new life?

I’ll never know. We just started ghosting each other.

Yvonne says:

As for Divine Intervention, which you wrote about in your comment 224, Rose, to me that’s another of course kind of thing.

Trust me, if you spend an hour a day, off and on, praying for people. Praying that Joe’s car can be repaired. Praying that Gladys can find a husband.

Yvonne says:

Praying, praying, praying? Then you’d better believe in Divine Intervention.

Yvonne says:

Do I still live that way? No, sadly, I don’t. I believe in God, of course, but not as somebody who fixes things for me or other people.

Once I stopped believing in Divine Intervention, I might have become better adjusted to life as it us. I have to say, though, some of the magic went out of my world.

Yvonne says:

Now, about Rebecca’s 10 pastors she nominated for the Spiritual Enlightenment List, and about your readings of them, that’s even sadder than 11:11 and Divine Intervention.

I suppose all 10 of those Evangelicals wouldn’t be such superstars if there wasn’t a need.

Yvonne says:

And I also suppose that if there were a need for religious leaders who were living The New Strong, or even Enlightenment, sigh!

If that’s what people really wanted, religious leaders like that would be found and then become the popular ones.

Yvonne says:

Same with religious leaders living in Human-Based Spirituality, only unlike that very disappointing group of 10 pastors, how about religious leader with both something good at the third eye chakra databank for connection to spiritual source and also something good at root chakra databanks.

To me, that doesn’t seem impossible.

I agree with you, YVONNE, about the hope expressed in your final comment of this series; and thanks for all of these observations.

As people move more fully into the Age of Awakening, will organized religion remain essential for many people? Maybe not. Since we can be actively co-creating with God!